Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Droplets on a Razor's Edge  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Daglobster

Re: Droplets on a Razor's Edge
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2022, 11:50:00 pm »
 Chrome Warrior.

It had always amazed Torien how powerful such a simple identity was. He remembered so little of his life before his reconstruction, that it was the closest thing he had to a proper identity. He’d heard it barked out over speakers so many times, by people who couldn’t care less of he lived or died. To them, he was just a chrome warrior, another in the long list of cyber-gladiators.

But to the few friends he’d made in the fighting pits, to Crem, he was The Chrome Warrior. He was a comrade, a confidant. Someone worth investing more than just spare parts in. And now… a hero? Well… someone’s personal hero at any rate.

“I don’t regret it, even if you did get me wet,” he said with a growing smile. Expertly holding the burger in one hand, he ventured out with his new limb and set the hand down on top of Seexa’s hands. The sensation of touch was still so marvelous to Torien that he ended up splaying his fingers against the back of her hand. “And I couldn’t leave you. Not in that place, with them.

He turned towards her slightly, resting one of his knees against her own.

“Here, try this,” he said, smiling as he held the steamy burger out to her.

“Real cooked food. Not raw steaks and fish flakes.”

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2022, 07:09:53 am »
Seexa smiled sheepishly at him, still dripping tank water from the ends of her hair as she cocked her head. “I’m glad…you don’t regret it.”

She started a bit when he laid his hand over hers, still unused to touch. But she adjusted quickly, unfolding her fingers from around each other so she could let her fingertips press lightly against the cool metal.

When he offered her the burger, she found herself leaning toward the smell of the food before her brain caught up with her. She sat back again quickly, but nodded. “Yes please.”

Cautiously, she took the proffered food and lifted it to her nose, sniffing curiously before she took a careful bite—a surprisingly delicate bite, considering the vigor with which she’d attacked the earlier steaks.

Her already wide eyes widened a bit further. “Oh…” She whipped her head around to stare at Torien. “That’s good!”

The shout made her raw throat ache, but she didn’t even care. Grinning, she took another bite of the burger, more enthusiastic this time, chirping and crooning happily all the while.

Hunterbuh

Miguelnop
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2022, 09:54:05 am »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2022, 11:42:56 am »
(We got botted I'm shook. Also Seexa with the borger is too much for me T_T )

He couldn't help but laugh as she shouted, wincing internally as he thought about how much it hurt him just to speak at a normal volume. She wasn't exactly eating high cuisine, but Torien recognized that the raw steaks she'd had earlier was probably the closest thing she'd had to real food.

He watched her take her second bite as well before he reached down to the bag to get some more of the food out. Ever since Crembor had re-initiated many of his systems, his augmentations (and especially the new arm) had been drawing plenty of power. As a result, Torien felt famished, and he eagerly unwrapped a burger of his own. Settling with his side against Seexa's, he took a large bite with his sharpened chrome teeth.

"It is," was all he managed to say. As soon as the food hit his cybernetic stomach, it started being burnt like fuel. Another bite, and he was looking at Seexa with a goofy, satisfied grin, before his expression softened somewhat.

"Hold still a second..." he said, and he used his thumb to snatch up some rogue ketchup at the corner of her mouth, and then turned it to show her.

"You got ketchup on your face," he whispered and it took everything he had to not just laugh painfully.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2022, 04:36:46 pm »
Seexa could only croon and nod in encouragement as Torien took a bite of his own meal, her mouth quite occupied. She did manage something of a smile in return for his own, but when he told her to hold still she furrowed her brow in confusion.

She tried to ask what was wrong, but her mouth was full. She managed to swallow a downright inhuman bite, but by then he'd swiped the ketchup from the corner of her mouth. She found herself giggling as he showed it to her.

"Guess I...don't have much practice...with table manners," she laughed quietly, giving him a sheepish but happy shrug. "Here."

Stuffing the rest of the burger into her mouth--stretching her jaw far too wide to do so, but so quickly that it was difficult to catch--she sorted through the synthpaper bag and came up victorious with a scrap of a material she couldn't name, but which shimmered slightly and bore a cartoonish logo.

She took Torien's hand and used the napkin--wrapper? Honestly, she wasn't sure--to wipe the dollop of condiment away. Chirping, pleased with herself, she looked up at him and squeezed his fingers lightly in hers. "Better?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal