Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: All The Stars In Between  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: All The Stars In Between
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2018, 11:45:28 pm »
There was no regret that she'd woken Mars up.

Cordelia chewed on her lip and stared down at the ground, coaxed her fingers through her hair before she felt herself being tugged forward. Was he hugging her? Cordelia sighed and closed her eyes, moving her real hand from her hair to his, carding her fingers through it and pulling his head to her stomach in a strange pseudo hug.

"I woke you up," She said, her voice soft and she let her head droop before she started to move. Cordelia sighed and crawled from his embrace, one leg on the bed before she grabbed his arm and started to drag him down with her. "And we destroyed my ship and..." Cordelia sighed and tugged Mars so she could coax him down, "You need to sleep. We need to sleep. Maybe you'll find answers in your dreams." It wasn't a big bed, but if they smooshed together it'd be fine, "You can have most of the pillow," She said, smacking the cool pillow with her hand. "I promise I'll stay right here and everything but my legs are pretty warm."

Offline Lion

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2018, 02:57:26 pm »
Mars tried to still himself, still his mind and push away the sorrow he had in his gut at the careful realization that he might be the last one of his kind. Nothing else made sense, and wrapping his head around it only made him physically wrap his arms around Cordelia even more. She woke him up, found him, and decided to help him. She didn’t even know him, or what he was. He had been responsible for the loss of her ship, and now they were stuck in a place she hated because of him. It was his fault, and yet here was she was still, allowing herself to be coaxed into a hug and even somewhat hugging him back, carding her fingers through his loose blond hair.

Mars felt a small shiver go down his spine, feeling cold even with the recycled air of the space station around them. He still felt cold, still felt the icy grip of that contained cryopod and the ports on his body being pumped full of Hydra and his brain throbbing with the ignition of a thousand racing thoughts. Instinctively his arms curled tighter around Cordelia and he whimpered, feeling pathetic and wasted. A husk just like the ship, that last ditch effort to save his people.

And now he was alone.  Or so he assumed.

How long had he even been asleep? How long had the others been dead and why was his pod the only one that remained intact?  The answer would change nothing, even if he wanted to know why beyond anything else.

He didn’t know when it happened, and he couldn’t say if asked, but he eventually fell limp on the bed, exhaustion taking hold and sleep making his stretch out onto the bed, feeling Cordelia beside him and instinctively tugging her closer, so that she was practically on top of him. He was swimming thought those same racing thoughts, hearing them from distances you could only envision in your dreams.

There were fires across those stars, glittering in the dark, igniting portions of black where it cut through it and scored across metal ship hulls. Screams pulled and muted the second that hull was broken, yanking out crew members like specks of dust. Fire burned and ships no longer manned collided with one another, become debris. Becoming husks. Mars felt that connection still, threads of a voice he knew so well.

“Come and find me,” it called out. Strong and familiar. “Edanith.”

Mars jerked awake, his eyes popping open and he felt his heart was racing.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2018, 10:57:10 pm »
It didn't take long for Cordelia to pass out. It never did. If there was a super power that Cordelia had besides knowing how to Pilot a ship, it was falling asleep. Cramped space? Pass right out. Loud? Pass out. Man with arms curled around her making noises and kinda moving around a bit? Pass out. Though, the most current of sleeping situations was in fact the most comfortable. Her face was pressed to his chest and she could hear his heartbeat in her dreams.

Like usual, they weren't pleasant dreams. They weren't bad either. Always, always, she woke up uneasy. Remember that the world looked like it had been underwater. Faces. Cordelia was convinced she lived a life as a fish in her dreams because she knew she was always underwater. Woke up thirsty for air and her eyes snapped open, one leg thrown over Mars's waist, her head pillowed on the middle of his chest, heart beat thumping away in her ear.

Cordelia didn't move, didn't want to leave the warm pillow with the comforting noise but...

Was he having a nightmare? Maybe? Cordelia gathered her hair over her shoulder so she didn't pull on it and moved slightly to wriggle upwards and rest her head on his shoulder, watching him.  Having been resting on her side, she moved her real flesh and blood hand to rest on the middle of his chest. Observing more than seeking to help.

Pale golden eyes were on his blue when he finally snapped them open and Cordelia moved her thumb up and down in a lame attempt to be comforting. "Are you okay?" Cordelia's eyes were hooded and sleepy and she breathed slowly before resting her head on his shoulder again, tired. Exhausted. Going back to sleep would be easy and she had a keen interest on doing so. "You looked like you were having a nightmare. You awake now?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2018, 10:55:37 pm »
His heart was still battering heavily in his chest and adrenaline wanted to rush to every limb and appendage. Yet when his eyes fell upon hers, those pale golden orbs, he panted softly and forced himself to ease into the bed, resting his head back down against the frumpled pillow that was slightly damp from his hair.

"I don't think so," he said with a stern note of resoluteness. "I mean...I'm sorry. Yes I'm awake."  He shifted underneath her, lifting his head to look down at her where she rested in the crook of his chest and she rose and fell with each breath.  "I had a dream. I think it was a dream anyway. I saw familiar faces engulfed in flame.... My friends were dying.  And I couldn't help them.

"Edanith. Do you know that name? What is it?"  Mars shifted around so that he could sit up, forcing Cordelia into his lap so that he could look at her more clearly.  His arms fell to her shoulders, where metal came to his hand and his fingers tenderly squeezed her fleshy shoulder.  His eyes fell onto hers, locking gazes as if he wanted to just delve into her mind, flay it apart and take the information he could.

In theory he could and if he were anyone else he would have. But it was getting hard to focus, and it was taking everything he had to keep the faint thoughts and voices from without their room from seeping into his mind.

"Cordelia, tell me the truth."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2018, 12:21:59 am »
For some reason, it never occurred to Cordelia that Mars was as strong as he looked. Stronger, even. When he sat up, he took her with him, light as a feather. She blinked at him, sleepy still, eyes lifting slowly before falling closed for a moment in a lame attempt at resisting just resting her head on his shoulder for five more minutes of sleep.

Cordelia pushed her hair over her shoulder, the black strands getting tangled between her fingers while Mars spoke. Edanith. A confused look was on her face and she just... Watched him. Watched him watch her and she frowned slightly and pursed her lips.

"Edanith?"

She'd never been there before, but she'd heard stories of it. "I think that's the... "She rose a hand to press her index and middle finger against her temple, "They put something in mages so they can't do magic. And... Someone uses it for them?" Cordelia shrugged, she'd never been interested int he details so all she knew was the basic storyline to Edanith. "Slaves," She said softly before lifting her head and looking up at Mars, taking in his image.

Slowly her real hand lifted up, drew her thumb over his chin, cupped the side of his face. "Do you want to talk about your dream? You know it was just a dream, right? Nothing in it happened while you were sleeping." She tried to smile, ignoring that when she dreamed it was usually some long forgotten memory clawing it's way to the surface. "C'mon," She gave his shoulder a squeeze but made no attempt to remove herself from his lap, "Let's get food, a ship and we can get you to Edanith and as long as you're not a mage - you're not a mage, right? - we'll be fine. I think. I probably have a criminal record but last I heard Edanith used horses still."

Cordelia, of course, had heard incorrectly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal