Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Odd Jobs (Open)  (Read 536 times)

Tacocat86

Odd Jobs (Open)
« on: September 15, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »
"Come again sometime!" Louis shouted to his last customer as he left. He smiled broadly, Another satisfied customer. He looked around the overcrowded market and deeply inhaled, smelling the millions of odors mix into a concoction of scents that was unique to the Cancer. It was mid morning, and already it was crowded beyond any reasonable amount. This morning he had decided to wear a sharp blue suit with white slacks, a bit old fashioned but he honestly liked the look. His silver skin shined in the light and his grey eyes twinkled. He had a nice small booth in the marketplace that was littered with random objects. Some of them were unique rare pieces, worth ridiculous amounts of money, and others were just plain junk. In the back of his booth there was a rack of weapons, with custom made parts that were vastly superior to most other common weapons. The main attraction of his booth however was a small tablet with a list of names and requests on it.

The names were his clients and the requests were what brought him joy, requests for all kinds of odd things from all across the universe. Some were just custom weapons, and others were for artifacts and some were just plain weird. Anyone could leave a request, and they could put down any name, no matter what thier real name was. Louis didn't care about money, he just loved his job, whether it be traveling halfway across the galaxy to find a relic, or whether it required him to be up all night tinkering, no order was alike, and his customers almost always came back for more. Any price he was offered he accepted, and he always came through on a deal. In a few days he would leave in order to fulfill the requests, but until then he would stay in his little shop and wait for anything that should come his way, no matter how bizarre the request, or how dangerous the mission, he was prepared for it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:30:12 am by Cl4P-TP »

WarhawkZ

Re: Odd Jobs (Open)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:38 am »
Annoyed and in a down right hellish mood, Warhawk made his way from the dry docks to the market. Dressed for a brawl in a tank, jeans, and boots he saw or heard people rapidly part like fleeing rats. "Fucking bastard." he grumbled. Which was followed by everly increasing derogatory words in several languages.  Rounding a corner he checked his stride as an elderly female tettered by. 'Move your fucking ass old lady!' he mentally snarled. Once she passed Warhawk continued on. Adjusting the duffle's strap on his shoulder, he recalls everything in said duffle and redoes the math for his repairs. Getting the same number as the few times he ran them, he slowed.

"Damn fuckers nearly ruined my Raider." he said, as he reached the shop that a contact suggested. Taking a few moments to reign in his temper Warhawk shouldered through the door. His dark gaze, which he made sure wasn't his normal death like state, landed on the shop' proprietor. And instantly took his measure, 'Seems happy and content. Let's see what he'll do with this.' "Heard from a contact that you'll take anything of value. So what can I get for these?" he inquired, setting the duffle on a clear-ish spot. Opening the bag, the rare metals, gems, stones, and any ancient bladed weapons poured out on the table.

Tacocat86

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »
Snapped out of a nice daydream, Louis looked at the things that had just been dropped on his counter and whistled lowly. He quietly picked up one of the gems and shined a light through it, then set it back down on the table. "Hot damn boy, Where did you pick these up?" He said as he lifted the blade and tested the balance of it. He looked hard at the assorted pile before him and put his hands on his hips with a surprised look on his face. "Would you give me a moment please?" Louis ran to the back of the booth and began to go through his things until he found a thin metal briefcase. He walked back to the counter and shook his head.

"This is 97% of the money I have, and It still isn't enough to cover the price of these items. I'll tell you what though, you can look through all of my wares, and take any two items you please." Louis kept a nervous smile on his face, the customer didn't seem to be the type to take bad news well. He opened the briefcase and showed it too Warhawk. "Think about it, one hundred million credits, and two items of your choice, some of which are worth an incredible amount of money. I really would like to add your wares to my collection, so just consider." All of this was said with a smile on his face, and a happy look in his eyes.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:12:34 pm »
"Most of these I received as payment for a job." Warhawk replied, closing and taking briefcase. Letting the case hang hang over his shoulder from a finger, he scanned the shop for anything that might catch his interest. His gaze stopped on a pair of oversized plain looking dagger. Going over he inspected them closely, while subconsciously remembering the daggers he had on his home world. 'While not the same, these will do nicely.' Warhawk thought as he flipped the daggers into a reversed grip in his free hand. Pausing, he returned the counter. Slipping the new daggers in his belt, held out his pad, "Contact info, incase I need to a quick value appraisal on anything I might come across."

Tacocat86

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:36:55 pm »
"Hmmm" Louis grabbed the pad from Warhawk and began to input his personal contact information. He noticed that Warhawk had gone for two daggers that Louis had forged himself a while ago, he smiled knowing that they would be used for once. As he began to hand the pad back to Warhawk he asked, "So, what kind of a job are you off to now?"

WarhawkZ

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:22:51 am »
Warhawk shrugged and tilted his head to one side, "I won't know till my ship is repaired." Taking the pad, he slipped it in a pocket. "Thanks." he said swiftly turning on his heels and exiting the shop to return the dock yards. 'I'll be returning to Louis's shop.' he mused.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal