Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Telepathy is Never Easy..... Sometimes (¡Marakai!)  (Read 481 times)

Catalina

Telepathy is Never Easy..... Sometimes (¡Marakai!)
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
   Garza, please report for training at 0600 sharp. Don't be late.
~Keithen

-----------
Keithen looks at his phone. It was nearly 0600 just five more minutes. He was leaning on a wall waiting for his Candidate to arrive. Today was going to be a fun day.... for him atleast. He had plans for Garza to maybe improve with his telepathy. Even if it was just a tiny little bit he would take it though he'd wait to see. Man this brought back memories of his time with Christaphor. They sucked st the time but looking back on it, they were worth it.

Keithen smiles at the though of how many times he got his ass whooped when learning how to fight until he was just as good as any other Pilot and can hold his own and how many times he shocked Christaphor by accident - then got his ass whooped again. Great memories he was fond of. He would try to help this Candidate through this like Chris did for him. Keith knows the kid has promise to being a good Pilot and it would be ashame if he got TRIMed. All that potential down the drain.

He takes off his glasses and clean them off with his shirt whistling and puts them in a pocket on his suit. Feeling for any vibrations in the floor and listening for any sound of someone coming. Embracing the darkness for a few minutes and thinking over the plan for Garza and waiting tapping his foot.

Marakai2.0

Re: Telepathy is Never Easy..... Sometimes (¡Marakai!)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:43:06 am »
Garza, please report for training at 0600 sharp. Don't be late.
~Keithen

That was easily the greatest thing Garza could have hoped to wake to in the morning. The subtle vibration of his phone, even from across the room on his desk, had been more than enough motivation for him to rise - he had woken far earlier, anyway, his tranquilizers only offering him about four hours of sleep. And when he found his request for a new mentor had finally been approved and processed, he was rather excited.

And so he had plenty of time to get himself ready, showering and painstakingly dressing in his training gear. He stood before the mirror for awhile, inspecting his appearance.

Pale, ashen skin. Red eyes. Bony protrusions on his forehead and a spear-like horn jutting from just in front of his temple. The very picture of professionalism, if the sarcasm could be afforded. Garza sighed as he turned away from the monster in the mirror, pushing a stray lock of hair out of his face and pushing it behind his ear.

He stepped out into his room. Everything was in order - his bed was made and wrinkle free, looking almost as if it hadn't even been used. He kept no personal effects, no decorations of any kind - he'd been taken here with nothing in hand, but that was okay. He'd had nothing anyway, and even if he had, he wanted no further reminders of that dank hole he'd been pulled out of.

5:25 was the time - a couple extra minutes to find the designated area he was to meet with Pilot Noble Nieminen.

--

And at 5:57, the aforementioned Pilot would begin to hear the sounds and feel the vibrations he was waiting for - heavy footfalls from a particularly large individual, followed by the scent of a freshly showered individual.

Garza entered the room, seeing Pilot Noble Nieminen for the first time. He was unsurprised to find the gentlemen was smaller than him - most everyone was - and he towered over him by more than a foot. He offered a closed-lipped smile, hiding his pointed teeth (obviously not realizing the other was blind) and extended a large hand in greeting.

"You must be Pilot Noble Nieminen. I am Pilot Candidate Oskai, Stage 4," he rumbled, his voice low but sounding as if stones were grinding together.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

Catalina

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:42 am »
  It was probably three minutes to 0600 when the Candidate arrived. He could feel him walking down the hallway pretty early on but all that mattered was the fact he arrived on time and then the sound of footsteps. Man this guy must be huge. And finally when he arrived Keithen smelt the smell of a showered person. 

The Candidate introduced himself the correct way, good. Keithen nods, "Nice to meet you too, Pilot Candidate Oskai." He couldn't sense where his hand was. Shit. Keith looks in the general direction of his new charge's voice, after a failed attempt he takes his charge's hand and shakes it. If one would look they would see no light or emotion in his eyes, just a filmed over grey color.

"So I heard you needed a bit of help regarding your telepathy." Keithen smiles a bit, "You have a problem controlling what you hear from other minds and it takes a lot to be able to cancel it out." He stretches out a bit then puts his glasses on a small table, "Sorry Candidate this is not going to be easy. For both of us." He motions to his charge, "First lets do a little mock fight. You attack first, lets just try not to destroy this room."

One of the ways Keithen is able to tell something about someone is through a little mock fight match. If they have something on their mind he would be able to tell, particularly what they need help on. It's the same thing that Chris did when he first was appointed Keith's mentor. Except he won't be doing exactly the same thing as Chris did at the end of it.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:05 pm »
Garza noticed how his mentor had at first failed to make contact with his hand, and that, coupled with the way his eyes looked, brought the candidate to a startling conclusion.

Keithen was blind.

Garza blinked one time in confusion, before stepping back. "A....fight? I have no doubts you can handle yourself, don't get me wrong....then again, you also know what you're doing. My apologies."

He stepped away from the door, towards the middle of the room. And then he made himself ready.

"I apologise in advance in the event I actually hurt you. I assume you mean physical combat, yes? No psionics?"

Catalina

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:55:59 pm »
"Physical combats, no psonics as of yet. Those might be saved for later on. Don't worry about hurting me, I've been through it more then once in my life. Come at me." Keithen motions to Garza looking serious. "Come on. I'm my eyesight isn't getting any different here." He was lying a bit about to the psonics, he sort of needed his elecrokinesis to beable to "see" things but it wasnt going to be inolimented in this for actual combat.

He also noticed a bit of Garza's reaction. He was used to it at this point when people relized he was blind, but it didn't mean it was a bit annoying. He stood there waiting for the first step while simmering down the annoyence. At least he had a bright apprentice compared to other people he met before. This was the first time he has fought someone towering over him as Garza did. An interesting prespect. He was ready.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 05:32:18 am »
Physical combat. That was a whole other can of worms.

Garza's telepathy may be a problem, but his hand to hand abilities were spot on. And Keithen said not to worry about hurting him, either.

This....could get interesting. Combat with a Pilot that he knew little about, other than the fact he was blind. Obviously he could sense him in other ways, otherwise Keithen wouldn't have suggested such a thing.

His red eyes narrowed only slightly. He'd find out just what he was going on about with this. He dearly hoped, though, that he didn't hurt him too badly.

His large fist clenched, before it suddenly swing out in a haymaker, cutting through the air to fly towards his mentors cheek.

Catalina

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 05:37:19 pm »
Keithen stood there tapping his scarred wrists waiting for Gar to strike. Finally he did. There was a vibration in the air as he sent an electrical charge through the air. A fist. Keithen sighs inside his mind, frontal attacks. Always something that could end wrong if it was against a kiss calculated opponent.

He steps back using his hand to block the punch. He may be tinyer but Keith packs a good bit of strength in his arms. He then jumps up using his legs to push off the giant's chest. Gar might be a straightforward type of person by the way he acted. Well so far he'll see afterwards.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 07:38:56 am »
This man was fast. That put Garza at a clear disadvantage - he was very large, and while he wasn't exactly slow, this made him an easy target.

And apparently a convenient springboard, as the smaller man leapt up to kick off of Garza, perhaps to give him space. While Garza may have been a physical force to be reckoned with, he was more than capable of thinking outside the box.

Keithen was about to figure that out.

Just as Keithens feet pushed off of Garza's chest, the larger man shot an arm out, a smile clear on his face. A large hand wrapped around the Pilots ankle, and suddenly Garza was turning and, putting all his weight and strength into it, flinging Keithen the opposite direction.

Even as he flew through the air, Garza broke into a run to continue the attack.

Catalina

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 07:16:36 pm »
The next thing Keithen knew was that his ankle was grabbed and he was flung through the air. As the air whistled past him he flips around, landing on his feet slidimg a little way down. Another electric shock went thriugh the air and he jumps out of Garza's way looking dead and emotionless.

He got all he needed from no wearing his glasses. He asked AuRron only what they thought Keith needed to kniw on Garza before he headed out. Nothing was a seceret in Aedolis after all. She only told him what he needed to know. Time for a little change, a psonic change. He runs and grabs his glasses off the table, putting them on.

He stood there watching and looking at Garza, waiting again for him to attack.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal