Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Care For Some Screaming With Your Pain?  (Read 3620 times)

Anonymous

Care For Some Screaming With Your Pain?
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:49:33 pm »
From windows and down the hallway of the brightly lit near sterile area, it would appear as if the near luminescent creature was floating. As it got closer, it was rather obvious that she was floating. Mae, a TRIM scientist, known for her skill with a scalpel as well as her extraordinarily advanced telekinesis and telepathy. That was how she was gliding, telekinesis. Of course she was over doing it, her arms were out and she was making flying motions, slight as they were, they were there none the less.

Mae looked like a girl, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course, for anyone who worked there, would know that this place was perfect for her. Having not attachment to the humans, the poor short lived creatures, Mae had no troubles poking at brains and taking pieces out. Not one to play with anesthetic Mae liked to block pain from their minds, as a treat while she did her thing. If they were bad little subjects, she'd make them feel it every now any then, just enough for them to get the picture that ' Hey, seeing my own intestines isn't as bad as having to feel them poking around in 'em.'

A faint smile was on her bright doll lips, an obvious sign of having a nice day. It began like a normal day, morbid and with lots of screaming. Some of these people plain refused to consider themselves as Lab Rats, which is what they were now. Cast off from great cities, unruly mages, bad psychics, maybe even good psychics. But they were Lab Rats, just the same. Walking now, her slippered feet making soft patting noises on the ground, arms swishing back and forth.

She was getting a new patient today.

If she could look anymore unprofessional, besides the pasteled coloured dress and looking so young, Mae would probably have jumped up and down and clapped her hands in glee. Once they found out what she was, and how old she was, many people were disturbed that how she looked was how she acted. Didn't take away the fact she was brilliant with many of her experiments, having found quite a few vaccines for disastrous diseases. Then again, on that planet, Earth that is, there was always a nasty disease or two popping up.

Mae shook her head sadly, her perfect black hair swaying with the motion. Everything about Mae was well... Creepy. Large blue white eyes, short black hair, always the same, always perfect, pale white skin, and large rosy red lips. Almost like a living doll with a sadistic morbid streak.

Doing a prancing twirl down the hallway, Mae smiled at the guards, who stood at attention and looked at her nervously. As well they should, while Mae hardly fed, when she did it was messy and there was no charm or glamour in her pretending it didn't happen. Smiling again, a white toothed long fanged smile, and Mae all but pranced, loudly, towards the station where her newest subject would be taken.

Oh, it was so exciting!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Care For Some Screaming With Your Pain? (( Choco / Open! ))
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »
Tetra wandered slowly and rather circuitously into Wing Alpha, nearly walking into a few walls on his way in, and clutching a vial as though it were his life-support system. Though he normally had a haggard appearance, this was especially true today, as he had just emerged from the medical center wherein he had recently put in one of his famous sixty-hour workdays. The vial held the sum total of his three days' work.

He had been slowly picking apart and piecing together the DNA of a certain psychic in the opposite wing for a few months now, and was ready to test a virus he had created which would, in theory, give the infected person telekinetic powers. Of course, this was not the first such virus he had created during his employment at TRIM; there had been several others, all miserable failures unless you counted the one which provided quick, effective, and excruciatingly painful sterilization. Yes, that had been one of Tetra's more productive experiments, not only making future test subjects more docile, but also effectively making the entire genetics branch fear him.

He looked up from his zombielike trudge and saw Mae, obviously having too much fun. It took him a few seconds to register her name, or that she even worked in TRIM at all. "Miss Imajica," he mumbled, "my latest virus is ready for testing. Do we have any subjects who have been unmolested lately?" He paused and ran a shaky hand through his hair. "Also, what's the good news?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:37 pm »
From the single window of the dimly lit, filthy storage container, it would appear as if the pale, thin man was bound and gagged. If you came closer, it was rather obvious he was bound and gagged. Hendrik, a guy, not really known anywhere except as a minor criminal on Edanith. That was why he was now bound and gagged, because he was a runaway mage. More specifically he was here because he was dying. Of course he was overdoing it a bit, he was kneeling with his head hung in defeat, slight as it were, it was there none the less.

He could have avoided capture. He’d been avoiding bounty hunters for months. Not that he was worth very much or anything, just a minor price placed on his head by Edanith, since he was discovered as a mage and a traitor.

He was even pretty sure he could get out, even now with a bit of luck.

Oh well, he was in this plan for the long haul. Not like he had much to lose.

A metal clang signalled the door being unlocked, and the following burst of light effectively blinded him. He was hauled to his feet and pulled out of the container.

Two guards flanked him, one holding each of his arms. Their black armour made them impossible to tell apart. Down identical white corridor after identical white corridor they went, occasionally passing a researcher or even a subject being similarly moved.

At one door they stopped, rather suddenly, and entered a small room with a table. Well, not a table really, one of those bed tables’ doctors had. The guards let him go, cut the plastic ties that held his hands behind his back and removed the gag, then promptly left, all without saying a word. The door slid shut behind them. If they left him, that meant this room was probably not easy to get out of. Like any idiot would try to escape without a proper plan anyway.

He was surprised they hadn’t taken his clothes actually, he’d been expecting a hospital gown like what the other subject he saw was wearing. So he sat on the table in his grown pants and white shirt, buttoned up to his chin, and brown boots that didn’t really match the rest. He hadn’t brought anything with him of course, it’d likely just get incinerated anyway or something.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:48:16 am »
Pink slippers scuffed at the ground, she had been so intent on watching out for her newest subject that she didn't hear the man walk up behind her. Of course she was more than delighted to see him once he spoke. Turning around, in a very 'fwooshy' fashion, she clasped her gloved hands in front of her and grinned up at him, her fangs flashing dangerously. "Aww, Tetra, you look horrible. You really should sleep more." Her voice was a low almost pouting noise, her lower lip stuck out. Then she was bright and happy again when she heard footsteps.

Ah! There he was!

Bouncing happily, the frills of her dress making annoying swishing noises, then she turned around and smiled up at Tetra again. "Unmolested? Why, that sounds... Down right kinky." But oh so perfect. Their poor... Molested brains. Mae coughed a giggle and floated towards the guards, grabbing hold of Tetras coat to drag him along with her. Him and his long legs could surely keep up with her and her floating. A habit of hers, three hundred years of walking and she was just sick of it. Floating all the way, baby.

Mae smiled at the guards and they quickly scuttled away. "The good news, Dear Tetra, is that I get a new subject today! His name is Hendrik, he's..." Mae tilted her head, mouth slightly open showing off the pointed canines. "Twenty eight, a mage and - "Mae let out a delighted squeal," He imprints!" She grabbed hold of Tetras hands and bounced up and down happily. "Do you know what that means? Tests! Lots and lots of tests!"

Grinning like a madwoman, which was very close to what she was, Mae pushed the door open and glided in. Flashy and showy to the extreme, grinning at him. Just smiling for a while, her wide white blue eyes on his own. Then she puffed her hair and went about the room, looking for something. Hendrik, as she knew his name because she cracked open his mind like an egg and read everything in it, would feel unable to move. Maes telekinetic powers holding him there of course. With a sigh, she gave up and walked back to the tall man at the door.

Looking up at Tetra she sighed and then looked at Hendrik again, of course he face broke out into another creepy smile.

"Welcome to the Thanatos Research Institute of Metaphysics." A polite curtsy, "I will be your... Doctor for the duration of your stay here. Of course, it's up to you how long you stay, of course you'll never be set free," Mae paused to chuckle lightly, a gloved hand in front of her red lips, "But, if you're a good boy we, I, won't have to kill you."

Taking light steps around in a mishappen pattern, she stopped about a foot away from Hendrik, the pressure still on him, making him unable to move. "We will preform tests on you, but don't worry," Mae paused to take her head, "I'm a psychic, so you won't feel anything if you're a good boy."

Taking an unneeded breath, being undead, she smiled again. "I am Mae Sophia Miranda Imajica. You may call me Mae, Miss. Imajica, Dr.Imajica, or simply Dr.I. Which ever you can scream the easiest." Grinning again, the white teeth flashing, "And this is my co-worker. Tetra Zarovia. I don't know how he wants to be addressed, so you'll have to ask him."

Flouncing to the other side of Hendrik, who was still seated on the doctor table. "Now, we can start right away, or you can get settled into your quarters. I think Tetra could use a little sleep before testing out his newest virus." A glittering smile, one that was far to innocent and sweet to possibly come from someone like her. "If you try to get away, I will break all the bones in your feet and let them heal slowly, am I understood?" Mae removed the telekinetic barrier on his body, only now keeping him firmly in his spot on the table.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:28:18 am »
Tetra grinned weakly, pointed teeth making him seem more alert than he was, after being dragged around and nearly falling on his face at least three times, but never, heaven forbid, losing his grip on that vial... even when Mae insisted on holding his hands. He spoke first to Hendrik, as that was whom he was facing. "Tetra is fine... Dr. Zarovia... whatever." He blinked a few times and shook his head, trying to scrape the last bit of wakefulness together. "You could be more informal, I guess, considering I'm the less dangerous of the two of us."

He held up the vial, which was sealed, labeled, and full of a pale yellow-gray liquid, casting a fond glance at it. "Now, this, if my calculations are correct, which tends to not be the case lately, should be at work within ten minutes of injection into your bloodstream, giving you telekinesis. Now, that doesn't sound so bad, does it?" He paused for Hendrik's reaction. "The benefits... for the world at large, anyway... far outweigh the side effects, meaning itching, inflammation, dizziness, double vision, fainting, and unbelievable headaches for the next few days. However..."

Tetra snickered a bit, looking over at Mae. This was her favorite part, after all! "However, if my calculations are wrong, I'll know right away. However, I will be powerless to stop the virus in its course, and it will wind up implanting some other gene in your DNA, which could be a blessing, or it could make living very difficult. It probably won't kill you, though... I've been working here too long for my mistakes to be fatal."

The vial found its way into Tetra's closed fist again, and he turned so he was facing Mae (A rather militaristic habit, but polite). "This certainly is good news. If you need me, I'll be in my room. That is to say, not my office. Sleeping like the dead. I'd advise you to let your new toy do the same, so he remains a suitable subject for testing... though I don't really care. Do what you will, so long as it keeps him alive." He stepped back from the door. "Good day to you, and... oh, yes." He turned his head to Hendrik and lowered the black membrane over his eyes. "Welcome to TRIM."

He snickered quietly as he walked off toward the medical center, posture worse than usual. Yes, definitely good news. Hopefully this gene is the right one. He stopped at the door to the main part of TRIM. Hopefully it isn't, he thought in spite of himself. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I actually discovered the gene sequence for telekinesis. Probably sleep more often...

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:58:58 pm »
The first sign that anyone was coming was the talking, a squealing, giddy sounding voice, and an odd swishing.

Hendrik certainly didn’t expect TRIM to be quite as tame as Edanith, but a floating little girl and a tall man was completely unexpected. What was this, bring your daughter to work day?

He went to scratch his nose and found himself unable to move. He could still breathe, still blink, still move his eyes. It wasn’t paralysis then, perhaps more like a force field around him preventing movement. Either way, one of them was projecting it. Was projecting the word? It certainly wasn’t summoned or cast. There was no incantation or obvious physical action, which left two possibilities. Either there was a very capable mage among those two, or a psychic.

The little girl was doing all the talking, which was just plain weird, but he fixes his eyes on her nonetheless. Best to play it passive. Just do what they say.

She was….unnerving, this Mae Sophia Miranda Imajica. Whatever he could scream the easiest? Right. And she was apparently psychic, so his guess was right.

He noticed her teeth, in that quick smile. Something was…wrong with them. It was hard to place.

Feeling his jaw release he smiled at her. “Completely, Dr. Imajica.,” he nodded to Tetra, “Dr. Zarovia.”

The liquid, the virus, was curious. That’s what they did her, he supposed, played with powers. He almost laughed though when Tetra told him the desired effect. He technically already had something similar to telekinesis, well, a magical equivalent to it. He wasn’t exactly sure of the difference between being able to move far away objects and such magically and psychically. He couldn’t really use his own telekinesis anyway, he hadn’t figured out its trigger yet.

Blinking as Tetra left, he looked back at Mae quizzically. This was…well interesting. He was dying anyway, he was likely to die here one way or another, so it’s not like he feared them really. That was, perhaps, a mistake.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:08:04 am »
Oh, what fun.

A delighted giggle left her plush red lips and she smiled again. Aw, take your child to work day? Mae would love that, looking at all of the children, some would be - physically of course - the same age as her. But of course she'd still be the cutest, Mae would have a fit the day someone found something as cute and adorable, yet just as unnerving as her. She wouldn't be one of a kind then. There would be no point to living.

Leering at him, walking in a semi-circle around him, Mae squinted and looked up at his eyes. Then she took a step back and smiled up at Tetra while he spoke, blinking her big white-blue eyes. Oooh, she loved it when he did that. The urge to dissect his head to see just where those extra eyelids came from, and their purpose, almost made her pounce on his back and ask him sweetly if he'd mind. But of course he would, so Mae smiled again and walked over to him, patting him on the arm and tilted her head. "I'll get you when I start the testing, Tetra."

Of course she meant pound dents into his door and yelling his name. Maybe a few mental nudges. A draw back of her vampirism - She wasn't allowed to enter places without permission. It made entering TRIM a problem, luckily though, she'd only ever had to e-mail Zachary once, since he technically owned the place. Mae got in, and hasn't left since. Problem solved.

Besides, it wasn't as if she had a family. Pfft. Family.

Waving down the hallway to Tetras retreating back, Mae smiled up at Hendrik, took away the telekinetic force holding him down and took his hand. Her hand tiny in his, her near white skin almost shiny. It would be smooth like marble and as cold as stones in the arctic.

"Come along, Hendrik. We won't do any tests, it's actually night-time, I believe, so you should be sleeping like a good boy." A quick nod, making her black hair bounce on her shoulders and she proceeded to drag Hendrik out of the room and down the hall way. No handcuffs, no force feilds, just her hand on his in a vice like grip.

"Now, I'll have you know that I know what you're thinking." Mae looked up over her shoulder and flashed a fanged smile. "Once you guess what I am, you're welcome to make donations before we use you." The guards made donations. The only thing that kept her alive, Mae didn't need to feed constantly, once in a while when she started to feel weak. There was more than one morbid Guard who offered their neck to her which she took without question. Beggars couldn't be choosers.

Mae stopped and grabbed both of his hands, swinging them side to side while looking him up and down. "Of course, we'll have to get you up to standards first. You're too... Thin." Her lips curled up in a hint of a snarl, looking him over. Letting go of one hand she reached over and lifted up his shirt to look at his chest. Bah. "Far too thin."

A little hop and she was turned around again, dragging him along to the hall where they kept the subjects. Giving him a bone chilling look, she pressed a button and with a near silent whoosh, a door opened. Giving him a mental tether, something that would keep him close by, Mae proceeded to get a loose looking pale uniform. Made for comfort. Something the subjects needed after being cut open and stitched up.

Then she was off again, near skipping. Humming an off key tune, she turned down another hall and stopped at a door. A little window was to the side of it, letting people see in. Most people. It was about half a foot too high for Mae to see into it. Pressing a button, the door opened and placed the uniform on a bed inside the room. Stepped aside she held her arms to the side pointing to inside the door and smiled at him.

"Welcome to your new home, Hendrik."

Now would be a good time to have those cool double eyelids. Damn.

"I'll get you in seven hours, the lights will go off withing half an hour of the door closing."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 12:50:27 am »
He felt the tethers binding him disappear, letting him shift around to get the blood flowing again. She took his hand, or he took hers, his hand almost completely covered hers after all. It was cold, too cold. No human could be that cold. Maybe she was some sort of robot then, something experimental perhaps. A psychic android sounded like exactly the sort of thing Thanatos would invest in. That would certainly explain the strength too. Her grip was powerful, if still delicate.

So it was night, which was good to know actually. A week or so in transit had thrown off his sense of time. TRIM probably operated on its own standard time too, like the other major space stations. His musing was interrupted by a sudden yank on his arm, dragging him off the table and onto his feet. She certainly was strong.

He’d already guessed that she could hear his thoughts, but her comment about guessing what she was came out of the blue. If she knew what he was thinking that indicated he was wrong about the robot thing. And what did she mean “donations”? Those teeth should mean something…

They stopped and she took his other hand. He felt stupid standing there swinging his arms with this little girl who was obviously the dominant one here. She was right, he was too thin. Very thin.

Hendrik recoiled slightly when she lifted his shirt, his stomach tucking in, becoming more concave than it already was. He had to learn to control that, to embrace total apathy. That was how he was going to survive, do as he was told, act like he didn’t care.

It was going to be difficult to keep himself in check on not just spank the little bitc…

He cut off that train of thought when she suddenly glared at him. Right, telepath. Must remember that.

She moved away, carrying some clothing or something, and he soon felt a strange pull, compelling him to follow. He trotted along behind like a good puppy.

He looked into the windows of the rooms they passed. Each one had one or two subjects, most of them looking dejected, a few pacing or gibbering madly.

They reached the first empty room. He walked in as instructed; taking note of the double bunk beds, wash stand and toilet. Quite the comfortable little prison then.

“Thank you,” he called back to her as the door slid shut.

Seven hours it was then, best get some sleep. He started to undress, to change into the uniform she’d left for him, then realised there was a window looking into the corridor. No, it didn’t matter. He steeled himself and changed quickly. He’d given up modesty when he’d made the choice to do this.

He lay down on the bed and waited for the lights to go off. When they did the window darkened too, leaving him in almost total blackness. A half hour later, just as he was almost asleep he shot up, hitting his head painfully on the bunk above him.

Rubbing his head he said to himself, “Vampire, of course!”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 01:45:12 am »
((OOC: Incen! We're not skipping you, I swear! We'll wait for you once Mae goes and pounds on her favourit persons door. :3))

Seven hours to do nothing.

Mae twirled and skipped back down the hall way to her office. A evil smile blooming on her face when she felt, more than heard Hendriks mental light go off. Hmm, faster than most people. More than half of them figured her to be a flesh golem, made up of well put together parts of little girls. Someone thought she was some weird ghost thing. Someone even thought she was some perverted old man in a girls body. Ewww. Old men. Mae shivered and sat behind her desk, papers and doo-dads littered it.

One was as old as she was, well, almost. It was a paperweight. A hand print painted pink with 'MAE' written at the bottom. A very obvious hand-print from when she was about five. Kicking her legs out form under her, Mae cleaned her desk. Normally she'd have attempted to 'sleep'. To Mae, sleep was laying down somewhere - Usually her desk with a fluffy blanket - and close her eyes. Remember things. Happy things.

Things before she was an obvious sociopath that enjoyed cutting people up and looking through intestines while the person could still blink and think. Maes eyebrow tweaked up at that specific idea and she resumed putting files away into cabinets and putting papers in their right piles.

She was far too old fashion to store information in a computer. Which was usually off and resting on the right hand side of her desk, the keyboard was probably in a cabinet, and Mae wouldn't have been surprised if she accidentally left that clickie rodent in one of her patience. Heh. They'd have a clickie rodent in 'em.

Clearing her throat, Mae looked around the room. Ah! Sparkling clean!

It had taken all of forty five minutes.

Rolling her eyes, Mae sighed and paced the room, her hands resting at the small of her back. Sometimes she hated the fact that she couldn't sleep anymore, made the day so boring. The night. Whatever. Huffing and stamping her pink slippered foot on the ground before sitting down in a heap of pastel coloured skirts, closing her eyes and thought of a brilliant idea.

Another idea for a vaccine.

Oooooh, she was goooooood.

Jumping up, Mae looked at the clock, ready to glare at it for not moving. But it had! a whole six hours. Fifteen minutes before she had to wake her precious Hendrik up! And Tetra. Couldn't forget about Dear Tetra. A bright smile was on her face as she prances through the halls, being careful to prance extra slowly so she wouldn't get there with time to spare. Mae hated waiting.

Screw living forever! Patience was for people who didn't have time to waste.

Seven hours since she'd sent him to bed! Fantastic. (( Just pretend it's sometime in the morning. <.<))

"Heeeendriiiiik, I'm coming iiiii-iiiin" Maes voice was motherly with a singsong touch to it. Many patience cringed and made attempts to hide when she address them like that. It meant she was in a good mood, which meant something bad for her current subject. Which was Hendrik. Mae pressed a button and the door opened, she waited at the door way, her hands behind her back and her bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"I see you've figured out what I am!" She said, absolutely delighted, "Come along and get ready, we have to wake Tetra up from his Dead Sleep and then figure out what to do with you. I have an idea, but I have to check with some co-workers first." A nod and Mae waited for her newest lab rat to get his butt out of bed.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 02:02:24 am »
Hendrik’s sleep was far from peaceful. It was full of strange visions of dolls and biting and eyes everywhere. In one he was being chased down by something he couldn’t see, running through endless white corridors until it finally caught him, caught him and began to feed.

A high pitched voice broke his nightmare, making him flinch. Loosening his grip on his sheets, Hendrik carefully sat up. Didn’t want to bang his head again, after all.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at the doorway. Mae. She looked happy. That was good, right?

“Mmm, came to me last night. I suppose that explains why you aren’t actually coming iiiiii-iiiin right? Vamps can’t enter without permission? Well, you have my permission if that’s what you need.”

He waves his hand dismissively and yawned. Upon discovering his own magic Hendrik had invested a lot of time researching and Vampires had come up as part of that research. Without his computer though, which was safely locked away on the Libra, he could only list a few facts about vampires, most of which weren’t any use at all.

His chin itched. A week without being taken here, he desperately needed to shave. Somehow it was easy to forget when he was working on something, but when his mind wasn’t occupied it bothered him.

Standing up, still in just his loose white shirt and pants, he walked over to her.

“Lead on oh mistress of the night.”

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 02:16:07 am »
((OOC: Incen! An opening for you to rejoin! 8D If you want, you're free to~ If you want Tetra to wake up later/Start a new thread/leave this one,  just post a short post of him... XD not waking up and we'll go on without'cha.))

Eyes brightened and she smiled at him, and took a step into the room.

Then took the same step right out again.

Much better.

Doing a quick spin, her arms stuck out to regain her balance, Mae looked up at Hendrik and leered at him. Damn, that was a secret! She quickly put a finger in front of her lips and made a 'sh' noise. "I'll give you a treat if you don't mention that. Not many people know, and if they did they wouldn't say 'come in! come in' so easily." A tweak to her eyebrow and she smiled again, taking note that he needed a shave. There! A treat already. She'd have to remember to let him do that before she tried out her idea.

"Mistress of the night? But it's morning, Silly." Mae Chastised cheerfully, grabbing his hand and pulling him again, her slippered feet making soft padded noises on the tile floor. "I hope you took care of any... " Mae stuck her tongue out to the side and looked up and around, thinking of the right word. "...Human... Deeds." Not one to say anything specific, Mae hoped her lovely new friend understood what she meant. Oh well, too bad for him if he didn't.

"We're going to go wake Tetra up now!" She said cheerfully, all but dragging Hendrik behind her to the other Doctors room. Not his office, the room he'd be sleeping in, like a log. Though she didn't need his help, Mae loved having company and someone to bounce ideas off of when they were pondering over what to do with a new pet. Mae, still holding onto Hendrik with one hand, pressed the other to Tetras door.

Closing her big white blue eyes, her mouth slightly open, the over sized fangs poking out making it look rather... Odd.

Her mind brushed over Tetras, the same cheerful voice would peirce his brain like an annoying mosquito. Mae would imagine that anyone would be hated to be woken up like that. "Teeeetraaaaaa, I'm going to start now. If you want to join me you're welcome to wake up and come along. If you're not, grunt, roll over and tell me to go away. I can hear you so, don't worry about opening your door." Mae leaned back, her hand still holding onto Hendriks, not a vice like grip, but it was there enough to tighten before he could slip her leash and get away.

"We'll wait a moment while we wait for Tetra. He's sleepy. A workaholic." Mae shook her head sadly. "He should just ask me to change him." Mae looked up at Hendrik and smiled. "I don't need to sleep!"

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 10:44:32 pm »
((OOC: Not that I had anywhere to go. :] ))

Tetra didn't dream, after long stretches of wakefulness. Rather, he tended to fall onto the nearest bedlike surface and not move for the next several hours. This time was no exception; he had only bothered to remove his shoes before he collapsed into the arms of Morpheus.

Thus, a sense, in such depths of profound nonfeeling, came as quite an unpleasant surprise.

He awoke to Mae, picking away at the edge of his consciousness, and immediately his spine straightened and he sat bolt upright. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, the glass vial still clutched in his right hand. "Ugh," he said rather softly. "I hate it when you do that, Mae," he yelled at the closed door, bleary eyes narrowing in frustration.

Tetra peeled himself off the thin mattress and looked around the sparsely-furnished room for a few seconds. The walls were white and barren, save for a few coat hooks near the door, and the more Tetra thought about it, the more he likened it to one of the holding cells for the test subjects. There was a short table upon which sat a comb; Tetra snatched it up and ran it through his unruly blond hair a few times, out of habit. He set the comb back down and looked toward the door, membranes retracted in hopes that the light would keep him awake. He was worried; he could sense Mae's body heat outside the door, and she was far too still to—

Wait... she doesn't give off body heat. Tetra shook his head, hoping he had not killed off brain cells while working on his latest experiment. Mae, who is that with you? He pulled his shoes on hastily, getting his pants caught in the side zippers.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:55:05 pm »
Mae was doing a very good job of making him feel like a puppy, what with promising treats. That brought on images of himself chasing after biscuits as Mae threw them.

Still, best take every comfort available, so he’d be good and keep quiet.

Once again he was tugged along by a tiny cold hand, which wasn’t holding quite as firmly this time. The message in that was clear enough. If he behaved, she wouldn’t have to be…firm.

“Human deeds?”

What the hell…?

He had no idea what she was on about.

She tugged him along, apparently heading for Tetra’s room. Or office maybe. Time seemed irrelevant, night and day pointless when you were in space like this.

He watched as she put her hand on the door and, he could only assume, began to do something psychic. It gave him a good chance to have a look at those fangs. Leaning in close, he took note of them, looked at their shape and size, tying to see if they were hollow for injecting some sort of toxin or draining blood.

She moved before he could get a good look, making him pull himself upright again. Best not to be caught doing anything she might not approve of. No sleep eh?

“Interesting.” He shivered, her icy hand beginning to sap his own heat. “Uh…Dr. Imajica, if I may, aren’t you cold?”

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 12:14:41 am »
A delighted smile spread across her face when she heard Tetra yell at her. Oh, she loved waking him up. He was always so grumpy. Mae loved it when old people were grumpy. Smiling again and swinging her arm, the one that held onto Hendrik, she waited while Tetra ran about in his room getting ready to test lovely things out on their new pet.

Hmm? Cold?

Blinking for a moment, Mae looked at their hands. Hers white, almost as white as snow with a bit of a pink tinge to it, possibly a pinkish gray tinge. Her lower lip poked out in a bit of a pout and she looked away for a moment before answering Hendriks innocent question. "Cold? No." Swinging their hands again, she looked towards his and frowned, his hand was getting as cold as hers was. Oh well, she'd be letting go of it soon enough. "I'll let go once we're behind a locked door you can't get out of." Hollow eyes looked up towards him and plush lips pulled into a wicked grin, "But by then, a cold hand won't be on the top of your Worry List."

Short black bangs covered her forehead, hiding the tweaked up eyebrow. A slippered foot began to tap on the ground impatiently, and she rolled her eyes. Who else would she be with? Silly Tetra. Knowing that he could hear her, Mae simply spoke through the door, one hand on her hip, the other holding onto Hendriks.

"Tetra, you're so silly. I brought Hendrik with me." A loud sigh, drawn out for the sole purpose of being annoying and she whined, "Hurry uuuup. I want to staaaaart." Mae was all but bouncing in anticipation, of course she'd have to run the idea over with Tetra first, but it was such a brilliant idea! She'd wonder why she'd never thought of it before.

Her loose hand shot out and tapped at the door rhythmically, annoyingly, impatient to get Tetra out of the room. "If you don't come out in thirty seconds I'm leeeeeaaa-ving with the subject and you can't play with him!"

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 09:51:41 am »
Tetra pulled his other shoe on, not thinking to put his vial down and make the job easier, with no discernible response from Mae. However, he could tell she was smiling. She's a perverse woman who enjoys this sort of thing.

He quickly unbuttoned his lab coat and threw it onto the bed (he hadn't spilled anything volatile on it the day before, so it should be alright to leave it there), taking another one off a coat hook. As he buttoned it (from the middle down, then up), he heard Mae explaining who she had brought. He started to wonder why she brought the subject with her to wake him up, but it was really a question beyond answer.

She started tapping at the door. Tetra hated that too, second only to the initial mind invasion. As soon as she finished yelling, he opened the door, coat half-buttoned, unoccupied left hand twitching malevolently, as though he were about to grab Mae's neck and sink those diabolically sharp claw-nails right in... but that wouldn't get me anywhere, now would it? He finished the thought on purpose.

After a healthy glare at his colleague, he started off toward his office, still unhappy.  "I need to pick up some supplies first, unless you wanted me to do this the old-fashioned way. Do you mind a detour, ladies?"

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:50:01 pm »
((OOC: Choco and I are going to switch places so we can move the thread faster 8D so it goes Draco, Choco, Incen. ))

A delighted giggle bubbled over her tongue when she looked at the door. "Noooooo, Tetra, digging your claws into my neck won't do anything." She rolled her eyes in a good mood at least, a threat from a coworker was something far different from a threat from a patient. Coworkers were needed to be alive, Subjects were not. Her hand was swinging again and she looked up at Hendrik and made a funny cooing noise. Probably a funny excited burst out unneeded air from her lungs.

While Mae didn't need to breath, old very useful habits die harder than expected.

Taking unneeded breaths, puffing out her chest and blowing it out of puckered lips, she sighed again and looked around, then looked up, way up, at Tetra. Her head nearly completely back because the guy was a foot and a half taller than her. Smiling again she swished her hips around, making her poofy dress brush against Hendriks legs. He smelled, maybe it was a good thing she was giving him that treat.

"Tetra, all I needed for you was to wake up of course! I'm going to go ahead with Hendrik, and you can catch up."She smiled brightly, "Besides! I promised him a treat. He hasn't tried to get away once so, since he's smelly, I'm going to let him have the bathroom for an hour." Smiling again, Mae began to walk towards one room or another, she'd never bothered to remember if these places had actual names. Turning her head she called down the hallway. "No falling asleep again! And come to the room when you finish with whatever it is you need to get! We can prepare and I can tell you about my newest idea!"

Mae flounced, Hendriks hand tight in her own, towards the room in which he was dropped off, a surgery room. It held an eerie feel to it, but off in the back was a bathroom with a shower and everything. Since she was such a nice person, Mae often used the chance of bathing alone as a bribe to get her subjects to go along with whatever she wanted. Obviously she didn't need to, obviously she could just make them lay down and not move, but she always feel like a better person when she used bribery.

"There!" Mae said, pushing the door open to the bathroom, a little soap a little shampoo and a shaving kit."All for you! You have one hour. If you take too long, I'll go in and grab you. You have no change of clothing here, so be sure not to get those ones dirty or I'll punish you myself." Pushing him into the room and closing the door, a lock on the outside, she smiled again and flounced around the room, getting things ready for her little plan. Her psychic ear ever listening to Hendrik should he do something dangerous, like take his own life.

Mae snorted, someone had tried that once. Poor human. All she had to do was lick the wound and it stitched its self right up again.

Moving so she could hoist herself up onto the doctor table, Mae swung her legs back and forth, waiting for Tetra to appear with his things. "Males are so slow." She muttered her complain while rolling her eyes.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 07:38:50 pm »
“I won’t run away, no point is there, really? I mean, it’s not like I have any chance of actually escaping.”

That was true enough, TRIM had a 99.72% success rate when it came to detaining subjects. He knew, he’d looked it up. Exact figures weren’t available to the public, but he estimated that at any given time TRIM housed around 600 subjects, and around 300 guards. Those were not good odds.

It was so strange, standing there swinging his arm with the girl. Actually come to think of it, she was a vampire, there was really no telling how old she was. She could be older than Hendrik, much older. That raised interesting questions about how much mental development required physical growth. Judging by her childlike behaviour and speech patterns, Mae was stuck in a juvenile state, even more immature than she looked. Then again, that might all just be for show.

He quirked an eyebrow at Tetra’s back when he called Hendrik a lady. What was this, primary school? Was everyone in this place immature? Maybe that was the kind of personality that worked at TRIM, people who saw these subjects as nothing but toys.

Her dress was weird. It wasn’t ugly or anything, she just looked overdressed for a scientist. She looked ready to go to some sort of themed dance.

The girl seemed incapable of just walking, she had to always bounce or flounce or skip or twirl or something.

The surgery was sterile and bright, with powerful lights focused on the table in the middle. It gave off the feel of blood, even if it looked completely clean. She pushed him into the bathroom and Hendrik heard the lock click behind him. The thought of Mae dragging him out of the shower was not a pleasant one, so he got to work without delay.

Removing his shirt, to keep it clean, Hendrik lathered shaving gel onto his face and leaned over the basin to shave. Hendrik didn’t have much facial hair, it took him a week to get a three day growth, but it had been a long time since he’d shaved.

Once he finished he washed everything down, cleaning his hair out of the razor and from around the sink. He didn’t really think he’d get in trouble for that, but better safe than sorry.

Stripping of his pants he stepped into the shower. The hot water felt good, especially on his hand, which started returning to its natural colour. He washed himself off with the soap and scrubbed his dirty hair with the little shampoo bottle, then stood under the water for a while to think. She said she had some idea, which probably wasn’t going to be good for him. There was no telling what the idea was of course, so no point fretting over it. He’d find out soon enough anyway.
Hendrik turned off the water and dried himself off. It hadn’t even nearly been an hour, but he wasn’t a girl, there was really only so much he could do in the bathroom. And he certainly wasn’t going to do that with Mae probably watching his every move with her mind.

Yeah I know you’re listening, he thought loudly, if thinking loudly was even possible.

He pulled on his shirt and pants, and then suddenly doubled over as a searing pain shot through his stomach. Falling to his knees he coughed, blood and bile splattering on the tiles. The deterioration caused by imprinting too much magic had been, for several months now, damaging his internal organs. This was the first time he’d coughed up blood though, which was a worry.

He clutched his sides, rocking backwards and forwards and waited for the pain to pass, as it always did.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 08:28:12 pm »
Tetra exhaled and cracked his neck, idly running his fingers through his hair. "Yes, well," he said, mostly to himself, "it's important to make sure your coworkers know how you feel about them, in order to maintain a healthy workplace atmosphere... or something."

He swung open his office door and flicked on a light. Not that I could fall asleep in here, while I had any idea where I was... The office was an incoherent mess. Disused electric burners functioned as tables, holding thick books of tables and information, many of which Tetra had written himself. Vials and beakers sat in stands and on desks in various states of half-emptiness, machinery whirred, lights blinked or flickered, and his computer sat in the corner, still calmly running a search after seven hours. He grinned, thinking that the most hardworking piece of equipment at TRIM might not be the man himself, but his computer. He picked up a syringe and a fresh needle, some cotton balls, and a few bandages... in case I miss the vein once or twice. He thought about picking up a pair of latex gloves, then glanced at his hands and realized what a silly idea that was.

Tetra turned back to the door and turned the light off, looking over his shoulder in case he had forgotten anything. As he looked, the computer finished its work and proudly displayed a window with a scroll-box, as if to demonstrate its capability. He smiled and shut the door, off to confront his arguably-less-productive coworker.

His coat was still mostly unbuttoned when he reached Hendrik's cell and laid his instruments out on a small table. Mae was waiting in the hall, outside the bathroom, and he assumed Hendrik was inside. "Dr. Imajica," he said, voice carrying through the hall as he finihed buttoning his coat, "I believe breakfast is in order, before we start actually doing anything. Not that it matters to you."

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 11:25:38 pm »
((OOC: Incen! X3 Stop riding the waves~! Create some ripples of your own, heehee, you can go ahead with your posts and we'll follow you in ours, liiiike, hmm... have Tetra get his food and interrupt Mae and Hendrik, i couldn't give you much to reply to. Dx sorreh.))

Having dropped down and wandered around, Tetra took longer than she expected. Wandering out into the hall way to wait for him. Took forever. For someone so tall with such very long legs he was so very slow! An over exaggerated roll of her eyes and she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the wall. Took forever!

She brightened up and dragged him into the surgery room. It wasn't entirely a surgery room, but there was an operating table and harsh lights and the smell of cleaner. Seeing where they were, it would technically be little more than a buchering room. After pushing him into the room, Mae tilted her head to the side and shook it, what was Hendrik going on about? Silly boy. "Breakfast?" A thought hit her and a smile bloomed on her face like a flower exposed to sunlight, "Why, yes... Breakfast..." She grinned evilly and quickly flounced away and was gone for all of five minutes out through the door and down the hallway.

Mae had gone to get breakfast from one of her guard pets.

When she came back, Mae looked almost human, the guard would be labeled as sick and have the day off to regain the blood she borrowed. She needed it for her newest idea. Rosy cheeks and plush red lips, pink tinged skin, her tongue was a little more red than normal when she licked her lips but she bounced happily over to Tetra and waved. "You're free to get breakfast, I have something I want to test out, we'll see if that vial of yours still works once I'm... Finished with my te-" Mae paused and looked towards the bathroom door. Oh dear, was that an upset stomach she sensed? Shaking her head, Mae all but pushed Tetra out the door so he could go get his breakfast, "If I'm not in the room, I'm in the bathroom with Hendrik!"

And off she flounced again, her lack of foot steps would obviously be creepy. Using her telekineses, Mae was floating along until she reached the door. "I'm coming in." She said before she unlocked the door, oh, poor dear, he was sick. Mae pouted and stepped over the blood and bile to rub a hand over his back, cooing softly, her skin warm now that she had had... Breakfast. A delighted smirk was on her face when she used her telekineses to clean up the gross mess.

"Now, I'm going to actually give you a choice and let me tell you, this is something none of my subjects get." Her hand moved to the back of his neck to play with the hair there, rubbing it back down his back and then up into his hair her fingers pushing lightly at the scalp, just a dab of her mental mind tricks to make the pain go away... "Now... This is between you and me. You are mine I'm simply sharing with Dr. Zarovia, but I have an idea. It's life changing, more so than being stuck here." Her eyes brightened and she smiled at him before leaning over and tilting her head like a curious puppy.

"You won't be needing breakfast if you agree and if you disagree you'll be subject to greater pain than you can imagine." Like puking a lot. Ew.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 12:02:01 am »
Hendrik didn’t look up when Mae unlocked the door and pranced in. He just stared at the bloody mess and tried not to cough up any more.

Only when she touched his back did he look at her. It startled him for a moment, the fact that her hand was warm. That was interesting, it certainly warranted study. Perhaps one day she could be the lowly subject for him to experiment on.

The thought amused him for a moment, until he was reminded of its likelihood.

The mess flew up into the sink and was gone. Quite useful, those powers of hers, much more useful than his own anyway. Well, his near perfect invisibility came in handy. Wouldn’t work against Mae though, he’d learnt the hard way that psychics could still detect his mind even if their eyes couldn’t see him.

There was an odd mix of the pain in his gut and the soothing sensation of her hand running along his back as she talked about some sort of choice. The pain suddenly ceased.

She confirmed his feeling that he was indeed, hers. Her own little pet subject, though as she’d implied, she had others.

Standing up again he looked down at her. “So I agree or there’s unbelievable pain huh? Wow, what a choice, let me think about it for a minute.” He put a hand to his chin and pretended to ponder it.

“I’m going to have to…lock in A: Agree,” he said with a completely serious look on his face. No point not being light hearted about what would likely be some form of medical torture.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal