Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Once more with feeling!  (Read 337 times)

Anonymous

Once more with feeling!
« on: August 03, 2008, 07:43:38 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
I'm pretty open to just about anything.  I like that my character's lives can be influenced by others.  They can adapt to what happens to them.

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Will do:  Feel free to touch them.  Grab hold of them, toss a punch, pick them up, stab them, throw things in their eyes, grope them - whatever your character would do in that situation.  Just let me get a reaction in, and if it's an attack (unless it's a special attack that does something out of the ordinary i.e. a knife that turns people to kittens on impact) let me decide the damage.  Though, if your character is trying to hurt mine in a specific way, let me know in your post and I'll play along.

Also, if our characters are traveling in a thread, leaving pub A and walking down the street to pub B perhaps, and there is absolutely nothing of interest going on, feel free to assume that my character leaves and begins walking to the second location around the same time your character does and carry on.  

Won't do:  Don't assume what their reaction is going to be.  No grabbing them and walking three blocks, tossing a one-two punch and a sleeper hold (unless your character is the Flash...), picking them up and hoisting them effortlessly over the shoulders etc.

How far can character injuries go?
Will do:  I'd like to be the one to decide how my character is damaged from a successful attack.  Feel free to drop suggestions about how your character is planning to harm mine and I'll play along.  Don't feel like you have to hold back though, do your damnedest if that's how your character would fight.  

Won't do:  Not much.  I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

How far can torture go?
Will do:  The only thing I ask is that you put up a warning for the sake of anyone following along with the thread if you've got something extremely out there.  Feel free to describe your character's methods, including the damage it inflicts.  In the event that a character's body wouldn't react like a 'normal' part would, I'll just correct that in my own post.  

Won't do:  The just about anything isn't in here, keep looking.

What about character death?
Will do:  Go for it.  If I want the character to stick around for a little while longer, I'll think of something to keep them in the game.  

Won't do:  Instant-death attacks/spells/etc.  Destroying their soul (that's just no fun).    

Ask me first:  If you want a character of mine to stay dead permanently.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Will do:  If my character meets the criteria to be transformed, just let me know and tell me anything I'll need to know about what they've become; especially if their transformer isn't a typical member if the species.  Don't assume I know how any specific creature works.  

Ask me first:  If a side-effect of transformation is complete subserviance to the transformer.  I'll probably have questions and more than likely will agree in the end - just don't spring it on me.

What about healing?
Will do:  I treat healing pretty much the same way as the damage that it fixes.  Your character can sling bandaids, herbs and healing spells at my character all they want, but let me decide how it reacts. As long as you aren't trying to tell me that a double tincture of arsenic is the perfect cure for normal injuries and ailments it's safe to say that they'll heal as intended. Now for genetic mishaps, like the poor eyesight of an albino, I might not accept the same garden variety healing spell that mends a broken body.  Because, in a sense, that character's body isn't broken, it's working as intended, just not as good as an average member of the species.  Unnatural injuries and ailments might need to be healed a specific way.  

Won't do:  No super-duper-body-fixer-upper healing mojo on anything that wouldn't be cured by normal healing methods.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?

Will do:  If it comes up, I'll roll with it.  Fading to black or playing it out are both alright with me.  As long as the situation doesn't just rear up out of what-the-devil land I'm down.  Not much offends me (Reading de Sade will do that to you XD).  

Won't do:  No your-character-will-fall-in-love-with-mine plots.  I'm never sure who or if my characters are going to fall in love with anyone.  

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC

Yuri - Nothing specific... yet.
Samari - Let's have no Curator of Infinite Realms offer to send him back to his own time... unless it's just someone stringing him along.
Scandal - No quick fix for her wardrobe malfunction aura.  That's between Scandal and her goddess.
Ishta - Is addicted to caffeine.  I'd like him to stay wired, but any efforts to clean him up are fair game.
Constance - Nothing specific... yet.
Kalaal - Is chemically addicted to Dosiseke (in addition to being extremely fond of her).  No super pills that can vaporize that attraction.  
Avahma - This may be pushing ridiculous, but no clean-o-shine-o for the soul.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal