Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Crippled. What now?  (Read 1752 times)

Anonymous

Crippled. What now?
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »
No, not literally crippled. We're not that poor Candidate that Roman had his way with.

How many of you guys can actually function, right now? I got through Axis Point, but only just.

Head count. How many of us are still here? The least we can do now is figure out how many of us might have gotten caught.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Crippled. What now?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:39:53 pm »
Still here, barely. that was almost as bad as the last time when Lyre first went missing. Ugh.

Good news: I don;t think anyone's been caught. if they had, we would have heard about it by now.

- Indigo
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:42:29 pm »
True. The Seekers would be all too pleased to throw that information out into the open.

But then again, we can't be too sure. Last thing we need is to go into a false sense of security while they root us all out, one by one.

...We'd still better check on any new TRIM members, just in case. Heard of any Pilots being thrown out, as of late?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:51:48 pm »
can't say that I have. my assumption is that they'd place them in holding for a while first. They probably won't let any information leak out until everyone has gotten through the Axis Point so as not to scare any potential Gospels who might try and do something drastic out of panic.

Just lay low for now. don't go digging around for information until it's over—assuming they don't boast about their conquests should any of us be caught. I'd think they'd want to make an example of any Gospels they get their hands on.

- Indigo

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:00:43 pm »
Good point, Indigo. Still hoping to see more than us around, though.

Heard from Prophet, lately? That's the main link in the chain that we need to preserve, at all costs. Lose Prophet, lose us- we'd be dragon food in less than a week.

God. Wtf.

Fine, no digging. Sounds good to me....not much in the mood for it, anyway.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:46:08 pm »
Here's one Gospel, still alive and well.

I'm worried about Prophet. And not in the sense that we've lost a member, but that his or her relative power is a liability we cannot sustain. The recent Axis Point interrogation bothers me in particular. I sure as hell haven't handed over my identity, but if Prophet is to be believed, most of us were reached via direct contact in the physical world. That's bad news if our leader falls victim to the interrogation, and even worse if our identities are handed over willingly.

Basically, if Prophet is broken or defects, we're human lunchboxes. He/she knows who most of us are, and we can't afford to have someone like that. We need a different system before we begin recruiting again; whether it's cell-based grouping or full anonymity through the subnet. We have to be reasonably intelligent about this; nobody should be able to pick us all out of a lineup. I'd hate to see our entire organization wiped out because of one loss.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:08:27 pm »
Plausible, but inevitable. Change our recruiting schemes any way you like, there's always going to be one member that knows another through some means of communication.

Prophet worries me, but there's nothing we can do. And if we stop trusting him/her, that's only going to push him/her slowly away from us- I'd prefer to keep my death close and happy, rather than constantly flirting with nervousness at whether or not we're going to tune him/her out from even the most basic of recruiting schemes.

If Prophet doesn't trust us, and we don't trust him/her, we'd might as well slice ourselves up and lie between a few pieces of bread.

There's nothing we can do. There will always be a weak link through Prophet- otherwise, if a Gospel that no one knows defects, we won't know who it was if Prophet had no say in it. ESPECIALLY if the person who recruited him/her is taken immediately afterward by the traitor.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't, I'm afraid.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 12:54:39 am »
Has anyone considered the possibility that one of us might be a spy? Maybe more than one?

What if 'Prophet' was actually just the dragons, and this whole thing is just trying to root out traitors. Who's to say that Indigo is still indigo, and that he or she hasn't been caught, taken away and replaced by a dragon so that we are none the wiser?

Scary...

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 01:30:09 pm »
They'd never let us stay together for this long, if it was a Dragon. They'd have had our corpses hanging off of the Citadel a long time ago, if they'd even found this subnetwork.

I've got my doubts. Just in case, just stay on your toes. Can't be too careful.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:53:53 pm »
Yeah, well, what if there's a Seeker in our midst? Then what?

Vallewida might do well to note that our recruiting schemes affect who is at risk of discovery in case of a betrayal or successful Axis Point probing. Through psychic interrogation, anyone can be forced to reveal the names of anyone they know. We have to assume that everyone the victim has had direct contact with becomes a liability. Right now, quite a few of us have had direct contact with Prophet outside of the subnetwork.

It's absolutely true that there will always be a member that knows another. What we aim to do is minimize the loss in case of a betrayal. There's no better way to do that than to split the organization into cells. I propose that Prophet stop recruiting directly; that way, we decrease the likelihood of Prophet's discovery in case of a loss. Instead of Prophet, some of the disconnected Gospels recruit new members, so even if Prophet defects or is otherwise lost, we still have members uncompromised and willing to carry on the cause.

Thoughts?

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:25:16 pm »
Some of you get to actually have contact with Prophet?

*smacks*

Bitch!

Now I feel all left out....of...being in danger...ah... >_>

Shuddap.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:53:48 pm »
The concept is basically to keep our eggs in different baskets.

Let's say Keeper recruits a bunch of little tiny Gospel Candidates in person. Keeper doesn't have any direct contact with Prophet, so she's in effect starting her own cell, her own miniature version of the organization. If she or one of her recruits betrays us or is caught, that cell breaks down, but there will never be anyone in that group with a link to Prophet.

Similarly, since nobody knows Keeper's real identity, by switching to this setup we ensure that the Gospels will survive no matter what. If Prophet or one of the ones she recruited defects against the original group of Gospels (the ones who were contacted in the real world), there's still another cell left intact. One basket falls, but the other remains. Presumably, we can split into more than two cells if the need arises.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »
But no matter how many cells we split into, the point is that they can find this subnetwork if they find even one of us. :/

How can we remedy this, if at all?

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:45 pm »
Figure out whether people have been compromised as quickly as possible, then delete their username. That's all we have to do; watch each others' backs in the real world and make sure none of the Pilots disappear to Axis Point for longer than expected. Remember that everyone is known by someone else in the cell model, so if a Gospel disappears, there'll be another who notices and can point it out in the subnetwork. Bulletproof.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:03 pm »
Theoretically? I'm all on board.

Realistically? Do you think the Dragons will wait long enough for US to figure it out? I'm worried that they'll just tear the network coordinates out, figure out where we gather, and annihilate it- all before we receive any information of a caught Gospel.

...Maybe I'm just paranoid. Axis really did a number on my head... I feel almost defenseless, now that it's over. :/

Let's just hope they won't find it worth it to probe us all a second time. I'm not sure how many of us could handle it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 02:36:22 pm »
I think we just need to trust Prophet. She knows what she's doing because we haven't been caught yet and she's been doing it for a long time so I think we all just need to calm down even though I know even *I'm* jumpy after all that. That's all we can do. Besides even if the dragons find our location on the Network they still wouldn;t know our identities. they could shut down this place but that would just mean we'd have to find somewhere else they don't yet know about to gather.

It'll be ok. just sit tight and wait for Prophet.

- Indigo

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:32 am »
I am getting sick of waiting for Prophet. If we lose the subnetwork, we can't exactly post signs in the Citadel calling all Gospels together for an emergency meeting. That's not very realistic at all.

That said, everyone seems to have survived Axis Point, so... go figure.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 04:16:37 pm »
I'd imagine Prphet knows who everyone is.

If we lose the subnetwork I'm sure she'd make sure we all got regrouped. still, her silence is a little worrisome.

- Indigo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal