SPACE STATIONS > The Cancer

Shots fired [Incandesa]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Incandesa:
Natasha did not appreciate being manhandled by Mr. Trigger Happy, but if it kept her alive, she wasn’t going to complain about it just yet. So she continued to let him push her to where she needed to be. ”I may have upset an important person,” she replied, slightly out of breath. ”Though, if you have to know, it was completely justified.” It was vague, but true. She would do it again in a heartbeat. The problem after that, of course, was staying alive. Her father’s purse was deep and the strings were long. Natasha would need more than what she currently had to avoid his assassins.

”Do you normally make it a habit of rescuing damsels chased by gunmen? This hardly seems to be your first foray. They were near the ship docks now, but she was unsure which ship to board.

Marjorie:
"Heh," Raf grinned, as he turned, shooting over his shoulder as he kept urging high heels forward, and then around another bend. "Pissing off powerful people," note he didn't say important, because to him, most of them weren't, "is kind of a specialty of mine. Maybe we're meant to be." He winked at her as they came up on an air lock.

"That's Liss' Tit there," he jerked his chin at the door to his ship, "if you want a ride off this heap of junk," he slid into the bulkhead and started keying in a code, "then you're welcome to join me - otherwise, you're welcome to take your chances with them." He fired a couple more shots, and ducked into the ship as the door opened and they took return fire.

Incandesa:
Given the circumstances, Natasha was not exactly in the position to be picky. Quickly, she ducked into the decrepit ship, but not before a stray bullet grazed her thigh. She hissed in pain. It wasn’t her worst injury by far, but it certainly stung. Carefully, she used the wall to limp her way deeper into the ship before finding a chair to sit in. She frowned when she saw the blood stain on the skirt.The fabric was a dark purple, so the stain didn’t stand out too much, but she knew from experience that blood did not particularly wash out easily.

Still, now was not the time to focus on that. The doctor pulled the skirt up to her thigh to examine the wound. Thankfully, it’s wasn’t deep enough to need stitches. Carefully, she opened her medical bag and pulled out gauze, a bandage, antibiotics, etc. It was difficult to properly treat it since she was only using her real hand. She wasn’t adept enough at using the new (crude) metal hand for her properly use it. It just wasn’t sensitive enough. Half the time she couldn’t even feel it. Natasha suspected it was a cheaper old model along with her eye, leagues behind current basic models. Still, it wasn’t like she would be able to afford something decent and less disgusting looking any time soon.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she studied her white knight. He was gruff and crude, but fairly good looking (objectively speaking of course). It was too bad what the fire had done to her own features. Once upon a time, she could have easily caught the attention of a man like him. Several, in fact. But now...no, it was time to focus on what was at hand. ”Would you please fetch me some clean water and a rag?,” she asked. ”I would rather this did not become infected.”

Marjorie:
"Welcome back, Raf," the ship's computer said as he shut the airlock behind his pretty passenger. "Liss, light a fire under your ass, and start start up the engines." The ship sprung to life, running its self threw the startup protocol as Raf disengaged the docking clamp.

"You're not bleeding too badly, are you high heels?" He asked, not stopping to look at her, as he moved further down the main gangway of the ship to the cockpit. Off to the right were two ladders that headed down to two bunk rooms. Both were large enough to room too, though one had been turned into Raf's Captain's cabin, the other was set up to bunk 2, though if she looked, likely hadn't bunked anyone for a while. On the left was another pair of ladders that lead down, one lead to the little kitchenette and lounge, and the other to the engine room. That made up the whole of the ship. On either side of the gangplank along the walls and ceiling were access panels and storage lockers.

As Raf slipped into the pilot's seat, he flipped some switches, and then put his hands on the flight controls, pulling them quickly away from The Cancer. "Liss, dial up jump coordinates for the Libra, and jump as soon as the drive is ready." He locked in the auto pilot then. It didn't seem like they were being followed off the station so far.

"Hey, high heels," Raf said, getting up out of his seat, and heading back down the gangway toward where he'd left Natasha. "You doing ok, back there?"

Incandesa:
”Depends on what you would consider ‘ok’ I suppose. There is certainly more blood than I would prefer, but I am hardly dying,” she said. Her voice was strained by calm as she applied the antibiotic. It stung, but at least the doctor knew it was working. A bit of sweat dotted her brow. She applied the gauze and bandage before carefully standing up. ”Do you have somewhere I could possibly change my attire?” she asked. She would rather not have to sit around in bloody fabric.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version