SPACE STATIONS > The Cancer

Shots fired [Incandesa]

(1/4) > >>

Marjorie:
Raf was half way threw a bottle, and wondering his way threw the 'back allies' of The Cancer toward Liss's Tit... his affectionately named ship when a woman in heels and a finly tailored suit - actually she was kind of hot even with the robotic eye - ran past him to the clack of heels on steel. Then there was gunfire pinging off the bulkhead around him.

"Fuck," Raf hit the deck before he even realized that it was actually gunfire. By the time he landed face down on cold steel he had a gun in each hand, and was looking around for the source of the previous gunfire. He didn't have to look hard, they were moving his way, fast. Four of them, chasing down one pretty lady looked like she shouldn't be in this part of town. He rolled across the narrow bulkhead shooting at her assailant's knees until he hit the far bulkhead, where he pulled himself up quickly in a crouch. The guy in front was dead (must have hit his femoral artery), the guy behind him wounded (and crumpled to the ground clutching a shattered leg), and the other two were shooting, at him now, as they jumped over the former. That was his cue to get lost.

Raf sprung to his feet, shooting blindly over his shoulder with his right hand as he ran after the pretty lady with a missing eye.

Incandesa:
In her blind panic, Natasha dashed into a side street as her father’s assassins chased her. With only her medical equipment, a basic arm prosthetic, and a somewhat defective cybernetic eye that she may or may not have obtained illegally, she was no match for her assailants. Her heart pounded furiously as she slipped into a dark corner. Saving people was her line of work, not needing to be saved. Silently, she prayed to whatever god would listen to get her out of this mess without violating her Hippocratic Oath.

When she heard footsteps coming towards her hiding space, she reached into her bag, pulled out a scalpel, and held it in front of her. She was shaking, the posture of a frightened creature- backed far into a corner and baring feeble fangs. The nervous Doctor Vereta did her best to calm her voice into the elegant and confident tone she normally carried. “Take one more step and I assure you, you will be dead within the hour. I know exactly where to cut to kill a man.” She came off as steely and cold, though she doubted she would ever had the heart to take a life, even for her own protection.

Marjorie:
"Easy high heels," Raf said with humor in his voice, "if you manage to get close to me with that, I'll deserve to die. Besides, in case you didn't notice, I'm the reason there's only two after you now instead of four."

Another shot fired.

Raf hit the deck, turning as he did so, and pulled the trigger four times by the time he landed on his shoulder. Two more dead.

"I'm pretty sure one of them back there is not quite dead, high heels," Raf said, turning his head to look at her, "you gonna make me hurt you?" he glanced around her cover at the little scalpel, "or you gonna let me finish saving you proper?"

Incandesa:
A bullet whizzed over her head and hit the wall behind her. Out of instinct, Natasha flinched and held the scalpel closer to her chest, defensively. It took a lot of effort to continue to keep her voice in a calm manner. The mask was the only thing keeping her from breaking down at this point.

“Just so that we are perfectly clear that while your concern is appreciated, I did not ask for your help, and I do not owe you anything for this,” she said. After the past few weeks, she was not about to let some stranger start demanding ‘favors’ because of one time he saved her life. Quickly, she slipped off her shoes and held them in her other hand as she backed deeper into the alley. ”If a trigger-happy fellow such as you decides to get involved in my business, then the fault is entirely on youself.”

Marjorie:
He laughed. Wasn't that just fucking ironic. "Don't worry, high heels, I'm more than happy with a simple thank you." As he slipped off her shoes though, he moved quickly closer to her, and grabbed her by the arm.

"Move of die," Raf said, as he pulled her along deeper down the alley, faster than she'd been moving already, "it's the first thing they teach you about combat." He was pulling her toward his ship, and pushed her in front of him, wither she liked it or not, and once there she could decide if she wanted to stay behind with the shooters or jump off this heap of space junk with him.

As they passed threw a intersection the sound of more rushed footsteps converged on them from two different directions. He reloaded one of his guns then the other. "What'd a girl like you do to get so popular with the fellas?" he asked shooting past her on her right as more shots rang out and ricochet off the hull around them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version