Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Pain isn't a factor any longer [M] [TW] [Cheesy!]  (Read 3058 times)

ARAD V1.0

Pain isn't a factor any longer [M] [TW] [Cheesy!]
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:43:03 pm »
OOC: Tags to @Cheesigator
M for gore, anxiety and depression, drama, romance and all that good stuff.

"Fuck," was the mechanical snarl ARAD V1.0 could only mutter as he glanced at the command console. Unknown input. Self destruct protocols started. He slammed his metal fist into the console, shattering the screen. Sparks flying everywhere.

So it seemed that was it, huh? This ARAD V2.0 bitch, that bucket of bolts, would've succeeded in killing him. The fucking nerve. A newer model being able to take the Prime version out. It was insulting. With a soft hiss, his reactive armour completely sealed against his body, his core systems locked in. If there was a chance to survive this, he'd take it.

He still had to destroy every last bastard that was involved in his creation. They killed him, rebuilt  him. But they failed to subjugate him. Their goddamn mistake. A soft cackle came from him. He'd come out of this and he'd burn the Syndicate to the goddamn ground.

"Two, one," the robotic voice counted down, before the small, personal cruiser detonated, exploding into a thousand small bits, flying everywhere. Including some of ARAD's bits. His legs, his arm, part of his thorax plating was ripped off by the explosion. His reactor softly hummed against the absolute zero temperature of space. But it remained active. But besides that, the first creation had succumbed. Booted down to drift aimlessly through space. For as long as his reactor allowed it.

Cheesigator

Re: Pain isn't a factor any longer [M] [TW] [Cheesy!]
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »
"Yeah, I know. But the bastard pulled a gun on me and hit the emergency eject before I could get them out of the escape pod, fuckin cheeky piece of shit."

There was a heavy sigh on Belliel's end of the comm link, while Reva chewed on a peppermint-flavored toothpick, carefully steering her sleek personal cruiser through space, heading back towards Cancer with the supplies she'd just bargained for to bring back to the shop.

"What a pain in the ass. Any idea where they went?" "Nah, I was kinda busy. He tried to shoot me. Very rude." "And?" "And I punched my fist through his chest, so we won't be doing business with Jaro anymore."

Belliel stared at her camera, therefor looking directly at Reva from where the hologram of the video feed was displayed on the dome windshield.

"Yeah that's fine. I found someone who has better parts for cheaper anyways." "So glad to hear you're not mad at me." Reva said sarcastically, before a flash of light caught her attention.

She blinked, reaching up with a golden skeletal hand, still stained with blood up to her elbow, taking the toothpick from her teeth as she looked to her right and saw a small explosion a ways away. "What was that?" Belliel asked.

"Dunno, I'm many things but omnipotent is not one of them."

"Of course, how could I forget."

"Looks like an explosion, probably somebody's personal ship. I'll go check it out, maybe I'll find some good loot."

"Sure, check back in an hour then."

"'Kay."

She flipped a switch and the call ended as she steered her cruiser to the explosion, bits of debris hitting the hull of her ship but doing little to no damage. And then she saw a leg float by her window.

"... Huh. Takes a strong body to stay intact after an explosion like that." She muttered to herself, watching another leg drift in the opposite direction.

She was sure that was somebody's fetish somewhere out there.

She eased the ship forward, watching the pieces of the wreckage fly by, propelled by the momentum of the explosion until they inevitably ran into something to change their trajectory path. She tilted her head to the side, something catching her eye as she narrowed her gaze.

Looked like a body, supposedly the owner of those legs. And an arm, which was floating who knows where.

She grabbed her helmet from where it was stashed under her seat, putting it on and turning it on to regulate her oxygen as she stepped out into the dock, the bay doors opening as she hopped out into the gravity-less open space. Using the small jets built into her arms she approached the person-like object, inspecting it from a few feet away with brows furrowed and a rather grumpy-looking frown on her face.

Droid. But he looked different from the standard models used in most modern societies; she drifted a little closer, using the thrusters to slow them down and keeping the two of them from drifting too far away from her ship. For the most part he looked intact; she snapped her fingers in front of his (presumably) face, found him unresponsive. But the lights on his stomach indicated that something in there was still working. She rolled her eyes; well, he'd be interesting to play with she supposed.

She gathered the rest of his parts, stuffed him into her ship, along with a few other pieces of scraps that could be traded or sold for a decent credit, and with that she boarded her ship again and set her course for Cancer.

Belliel's shop was large, easily big enough to host up to four massive army-grade freight ships in its main hangar, with plenty of room for smaller creations in its second. Reva's part of the shop was set in the basement, and this was where she carried her catch, much to the eyebrow raising of some of the other workers. She dumped the torso, legs and arm onto a table rather ungracefully, having carried him in one trip. It took about a week for her to put him together, working on him whenever she was bored or wanted a break from something else.

Finally she finished soldering a last detail; closed him up and looked for a power button, finding it and hesitating for a moment, before she shrugged it off and booted him up. If he got too unruly, she had the use of her powers and strength. Wouldn't be the first time she'd had something wreck her studio.

She rolled her stool back away from him, perched on it with legs crossed and chin in her golden metal hand, looking bored as hell as she waited for him to show some sign of life. Yawn.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:32:53 pm »
"Systems check initiated," his mechanical voice rose from the lifeless wreck as she forced him to boot again. "Weapon systems offline. Defragmentation matrix unresponsive. Pain inhibitors activated. Limb actuators slightly damaged. Repairs required."

With a deep, mechanical humming, one of the limbs moved up to rest on the table, pulling himself up. The droid looked around, head turning with a soft creaking. No idea where he was. And immediately, he was wary. Arad threw his legs from the table, before he dropped down on the ground, immediately collapsing again, a soft, pained grunt following.

"Where-.." Came the deep mechanical snarl. ARAD looked up to Reva, clawing at the ground to drag himself closer. "Who.. Are you? Another Syndicate creation?"

Cheesigator

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »
Uh-huh. Well he was mostly functional. Kind of. Good enough he could be repaired fully if she wanted, but she wasn't sure she'd like him enough for that.

She watched, unamused, as he fell onto the floor like a sack of potatoes and growled at her. Her eyebrows knit a little, her expression unsympathetic as she looked down at him, chin still resting in her hand; she didn't move.

"Dunno who this Syndicate of yours is, don't care. You're in the basement of a ship building company on Cancer. Ya dun got blowed up, son. You're lucky I found your ass floating out there in space."

She hopped off her stool, pushing it back and reaching down, picking him up by the collar and lifting him like he was nothing, setting him back on the sterile metal table he'd been on moments prior. Her studio was rather dimly lit, awash in blue-tinted shadows, random yellow-white lights turned on and hooked precariously on the rafters in the ceiling, spotlighting certain things. A station with a tilted desk with a touch-screen computer built in, holograms lit up around it and a soft song playing in the background that pulsed quietly throughout the space. It was an organized mess, parts and tools scattered everywhere, half-finished projects lying around on the counters that lined all four walls. It was a fairly large space, with island counters in the middle that were mostly cleared. The walls were covered in notes, half-sketched designs; there was a poster by the desk for a boy band. It was faded, peeling at the corners, and the members had dicks with mustaches scribbled over their faces along with 'Fuck off, Bell.' at the bottom.

She leaned in now, inspecting the remaining damages on his body and clicking her tongue.

"Ugh, if I'm gonna finish you I'll need to find a few replacement parts, that's so much effort." She grumbled, more to herself than him. "What's your name, Gimpy?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 01:49:36 pm by Cheesigator »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »
A slow , almost calculating hum came from Arad as he rested back on the table. So they either believed he was dead. Or that he was missing. But they had no idea where. The only one that could tell them was dead on some god forsake wasteland.

Good. A moment of respite.

His head tilted in her direction. "Heal me," he demanded. Arad didn't ask. Didn't try to bargain. No, he demanded what he wanted. He needed to be repaired.  He failed to notice his own misspeak. Robots couldn't be healed. Only repaired. A remnant of his humanity. "Immediately," he added with a soft snarl. He sighed softly. Or the mechanical counterpart of it, a soft, metallic hum. "Designation, ARAD V1.0. Or ARAD PRIME. Not 'Gimpy'." The cracks in his armour and hands pulsing softly. "And for fuck's sake. Turn off my pain inhibitors," he added with a snarl.

Cheesigator

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 02:36:34 pm »
She paused for a moment, finding his wording a bit strange, but the foremost fact was that he'd just ungratefully demanded she fix him.

She leaned back, staring at him with a look that said 'watch your fucking mouth' as he would suddenly feel an invisible force slam him down so he was laying on the table, staring up at the ceiling, and it held him there.

"Listen you ungrateful little shit, I don't have to do anything. So until you learn some fucking manners, I'm calling you Gimpy."

The force was lifted and instead it pulled him up, perhaps a little jarring in its suddenness as he was allowed to sit up again. She hadn't even lifted a finger.

However, unlike many people might have believed, Reva wasn't interested in torture, so she at least did as he'd requested and found his pain inhibitors, switching them off as she went back to inspecting him. She wasn't shy with touching him, lifting his arms, checking him over until she blinked, frowning and finding something at the back of his head; she gave the switch a flip and suddenly the visor that made up the droid's face lifted, revealing... His actual face.

It caused her to blink, momentarily dropping her bitchy demeanor as she stared at what appeared to be a human face in there. He wasn't half-bad looking. But it was a little disorienting, seeing his face stuck in an obvious robot's body.

"Huh. That's interesting."

She grabbed the visor and shut it again, finding that information she'd just learned otherwise worthless and of no use whatsoever.

"What reason should I have to help you if you're going to be a prick about it, hm?" She asked, perching on her stool and wheeling away, grabbing some papers and started jotting things down--rather old fashioned, she knew, but she liked the feel of it.

"I'm a busy person, it took me a week to get you this far and that was only because I was bored; I have no reason to waste my time on useless assholes." She said, without looking up as she used a hand gesture to catch her computer's attention, a hologram window appearing before her as she started browsing around for some of the parts she would need to complete this douchebag. If this was going to be a costly project she wasn't even going to bother.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 03:00:46 pm »
Arad only snarled in response as the telekinetics slammed him down to the table. "What thethe fuck, does Gimpy even mean," he growled. Torso creaked and groaned in protest as the otherworldly force pulled him up again.

Yet, as she switched off his pain inhibitors, something akin to a content growl left the droid. Relief, most likely. Because pain was never pleasant. And as Reva continued to inspect him, she'd notice most of his systems being odd. Efficient and extremely sleek. But odd. The arms followed a basic human bone structure, yet fluids that ran through them to keep everything smooth.

A frown came across the synthetic face. "What.. Did you just pull off?" He snarled thethe question softly. He glanced at Reva as she darted off again, the visor placed back again. And after that remark, he was sick of it. With an annoted snarl, ARAD pushed himself from the table, this time standing up straight. "Then don't bother fixing me, at all," he bit out in response, staggering for the nearest door.

The thing was, when she was looking up the parts. She could find nothing according to it. No replacement pieces. No serial codes. No released models that looked even remotely like him.

Cheesigator

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »
Reva ignored his shitty attitude and whatever stupid things he had to say; let him get off the table and start heading to the door, she didn't care.

She was too preoccupied by what she found, or rather, what she couldn't find.

She stared hard at her screen, the look in her eyes calculating, wheels turning. She couldn't find anything on this guy, absolutely nothing. She checked every database she knew, every forum every sales site, NOTHING.

Her breath hitched a little; she had a grin of absolute pure joy on her face as she stared at that screen.

That meant that he was something new. Top secret, brand new, full of untold wonders and yeah she'd figured he was strange when she'd first been putting him back together, playing it by ear and going by trial and error but this, this confirmed it, and right as ARAD got to the base of the stairs that invisible force pulled at him again, making him fly across the room until his collar was in her hand again, his arms and legs rendered useless by the force as she grinned at him, the look in her eyes no doubt unnerving.

"You," She said, carrying him back to the table and forcing him down onto it herself, tapping the center of his sternum with that excited grin. "You weren't blown up in an accident someone was trying to kill you weren't they? Why? Tell me right now because you wanna know what 'gimpy' means? It means you limp, it means you're a cripple because you're not going to go anywhere or do anything without my help so fucking tell me."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 05:38:13 am »
He didn't notice her grin. He didn't care for what was display, or what wasn't displayed on the screen. He had enough of this bullshit. He'd find

"I'm going to fucking end you," Arad snarled in response, glancing up to Reva. He glanced down at the ground again, struggling against her grip. "Defragmentation matrix stabilized," came the announcement, before he suddenly dissipated in a white red light. Appearing next to the door again. "I'm not your Gimpy, you sick fuck," he snarled. "I'm a rogue prototype. The guys wanting to kill me double as my creators."

With a soft hum and the sound of a laser being heated, one of the blades in his arm shot outwards. And whatever armour was left locked around his body. "I'm getting out of here," he snarled, turning around to slice through the door in one go, before stumbling outside. If he wasn't, by then, already pulled back into her arms.

Cheesigator

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:20:41 am »
Oh, he could dematerialize himself and teleport could he? He just got more and more interesting the longer he was awake, though she had to admit, his attitude was overwhelmingly obnoxious and annoying.

"Get back here you slippery devil," She grumbled as she used her powers to once again yank him back, though not before he'd destroyed her door, god dammit, as she held onto him by the collar again.

"Look look look, I need you to take a deep breath and calm down because you need to think clearly about this. There's not very many other places you'll find any engineers as good as me who also have the means to fix you up, do you get what I'm saying?"

In other words, yes, there were lots of builders and mechanics and engineers here on Cancer but very few of them had the tools, the space, the time, the interest, or the money to fix up such an incredibly difficult project such as ARAD.

She set him down on the operating table again, giving him a steady look. "We got off on the wrong foot; I'd like to fix you but to do that you'll have to cooperate with me and maybe be a little bit less of a prick alright? I'll even try to be nicer too if it makes you feel any better." More than a little would be nice but she sincerely doubted she'd get that from him. But Reva, offering to be nice? That was a once in a lifetime opportunity right there, considering she hated anything that wasn't Belliel or a non-sentient machine.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 10:49:59 am »
"Let go," he snarled, thrashing in her grip. But, he had expended most of his reserves already on the one shot he got to his defragmentation unit. So, he didn't get to resist against her grip or teleport away regardless. Though, he seemed to calm down ever so slightly as she spoke. "Fine," he he said with a soft growl after a short time.

"I don't give a shit about you being nice. But I'll cooperate," he let out a soft grunt. "For now."

And he seemed to comply, sitting down on the table. Waiting. Silently. Machinery inside softly buzzing. He constantly stared, for as far as she could tell with the visor, at Reva. Not once letting her out of his sights. But he didn't speak either.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:51:02 am by ARAD V1.0 / Dad: 76 »

Cheesigator

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
She rolled her eyes, alright well at least he'd agreed he'd cooperate, that was about all she could ask for from him right now. "Gee, thanks, I feel so honored."

But all snarky comments aside, his further lack of commentary let her own frustrations fizzle out as she started running diagnostics on him using her computers, working in silence but with a certain energy to her movements that suggested she was more excited about this new project than she let on.

The interface programmed into him was something she hadn't seen before, but she'd programmed enough in her time she was able to figure it out rather quickly after a little exploration, pulling up his system statistics and running scans, hooking and unhooking wires to him as necessary, completely focused in her work, until there reached a point where there was nothing else to do except wait for scans to run which would take another couple minutes.

She let out a slight sigh, leaning back against a counter and watching the progress bars of said scans for a moment before she glanced over at him.

"So you mentioned something about a Syndicate earlier, I'm assuming they're the ones that made you, huh?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »
"Just get it over with," Arad snarled in response. But, for the rest, he set there in relative silence. The only sound that came from him was the soft, rythmic humming of his reactor. His interface was confusing, it seemed to be inefficient for any droid. The amount of memory it took was massive.

And, there were compartments that seemed even weirder. Corrupted data files. Executables that seemed to be unable to be deleted, but served no purpose. And the coding was a mess. Incomplete. And constantly struggling against itself.

"The ones that killed me first. Then made me," he growled softly.

Cheesigator

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 09:56:29 am »
It seemed the deeper she snooped around inside this asshole, the more confusing and complicated he got, and she had only just started scratching the surface.

Her pink gaze slid over to him when he explained (shittily) that yes, the Syndicate made him.

"Ah, so you were a people. Once." She said, turning back to her screens as the scans started finishing. She took down notes of every error that popped up, saving the data files made by the scanning programs so she could look at them later, one thing at a time. This was going to be quite a long project.

"And you probably have no idea why or what their purpose is, do you?" She asked as she started digging around in his main drive, finding she couldn't look at many things because she didn't have access.

Meant that it was time to do some hacking and fix that, so she set to work. As soon as she was enabled as the main administrator she could take a look at whatever she wanted, but getting past his security systems wasn't exactly going to be easy, and would likely be a lot of trial and error. But she knew she could do it.

It just didn't make sense to her, however. Why start a droid completely based around a life form? What purpose would that serve? It would just be so much easier to build a new droid and program a personality into it, so what point was there in killing someone just to turn them into a droid? At least she understood his sour attitude a little better, but that really didn't justify it. A prick was still a prick regardless of what happened to make them like that.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:29 am »
"Yeah," he snarled softly, bringing his hand up to clench his fist, looking at it. "Once," he answered, before looking at Reva again. "A combat droid with the improvisation and creativity of a human," he answered with a soft growl under his breath. "Technology evolved. But it's still difficult to emulate an entire human mind. They wanted to make me and sell me to the one offering most."

He shook his head, the metal groaning against itself as he clenched his fist tighter. "They didn't expect submission programming to fail," he answered with a soft snort. "Don't get.. Rid of anything." He said with a soft grunt.

Cheesigator

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »
What he described reminded her of a really old psychological horror video game made back before space exploration was a feasible option, long before either of them had been around. About the few remnants of humanity left on the planet after the apocalypse, and how they transferred their brains into computers, in an effort to launch their consciousness into space for survival.

She glanced over her shoulder at him, seeing him flex his hand. She looked back at her computer monitors, eyebrows knit in that grumpy look that seemed to be her default expression. Her resting bitchface powers were over 9,000.

"I see. Well," She shrugged her shoulders, not really sure of what to say. If she should offer consolation, or tell him to get the fuck over it. She opted for the middle route of the two.

"I was never completely human to begin with, but after the shit humanity has done to me I don't think it's anything particularly worth yearning over. Sorry they forgot to give you your dick back, though. Sucks."

After a few attempts while she spoke she was finally able to give herself full administrative positions over his system, and she took his words into consideration, but didn't specifically state whether or not she'd listen. She wasn't moving anything around just yet, just trying to dig deeper into his coding to figure out why he was made the way he was, what purpose this strange, clusterfuck programming served.

"Heh," She snickered suddenly, though her voice was dry as she said it, "Guess that makes both of us cripples." She wasn't sure why she found that funny, but she did.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 01:53:31 pm »
A mirthless chuckle resounded from Arad.

Did... He just chuckle? Actually chuckle? While out of combat or not laughing at some little shit that thought they could take him? That was odd.

"Well, it doesn't just keep at a dick," he answered with a soft shake of his head. "But I'm sure as hell that those bastards will pay. I'll make them regret their submission programming failed." Arad glanced over at Reva. With another mirthless chuckle at the prospect of sweet, sweet revenge, the droid rested back again. His reactive armour slowly hissing shut, before opening again as she worked, letting out plumes of steam.

The purpose of the clusterfuck of programming, became overtime more obvious. The files seemed to be frequently activated. But the purpose of these were far darker. Functions to switch off pain inhibitors, increase reactor output.

And some very peculiar files that would serve as something that would make Arad hallucinate. A completely new world. Filled with nightmarish beings and nothing but decay and ruin. "Each in its own right, huh," he answered with a soft snort. "How long are you gonna poke around in there for?" He inquired with a soft frown.

Cheesigator

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 02:08:04 pm »
Ah, revenge. She'd never bothered.

Kill one horrible person, twenty more pop up in their place.

Sure, she'd killed some of the fuckers who destroyed her, but it had mostly been on accident. She tilted her head as she looked at her computer screen, reading the coding in-depth and shaking her head a little. Why would they specifically program a droid to hallucinate? What purpose would that serve?

"Till I figure out why they made you like this..." She grumbled, almost quiet enough he could probably barely hear her response.

"Tell me, do you ever see things? Have nightmares?" She asked suddenly, as she started re-organizing the files into folders to try and clear up extraneous cached data that was ultimately useless and slowing him down. Like throwing away old receipts to places that didn't accept returns--old transactions that were done and over with, a pointless form of recorded data that served no purpose except to take up space. Spring cleaning.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 02:35:48 pm »
"Made me like what?" He inquired with a soft frown. "You mean the submission programming? Yeah. I have nightmares. I see shit and go uncontrolled. I can ignore it most of the time," he said with a soft sigh.

"When I go in overdrive, it's practically the submission programming kicking in," he explained easily. Not that there was anything to be done to it. The files were intwined. If she'd deleted even one of those corrupted ones, other, vital files would become corrupted as well. And she'd have done practically the same as making him braindead. "Hope that answers some questions."

Cheesigator

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 02:49:56 pm »
She stared at her computer screen for a moment longer before she slowly drew her gaze back over to ARAD where he sat there on the operating table, acting like everything was perfectly fine.

How was seeing hallucinations and going into random, uncontrollable rages fine?

"I'm just trying to figure out why they made you in the most stupidly inefficient way possible. You know, I could reprogram that, right? Make the hallucinations go away?" She said, flatly, and with a hint of mild irritation.

She thought his programming was utterly stupid. Not in that it was done by an idiot, no, rather they had done a pretty damn good job of making it difficult for any normal computer nerd to go in there and tweak his programming, which had likely been the entire intent of why they tied certain files, like those regarding his hallucinations, to integral parts of his core system. You couldn't just step in there and click around here and there and magically fix the issue because they didn't want anyone to fix him.

That was why it was stupid. It was stupid because it was a pain in her ass and she'd much rather they'd done things the simplistic way and not been such selfish asswipes when they made this guy, who was also a selfish asswipe.

She could reprogram him and essentially take those parts out, but it would mean redoing entire sections of his basic coding, by hand. Which could take months. Years, even. Not because it was difficult, just a slow process, and she could only afford to work on ARAD in her spare time, because she kind of had a job, and he was not a part of that job.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal