Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Everyone Expects the Aedolian Inquisition  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Nix

Everyone Expects the Aedolian Inquisition
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:22:46 am »
Fifteen minutes till their appointment with Pilot Luminas.

Appointments always seemed more civil than showing up on one's doorstep. It also gave more time to watch a Pilot's behavior, clues that even the mind might not yield so easy. They way they act, if they are panicked... if they seemed too prepared for this.

Simone had more resources readily available to her as an Inquiry Officer than most other Pilots might. There were still things to be filed with the Ministry and procedures to follow legally but access to a Pilot's apartment intercom feed was pretty routine once someone was summoned by the Inquiry. Watching and recording their comings and goings both before and after they required Inquiry attention was standard practice.

They had already comprised a short list of who Pilot Iriel Luminas had been in contact with recently, and what she had been up to. It seems she and several other Pilots met up at Synesthesia one night, then she met with one Pilot Echo Nayden Kiers and they traveled to a civilian domicile to retrieve a strange bird similar to the one Pilot Luminas often had with her. Other points of interest were her volunteering at an animal shelter and traveling outside Aedolis with a civilian to 'camp'.

Some of these were pulled from the chat logs that Pilot Omajon Rheeves reported to the Inquiry, and were fact checked since.

Five minutes to their appointment.

Catalina

Re: Everyone Expects the Aedolian Inquisition
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:08:46 pm »
(Sorry if this might be short :/ heading to Red Robin for dinner. I also never done a thread with a Noble Pilot XD so sorry if some things might be wrong.)

Iriel wasn't one for appointments since she had always arrived much earlier then she needed to begin with. Which proved to be a pain in her end since all she could do was wait around and do nothing.

Iriel reached the door to Noble Pilot Simone's office and knocks, "Excuse me sir." Iriel says calmly waiting a moment before opening the door and walking in.

The mail she received said it was a consultation. Which was pretty nerve raking for any pilot. Not to mention it said "please" and not "now" but those words were trivial.  Iriel closes the door, "You wanted to see me Pilot Noble Matthers?" She says addressing the noble with the usual greetings to a Pilot Noble. One that was far above her rank.

She waited to be given a inventation to sit or something like that. She didn't want to sit down without an inventation. It seemed rudeband dishonorable to do that from what jer parents and mentor taught her, it was engraved in her mind as a result. Inside her though she was pretty nervous but hid it. Just like her mentor taught her to at all times. He compared it to the way wolves worked but its even worse for people is what he told her.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 06:03:59 pm by Catalina »

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:12:57 pm »
"Please have a seat Pilot Luminas." Simone said as the other Pilot stood there. She did not bother looking up from her tablet which held her notes. "I want to inform you I have received authorization to enter your mind should I feel it necessary during this consultation. This session is also being recorded of course." She looked across her desk at the other Pilot, her own face expressionless and dead pan. She could hear an almost nervous buzz coming off the other Pilot's brain waves, a sheer sign of actively concealing thoughts though the Inquiry Officer found that that alone was not a sign or disloyalty.

"Please state your name and rank for the record."

Catalina

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:26:10 pm »
"I understand sir." Iriel says then takes a seat. She had no problem with the session being recorded, she was used to the way the ran things by now particularly. Though they always did seem to have a way to come up with something new which she respected a great deal over all.

Iriel followed the nobles instruction to state her name and rank, "Iriel Luminas, Pilot Echo." She says clearly for the record. This was going to take a while it seemed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:22:31 pm by Nix »

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »
((Sorry I just fixed Echo Pilot to Pilot Echo))

"Do you know why you have been called here today Pilot Luminas?" She said gazing sternly at her. "Would you like to tell me anything before we get to the questioning?"

Monitoring the smallest reaction, the smallest detour in thought was all part of her job in assessing other Pilots. In seeing if they were loyal to Aedolis. Gospels were a plague that needed to be cleansed. How dissenters even graduated candidacy was beyond her. "This is your only chance to come clean before we begin."

Catalina

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:43 am »
"Well sir. I think I know why. Its because of a comment I made in a chat." Iriel states. She felt it better to tell the truth but if it dealt with the death of her twin as in any question being asked she would simply answer it.

If she was asked for the background she would simply tell the story. She would have to be a but slow to get every detail she needed since it was a while back but she would try her best to answer every question.

Offline Nix

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 02:28:24 pm »
"And why did you make that comment?" Simone asked, her gaze steady on the other. At least she seemed to understand that it was wrong. "Do you not like being a Pilot?"

That was a very loaded question. Of course there was only one correct answer but Simone was trained to detect when someone was lying, and was permitted to access Luminas' mind if need be. She watched every small movement the young Pilot Echo made, looking for certain small signals.

Catalina

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 03:12:14 pm »
Iriel takes a deep breath after she flinched a bit at the first question, the light faded a bit in her eyes. "Sir, I meant no disrespect. Though I made it because I was just stating if I was able to trade my abilities for my twin to be alive I would, but I can't since well.... Its not exactly possible if you know what I mean which I tried to say when I said "but that not how the world works."

She shrugs, "Though I was trying to speak hypothetically in my mind while I typed it. Which I obviously can't do now."

She looks into the Noble's eyes, " I enjoy being a Pilot and a lot of things about it, I am proud of being here and among others more like me. You can examin my mind for what my sister did to end her life, sir. I was there trying to stop her, the way she did it was really wrong and well she abused her powers to the max." Iriel closes her eyes thinking of when her sister used her blood ability to make Iriel stab her while holding her parents in the cornee of the room immobilized. Watching every moment of the event.

Offline Nix

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 08:36:46 pm »
Simone let out a sigh. "I am not asking about your sister Pilot. This is a matter of your loyalty to Aedolis. I do not care about your sister or you past. I care about your devotion to our great nation. Do you understand? You are suspected of disloyalty and sedition. These are serious charges. You are lucky that I consider things like mental state at all in these matters."

She did care, but it didn't actually pertain to the investigation. "I understand you wish your sister was alive and that it was a traumatizing event for you but if that is going to impair your ability to preform your job or cause you to dissent then actions need to be taken."

She looked down at her notes. "How would you describe your relationship with Pilot Echo Kiers?"

Catalina

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 03:51:40 am »
Iriel thinks for a moment on what the officer just said then nods in understanding, "I understand sir." Iriel had a rough guideline to go off of now, which made her understand what the Noble was looking for compared to what she wasn't looking for. She thinks a second on the next question, "I think Pilot Echo Kiers and I are not exactly close friend but more acquaintances."

Offline Nix

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:31:10 am »
Trying to keep the thoughts of Iriel's twin's suicide out of her mind was difficult. She preferred not to go into other Pilot's mind but even with all their mental defenses she could still hear thoughts when they were emotionally distracted. There was good reason that her office walls were lined with the same materials as the lead rooms themselves.

"Acquaintances..." She said taping on her tablet, obviously adding to her notes before looking back at the Pilot with a level and steeled gaze. "You entered a civilian domicile with him and he left with a bird correct? I believe this was the home of your immigrant parents?" She knew these were facts.

Catalina

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 10:54:52 am »
Iriel watches her write her statement down, "Yes sir. It is the home of my parents. We gave Pilot Echo Kiers a chick to raise." She nods witha bit of happiness. That chick needed atleast one person to take care of it. There was no way for the father to take care of two of them if he did get out of his shock. Her father would take care of the second chick if he didn't and would help the father out.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:34:58 pm by Nix »

Offline Nix

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 12:40:05 pm »
Iriel seemed happy as she said that. Why? Because some bird got a home? Did she really have no idea how suspicious this all was? "You took your father.... 'camping' out in the Wastes? As I understand it your species is unaffected by the toxins and radiation outside of Aedolis. However who gave you clearance to take a foreign civilian outside the barriers?"

Catalina

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »
"My supervisor sir. I asked for permisson and he gave it to me. He said something like, "You got all your work finished for the week.' which most if it was done during overtime by the way, ' You may go camping.' and that was that." Iriel says calmly. She was telling the complete truth. She was telling everything she can remember to the questions that were being asked.

Offline Nix

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 12:53:27 am »
That was more than highly unorthodox. Pilots did get leave time, and some even chose to travel during it, but it involved paperwork and none had been filed by Pilot Luminas, nor on her behalf. However it would not be the first time a procedure was not followed, or paperwork was submitted late. Still. It was rather troubling.

"What is your opinion of Aedolis?"

Catalina

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 03:55:41 am »
"I love it here. It's so nice here compared to my father's stories of his home planet. It's just so happy here and so much to do when I can." Iriel states. "I would rather have been born here byond anywhere else. Life becomes just a blur sometimes you know. I wouldn't change it at all." she was proud to have been born in Aedolis. Her father did tell her about his home planet and how it got over ruled by blood thirsty creatures plus how it occurred. Life there was just a means of survuval and nothing else. Unless one would nanage to get on an evacuation ship and the ship was not blown up was the only way that they can truly get away.

Offline Nix

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 08:55:58 am »
The answer wasn't... good, but it wasn't unacceptable. How had this Pilot graduated candidacy let alone been promoted? Still. She didn't think Luminas was a traitor, just naive and mentally unwell. Not a traitor, but not a Pilot. Simone was not going to let another situation like the mess with Cnyte arise.

"I am taking you off active duty. You will be suspended for two weeks during which you will be given a psych eval. Pending the results you will be reassigned. Understood?" It all sounded reasonable enough, and not exactly a 'punishment' but this would be a huge blow to any Pilot's career and ego.

She didn't have time to babysit Pilots who had no business being Pilots. If they couldn't hack it after graduating that was on them, but she would not allow it to become an issue for the rest of them. At least one thing was abundantly clear. Pilot Echo Luminas was too weak to be a Gospel.

"I have one last question and then you are dismissed. What do you know about Pilot Cardinal Rheeves?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:56:37 am by Nix »

Catalina

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 03:24:00 pm »
Two weeks wasn't long and if she could not be a pilot after the eval she could just work with her father or something. She didn't mind whatever the out come as long as she still breathed that was all the matter to her tgough she did love being a Pilot. Iriel nods showing she understood.

Then the last question, "The only few things I know about Pilot Cardinal is he immigrated here sir, and  he cant move up a rank because of it stating he is happy where he was amd just the fact that he is a pilot is good enough for him. He is a seeker. Plus he has visons and gets very sick afyer words."  Iriel may not be the brightest but she has an amazing memory and remmeber almost everything.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal