Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: We Need To Talk... [Moonie!]  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Blink

Re: We Need To Talk... [Moonie!]
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:55 pm »
It was another long haul, another run on of hours without rest. The nap helped as well as the clarity knowing that she and Alec had managed to sort everything out for now. It was agreed the two would see no one else, that just each other was enough.

Havanah was forced to cancel dinner plans with Alec due to the appearance of Cinna. Well, one thing led to another and she found herself suspended for two weeks and crawling into her own bed in the wee hours of the next morning. By the time she had finally woken up it was well into the afternoon, not like she had to be at work anyway.

Sitting up her eyes scanned her apartment and the silence that came with it. How long had it been since she slept here anyways? Or better question, how long had it been since she slept alone? Both questions Havanah didn't want to ask herself right now. Her gaze then set on a small knitted sweater laying on the floor.

"Rayne and Beau!"

Oh, how she had missed her two little critters. Both of which were still upstairs in Alec's apartment. Wasting no time she jumped up and was out the door, in the elevator and on the floor where most Noble's apartments were. She wasn't surprised when her chip granted her access, she had set Alec's to allow access to her own the moment the two started co-owning the ferrets.

Once inside Havanah spent about an hour just loving on them and from there she may as well have tripped into the shower and then into one of Alec's button up shirts. That was the story she was going with anyways... his stuff always smelt so much better.

And now... well now Havanah was standing in front of his stove with a spatula in hand. It was like she was going through the phases of catching up. First sleep, then shower, and now food. The sound system was blaring one of her favorite songs while she danced to the beat, careful to stop and flip the eggs between dance moves. The spatula though had become her microphone and as far as she was concerned she was singing to a million people... those poor people.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:54 pm »
Working things out with Havanah had been a relief, since them fighting had been driving Alec completely nuts, but things still felt a bit rough. It wasn’t a great time to be kick starting a tenuous romance, to be perfectly honest. With her working overtime on whatever big Inquiry case was going down, well, it left him more than a little put out.

Especially when she had to cancel a dinner date to Bar Toro. That place was expensive and exclusive; getting reservations was a feat all on its own. Being Pilots was really the only thing that had managed to swing them a table.

Then she couldn’t go.

Alec hated feeling like that guy. Havanah had a very important job, and he knew she couldn’t blow off whatever it was. He really wouldn’t want her to. It was just hard for him – he’d just gotten a smoking hot girlfriend and they had literally spent no time together since going exclusive. Hell, the last man she’d slept with was fucking Kurazo.

He wasn’t the most recent lay of his own girlfriend.

That thought alone was almost enough to make Alec pop a vessel. An entire day later and he was still stewing over it. After a long, long day of work he was headed back up to his apartment, obsessively checking his com as he looked for any activity from Havanah.

Was he being absurd? Probably, but he didn’t care. It was a bit of a surprise when he got off at his floor and heard music blaring from his place. The only person that could have gotten in was Havanah, so he almost fell over himself getting into the door. Stupidly he felt a lot of relief to see her there, singing karaoke in his kitchen. Whatever dangerous thing she’d been doing, she was safe.

His ears weren’t, though. Holy fuck, his girlfriend could not sing.

“You stole another of my shirts.” Alec eyed her as he threw his jacket over the back of the couch, it was hard not to make those baby blue eyes smoldering as they raked up and down her form. He didn’t know what it was, but there was something irresistibly sexy about seeing her in his clothing. “Do you know how damn hot you look right now? Almost makes me forget that I’m still mad at you. Almost.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 05:17:46 pm »
Over the music, Havanah could barely hear the door open. It wasn't until Alec was in her peripheral vision that she halted her show-stopping performance. Setting down the spatula and clicking off the stove she removed the skillet from the burner before turning towards him again.

Alec... in his suit... hot.

"I didn't steal it... I just borrowed it." Havanah bit her bottom lip as she walked towards him, trying to keep the fact he was still mad at her in the back of her mind. "I mean... I can take it off if you want." She winked, reaching up to unhook the top button.

Taking a more serious turn Havanah then braced herself against the couch with one arm. "I got home super early this morning. When I woke up I came straight here to wait for you... all of which resulted in me forgetting to grab clothes again."

It was the truth, even if it was convenient.

Taking another step towards him she slung her arms over his shoulders and pecked him on the nose. "Sorry about last night. Something came up." Again with her eyes, Havanah pleaded with Alec to understand. "But everything is okay now! And even better I got some time off so you will be seeing a lot of me over the next few weeks."

A partial truth. Havanah did have some time off. It just so happens the definition of that time off was a two-week suspension for misconduct. It was still worth it as far as she was concerned. Yeah, irresponsible... but worth it. Cinna was safe, Soba wasn't worried anymore, and most importantly Havanah could now spend time with the one person she cared for almost as much as her sister, Alec.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 09:51:06 am »
Maybe it was cocky, but Alec knew he looked damn fine, and the way Havanah looked at him only reinforced that arrogant opinion of his good looks. His eyes flashed lightly as she teasingly undid the first button of the stolen or “borrowed” shirt. Honestly he didn’t give a single fuck about her taking and wearing his clothes, she looked good enough to eat. He was just being a pain in the ass because he was frustrated and upset with a lot of things.

Probably not the best to throw that out on her, but she was the only one he could show those sides of himself.

What was she saying? Alec had lost all focus on her words, most of his attention consumed with just looking at her as she made her way towards him. He leaned forward a little as she put her arms over his shoulders, lips twitching as they tried to curve into a smile at the little kiss to his nose. It was hard to keep his grumpy expression.

She smelled like his shower products. It was only a little disappointing that he didn’t get to take a shower with her. That was definitely something he was putting on his ‘to do’ list.

“I get it, duty called, not your fault,” Alec paused and narrowed his eyes, suddenly becoming suspicious, “What do you mean a few weeks of time off? How did you swing that? Not that I don’t want a few weeks with every available moment spent in your lovely company, but they don’t just hand out weeks of sudden time off for a good reason.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 11:42:04 pm »
No one ever said Alec Holding was stupid, well besides Havanah when he couldn't get the hint, but besides that... even he knew vacations were not dished out like candy.

Taking a deep breath she prepared herself for what she was about to unload on him. After all, Havanah was still trying to learn to open up to Alec. For as long as she could remember she had always been the one to keep her own burdens to herself. Even when she first met Alec she refused to unload everything on him due to his job, but it was different now. Alec was supposed to be the one person she could come to with her problems.

"Okay so maybe not a vacation...."

Then before Havanah knew it she was walking around the couch and sitting down, holding her head in her hands as she rambled on about everything she could tell him.

"So Cinna was in trouble and I was worried about Soba. I went to Margad to see him and from there I promised him I would do whatever it took. Then you made dinner plans and I had to cancel because another picture showed up and I just wasn't thinking rationally. I made it look like I was just inviting Soba to coffee again when in reality he was coming to help me look. So I was suspended... I broke protocol by bringing Soba who was already refused to join the case."

It all came out fast and by the end of it, Havanah found herself taking another long drawn breath. "Two weeks.... I can't step foot in the inquiry department until then."

"I know I messed up Alec but... If it were you missing I would want someone to keep me in the loop! And you better believe I would be doing anything to find you. I know Soba and Cinna aren't a thing but I can just tell. I was trying to be a friend and... and I just messed up."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 02:15:10 pm »
Any idiot should have known it wasn’t a vacation.

Alec watched her move to sit on the couch as she began spilling the story, or as much as he really needed to hear. It was hard, seeing Havanah like that. He wanted to pull her into a hug and reassure her that everything was fine.

Except everything was not fine.

“You did what?” He was furious. What was Havanah thinking going against protocol like that? Insubordination was a pretty big deal. She was lucky that two weeks of suspension was all that she’d gotten for a stunt like that. How could she just pull an Inquisitor from another department into an open investigation like that? Especially one that had already been denied clearance? Alec thought his anger was justified for all the right reasons.

Of course he also knew why she’d done it. Not that it made it right, but he knew. Giving a frustrated growl, Alec ran his hands through his hair and moved over to kneel down in front of her, looking up at her with an anxious expression, putting his hands on her knees.

“Havanah that was a stupid thing to do. It was reckless; it could have cost you your entire career. What if they’d decided to move you instead of just give you a suspension?” He could tell she was already beating herself up over the whole mess. At least she knew she’d messed up. It would have been so much worse if she tried to act like what she’d done was okay. “Honey, I get it. I do. They’re your friends, and I’d have wanted to help them too, but you have to think before you act.”

Not that he wasn’t a complete hypocrite. If it had been Havanah in trouble he wasn’t sure anything could have kept him from running out to help her – consequences be damned.

Alec reached up to squeeze her hands, bringing them down so he could kiss them softly. “Havanah, I’m sorry that you had to make a decision like that. If it were you out there in Cinna’s place I’d have wanted to do everything I could too. I’m only mad because all I can think about is what if something had happened to you.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 02:25:47 pm »
At first, all she could hear was the god-awful growl coming from Alec while she hid her face in her hands. She could picture it now... him walking back and forth regretting and wondering what in the hell he had gotten himself into with her. Havanah just kept making mistake after mistake it seemed.

By the time he knelt down in front of her she had practically convinced herself that she had managed to sabotage their relationship before it even really had a chance to get started. However, when he placed his hands on her knees and looked at her with those baby blues she was completely entranced.

Alec had a point. If Havanah had been transferred or demoted the results would have been catastrophic. Then to make matters worse he had to be perfect and kiss her hands before telling her he would have been upset if something had happened to her.

This was why Havanah chose Alec. He was perfect all around. Great sense of humor, devastatingly sexy, but most of all selfless. Every time she thought she had screwed everything up he would say the most perfect and adorable thing, melting her heart into a giant pile of mush.

"I'm sorry"

Pulling one of her hands away she moved it to his face, caressing first his jaw before letting her fingers slide behind his ear. And then mustering up all the sincerity she could manage she smiled.

"I've just got to get used to thinking that someone else actually cares about my actions... other than Aspen."

Havanah was then lost again in those devastatingly powerful eyes. It was surprising even her how fast she was falling for this man. He was perfect... astoundingly perfect.

"Alec I.... I.." Havanah swallowed hard as she tried to muster the courage to say three very special words.

"I bet my eggs are cold now and I'm starving."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 05:58:05 am »
Whatever remaining shreds of anger Alec had been holding on to floated away as her fingertips brushed along his jawline all the way behind his ear. It made him shiver just a little. Why did their have to be anything bad at all? Couldn’t it all just be sweet and pleasant and tingly just like that touch? A soft smile tugged at one corner of his mouth as she apologized to him.

And smiled.

How could he ever stay mad at her?

In any other circumstances Alec might have been disturbed to think that anyone, man or woman, had wrapped him so securely around their little finger. With Havanah, well, he didn’t think he minded so much, and that just reaffirmed to him that she was something very special.

The tenderness of the moment was suddenly broken, and he found himself blinking in confusion. What the hell was she talking about? Oh, right, she was cooking when he came home. Well, Alec was never one to say no to food. He’d just gotten home from work and was starving, but Havanah had made him forget that he was even hungry.

Weird.

Alec let out a soft laugh and leaned up, pressing a soft, chaste kiss to her lips before standing up and offering her his hand. “Far be it from me to keep the lady waiting on her eggs. I hope you made some for me too.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 09:12:28 am »
When Alec was confused Havanah thought it was the most adorable thing, which left her finding him adorable quite often. Even more so every time his lips met hers when he had that look on his face. Happily, she leaned in to kiss him back, disappointed when it was over.

Taking his offered hand Havanah then laughed at his hope for some of her eggs. "I can always make more."

The way Alec made Havanah feel was unlike anything she had ever experienced before. As she picked up where she left off and continued making more eggs she thought about all of the flings she had before him. None of them were like this, and none of them lasted for more than a few days. At some point, she remembered being called 'hard to handle.' Ha... as if.

Even without the music blaring Havanah still danced to the beat of her own drum while she readied two plates with not only eggs but toast as well. She had made herself completely at home in his kitchen and had no problem navigating where everything was. It was almost like she had time to go through all his cabinets or something when he wasn't there.... nah.

Scooping a bit of butter on her own toast she spread it before licking off the little bit that got on one of her fingers. "So are you ready to deal with a very bored me for two weeks? I'm sure I will require all of your attention." Havanah then added a wink before she picked up the now buttered toast and took a bite. Oh, it was so on after this food was eaten...

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 06:54:25 am »
“Yes please, I want some too.” Alec followed her back into the kitchen, just admiring the more than pleasant view of her wearing nothing but one of his shirts. He really wished he knew why that was so fucking hot. Probably some primal, possessive thing left over from their caveman days. Whatever it was, he liked it a lot. Too bad he couldn’t just stand and watch her the whole time.

“Alright, let me go change while you fix the food – been wanting out of this suit for hours.” He was already loosening his tie as he turned and headed for the bedroom. It only took a couple minutes for him to peel off the expensive clothes, dropping them in a hamper and pulling on a pair of low-slung pajama pants. Not bothering with a shirt, because fuck clothes, Alec headed back into the kitchen, smirking at the way Havanah was dancing around his kitchen as she made them plates of eggs and toast. Not a bad dinner at all.

He leaned against the counter, grinning as he picked up his toast and buttered it while giving her a smoldering look. “Oh, I have some ideas of what to do with all that extra energy. I think I’ll have a very nice two weeks, getting to spend most of my free time entertaining my poor, bored girlfriend.”

With a little wink, he happily bit into his toast, humming pleasantly as he ate his breakfast dinner. It was that much better because Havanah had made it for him, of course. Already he was thinking of dinners that he could make for her over the next two weeks, planning out their shared meals in his head as he imagined how much fun it would be feeding each other.

Fuck, he was whipped.

Offline Blink

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 01:01:14 pm »
He was enchanting, even out of his suit and just in a pair of pajama pants. Havanah was entranced with his very being as she chewed silently, looking him up and down while not only trying to digest her food but the word 'girlfriend' as well. That word alone was enough to make her afraid, but fill her stomach with butterflies at the same time. Alec was like the perfect puzzle piece that she didn't even know was missing until he came along. They just worked... somehow perfectly fitting together creating something that was a pain in the ass to put, but beautiful when finally completed.

After finishing her food Havanah moved towards the sink, rinsing her plate off and grabbing something before stepping towards Alec again. She slung one of her arms over his shoulders and smiled looking up into sapphire while the other remained behind her back. Havanah felt so at peace just being there with him, almost like the shit storm that was her life over the last week had never even happened. His eyes alone just wiped all of that away and made life not seem quite so bad.

"I could get used to this," she smirked, reaching up and letting her fingers trace from his shoulder down his tattoo to his wrist where it finally fell at her side. "You're just so-" she let her words trail off as her expression sobered.

"So hot..." a devilish grin then fell across her lips as she pulled her other arm out from behind her and went to touch his hair. "So hot in fact I bet you could cook this egg." And then it was there, the yolk and cracked shell crumbling in her hand above his head as it seeped from between her fingers.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:03:24 pm by Blink »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal