Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Lion

Re: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2017, 01:50:31 am »
Falling back into a routine that he knew all too well, wasn't difficult for Thade. And it served as a generous distraction from having to wonder if he should call Reva or not. Doing so seemed so...desperate for attention. Even he would have to kick himself if he was wondering just what the other person was doing every second of every day. Besides, it wasn't like he wasn't going to see Reva any time soon.  She was already playing hard to get.

And even then, Thade's own mind kept thinking back to that kiss in the parking garage. Was he lingering? Maybe. But what harm was there in holding on to something that made you feel good.

But even Thade knew better than be clingy. She was a busy woman after all. And he had contacts to call and favors to bring in, people that owed him money. Or else how was he going to pay for those fucking repairs. He and Sister went to meet those contacts. Some took a little roughing up to ensure payment, others remembered their contracts and kept firm on the deal. Smugglers were a dime a dozen on Cancer, but only a few of them were worth their salt.

Acquisition in hand, Thade felt a little more confident walking into Hangar 2 with Tennai leading him. Thade looked at the progress that had gone up on the Vegas, thoroughly impressed. The folks here knew what they were doing, and if he had to have his ship trashed, he was just glad it happened when it did. Galley La was a damn good neighbor to have.

"Looks good, Tennai. Thanks. I mean...as long as I'm here on Cancer and with my ship out of commission, there's isn't anything I can do but wait. Hey, here, for you. Get yourself something nice," Thade murmured as he slipped a credit chip outside of his coat pocket and slipped it into her hand.

He was decked in his usual sleeveless coat, and already the shadow of his beard was growing back in. It wasn't quite there just yet.  His boots cracked softly against the ground as he looked up, watching Reva pull the welding mask from his face.  Well, hell.  Why wouldn't she be up there?

He raised an arm and waved back, looking her over in that black cat suit. He didn't suppose she would possibly need his help with anything. Watching her with that plasma torch in hand, the smell of heated metal... That disheveled hair look...  A vague image of how she probably looked like in the morning. Every morning. And that hair, just puffed everywhere.

Thade blushed a little and he reached into the other side of his coat jacket. "I think you forgot something back when you wiped the floor with me on the track. This, erm, thing fell off the car I was driving. I thought I ought to give it back to you," he said and shrugged his coat off of his shoulders, throwing it over a chair in front of a workbench and he quickly clamored up a ladder to the rafters, up to where she was working.

He kept his weight even and didn't make any sudden movements, and he revealed the little button cap that had slipped off the car. It was the flare button, that activated its forced jet propulsion. "I forgot to mention it earlier. You look good by the way," he chuckled and held the thing out in his palm. "Need a hand? I know you guys are pros and all, but I trust you, I do. But I miss working on the Vegas. So anything you need, let me know."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:59:09 am by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2017, 02:57:14 pm »
Reva raised her eyebrows curiously when he brought up the fact that she had forgotten something. She shut down the plasma cutter and set it down on a secured tools rack next to her as Thade came up to meet her, and she reached out to pluck the item he held out to her with dainty fingertips, though she didn't avoid letting her fingers brush against him before she held up the button cap to take a look at it.

"Now I was wondering where that was. I've been meaning to fix it but I'd forgotten when we raced--that was very thoughtful of you, thank you." She responded to him with a warm smile before she tucked it away into one of the pouches slung around her hips, and leaned back on a hand as she crossed her legs at the knee. One wrong move and it would've been a terrifying 20-foot drop to the ground below, but she seemed perfectly comfortable there as she observed him thoughtfully.

"Hm, well I was meaning to take a break to go shopping for some more power cells for another client. It's not working on the Vegas, but perhaps you'd be up for it?"

The fact that she was willingly inviting him to go anywhere with her purely for the sake of fun spoke  for miles on how much more she liked him when he was actually a respectable creature who treated her with common decency. Amazing how far that kind of thing went, really. She wasn't all that bad of a person--antisocial with most people, yes, but the present company might be a bit of an exception.

Once he agreed, she nodded and pulled her legs up, getting her feet under her and standing with balance and poise as she pulled off the belts and set them on the tools rack, letting him go down the ladder first as she followed and then led the way out of Galley La. It was a rather nice day out, so she opted for them to walk to the market district, which in all honesty wasn't that far away. But it was a nice opportunity to get out and really appreciate the day, and it was a nice way for them to spend some time together.

"You don't live on Cancer, correct? So what have you been doing while you're cooped up here waiting for the Vegas?" She asked curiously, looking over at him as they walked.

Offline Lion

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »
When her hand so much grazed his, he let out a heavy breath to keep the shiver from being too obvious. It was stupid since she likely already knew the effect she had on him. That much was clear during their teenager-like make out session.  A shame that had been cut so short.

Thade examined her a moment, admiring the way she was relaxed against the hull of the Vegas. She looked good no matter what she was wearing. Even if it was nothing at all. But with dirt and grease on her face, being in her element, had a sort of mesmerizing effect.

Thade perked up at her proposition and he gave a cheeky grin. "Hell yeah. Let's go," he replied and followed after her when she climbed back down to the ground. A drop like that would give anyone a splitting headache. For him, maybe it wouldn't kill him, but he'd be feeling those shin splints the next day.

Thankfully the rafters were just safe enough to climb down and he looked up only once, to take a decent look at her ass as he did so, smirking and he plopped firmly onto the floor.  Thade shrugged his coat back on and walked with her.

"I'm staying with Sister. But I...Well, don't think, less of me I have a flat in Tynova where I go occasionally when I'm not working. For now, I've been shaking down contacts that owe me for shipments and following up on other contract deals. At night I go for a few drinks with Sister and I listen to him complain. Or we'll play a game. Not gonna lie though, racing with you is the most fun I've had since I've been here," he laughed. "What about you? How've you been since...Hmm well, the garage?"

Cheesigator

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »
Ah, so he had a home in Tynova, then? Well, any other time she might have been kinda pissed he'd conveniently neglected to bring it up when they were there after their escape from the stalkers, because that seemed an awful lot like he'd taken advantage of the fact that her first inclination had been to go to a hotel to rest.

Buuut he'd ended up footing the bill for the hotel room anyways for his assholeish behavior, not that she told him that, so she didn't mind.

"A guy like you, I was expecting you lived on your ship." She said with a slight smirk of amusement. "I'm sure it'll be a ground-breaking shocker when I tell you I've just been working since that night. Two new clients, one of whom requested a custom weapon design, so I've been a little busy with that lately."

She didn't really have time for much else in her life, and she'd structured it like that on purpose. She wasn't exactly a people person, she'd much rather go about through life minding her own business and doing her own thing, without others involved too much. Obviously, she didn't swear up and down by that rule however, considering Belliel and now Thade were exceptions.

One of the marketing districts on Cancer, the one she tended to frequent the most, had a mix of both outside stalls that sold wares as well as the tiny stores butted up against each other shoulder to shoulder in three or four story buildings; it wasn't uncommon to have three entirely different stores, completely unrelated to one another, in the same building, or have separate businesses operating out of basements and cellars, here. She quite liked the atmosphere, it was almost like a flea market--you never quite knew what you might find. There was a particular vendor she preferred doing business with however, who always managed to come up with some good items, and sold them to her for a fair price, so that was where they were headed.

As they slid through the crowds, once or twice stalls or stores selling clothing or jewelry caught her eye, but she didn't tend to linger or look at anything for any longer than thirty seconds. She was on company business time, here, so might as well get to it.

"Hey Reva, brought a friend with you today?" Came a rough voice that almost sounded as if it were mixed with a gargle, as they entered a store after passing through the tented stall out front with items of particular interest for sale to draw in customers.

Trudy was a rather big alien with four arms and a strange olive green tint to his skin; he wasn't unlike a salamander crossed with a tarantula, minus the hair.

Reva glanced back at Thade and then smiled at Trudy and gave him a nod. "I'm looking for some good power cells today, got anything new and interesting? If you have any of those G Series by Yondo Corp I'd prefer those."

"As a matter of fact, I do, give me a moment and I'll go grab them for you."

Trudy went through a door back behind the counter, and Reva turned to Thade as she leaned against it with her arms crossed over her chest, nodding to the store around them. It had that certain musty smell that most garages did--grease, engine oil, paint stripper, and raw metal. The shelves were heaping with boxes full of parts, labeled in marker and somewhat messily organized. No surface was left bare--even the floor, which barely had a path wide enough for two people to squeeze through to look at everything.

"So you've worked on the Vegas yourself then? She your only ship?" Reva asked curiously, tilting her head to the side.

Offline Lion

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2017, 08:26:31 pm »
A guy like him?

"You mean a sleazy oversexed quasi-professional smuggler with a masculinity complex that hardly bathes and just wears the same jacket over and over gain, for lack of a bette wardrobe?" he replied with a snort.  Thade internally smirked at that image in his head. It was close, although it's only accuracy was the last part of it. He loved that damn jacket. Even if it was worn and ripping at the sleeves again.

Ah, of course she'd been working. It was a dumb question and he mentally kicked himself for thinking it. At least the distraction walking and eye-shopping was enough to fade it from his mind. He didn't bother with browsing over long. He was only here for Reva's sake after all. And whatever she wanted to do, and wherever she wanted to go, he would follow her. He didn't have any problem keeping up.

"Good taste," Thade mouthed to Reva once she requested her power cells and Trudy trundled off to the back to find them. It was nice to know even she made an eclectic set of acquaintances. And not all of them were rat bastards like the smuggler beside her. Thade grinned just a tad, taking in the shop and all it's wares.  He wondered if there was a new contact to be made here.  There were always people looking for tools.

That thought aside, he moved to stand closer beside her, leaning his head in as if her speaking wasn't quite loud enough. But truly it was only because he wanted to be closer to her, to take in that essence he had been so mesmerized with before. Sure this was company time, but they were going to wait for a few minutes. Might as well enjoy it.

"The Vegas is an old ship. I won her in a card game not long after I came on Cancer when I was about..oh, say 19," he answered, smirking side-ways at her. He observed her from the corner of his eyes, only for them to flick briefly out the doorway, seeing Viper and his cronies walk by the shop. He was a much less scaly than the lizard man back on Edanith, but the tufts of is ears protruded from a long mane of green hair.

Viper was at least a head taller than Thade, and he was another smuggler of little repute, and hated the business that had been stolen out from under his snout on more than one occasion. Thade scowled at the other smuggler when his head swiveled around to look at him, his missing eye prevalent underneath the collapsed scar tissue, but he just knew one thing Viper was an underhanded bastard.  He wasn't going to be sour though, Thade was content to let the Lycanis do as he pleased, as long as he didn't bother him none.

"Sister is a part-time crew member. Helped me get established. I've made my money over more than a decade. You'd be surprised by how many people don't actually believe you want to make an honest deal, always expected to be cheated somehow. But a runner is only as good as their reputation. Treat your contacts right and they'll stick with you.  That was my philosophy anyway," Thade said.

"Which is why I realized I was being such a rat bastard to you.  I've dealt with people that acted like I did. So sorry for that.  I'm paying off that debt anyhow."  He chuckled. "Sister pilots another ship. You know that other vessel he lent us, the Strider, that's his and docks with a larger extension that makes it capable of intergalactic travel. I don't have anything so fancy."

He made a soft hum, eyes flicking to hers, locking for a moment before Trudy could be heard knocking objects over in the back, just as he was spidering his way over to the main floor, with a large steel box cradled over one shoulder.

Cheesigator

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2017, 02:23:24 pm »
Reva snorted when Thade complimented her taste, watching him with slightly raised brows as he came over to her. She crossed her arms loosely under her chest as he leaned down to speak more closely with her; she was usually pretty loud for such a small person, that much she knew, but maybe the din here was just too much for him to hear her, so she paid no mind to it.

She also didn't bother looking to where he had been, after all, why should she? If there was one place she felt comfortable and at home at, it was here, on Cancer. Besides, there were lots of interesting things and people to see outside, so she just shook her head as she grinned.

"19 huh? You must've been just a baby back then, considering you already look that young without your shadow." She teased, giving him a playful nudge with her hip as she leaned closer, their sides brushing against each other in a subtle move of familiarity and flirtation.

He looked back at her again and she smiled. Ah, so at least that explained his relationship with Sister somewhat.

"So what exactly does Sister do on his own then? Smuggler too, or just a full-time performer with more money than he knows what to do with?"

She paused a moment, contemplating his apology for a moment before giving him a soft smile. "Relax, you've been forgiven--for the most part."

She looked up at him with a smirk and their eyes met; for a moment, looking into the strangely colored depths of his gaze, her heart skipped a beat. She found herself leaning in just a little bit closer as her magenta hues flickered down to his lips for a moment, remembering the evening they shared and what passed between them in the parking garage.

Thankfully, Trudy showed up with a hefty box in his arms, fortunately bot looking at them as he dropped it onto the counter with a thud that snapped Reva out of it.

"Right, here you go Missy. This is what I have right now, I have another shipment coming in soon but that won't be for another week."

Refocusing on the task at hand, Reva glanced at Thade one more time before smiling and turning to face Trudy, their little conversation over. "That's alright, something simple should do it for now--customer paid for flashy, not powerful."

Trudy laughed and they went into their business dealings, slipping into light conversation and banter that hinted they had done this with each other a thousand times. He gave her the parts she needed for a decent price, and then she and Thade were on their way, stepping out of the stall into the busy street.

"Hopefully that wasn't too boring for you." She said with a smile. She had definitely eased up around him a lot since day one.

Offline Lion

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:05 pm »
"Sister is a full-time business man, or and drag really is just a hobby of his. But of course he has to be fabulous in everything he does. Question that and he'll knock a son of a bitch three weeks from Tuesday. Smuggling, body-building, performing, making sure people know not to cheat him, he does it all. And it's earned him a good living. I'm a little jealous, but at least he lets me crash on his couch, so it's not all bad."

Not to mention the fact that there was no one else that Thade would rather have at his back than Sister. If he was anything, one thing he was not was disloyal. And that Thade valued more than any of his other attributes.

Thade watched their dealings with mild curiosity, looking her over and having a hard time pulling his eyes away from her ass. He managed somehow and glanced outside, seeing Viper again from the corner of his eye, and the Lycanis grinned and vanished back into the crowd, walking away with his cronies. Thade growled and brushed his hair out of his face, he didn't have a chance to see where they were going.

As if that mattered. 

They were on their way again back to Galley La, and Thade shrugged. "Not too boring. You could be grating cheese. And that would definitely not be boring," he teased and nudged her side, letting his arm slip around her temporarily in an awkward side-hug. But he sure took his time pulling his hand away, letting it rest at her lower back before resting back at his side.

The walk back wasn't long and before they parted, Thade managed to sneak in a quick kiss to the cheek again before demanding lunch the next day.  Of course, he had to come up with some excuse to see her again. Not doing so would just make him a stalker.

The rest of the day came and went like a dream and Thade made sure to get up early and showered with clothes cleaner than yesterday before taking a shuttle back to Galley La. Except asking for Reva.  And the only thing he seemed to be met with was a quaking of something heavy and angry rumbling down the hallway.

And before he knew it, he was pressed against the wall.  "HOLY SHIT!"

Cheesigator

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2017, 09:49:25 pm »
Reva blinked at him, pausing in her step for a moment as they walked before letting out a light laugh, again one of the few he'd heard come out of her, as she shook her head.

"Grating cheese? Where do you even come up with these--" She started before he slid an arm around her waist and she shut herself up with a smile, returning the half hug with an arm around his waist as well.

He felt warm, oddly... Comforting. Relaxing, even.

When he demanded she see him again for lunch the next day she accepted with a playful eye roll and a smirk, commenting on how he just couldn't seem to get enough of her. Was her ass really that enchanting? Maybe it was.

Either way, she found herself still smiling even after he left as she finished her work day and went out one last time for an errand before they closed up shop.

Belliel was no little thing. At around 9'4" when she was on her fours, she was already intimidating, let alone if she stood on her hind legs or started breathing fire. Almost centaur-like in her build, she was rather long and snakeish, yet she had powerful arms and legs that gave her a stalkier appearance overall. She had two sets of large, bat-like wings, and a tail that fanned out into a large fin, similar in shape to an unfolded bird's tail.

And it was her who was already in a panic that day, and her who saw Thade and her whose vision immediately turned red. She charged forward without thinking, literally sweeping him off his feet and throwing him up against the wall, near ten feet off the ground with her hand around his throat as she roared in his face.

"YOU. YOU WERE ONE OF THE LAST ONES WITH REVA, WHERE IS SHE?! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY GIRL?!"

Smoke was churning from her mouth, and it smelled like hot, acidic flames, which where currently burning up deep within her chest, glowing orange through her otherwise mottled green skin. Her mess of hair was falling out of its already mussed up ponytail, and her purple eyes were wide and wild with fear and fury.

"M-Miss Belliel, please, calm down!!" Tenai was scrambling to catch up with her boss, dropping to her knees and bowing her head down as she hastily tried to bargain for their customer's life. "There is no evidence that it's him! He is a customer, you can't--"

Belliel dropped him and whipped around to face her secretary, tail lashing. "THIS SCUM HAS GOTTEN HER INTO TROUBLE BEFORE, WHO'S TO SAY HE'S NOT BEHIND IT AGAIN!? THIS IS MY COMPANY, I'LL DO WITH IT WHAT I PLEASE AND IF IT MEANS MAKING AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THIS MAN FOR HURTING ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES THEN I WILL!"

Tenai looked up at her boss with wide, frightened eyes, visibly trembling. It was rare that Belliel ever lost her temper, in fact nobody at the shop currently had ever seen her like this before; other workers by now had all heard the commotion and come piling into the lobby, frozen in the arches of the hallways, staring with wide eyes at their boss. Sure, she got agitated, frustrated, annoyed--but the only person who could handle her out of all of them was Reva.

And Reva wasn't here right now.

Belliel stared at the silent Tenai for several moments, the silence almost deafening, her breaths heaving and teeming with energy and bunched up emotions, before she finally broke eye contact first by looking around and seeing everyone, seeing the looks on their faces. It hit her hard; she was so panicked about Reva, she'd lashed out at her other workers instead. It wasn't their fault. It might not even be Thade's.

She took a deep breath, rubbing her face tiredly, taking a few moments to breathe in and out until the smoke had disappeared and the flames within her died down.

"Sorry--Sorry. Tenai, I--"

The young alien swallowed the lump in her throat and quickly got to her feet, slowly approaching Belliel and putting a hand on her lower shoulder blade, patting the reptilian skin there, looking over at Thade.

"Mr. Olyphant, are you alright? I apologize, we're all in a state of distress right now, as Reva has been missing now for over 12 hours."

When Belliel finally lifted her face from her hands, her eyes were wet as a few tears slid down her face as she looked over at the smuggler, her expression twisted with remnants of anger, shame, and pain. If there was anyone who felt responsible for this, it was her--she had rescued Reva, she had helped raise her into what she had now become. Reva was family to her, as was almost every worker at Galley La.

"She hasn't answered any of her various methods of contact, and all attempts of tracking her have turned up nothing." She said quietly, her voice a little hoarse, raw with emotion. "I apologize if I hurt you."

**For those who are curious, here is a picture of Belliel and Reva for size comparison. 8D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:03:08 pm by Cheesigator »

Offline Lion

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2017, 10:59:09 pm »
Few things made Thade terrified, but having an almost ten foot centaur-dragon like woman pin him against the wall with smoke fuming out of her mouth and nostrils in sheer rage definitely made his heart speed up in sheer adrenaline. She could easily snap his neck, or separate his head from the rest of his body.  And part of him was thoroughly expecting him too.

He couldn't get around to coughing up a proper answer. And all he could sputter out was, "I....DON'T....KNOW.....WHAT THE FUCKKKKK.....YER TALKIN.....ABOUT!" His face was already turning purple by the sheer force of her grip and his metal arm gripped at her wrist.  He didn't flail, and he just hoped against hope she would either make it fast or someone would stop this before he passed out.

Or wet himself.

Thankfully neither happened, and he nearly collapsed when she dropped him to the ground.  The blood was gradually fading from his head and the dizziness soon subsided. Thade pushed himself to his feet and he looked up into Belliel's eyes. "Reva's missing....?" the answer to the question was obvious and the very thought began to give Thade a cold feeling. And he never felt cold.

Suddenly he felt sick, like the room was spinning and he breathed hard, gripping at his neck where Belliel had held him. And the throbbing now set into his chest and ears, his heart pounding desperately. "Where did she say she was going last?  Forget me, I'll find her! I'll do something. Fuck! Anything!"

It didn't take long before Thade was running out of there at breakneck speed and heading back to where Reva had said she was going to be. The market, this early in the morning was quiet, and people were barely opening up shop. He stalked each stall, each doorway and the lighting that flickered above them and as he passed by a darkened alleyway, he paused at the mess he saw there. It looked like a passage between the main track and the other end of the market, some shops tucked away in nooks.

It was completely trashed. Everything thrown around, steel bent and broken, panels pulled off of siding, and red puddled in one corner. But no body. It was a lot of fucking blood. Thade searched the area, at it's sheer disaster. Yeah, this was where Reva had been all right. There could be no other person. He'd seen her work first hand back on Edanith.

But there was no telling of that blood was hers, or someone else's. Thade breathed hard, desperation building up. "Fuck!" he hissed and vacated the area as soon as he could. There were hundreds of people on that street, in that one day, and these shops were closed! It could have been anyone....

Making his way back to Sister's took way too long, and when he got to the door, he slammed his metal fist against it, sparking against the steel, and he was a sweaty mess when at last he found his key and shoved it open. "SISTER! SISTER! YOU BETTER BE FUCKING HOME!" Thade cried out as he stumbled inside. Except the apartment was empty.  Quiet, and clean...  And Thade collapsed on the ground, fingers digging into the rug, feeling himself burn with rage, with anger. At who?  At everything!

"Thade!  Ollie!" Sister said, coming into the door. Thade turned swiftly, leaping to his feet and grasping Sister by the shirt-collar. "Thade! Calm down!"

"She's fucking gone, Sister. She's gone! I-I-I found where she was going last! And...there's fucking blood everywhere! I don't know how or who's or why or what. Except that something bad has happened," he hissed, and gripped his friend's collar as if he could somehow strangle him and that would alleviate the pain.

Sister instead brought Thade into a snug embrace, and when Thade pushed away, Sister gave him a right shake. "Stop! Thade!  Listen to me, I know! I was down by the Arcade, looking into some interfaces for trade. And someone showed me an arm...  A pair of arms that looked rather familiar."  And Sister pulled them out of the bag on his back and held one up by the wrist - and they were smashed beyond functionality.  "Of course I bought them right on the spot. These are Reva's aren't they? Look, I got them from some No-Name down at the Arcade...  But they had a mark on em....  Looked like one of Viper's men."

"Viper...."  Thade glanced between Sister and the arms and reached up, giving Sister a big fat kiss on the cheek and slapped his face hard before bolting out the door.  He'd skin that fucking wolf. He just hoped he wasn't at all too late.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:06:50 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2017, 11:17:27 pm »
Her head was pounding.

The world kept spinning. What happened? She couldn't remember.

Her mind felt like it was trapped in a haze, like her brain was in lukewarm, murky water and no matter how hard she fought she couldn't break the surface. Hell, she didn't even know what direction was up anymore.

Her eyes would start to open, and dim lights made everything hard to see; her vision was blurred, and she couldn't feel her arms. She couldn't feel anything. Everything just kept... Spinning. It made her queasy, sick to her stomach.

She tried desperately as she faded in and out of consciousness to do something, think of something. Because whatever was going on, something was definitely not right. She didn't have to be fully awake to know that much. This wasn't normal, this wasn't the way she was supposed to be.

She'd start to remember bits and pieces and then fade back out and fall into unconsciousness again, and then come to a little and struggle to remember what it was she had been working so hard to think of before. It was a vicious, frustrating cycle that felt nigh impossible to break.

Focus, Reva, focus... What.. Where were you last..?

She... She couldn't remember. She struggled desperately to keep her eyes open.

She had been heading somewhere, doing something... Not at home but... The marketplace? Was Thade there? Thade had been there... Or was that a different day? Where was he?

She felt her eyelids starting to droop and snapped herself out of it with a gasp, the noise sounding too loud in her own ears.

She'd been going to the market, and... Some guys, some guys had cornered her, dragged her into an alley. She remembered the smell of blood, the rush of adrenaline... But past that, her memory was foggy, or not there at all.

Fuck. Shit.

She opened her eyes a little wider, squinting as she found herself looking at an overhead light; it wasn't particularly bright, but it made her head hurt worse. Her head lolled a little to the side and she looked around elsewhere; glanced down at herself.

She was bound to a chair, and she realized after a few moments that her throat and mouth were dry; she was gagged. Her arms were gone. The room was still a blurry daze that moved too slow and too fast at the same time every time she moved her eyes, but she had to wake up. She had to look, see.

There was a banging, clanging sound that made her flinch, shivering at how it rattled around painfully inside of her head, and then someone's voice started drifting over her, circling around her like a snake ready to squeeze its prey.

"Aw, looks like someone is waking up. Not yet, sweetheart, you're just too dangerous to keep awake, yknow? Back out you go."

She tried to wiggle, escape her bonds, but her body felt like a wet noodle; she felt the pinprick of a needle several moments after she saw it pierce her skin, and watched helplessly as some strange liquid flowed from the measured plastic tube down into her bloodstream. She couldn't even feel her own mind.

Couldn't have pushed away a butterfly, let alone this person standing right next to her.

It only took a few moments, as the person was snickering to themselves as they left the room again, door slamming shut, before things were already starting to fade to black. And then she'd have to repeat the process of trying to remember all over again.

Offline Lion

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:11 am »
The Arcade was always loud. And it got even louder when the No-Name's body came hurtling out from the backroom door, splintering wood everywhere and he slammed hard against a table, throwing drinks up from the surface. Blood spilled out from his lips and he looked dazed. Thade stepped over the mess and ignored everyone else that was staring at him. "You fucking better tell me now. Things won't end well for you," Thade hissed and he snatched him up by the neck.

"V-Viper! You probably know him already!"

"I do! Now tell me where he's hiding! Quickly! There's no time for fucking games!" Thade lifted him with ease as he set him up on his feet and pressed the thumb of his metal hand into No-Name's eyeball. The screamed briefly before hollering out.

"UNDER THE GAMBRIDGE OLD POOL HALL! F-FUUUUUCK!"  Thade growled and sunk his thumb in anyway and popped out the eyeball, yanking it from the man's skull and throwing him to the ground. He screamed still, slinking to the ground and hands desperately trying to push back the slippery organ back into his empty socket.

The Gambridge Pool Hall. It was an ethereal name for an abandoned shipping warehouse that had fallen into disuse and had once been used by several gangs here and there. And of course this was where Viper would have his hideout. This was where he would lead Thade. And this was where Thade would follow. But why the fuck did he kidnap Reva? Simply to draw him out? To melt her mind and break her arms?

It was all really fucking pathetic to Thade. There were easier ways to get his attention after all, better ways than fucking with his friends. And that was a question that could be answered at another time. Literally any other time than now. He just had to hurry. Once inside, the dusty building was none too impressive, cleaned out and over turned of anything useful and Thade took his time in assessing his surroundings, although his desperation told him rushing in would be the ideal thing to do.

The ideal way to get himself killed. A clatter from behind and he whirled around, seeing a rat crawling up from a hole in a grate on the floor. The massive building itself had offered nothing else.  Thade dropped down the grate with a faint splash, a tunnel opening up ahead of him and water rushing beneath his feet. Voices echoed up ahead and that's where Thade found more of Viper's goons, the markings on their neck's evidence of that.

"Don't tell me Vipe's gonna keep that slut all to himself. I'm gonna cream her the moment I get a chance. Fuck...I haven't had a good fuck in weeks," one of them griped as he scritched at his jock, adjusting his package and puffed on his cigarette. "Fuck man, my balls itch like a mothefucker."

"Wash them once in a while and maybe you'll get your fuck," the woman beside him huffed and spat into the water. "I fucking hate guard duty."

It was the only word she would say before Thade lunged at her from the dark and slammed her head into the wall, cracking it like an egg and letting her brains splatter out against the metal.  The other guard fumbled for his weapon and misfired into the water the moment Thade whirled on him, growling, savagely beating him until he was unrecognizable. "Cream that," Thade hissed and took the weapon in hand. These tunnels could spread out for miles he knew, and it was now that Thade moved more quickly.

Viper certainly expanded his operation since they last met. And keeping a hideout like this had it's uses to ensure that no other competition could find his merchandise, steal it, ruin it, whatever the case. No wonder Viper didn't make much in smuggling; he was too busy hoarding it down here.

Thade didn't bother being quiet, although he looked out for laser lights and traps and as he pressed forward toward an easterly path, Thade pulled Desi and Lucy from their holsters, firing on sight, taking off heads, hands, severing pieces of bodies left and right. It didn't take long before the news of an intruder came screaming to Viper. But Thade didn't give a shit. He wanted that fucker to know he was here. He wanted him to show his one-eyed mug, so he could watch Thade as he ripped his dick off and made the Lycanis eat it. 

“THAAAAAADE!” a voice hollered out from far of down the tunnels to his right. “YOU FUCKED UP BOY!”

Thade paused and raised his coilgun, the gun feeling far too hot in hand he growled, the weapon hissing and he shoved it back into the holster, pointing Desi up and firing a laser back to where he heard Viper. “Speak for yourself, you piece of shit,” Thade growled quietly and followed to where he heard the voice. No doubt that was where Reva was being kept. Viper's boys were dropping like flies and their forms stayed stock still in the mess Thade made of them. Up ahead there was a pressure door, wide-open and Thade bolted for the corridor, slipping around it and heading to where he heard footsteps rapidly getting away.

Thade screamed and fired blindly, the laser revolver spinning off another charge and scoring the wall just above Viper's head as he turned swiftly, missing by mere inches. “Run faster! You fucking snake!” he hissed and when he skirted around the corner, Thade took one step into the room, where he saw another pressure door closed up ahead, and just as he crossed the threshold, body half-turned, there Viper pulled hard on a cord, snagging Thade's feet out from under him.

He landed hard, his left arm flailing out over the threshold and from the corner of his eye he saw Viper stand and slam his wolfish hand on the button to close the door. Immediately the top half of the door slammed down on Thade's left arm, crushing the metal, and pinning him to the ground. Thade hissed as if he would feel pain, although it was more out of being trapped than any pain, and Desi had been knocked from his hand.

“If you wanted a meeting, all you had to do was gimme a fucking phone call,” Thade said, glaring up at Viper.

“Shut the fuck up, Olyphant. Don't you realize you can't fucking go through life and fuck people over. And expect to have it fire back at you!” Viper panted and reached for Desi. He admired the gun breifly and liked how it felt in his hand. He raised the pistol. “You steal my girl. I steal yours. Shame though. I thought I'd have more fun killing you.”

Thade jerked his leg and tossed it underneath Viper's and the Lycanis dropped down to the grated flooring. He nudged himself off his holster, remembering Lucy and plucking the gun from his side. Cooled now, and with half a clip left. And fired, splattering gray matter out onto the floor. “Kill me with one of my own guns? You must be out your goddamn mind,” Thade panted, groaning and looking at the state of the door. There was no way his arm was of any use now. He flipped a switch on Lucy, the coilgun hissing as it gained a charge and he tried to wiggle his head away from the blast as far as he could. Poising the gun against his shoulder, where some metal remained, he fired, and the energy tore apart the connection, freeing him, but leaving his arm stuck in the door.

He panted, pushing himself up and reholstering both of his guns. He snatched a keycard from Lycanis' hand and sliced it through the reader, a beep and switch hit later, and the other pressure door opened up, and there in a dimly lit chamber he saw Reva hunked over a chair, bound to it with chains and rope. He shot off the Lycanis' hand, pressing in one finger and revealing a claw. It was with that one swipe that he cut through the ropes and managed to yank the chains off of her.

“Reva,” he breathed, feeling for a pulse with his one good arm. He found one. It was faint but present, and he pulled the gag from her mouth.  “Reva. It's me, Thade. Let's get you out of here,” he said softly and reached down, pulling her up and over his shoulder, fireman style, smacking the button once she was secure and exiting the tunnels back the way he came.

Cheesigator

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2017, 05:52:55 am »
Reva was, for all intents and purposes, out cold for most of Thade's rampage. Who knows what she would have done or how she would have felt about hearing the gunfire, the death and carnage, or how she would have dealt with her own situation.

She probably would have been furious, and would probably still be furious when she eventually came to. Furious they did this to her, furious that she even needed saving. She might have eventually gotten herself out, the guards would have probably slipped up eventually, but the fact still remained that this had happened at all and that would have been the most frustrating to her. Again, that was if she was awake.

They had pumped her full of so many drugs, one more dosage too soon might have actually slowed her heartbeat to a stop. The sick fucks had no idea how to properly administer pain killers most likely, let alone heavy narcotics. Even in her blacked out state, she heard the sounds of a commotion outside that echoed off the walls of her head. But she couldn't tell if it was a memory, or if it was happening right now. When even was right now? How long had she been here?

When she was freed from her confines and her body physically moved, she started to briefly stir, but everything was such a blur mixed with the world's worst migraine she couldn't keep her eyes open much more than a millimeter before shutting them again, teeth grit.

It felt like she was being moved, was someone carrying her?

There were gunshots and a sudden whir of motion, she felt the effects of gravity and inertia pulling on her body and she recognized that she was in danger, but her powers were still do far out of her reach, there was nothing she could do, or at least nothing she thought she could do.

Meanwhile, Reva had started a cold sweat, her forehead burning up with a fever, side effects of whatever drugs they'd used to knock her out, and whatever it was it was damn good because the only thing she had done was groan once since Thade had picked her up.

She at least managed to open her eyes up enough once to squint, saw one of the gang members behind them and tried to summon her powers--she couldn't feel them but they were still there, somewhere. That much was clearly evident because the tunnel they were in suddenly felt as if a massive migraine-like force fell down on all within like a heavy blanket, limiting movement and threatening to suffocate anyone under its influence; the man behind them suffered death by exploding head, and the feeling lasted until Reva opened her eyes again, saw he was gone and blindly searcher around in her mind, finally finding an off switch that would leave everyone gasping desperately for air when the unseen mental force was lifted. Blood trickled out of one of her nostrils, but she couldn't feel it.

She wanted to panic, wanted to be afraid--what if this was permanent? Had she suffered some kind of brain damage?--but the drugs wouldn't let her, because they immediately pushed her back into unconsciousness for expenditure of energy.

She was, for the most part, completely useless right now. And gods did she absolutely loathe it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2017, 07:46:01 am »
Thade dragged her out of those tunnels as fast as he could, keeping himself in check, deep quick breaths to maintain him as he navigated toward the entrance. There was a flux in the atmosphere, a change in the air and he held his breath for however little or long it lasted. He wasn't going to let her just lay there and when he felt her body begin to jerk and shift. His arm doubled down on the pressure around her as he climbed up from the open grate and out into the warehouse, running as fast as his legs could take him.

He had to hurry, and in this district the closest hospital was more than an hour away. Despite it all, Sister's place was that much closer, and he could get there in ten minutes if he kept runnning. Fuck if his heart didn't feel like it was going to burst out of his chest. Thade Olyphant didn't give a shit, that wasn't what was important.

But fuck if he was going to pass out before he got to where he needed to be. Once he was at the door, he pounded on it feverishly, but Sister opened it after the second knock and pulled them inside. "Goddammit Thade! Oh...please don't die, Miss Reva," Sister hissed and watched Thade place her on the couch.  "I'll get the car! Come on!"

Of course he didn't question the fact that Thade only had one arm. There would be time for that later. Once in the garage below the apartment, Sister started the engine and was off, Strider zipping past everything else as they made it to the nearest hospital. Everything else was a blur after that. Doctors took Reva in quickly, noting the blood by her face that streamed from her nose.

Thade was angry and stayed angry and anyone that tried to pry him away from Reva's side was promptly slugged away from him. He stayed with her, watching from the window, as the heavy drugs were pumped from her stomach. The moment he was let back in the room, Thade was beside her.

He laid his head out beside the bed, resting it in the crook of his arm as he leaned over it and he watched her, hoping, waiting.

And reached up and squeezed her shoulder, or what was left of it. "Reva, please. Wake up," he breathed. "Come on."

Cheesigator

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2017, 08:34:54 am »
By the time they had reached Sister's, Reva was having slight shakes, and she was completely out of it. She remained out for the duration of the car ride, and it was only when she was in some kind of operating room did she start coming to, cycling again between bouts of semi-consciousness and passing back out again.

All she knew the few times she did start to wake was that everything hurt. Her head, every muscle, ever organ and bit of tissue; once or twice she would wake up enough, still foggy, but able to register the bright lights shining in her eyes and panic. Medical equipment sparked or stopped working, or the atmosphere would become heavy with telepathic pressure once again, but it only lasted a few seconds at most before she was out of it again. She had no idea where she was, what was happening, what they were doing to her. For all she knew she was still with the enemies.

The doctors were rightfully exhausted when they finally put her in a room and left her alone. She slept through it for an hour or two, before her subconscious recognized her head had cleared up enough.

It started with a sudden dull ringing that grew too loud too fast, and then she opened her eyes with a gasp, the lights flooding her as she threw herself onto her side and started to push herself up with her knees, coughing and wheezing. It felt like she had been drowning, for gods knew how long. There was a tube in her nose and IVs taped to her thigh, since she had no arms.

Every noise was too loud, every smell migraine-inducing, all the light too blindingly bright.

She curled up there for a second, on her knees with her forehead on the reclined hospital bed, trying to let everything soak in. There was a vibrating tension in the room, pressure from her powers undoubtedly. It blanketed the room like a silent and deadly threat, promising to kill anyone who startled her instantly with its low hum felt more by the body, mind and soul rather than heard by the ears.

A chair flew across the room, hurling itself against the door and splintering wood. She let out a heavy breath of relief, still panting desperately.

She looked down at herself, or perhaps upside-down at herself, and saw she was wearing a hospital gown. She slowly sat back on her heels and lifted her head, sitting up despite the immense pain she felt in her torso from doing so. The light was still too bright, and she had no hands to shade her eyes with, so she just growled and squinted. The buzzing, energetic presence of her mind subsided as she looked around the room and saw Thade sitting there, or what she thought might be Thade. It was still hard to see.

"Thade?" She croaked, her voice hoarse. "What happened? Are they all dead yet? I'm... I'm gonna kill them if they're not." She swallowed hard, her throat dry, and yet when she spoke next her voice trembled with rage. "I'm gonna kill every last one of those sorry motherfuckers."

Offline Lion

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:59 am »
Thade looked up when he saw Reva moving and although it was an explosive way of coming back to consciousness, he simply watched her and waited, content to let her ride it out until she turned around to look at him.

His eyes briefly met hers and saw the rage burning in them. And his lips curled into a small wry smirk. "They're already dead. I tore up the place pretty bad on my way in looking for you. I just wanted to get to you in time," he whispered softly, enough for her to hear but not disturb her.

"I guess I should have taken you back to Galley La, but I panicked. I just wanted to get you help in time." That rose slowly to his feet and carefully maneuvered toward her, sitting at the edge of the bed, and he slowly reached up to touch her cheek.

"How are you feeling?" It was obvious, but he wanted to hear it from her.

Cheesigator

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2017, 10:57:29 am »
Reva studied him carefully for a moment; the world got less blurry and spinny the longer she stayed still and didn't move her eyes, so he was starting to come back into focus as he spoke, and the lights didn't seem as bright as she started to slowly adjust until she didn't have to squint to see him anymore.

"Damn, fun-stealer." She grunted, looking away for a moment before she looked back as he spoke again and got up to come closer. Asked how she was doing.

"You're just lucky they shoved so many drugs in me, if I'd been any more awake those doctors probably wouldn't have made it out of the operating room, or whatever." She grumbled, closing her eyes as she found herself leaning into the warmth of his touch on her cheek. It was comforting, and right now she hurt too much to play hard to get.

"I feel like I was torn apart by a team of horses and then sewn back together again." At least she was honest. "Room keeps spinning, really annoying."

She opened her eyes again, flinching a little at how the lights seem to have grown brighter, before she got used to it and looked up at him, realizing something.

This was the second time now that he'd seen her without any arms--say what you want about her varying types of prosthetics, but all people needed to see was that she had limbs and they were usually fine with it. When she had no arms at all, people were unnerved by her. Called her a freak. So even though she was perfectly functional without them, she still felt naked, threatened, and... Maybe a bit ugly without them.

Yet Thade hadn't said anything about them at all. Hadn't commented even once, not that she could recall anyway.

Her gaze flickered down and saw the damage he'd taken himself, and her eyes widened a little.

"Thade, your arm. What happened?" That was right, he was missing limbs, too.

If there was anybody who would understand, it was him. That eased her up a little, but still, while she had extra pairs lying around back at home she'd built for just such an occasion, she wasn't so sure that he did, too.

Offline Lion

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2017, 11:36:05 am »
Trying to put the moves on her was the furthest thing from his mind right now. Although he wouldn't put it passed her to play hard to get, even now, in a hospital gown, armless, frustrated. Thade wasn't going anywhere anytime soon until she was in good condition. He tilted his head at her, making sure not to move too much or too fast as he shifted himself so that he could put his arm gently around her.

He coaxed her to lay against him. Nothing could make her ugly to him, not even missing arms. Even moments of a nasty attitude has only come about when it was perfectly justified. Like being bound and gagged. And kidnapped. And having her ship ripped apart, and then being kidnapped and bound again.  Oh shit, maybe he was a bad luck charm.

That chuckled a little at that thought, but he didn't want to over do it. "Well, we gotta be careful not to kill the people that are trying to heal you," he murmured and softly kissed her cheek. A light show of affection. "Because you had your stomach pumped. Might explain the sewed up feeling."

That was quiet, listening to her breath, and feeling the panic that had soaked into him quietly subside.  Some of it remained. "Oh...That old thing? I thought about replacing it for some time," he shrugged, laughing. "I uh...Tripped and got it caught in a magnetic door trying to get to you. I had to shoot it off to get out.". He shrugged again.

"Your arms however, a little mangled. Sister has them, bought them off some guy that wanted to load them off. That's how I found out where you were. Sister called Galley La, so they know you're alive." Thade looked at her more clearly. "You almost gave me a fucking heart attack, Reva. I didn't think I was going to find you alive."

Cheesigator

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2017, 12:36:38 pm »
She didn't hesitate when Thade offered her the comfort of sitting closer to him (she wasn't going to say snuggles because that sounded so... So childish.) But it was definitely appreciated. So she scooted closer, trying to be mindful of all the cords they had hooked up to her, which she found severely annoying, as she leaned against him, her head still heavy and throbbing with pain.

"Oh, lovely, I'm sure that was a lot of fun to watch." She said, assuming he'd probably been there, considering how clingy he could be sometimes--she didn't mind. It felt oddly reassuring. So she wasn't going to question it, because the only other people in her life that had been there for her like that were Belliel and her mother. Well, her coworkers probably would if they could, but they didn't want to overstep their boundaries, for good reasons.

"You ah, shot off your own arm. Wow." He'd been in that much of a frenzy to get to her, huh? That said a lot. She found herself blushing a little, even though she felt bad, and she looked away in the hopes he wouldn't see it.

"Well, considering what you did, I suppose I could always design you a new one--it's not like it's something I haven't done before." She said with a slight chuckle. "Don't worry about my arms, I've got other pairs, I can always upgrade those old ones later."

She fell quiet for a moment, considering his words. Had he really been that worried about her? They hardly knew each other, honestly. She cast a sideways glance at him, brows furrowed as she looked away again.

"You shouldn't worry so much Thade, it takes a lot more than that to kill me, trust me. I've tried." It was a shitty attempt at a joke, and it wasn't exactly untrue--she was rather reckless, or had been even more so even five years ago. She let her head fall back against his shoulder, closing her eyes.

"You know you didn't have to do that. Thank you." She wasn't going to kid herself; it might have taken her quite some time before she could've gotten out of there by herself.

Almost as if on queue before Thade could properly respond, there was a knock on the door before it was suddenly forced open, the chair skidding and clattering loudly on the floor as a green mass started to shove herself through the door. Reva flinched at the noise, opening her eyes and seeing who it was and raising her eyebrows a little.

"Reva!" The worry in Belliel's voice was unmistakable as the alien squeezed herself in, easily filling up the room--and she wasn't alone. Some of the Galley La workers were there with her, the top of the staff that Thade and Sister had been introduced to in the initial planning meeting about the Vegas included. They were all worried, visibly relaxing when they saw she was awake and functioning.

Reva blinked, feeling a little overwhelmed at the sudden presence of bodies in the room; she could hear a nurse outside distressing over her having so many visitors without hospital staff in there to keep an eye on everything.

"Shit, Bell, did you bring the whole company and some of my cars with you, too?"
"Oh, fuck off you devil. You had us all worried sick."
"Can't imagine why. I've been through worse."
"That's not--oh whatever. Here."

Belliel pulled a case from where it'd been strapped to her back setting it on the bed and popping the locks with her slightly-too-big fingers. Inside were the pair of golden skeletal arms Thade had first seen her wearing, as the pair that had been destroyed were her more "normal" looking of the few he'd seen her don.

"I know they might be a little cumbersome, but I know how anxious you get without something, so... Here you go."

Reva looked down at the case, smiling a little as they lifted themselves from the case and activated, the silicone gel inside of them glowing as the LEDs built in turned on and illuminated them with a slight aqua light. They situated themselves properly against her shoulders (or lack thereof), and she flexed the fingers, the case shutting itself. It still hurt her head like a bitch to use any of her powers, but she felt a lot better emotionally better having them there.

"I uh... Thanks. Sorry I worried you guys." She said a bit sheepishly, not used to being in this kind of position.

Belliel shook her head, turning her gaze instead to Thade. "I owe you another apology, Olyphant. And my sincerest gratitude, for finding my girl." She said with a slight smile as she reached out and gave Reva a gentle hair ruffle, which the smaller cyborg retorted to with an eye roll as she swatted the big alien's hand away.

"Oh stop, you say that like I'm your daughter or something."
"Well you kind of are."
"No I'm not, you're just getting senile, you old fart."
"Oh look who's talking, what are you now, 40?"

A pamphlet lying on a corner table went flying across the room to smack Belliel in the face.

"Not even close."

Everyone seemed to ease up even more, even chuckling a little as they saw the playful banter occur between the two that they were so used to. One of the men who'd introduced himself as Roy during their meeting with Thade and Sister cleared his throat and stepped forward.

"Well Reva, we're glad to see you're mostly okay. Belliel, I think you're ah, forgetting something."

Belliel looked at him over her shoulder, before heaving a sigh and glancing at Thade before quickly looking away and scratching at the stubble at the back of her head.

"Right, well, uh. Given the circumstances and all, and what you did for Reva, I've talked it over with my employees, and... We've agreed to knock 20% off of your ship's repair fees. Which means your payments are done; we'll make sure to have the Vegas finished up for you by the end of the week. The shipments have been rescheduled to come early, we'll get to work on it tomorrow."

Reva stared at Belliel with wide eyes for a moment, glancing at Thade to catch his reaction, before taking in a deep breath... And throwing a box of tissues at Belliel, hitting her in the face yet again.

"Am I really only worth 20% to you!? What is that, 30,000 credits!?"
"AH--NO--I MEAN--You're worth far more than that!! But he's already paid and we can't afford those materials out of pocket!! And I mean we kind of figured you'd also kinda be repaying him in your own way. I mean. Given how things have been going between you two--"
"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME, YOU FUCKING PERVERTS--"
"I MEAN WE JUST ASSUMED--"
"ASSUME THIS, GET THE FUCK OUT! GET!"

The other workers quickly saw their chance and ran from the room, while Belliel protested as she was literally beaten out of the room with random objects Reva kept throwing at her until the big alien was gone, and Reva huffed, blushing as she slumped a little against Thade, grumbling "Cheapskates..." Under her breath, yet she snorted, a slight smirk on her features as she shook her head.

Offline Lion

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2017, 03:16:26 pm »
He knew he didn't have to. He didn't have to do anything more than keep making the final payments on the repairs for the Vegas, on any upgrades he wanted, and never ever see Reva again. But the very fact that he wanted to was as completely new to him as it was to her, it seemed. Thade was thoroughly a selfish bastard where his interests were concerned. And he gained nothing by spending time with Reva, nothing physical or monetary anyway.

And saving her from the grasp of a rival smuggler, that...was startlingly heroic, especially for him. And Thade was glad to do it. He had no expectations.  Seeing Reva alive was gratitude enough; knowing that his efforts had not been in vain.

When Belliel entered the room, Thade grinned and stayed quiet. It was nice to see her boss could be an expert in congeniality when she wanted to. Because the sheer terror of smoke and fumes pulsating from her body was a little much for him. Reva was a little nightmare all on her own. But he could handle that nightmare. 

It was nice to see her with arms again, even if he made no comment on the fact that she had a worm-like appearance without them and that he found it more amusing than appalling. And even kind of cute if he had any other comment on it. But thankfully Thade just watched the exchange, chuckling.

Oh...then....oh. "Um...a 20 percent discount?" he asked, quizzical, and unsure what he really felt about that. Sure money in his pocket was nice. But instead he waved his hands up. "No, no. I didn't do it for any discounts. That's not necessary. I..."  He didn't really get to finish before Reva exploded on Belliel, and he leaned back to watch the exchange.

"Ah," he chuckled, smirking as the door was emptied and he glanced at her arms. She could support herself now, and yet still she leaned against him. He blushed a little and even as she finally calmed down, he took the opportunity to cup the side of her face, holding her chin up to look at him and he grinned cheekily at her.

"I have no expectations, but was there any water to that assumption?" he chuckled, leaning in and taking a long slow moment to kiss her, parting her lips with his, and pulling away only when he could nibble on her lower lip, letting out a deep-throated hum. "Not that I think you're that cheap. Oh no, Reevs. I'm perfectly okay with what I'm being charged."

Cheesigator

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »
Well, she hadn't really been expecting him to say anything about not doing it for a discount. Thade had never struck her as a heroic type, but considering he'd thrown away a perfectly well working arm for her and all...

She blinked, pulled from her thoughts as she felt his human hand cup her face and guide her to look at him, magentas meeting orange-purples.

That assumption? She stared at him in confusion for a moment, and then he pulled her into a kiss. Maybe she'd had a few screws knocked loose, but it only took a half a second for her to start kissing him back, letting him part her lips as she reached up, cold metal fingers gracing along his jawline before she tangled them in his hair and held him tight. She was surprised at how much safer she felt with him so close, how warm he made her feel. Was this a normal thing felt with any guy or was this something more special? She had no way of knowing--neither did Belliel for that matter, and she sure as hell wasn't asking her mom.

"Hm, well it wouldn't be fun if I just told you. That'd spoil all the fun." She teased with a smirk, letting her arms rest on his shoulders, fingers toying with his hair.

Then she realized something and blinked, leaning back from him and sitting up a little.

"... Did you just call me Reevs?" She asked with a flat stare. If so, she wasn't sure how she felt about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal