SPACE STATIONS > The Cancer

Let Sleeping Gods Lie [Mara!]

<< < (2/2)

Marakai2.0:
Keenah paid absolutely no attention to Dontanion, and so didn't see whether or not the other man reacted at all to the fact that an expensive piece of his property went flying through the air. No, the Tsumi had eyes only for the kid, paying extremely close attention to how he reacted. And his reaction impressed him, surely - almost automatically, he had swept his arm out and caught the tablet in one seamless, fluid movement.

Keenah only smirked at him in approval and returned his attention to the now-composed Dontanion, though he listened closely to the kid speaking behind him. He'd read about the transporting itself, though he had no clue who or where this Mister Trinity was located. It was probably a good thing this new kid was going to be involved, or so Keenah thought. It remained to be seen, of course, but the Tsumi already what was quickly becoming a good feeling about this job.

The viper took his tea with murmured thanks, taking a small sip of the beverage to test its heat. It could stand to cool just a bit, and so he simply held it in his hands for a moment and listened to the back-and-forth between Dontanion and the kid.

"So wait a minute, what's the big deal about this Trinity guy?" he piped in, arching a brow. The kid didn't seem like any kind of a slouch, so what was he worried about? And Dontanion, Keenah suspected, was probably far more than he seemed, so what was he worried about?

"And furthermore, who's we? Is there a third party I haven't been made aware of? Split two ways is one thing, but three ways might be a bit slim for me. There's a reason why I usually work alone." He took another sip of his tea, longer this time, his gaze flicking back and forth between Dontanion and the kid, one thin white brow lifted.

Paladienne:
Both Dontanion and Kyrian looked at each other before they looked at Keenah, one faintly amused at the admission and the other uncertain about it. Dontanion really didn’t give a damn if Keenah knew about Trinity or not. If the Tsumi posed a problem, well... Trinity would just make that problem disappear. Kyrian knew enough not to ask questions and to just drop off the goods and leave, collecting his pay from Dontanion.

Finally, Dontanion said, “Trinity is the guy who’s paying for this. If you want to get the whole thing, then you do things right. Otherwise, he’s going to make sure to pinch every penny he can just to avoid paying you.”

Kyrian nodded. “He’s docked things from my bill because something shifted in transit. How he could tell, I don’t know. He just did.”

The truth was, though, neither Dontanion nor Kyrian really knew more about Trinity beyond the business side of things. And for both of them, that was just fine. So long as Dontanion got paid and so long as Kyrian got paid, and so long as Trinity kept giving them work, they were content to let things continue going unanswered. Whatever questions they might’ve had they ignored in the face of surviving. The one glimpse Kyrian had gotten of the reclusive man had filled him with such trepidation and dread that he had made his delivery and gotten out of there as fast as he possibly could, just to avoid catching the ire of the man. He hadn’t honestly believed Trinity would have made him disappear - so long as he stayed in the hangar and near his ship and didn’t go wandering. Since Kyrian only did deliveries for the man, that unspoken rule was one he could follow easily.

Dontanion had gotten the story out of Kyrian when he’d come back from that first trip, and had simply told the kid not to do anything that would end up getting him killed. Since Kyrian had pretty good instincts about staying alive, he’d heeded that advice. He wasn’t sure about Keenah. Hopefully the mercenary had the same healthy instincts as Kyrian when it came to stay alive. As for the Tsumi’s other question...

Dontanion looked at Kyrian and smiled, showing teeth. “How much does she hate me?”

Kyrian glanced at Dontanion. “She hates you a little less since you ensured her docking privileges came with a few perks. But she still hates you.” Finally looking at Keenah, Kyrian said, “The pay is going to be split two ways. Me and you. The we is my ship. She’s sentient. Has opinions about everything. But if she didn’t agree, we wouldn’t be going anywhere.”

“So that’s how it is,” Dontanion said to Keenah. “Do you want to sign or do you want to walk?”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version