Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Most Fearsome Beast [Blink]  (Read 434 times)

Cheesigator

A Most Fearsome Beast [Blink]
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:29 pm »
"I hate trains."

Adele stepped off the train platform, studded leather boot heels clicking on the pavement of Solarta for the very first time.

You don't have to speak out loud to talk to me, Adele. I also don't really care.

The newly dubbed Pilot shrugged their shoulders, even though they knew their dragon couldn't see it. "Yeah I know, I just like pissing you off." They grinned, and off into the crowd they went.

Like the beginning of their Candyland adventures, Adele brought nothing with them from their time spent in the ATC other than a suitcase of clothes they'd purchased from shops they'd been eyeing for months in Haviah to bring with, and that was already being delivered to their (quite temporary) apartment. They tugged on the collar of their jade green biker's jacket, looking at the city around them with curiosity and a critic's eye. Overall, Haviah was far more impressive. Much more grandure and much more fitting for a person like Adele, BUT they'd have been lying if they said they weren't excited when their request to join the Solarta Valkyries had been approved.

Being a part of a squad had been one of Adele's top goals and to land in the one they wanted most? What a great fucking feeling. So great in fact that they had said screw the Candyland graduation vacation, and made arrangements to come straight to Solarta the very next day.

After all it was probably a good idea to know the city you'd be living and working in like the back of your hand, especially for a Pilot. So why not start learning about it now? Take advantage of the time for files and paperwork to be cleared before they had to get back to work anyways. A vacation? Fuck it.

Work was what Adele loved most, minus the paperwork, or sitting. They hated sitting.

They spent a good few hours just wandering the streets, the passageways, making note of what they liked, and what were major routes to get to important places. They really liked window shopping in some of the fashion districts but nothing really stood out to them. Well. Better luck next time.

After a good afternoon spent exploring Adele headed to a nearby bar with the intent of getting a drink before finding someplace for dinner when they thought they heard a sound of distress and paused, listening again.

Their tail swished about by their calves before they took a sharp turn down an alleyway or two and found the source of the commotion, as apparently they were the only one within earshot who gave enough of a shit to investigate, and the sight they saw when they turned the corner made both eyebrows skyrocket while they tilted their head slightly to the side, hands in their jacket pockets as their tail stopped moving.

".. Now that's not something you see every day."

Offline Blink

Re: A Most Fearsome Beast [Blink]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:18:41 pm »
So far Tamia had gathered one crucial thing about Solarta. It was hot. Not just annoying hot either, but unbelievably hot. The sun seemed to carry an extra sort of vengeance with it from the moment it rose in the morning until it set with the night. She had only been here for two days and already had a sunscreen and protective clothing regime. It would definitely take some getting used to that's for sure, but if Mia could be known for anything it would be adapting.

And so she did, waiting until the late afternoon to go for a stroll and try to get a feel for the city once more. It wasn't like she had anything else to do anyway. She was still on her 'mini vacation' after graduating the ATC before she started with the Valkyries. As far as she was concerned she was going to take advantage of every minute of this freedom, indulging in all the things she had been deprived of in the ATC. Yesterday it was good food and now today, good liquor. In fact, she was on her way to such a place when disaster struck.

There standing before her on the sidewalk was a beast like no other, yet no one seemed to pay it any mind. Tamia found herself frozen in fear, naked knees shaking beneath the seam of her denim and frayed shorts. Her sunglasses reflecting the very image of the beast back at it.

"You are a trained soldier Mia, you can do this!"

With a sense of determination, she drew in a heavy breath, slowly turning to walk in the opposite direction... big mistake.

Like a white flash, the beast began chasing her, causing the poor girl to run as fast as she could for the safest landing. It was no use though as the beast quickened its pace, even managing to get a lick in on her ankle before she managed to climb a light pole while screaming at the top of her lungs. Thankfully with her magnetism, she was able to easily hold herself up against it, as far away from the beast as she could manage.

"Someone help! Please!"

Mia looked down, the poodle baring dark brown eyes, staring into her soul surely so it could eat it. "Get away!", another screech as she managed to reach down and slip off one of her sandals to throw at it.

It was no use as the poodle merely yelped before going back to jumping at the light pole, trying to devour her foot no doubt. Tamia was terrified, her arms shaking as she held onto the pole for dear life.

Cheesigator

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:44:33 pm »
Adele stared as they took in the sight before their eyes. A grown woman had somehow managed to climb her way up a pole and was screaming bloody murder because a... A stray poodle was barking at her.

Alright, well, she was crying out for help so who was Adele to refuse a person who needed it? No judgement here, maybe she was scared of dogs.

Adele put two fingers up to their mouth and whistled; the sharp noise made the stray stop mid-bark, ears swiveling back as it turned its head and looked at them, before running over and barking at them, tail wagging.

Grinning, Adele dropped down to their knees, petting the dog's head and ruffling its soft, curly fur. This wasn't a vicious animal--it probably just wanted to be loved and played with. They glanced around, seeing a trash can and looking inside, pulling out a mangled child's toy and shrugging, waving it so the dog could see.

"Alright, let's see if you know how to fetch."

They gave the toy a good throw, sending it pretty far off down the block and the pooch thankfully took off running after it, which they admired considering how blazing hot it was. Looking to the girl on the pole, Adele quickly stepped over, picking up the shoe she had tossed at the poor animal and looking up at her.

"Better come on down now, before he comes back, Cinderella. You're not hurt, are you?" They gave her a charming grin and a slight bow. Once they helped her down from the pole with surprisingly gentle hands, they got onto one knee to help her put her shoe back on.

Standing up again, Adele offered her a hand and a smile. "Would you be interested in joining your knight in shining armor for dinner?~"

After all, she was quite pretty to look at. Her red hair, the fairness of her skin and how soft her thighs looked with those shorts? Please, as if Adele could keep themself from attempting to charm that.

Offline Blink

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:08:31 pm »
A sharp whistle pulled Mia's attention at the same time as the poodle. Still clinging to the pole she watched as it happily ran up to her rescuer. Even worse she watched as they knelt down and petted the monster.

"So brave."

Before she knew it they were approaching her, even stopping to pick up her sandal on the way.

"Cinderella?" she joked as they helped her down. "Other than the mild heart attack I think I am unscathed." Once back on two feet Mia blushed as they helped her put her sandal back on. She couldn't help but admire their jade jacket and how well it complimented their light rose tinted hair.

"But you're not wearing armor."  Mia took a moment to look them up and down again, even tilting her head to be extra sure she wasn't mistaken. It was clear she was confused for a moment but still... no armor that she could see.

"Regardless,  I do love food." she winked, offering her hand only to shake theirs clearly not understanding the gesture. Instead, she saw it as an introduction and so, offered one of her own.

"I'm Tamia, but you can call me Mia." Flashing a smile of her own she tilted her head again. "And your name?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:09:55 pm by Blink »

Cheesigator

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »
The look of confusion on this girl's face--Mia--made it clear to Adele relatively quick that she was one of those types who didn't get metaphors and took things a bit too literally. They chuckled a little as she tried to look them all over to find some armor she might've missed, finding the look on her pretty face to be cute.

"Well that's good to hear, maybe we can work something out then." Adele said with a grin as she shook their hand, again not quite understanding the gesture, so with a gentle tug they pulled her closer, sliding their arm around her waist as they smirked down at her, noticing she was only an inch or two shorter than themself.

"Adele," They said with a charming smile, "Mia... What a beautiful name." They said, testing the sound of it on their tongue and quite liking how it felt. "And I'd absolutely love to get to know you better, Mia. Anything you like in particular~?" Perhaps that gesture might make it a bit clearer, or at least they could hope.

Regardless they let her go enough so the two of them could start walking while Adele recounted in their head some of the places they had seen during their excursion today. They'd passed a couple of decent looking bars, but bars didn't always have the most extensive food selection, and for a princess such as this it would be far better to treat her to something decent, rather than something cheap. It seemed like just the kind of thing this sweetheart deserved.

Offline Blink

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:19:42 pm »
When Adele pulled Mia closer she pursed her lips in an effort not to laugh. It wasn't that she found it funny, but more so she was entertained by the thought of referring to her as having a beautiful name. Not to mention the fact that their face was now so much closer to hers... how charming.

"Thank you for rescuing me Adele", another smile as she straightened her tank top, now walking beside them.

"Let's see..." Puzzled was definitely an expression Mia bore often, especially when asked to think about something like things she liked. "I like spiders a lot... oh and butterflies! I also really like super gory movies with super cute monsters in them. And apparently, I really like being rescued from not cute monsters by super sexy people like yourself." She ended her statement with a nod as if she had to agree with herself on the thought.

"Yep most definitely like being rescued by you."

As they walked Tamia also tried to figure out where they should go. Anything would do really, she wasn't a super picky eater in all honesty. "So what kind of stuff do you like? I mean you are the one who did all the hard work. Maybe you should pick."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal