Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Social call [Open!]  (Read 914 times)

ARAD V1.0

Social call [Open!]
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:17:02 am »
Lyah took a deep breath as she poked her fork into the... Rather undestined substance that made for her dinner. It wasn't too good, but regardless. She didn't have much choice. This was more or less the only place she could properly concentrate. Look at her, actually studying for once, rather than winging it. She scrolled through the pad, taking in the information at a speed other people couldn't follow. The feline ears on her head occasionally giving a twitch or flattening against her skull.

Around her human ears, her head, sat a small headphone, blasting Nequit's newest album through her ears. It was handy, sometimes, to have two sets of ears. She could listen to music as much as she wanted. Her hearing through her cat ears was sensitive enough for her to hear someone approaching easily. With recent developments, she had to be on guard. Not that she looked any different than before, that is.

She took some of the mystery substance in her mouth, before frowning, looking down at her plate. Good grief. This was disgusting.

Offline Draconian

Re: Social call [Open!]
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:36:34 pm »
The amount of food he could eat was always impressive. Always has been. Today however, was before (his) rest day and he would return to his apartment and have something special for dinner. This was just a snack. The sight of ears like his caught him off guard a little, the hair was familiar. The scent was familiar but...

Hm.

Obviously a Candidate.

Taking his bowl of oatmeal to the table, he sat down across and to the side of the girl and frowned at her ears, his own swivling on his head to catch all the sounds. The sight of human ears made him tilt his head - ear included - and he dipped his mind into hers to get her name.

"Candidate Brin," He started, eating a spoon of oatmeal, ears betraying his delight at his snack, "Nice to see you studying. Have you been having troubles?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:49:18 pm »
Her ears twitched as she heard someone approach. And she closed her book slightly, thumb still hooked in between to make sure she didn't forget her current page. She paused her music and pulled the headphones down to around her neck. Even if she could perfectly hear him, it was considered rude to do so. So Lyah'd rather not.

"Good evening," she frowned softly. "Pilot Echo Nocturnis, no?" She inquired with a soft frown, before a small smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you. And not really, I just have to get up to speed with Aedolian history and such," she poked the meaty substance with a fork. "And everything to distract me from the taste, sir," she added with a soft smirk.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:05:36 pm »
"History?" His voice was soft and he ate another spoon of oatmeal, "I suppose that one is less interesting than psychic theory and how to master your abilities." Beauregard couldn't really remember anything but the basics.

"Its nutritional," he supplied, nodding to her meal, "Tastes sort of like cardboard jello but you get used to it," a glance to her uniform and he smirked, "Almost on your way to my drills, hmm? You'll get to be my guinea pig. Most humans can't leap very high."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:18:04 pm by Draconian »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:54 pm »
"It is," she answered, but shrugging. "But, it's also something I have to learn," Lyah quipped with a soft smile. "Even if it's less interesting."

She glanced down at her meal. "Maybe, but it's disgusting nevertheless," she replied with a chuckle. "And.. I'd rue the day I get used to it. My poor tastebuds." She added, before looking up at him, giving him a faint smile. "Almost, yes. And that sounds positively frightening, Pilot Echo Nocturnis."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 06:53:13 pm »
A smirk and Beauregard pushed his empty bowl away.

"Well, you could learn how to make do without food. There are probably worse things to eat. Try living two months on rations - In fact, I should suggest that to your mentor, give you a new appreciation for your body fuel, hmm?" It was a thinly veiled threat but he smiled through it and used a friendly conversing tone, giving a chuckle and his ears perking up. Poor girl had no idea what she was in for. If this was the worst thing she'd eaten... Luckily for her, her mentor seemed soft.

Or unlucky.

Beauregard would have to see someday. "Pilot Nocturnus is fine, and good. Can't have you being excited for drills now, can we?" He chuckled and looked away briefly, "So, you have those," He pointed to her cat ears - kind of like his,  "and those" He nodded towards her human ears, "How does that work," He looked at her forehead, trying to imagine just what that looked like. If she got TRIM'd he'd seriously consider asking for pictures of her head.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 04:42:37 am »
Lyah looked up to him, answered his smile with her own. Whether the smile was friendly or faked was hard to tell. But regardless. "Mayhaps," Lyah answered with a chuckle. "I realize what may happen. But the current facilities allow me to complain about it." She concluded, chuckling softly.

Seemed. Most of her training with Sterak had happened away from the eyes of everyone. And even now, every muscle in her body hurt. The demon king, by no means, coddled her. He rewarded her, granted. But the amount of pain she went through already was by no means the work of a soft mentor.

She chuckled softly. "Pilot Nocturnus, understood," she answered with a soft smile. "It's.. Two inputs. The feline ears are more sensitive to sounds.. I can know when I hear what. If someone walks behind me, while listening music, I can know exactly where said person is due to just listening," she explained. "It's weird.. But it's basically two inputs."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal