Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Knock Knock [Moonie]  (Read 1340 times)

Offline GoblinFae

Knock Knock [Moonie]
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:46:58 pm »
After her complete and utter mental breakdown in front of her mentor, Heather had been shaky and subdued at best. She had made a serious effort to dive into her studies and drown herself in the solitude. Letting it out with Razican had helped and hurt at the same time. She still felt so incredibly raw inside and yet the carousel of emotions had seemed to slow in their nauseating dance. Now she only felt numb and weary. Her heart felt like there was a massive cavern in it that she could stare deeply into without ever seeing the bottom. The edges hurt and yet she was not dying. She was not bleeding emotions left and right but there was a definite sense of missing something. She no longer felt whole, or at least she was now aware that she always had been a bit broken.

The days dragged on and then it was the weekend again. She waited and waited and waited, but her mentor never showed. She felt angry and frustrated and scared. Rashly she sent him fiery message after fiery message as the hours ticked on until finally she felt herself drained entirely of poisonous rage and left only with regret and guilt.

She had tried to pick a fight with her mentor and when he had not responded, she escalated it. Eating in the cafeteria had not helped things either. Garza was busy playing couple with his new squeeze as the annoying pixie played with her food and stole sweets off his plate. It disgusted Heather and left her feeling a growing pit of bile within her stomach. What little food she had gotten was quickly devoured or tossed before she stormed out of the mess hall and back to her lonely quarters.

The room as dark and silent when she returned, exactly how she liked it. Her uniform jacket was callously tossed onto the floor before she threw herself onto her bed, dragging a pillow down to curl around it and scream her frustrations silently into it. She had been a fool when it came to Matt but a complete imbecile when it came to how she had talked to her mentor. Heather felt sick and weak and pathetic for letting her fear and hurt consume her to such a point as to potentially drive away the first person who truly seemed to care for her future and success.

Sitting up, she snatched up her com from her pants pocket and hurriedly began to message Pilot Eleria again. She apologized for letting hunger driver her into being a bitch and begged him not to abandon her. Her fingers hit send before she had a chance to truly stop and think things through though she was far from the right mind to be making such decisions anyway.

The com was tossed to the bed as she once more clutched her pillow close and silently cried into it. Heather rocked back and forth in place, allowing the motion to soothe her as the hurt of her heart once more reared forth and made itself known. The only comfort for her was that the day certainly could not get any worse now that it was dark and over and done with. She could crawl into bed when she was done and just go right to sleep. Tomorrow would be what it would be.

Offline Zero Undead

Re: Knock Knock [Moonie]
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 04:54:15 am »
That magical week of supposed freedom that followed being chosen by a dragon had been almost exactly everything it was cracked up to be. Between the nights of drinking, the shopping, the party, and getting to go on a spider hunt in Solarta with not only his own squad but the Valkyries as well? All that was absolutely freaking awesome. The only smudge on that otherwise perfect week was the end of the hunt that had put a Pilot in the hospital.

It was a shame, because Matt though Razican Eleria was pretty damn cool for such a small bloke. He really, really hoped he was going to be okay. They said he should recover within several weeks, but it had definitely put a damper on everything and the week had ended slightly subdued.

Getting to work in Adstreia with his new squad was ever better than Matt’s wildest dreams, though. All he’d ever wanted since he was a kid was to become a Pilot and join a squad. Before being shipped to the ATC his father had taken him to watch the games every single year. It had been a tradition he’d sorely missed the last five years, but now he would get to be in the games for years and years to come.

Not only that, he’d been surprised by his dad when he first got to Adstreia with a sweet apartment not far from headquarters, but in a swanky high class building. That was not something that Matt had been expecting, but his father had gone all out on the graduation present apparently. Although he knew that the money had come from his mother’s estate, it wasn’t something the fresh Cardinal wanted to think about just yet. For all her faults, Summer Meadows had been his mother, and not only had he inherited her money, but her dragon had chosen him too.

It still was too much to think about, because when he did his eyes would grow hot and his chest tight.

So Matt didn’t think about it. His first weekend off from work and he was already scampering home to Haviah for a visit. He’d caught the first rail after being dismissed, and spent the ride watching the scenery out of the window.

First stop was to check-in with his father, which seemed to amuse the old man greatly, but Matt only spared a very brief visit. He couldn’t let his dad think he was homesick or something. Besides, he was in a hurry to go to the ATC. Funny that he’d spent five years unable to wait to get out and now he couldn’t wait to get back in. Of course there were reasons for that.

Really good reasons!

Like the super enthusiastic greeting he received from Landis. Matt didn’t even know how long he spent in his old room with his old roommate. Hell, that had been less than two weeks ago. Why did it feel like forever?

He left his old room, a little reluctantly, and headed down the halls to seek out more old friends to say hello to while he was there. No doubt most would be mad if he didn’t do that much! There was one person in particular he needed to visit and really had no idea what to expect. It had been the weirdest thing, the way Heather had thrown herself at him the night before he left. Matt had been so sure the bitch queen didn’t like him until she did that.

Now he had no idea what to think.

All he knew was that it had been a pretty amazing time. Unexpectedly great, all things considered. Maybe she put on that cold front for everyone else, but for a couple awesome hours she’d let that frost melt just for him. Matt really couldn’t think of much that was hotter than that. That wasn’t even touching on the fact that Heather was a beautiful girl, and despite her attitude, he really did like her.

That’s why he was really nervous when he knocked lightly on her door, trying to put on one of his best charming smiles.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 01:39:16 pm »
Plans were made to be ruined though. Heather growled quietly to herself at the sound of a knock on her door. Perhaps it was Razican finally deciding to show up and ready to kick her ass to kingdom come for the way she had messaged him. Or even worse maybe it was Candidate Affairs come in his place to handle her despicable behavior.

Squaring her shoulders and throwing on a neutral face, Heather whipped the door open and stood at attention. Her expression quickly changed from deadpan stare to scowl as sparkling emeralds and that stupid carefree smile seemed to think they would woo her panties right back off. With a loud snarl, Heather slammed the door harshly in his face without a word.

Matthew Wright was not supposed to be here. He was not supposed to come back to the ATC and certainly not to come see her of all people. So why the fuck was Pilot Green-Eyes standing, smirking outside her door? He didn't seriously think that their own "mediocre" night meant she was a free screw whenever he felt like a little hot and bothered, did he?

Heather backed away from the door, not even thinking to lock it as she glared daggers meant to kill the man standing behind it. Of all the nights he had to show up it had to be the one where her mentor all but abandoned her too? Was the world so intent on conspiring against her that it would send Matthew-Fuckboy-Wright to be the icing on her crapcake? Apparently it was because a pinch to her forearm revealed this was no dream. She really had just seen the former pretty-boy of the ATC.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 01:32:36 pm »
Getting the door slammed in his face was right up there on his list of expected reactions. One night of atypical behavior didn’t mean Heather was ready to throw herself into his arms every time she saw him. Still, Matt had hoped for a slightly less hostile reception. Ah well, hope for the best and plan for the worst? She looked like she was prepared to take a reaming from someone when she opened the door; he wondered what was up with that.

There was really only one way to find out, so Matt tried the handle and was surprised she hadn’t locked it – not that he couldn’t have opened it with a little help from his dragon. It felt weird to have so much authority over his old friends, weird and disturbing. He squared his shoulders and pushed the door open with a scowl.

“Well hello to you too. Can’t we talk about this?” Matt really, really wanted to talk about what had happened between them. Not knowing where he stood with Heather made him restless and anxious in the worst of ways.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 01:46:31 pm »
The withering glare she gave him was full of fire and brimstone as he opened the door and waltzed right into her room. She crossed her arms over her chest, staring him down hatefully. "What the hell are you doing here, Wright? Oh excuse me, Pilot Wright. Did you run out of pity fucks in the real world and so came back hoping for an easy screw?" She scoffed in disgust as her lip curled in a nasty sneer.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:16:02 am »
Holy. Shit.

What the hell was even with this level of hostility? Had Matt run over her puppy in a past life or something?! Also assuming he was there looking for nothing more than a fuck was insulting and a leap even with his reputation.

“Wow, really? I didn’t come here to sleep with you, damn. Could I not have just come to see you? We kind of left things weird last time we saw each other.” Yeah, going from mostly snarking at each other to fucking had definitely made things weird and confusing for Matt. He didn’t like not knowing where things stood between them. Were they friends? Enemies? Both? The reactions he was getting suggested maybe she still hated his guts. Which kind of sucked.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 08:14:43 am »
"We fucked and you graduated. Hardly weird," she scoffed while shaking her head. Heather rolled her eyes before moving to storm passed him on the way to the bathroom. Any attempts to stop her were dodged before that door slammed in his face again and this time was locked. With a heavy sigh she let her back fall against her door moments before she slid down it to the floor. She could not believe he was here. He had said he would visit his friends, not that she believed him of course but what business was that of hers? Matt was not her friend. So why was he here? What did he care if he saw her or not if he wasn't here for a quick tumble between the sheets or up against a wall.

Heather groaned, burying her face in her hands and digging her nails into her scalp. Of all the days it just had to be today. Of course the boy that tore her apart inside would show up on the day when she was feeling her weakest, her most abandoned and unwanted.

"Why are you really here?" she finally called out through the door, not even sure if he was still there or not. She could hardly blame him if he left. She did just slam not one but two doors in his face. Still though, Heather almost hoped he was there. She felt so alone having heard nothing from her mentor. Even if it was Pilot-Matthew-Fucking-Wright he was better than being alone, right?

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 06:27:09 pm »
How was that not weird?! She didn’t even like him and had practically thrown herself at him that night. Matt didn’t care what she said, that just wasn’t normal. You didn’t just fuck people you hated for no reason. So either Heather didn’t really hate him or there was just something else going on there that he wasn’t quite getting.

Too bad she decided flee to the bathroom and slam that door on him too.  What was it with her and slamming doors in his face? It was an unpleasant pattern. He moved over to the door and put his hands on the frame, staring at the obstacle between him and the most pain-in-the-ass girl he had ever met. Matt didn’t even bother trying the handle this time; he’d heard her lock it. Besides, trying to follow her into her own bathroom was just a creep move.

He waited patiently, listening for sounds from the other side of the door. Matt would have felt like a real dick if he’d made her cry or something. Finally she spoke to him again and he let out a sigh of relief.

“I already told you why I was here. I came to see you. Maybe you don’t think things are weird, but I sure do. I have no idea where I stand with you and I don’t like it. You’re a total bitch to me, then you want to sleep with me, and now I’m getting a pretty cold shoulder again. I didn’t come here for a quick fuck, but I was really kind of hoping that after the last time I saw you things would be, I don’t know, better between us?” Matt loved making friends with as many people as he could, but Heather had always been a combative bitch at his attempts to be friendly.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 08:27:34 am »
Heather huffed and let her head fall back against the bathroom door with a soft thunk. "Why do you fucking care? We both got what we wanted out of the moment, why does it have to be something more than that? You got sex as a birthday present. I got to fulfill a need. You were supposed to leave and not come back. Why do you have to make this harder than it is?

"I'm a bitch," she spat out, her heart clenching as she thought of all the nasty messages she had sent Pilot Eleria. "Everyone knows this. I'm nothing special and it was nothing special." A lie. A lie that hurt far more than it should have. Because it had been made special. Heather's first time had been with Matthew Wright, the ATC prettyboy and damn if he had been good to her. The wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am she had been expecting was not at all what she had received. He had been gentle and considerate. He had made her feel in ways she did not know were possible. Then, in the middle of the night she had upped and left, thinking that would be the last time she would see him at least until she made it to the other side.

But, go figure, here was good old Matt here to fuck that up too.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 08:13:04 pm »
That rage was unbelievable and Matt just let her spit it all out at him. Clearly Heather needed to vent some more, or just needed dumbasses like him to leave her the hell alone, but that wasn’t gonna happen right now. Especially not with her spouting off such complete and utter bullshit. No way could he just walk away with her saying and thinking stuff like that!

“Do you ever get fucking tired of being wrong?” Matt huffed, folding his arms across his chest and leaning against the door stubbornly. “You’re right about the bitch part, you are and yeah, everyone knows it – but the rest? All bullshit.”

Maybe he was going to antagonize her, but fuck if someone didn’t need to. “That night was special, to me. Maybe you thought it was nothing, but I didn’t. And bitch or not, you’re special too.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:55 am »
She scoffed at him calling her wrong. As if! But, then he was calling her out on her lie and her heart felt like it was shattering all over again. It was like standing in that Rec room with Razican all over again and hissing her rage-filled poison out at him. How could Matt call it special? How could he call her special? She was nothing. She was no one. She was just some drug-addled whore's daughter who happened to be a sono, a breed of kinetic that rarely ever made it out of ATC. She was just another statistic waiting to happen.She always had been.

So where the hell did Matthew Wright get off calling her special? Heather banged her head back against the door once, twice, three times before a soft, pained sound cracked up from her throat. Her nails dug moon-shaped rivets into her palms as she fought back more tears and tried pathetically to steady herself.

Swallowing thickly she finally spoke again, her eyes squeezed shut against the burning wetness she found there. "I'm not special unless you mean just another notch in your bedpost. It was just sex, Matt," she murmured, her former venom sounding almost nonexistent even to her own ears. "Don't go looking for things that aren't there."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:51 pm »
"I have never treated you like that." Matt growled angrily and punctuating it with a soft strike of his fist against the door. He had never tried to treat anyone like just a notch on some metaphorical bed post! People deserved better than that, even if they weren't someone he was ever going to see again, and Heather wasn't someone he didn't plan on seeing again.

"You can talk about it being just sex or being nothing all you want, but I don't believe you. I can't believe you, because I refuse to accept that I was the only one that felt something when we were together. You hear me?" Matt didn't know why it mattered so much to him, but it did.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »
Heather flinched violently at the sound and feeling of the door shaking against her back. A soft, pained gasp escaping her lips before she was able to bury her face in her arms and muffle the sound from him. He had no way of knowing how it triggered flashbacks of her drunken father banging on her flimsy door or the street kids having found her newest hiding place and trying to get her to come out and "play."

"Believe what you want, Matthew. Doesn't fucking change the truth just because you want to be a sheep and believe the lie. Piss off!" she spat, tears racing down her cheeks as her voice cracked and shook despite her best efforts to keep it all at bay. How could she though when the former resident pretty boy was playing her heart like a god damn drum and claiming their one night had actually meant something to him. It was Jericho Reeves all over again and god how she hated everyone for that. Quiet sobs rang out in her bathroom as Heather lost her battle to her own pain and just let it all out. It no longer mattered if he could hear her or not. Enough was enough and even the Bitch of ATC could only handle so much before she broke too.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 07:13:21 am »
Oh, oh hell no.

That didn’t even make sense. There wasn’t anything to be a truth or a lie about what he said as far as he could see. Matt had told her that it had meant something to him, and that was his truth. It wasn’t something she could decide was right or wrong because it was how he felt and that wasn’t up to her whether she liked it or not.

Matt made a noise of pure frustration as he listened to her through the door. Why was she crying? He didn’t want to make her cry, and he knew that it was his fault. Maybe didn’t know why he had made her cry since she insisted how meaningless he was to her, but that didn’t make it hurt any less to hear her.

Zenith, unlock this door.

If you insist.

“Heather c’mon, stop being so fucking stubborn.” The light on the lock turned from red to green and Matt hit the button to make it slide open. She was right there, huddled pitifully against where the door had just been. He knew how volatile Heather was, but he didn’t hesitate to move down to the floor next to her, reaching out to attempt to draw her into his arms.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 07:29:01 pm »
It all happened too fast for her to react. Heather was hiccuping and gasping for breath when the door suddenly opened and strong arms were caging her in. For several moments she howled and struggled against them but Matthew was twice as stubborn as she was and refused to let go of her. The scuffle didn't last long as she collapsed against him and continued to cry.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" she stuttered against him between gasping breaths. "I didn't ask for this! It was sex! It was one time! You weren't supposed to care! Just leave me alone. I didn't want you here! I'm nobody; I'm nothing! Go play with your little friends Mister Big Shot and fuck off!"

Despite her words though, heather crumbled. There was only so much venom she could muster even as tears and mucus ran down her face and she felt like she was drowning in her own tears. "Just go away, Matthew. Just go."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 03:56:50 pm »
If nothing else, Matt had the sense enough to be prepared for a fight the moment his arms made it around Heather’s shoulders. She struggled and raged at him, but he was definitely the stronger and more stubborn one between the two of them in this instance. He knew she didn’t have near as much fight in her as she tried to puff up that she did, which was only confirmed as their brief battle ended with her collapsed and crying in his arms.

It didn’t matter that Matt held no actual psychic empathy. He knew that all the venom was just an attempt to drive him away because she didn’t want to deal with him and whatever they might (or might not) be making each other feel.

“I’m not going to leave you alone like this, Heather.” He gently rubbed at her back in little circles with one hand while the other fished a handkerchief out of his pocket. It was emblazoned with the Hellions logo, naturally, but he offered it to her without hesitating - hardly mattered to him if it got some snot and tears on it. “Do you really hate me that much? I didn’t think I was so bad; all I want to do is be your friend. Who cares if you’re a bitch? I still like you.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 01:49:10 pm »
"Just hate me already! Just be like everyone else already and leave me alone!" Despite her angered words though Heather physically clung to his shirt and refused to let go. His handkerchief was accepted only to be fiercely balled in her fist. She was too distraught to take the time to even wipe at her face. Each breath burned as her tears choked her. For every exhale three sharp inhales were necessary just to catch her breath again.

Heather hated how soothing his touch was. She hated that she relaxed in his arms when the fear inside her raged to lash out and screech and hurt before he did the same to her. "I don't need friends. I don't need you Matthew Wright. Not you and your perfect life and your perfect Squad and your perfect hair. I don't need you or your friendship!

"Just go away,: she shuddered in a defeated voice. Her throat was raw from her yelling and yet she still leaned heavily against him. "Just forget me and leave me alone. I don't need you and," her breath hitched sharply as Heather sniffled, "you certainly don't need me."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal