Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)  (Read 7496 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Re: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2015, 02:07:41 pm »
''It isn't...'' Farren replied as the paramedics put a breathing mask on Emily's face. The girl had lost consciousness once more.

A bucket of ice was opened which was used to start cooling Emily down.

It were a long ten minutes to the hospital and Emily got quickly loaded out. But after going through a few doors, nobody but the paramedics and doctors were permitted to enter. Emily's blood was sent to the bloodlab for a few quick tests.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2015, 11:22:42 am »
The ride over was mostly silent, Evadne simply content to stay by Emily's side to give moral support. Her expression was worried, but remained calm nonetheless. Once there, Evadne and Farren were directed to a waiting room where the star took a seat then. The room was filled with a few others, but none paid any attention to them except for a young boy who came over to the Flameling, curiosity in his eyes.

"Are you a star?" he asked shyly.

A little surprised, the luminescent blonde woman looked at the child kindly. "I am." she smiled at him. "And who might you be, young one? I am Evadne."

The boy grinned widely and exclaimed loudly, "My name is Matthias! But my parents mainly just call me Matt." He looked at Evadne curiously again. "Are you here granting a wish?" he asked.

The perceptiveness of the young child was rather astounding, Evadne thought. She smiled at him again and replied. "I am here on behalf of a young girl around your age. Might I ask how you know all this?"

Matthias piped up once more. "My daddy was visited by a star years ago! He had red hair and glowing orange eyes. You remind me of him."

"Is that so? How very interesting. It is a shame I was not there to meet him then." Evadne mused.

"Daddy had been sick and Pyrrhus cured him of it! That's the star I mentioned before! He's all better now!" The little boy looked so excited to see another star he was all but glowing in enthusiasm. "I'm sure he would have loved to meet you too!"

"Matthias! Get back here!" An older woman, possibly his mother scolded him and the little boy ran back over with an apologetic look Evadne's way. "What I have told you about talking to strangers?" she shook a finger at him in warning.

"But mommy, she's a star! Just like Pyrrhus is!" the boy interjected with a whine.

The woman sighed irritably. "I have told you many times before, that it was the doctors who cured him, not some faraway glowing ball of light. And no buts!" she narrowed her eyes at her son who looked about to protest. "Stars do not come down from the heavens, you are getting too old to believe in such nonsense."

"But--" Mattthias argued, but it was a futile attempt.

"No buts about it. Now sit down and wait like the rest of us here. Your sister is very ill and we have to wait until the doctors let us see her. Not another word about stars and other such ridiculous notions." the woman resumed reading her cooking magazine, Matthias looking extremely put out now.

Evadne gazed sadly at him, and silently gave a small blessing of her kind in her head for the little boy's sister to get well soon. After that, the room fell silent again as she resumed her wait to see how Emily was faring. It could be awhile but time was irrelevant to a being who had lived for as long as she had.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2015, 12:04:46 pm »
''There is nothing you can do for that boy's sister is there...'' Farren asked. He was not certain how Stars worked. Evadne had responded to Emily's wish. But would that mean Evadne could do nothing for others?

Farren pondered briefly for a moment before he excused himself briefly. The other servants including Farren's wife had arrived as well. But no parents yet.

''Any news about Emily?'' a servant asked Evadne since Farren had not yet returned.

Farren had went to the informationdesk and asked for someone. He was to far away for the rest to hear but the man at the informationdesk suddenly got on his feet quickly and spoke about doing something right away.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2015, 05:41:30 pm »
The Flameling watched Farren leave the room, her eyes sad. "I can't." she whispered softly, after he was out of earshot. And it was true. Only some stars had the power to heal and restore, while others could directly grant wishes. But Evadne was not one of these. While a star, she was not among the most powerful of her kin and the only way for her to fulfill Emily's wish was to carry it out herself, which would not be an instantaneous process.

But what Evadne could do was petition the others using Star-Prayer and see if one who could was available. But it was not always a surefire plan, as only a small fraction of stars could actually descend to earthly ground.

The celestial being looked up as the other servants entered.  Sorrowfully noting that the little girl's parents still had not shown up. Evadne shook her head at the servant's question. "Not yet." she replied. "I do not know where Farren has gone to though. But I would much like to see her." As would they all she knew.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
''We all would like to see her. Preferably awake and joyfull. But we need to wait till she is out of surgery.'' One of the maids replued.''As for Farren. I think he is pulling some strings. The Khahsuul family are rather huge stockholders of this hospital.''

Farren returned about half an hour later holding a tray with cups of coffee offering everyone one. It was not until a few hours that a doctor visited them and Emily's parents were still not there.''Surgery was succesfull. Lady Emily is resting now and will wake up soon from her anestetics. Appearantly there had been an infection in her abdomen and had been active for a whike causing bloodpoisoning.'' He explained.''She is not exactly out of danger yet but Emily will be bound to a wheelchair for a while. You can follow me to her room.''

Stardancer

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2015, 04:41:14 pm »
The star nodded solemnly and continued to wait. When Farren came back offering them cups of coffee, Evadne politely declined as she did not want any.

Standing up when the doctor came in to announce the success of the surgery, Evadne exhaled in relief and smiled gladly. "Of course. Lead the way please."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2015, 06:17:39 am »
The doctor nodded and directed Evadne, Farren and his wife to the room. Not allowing more people because it would be to busy for Emily.

There were no other people in the room currently other then a few nurses checking the machinery which would monitor Emily's vital functions. Emily's broken leg was strapped so she could not move it and one of the machines revealed her heartbeat. The intravenous therapy had just finished being set up. A nurse spoke to Emily who seemed to have woken up. She looked tired and her eyes were a bit dark. ''Look. Your friends here here. You will be alright. If you need anything just push that button I told you about alright?''

Emily nodded and thanked the nurse. her voice did sound a little bit dry but she did smile when seeing Evadne and the others. The doctor and nurses left after they had checked the machinery one more time.

''Hey sweety. How are you feeling.'' Farren whispered who placed down stools for his wife and Evandne to sit on. ''Tired... but a little better.'' Emily replied softly.

Stardancer

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2015, 07:30:07 am »
"That is well." Evadne replied, taking a seat on the proffered stool. Smiling kindly at Emily, the Flameling's eyes sparkled in both relief and warmth. "You take all the rest you require, alright?"

Looking over to the closed blinds and curtains of the full-length window, she glanced back at Emily. "Would you like for me to open the blinds a little to let some light in?" Seeing as the room itself was pretty dim, except for the bright screens of the machinery and Evadne's own starry glow.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »
''I would like that.'' Emily said softly.''On it.'' Farren said as he was the only one still standing. When he opened the curtains he noticed it was dawn. The soft pastel light colorung the room with the last star and moonlight.

''The doctors said it could take a while for me to get better...''

''No need to worry about that Emily. Take the time you need. Relax. Get better.''

''But what about my mom and dad...'' she asked knowing thar they would want her to resume her studies as soon as she could.

Stardancer

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »
Evadne looked at Emily kindly. "It is alright Emily. The most important thing is for you to recover from all the stress you've been under. Your well-being takes the most precedence here. Take whatever time you need to rest and replenish your energies, and the rest will follow afterward. Everything in due time." Saying that last part in Star-Speak, the ethereal language of the stars. She patted the little girl's shoulder comfortingly and smiled.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2016, 04:43:32 am »
Emily nodded and gave a weak smile. She then grew silent though. Not knowing what to say. But it was then she started to cry again.

Farren's wife pondered briefly. ''Hey Emily. When you are discharged what would you like to do?'' she asked. ''It can be anything.'' She knew Emily would need to cry at some point but figured it would be a good thing to let the girl look forward to something. Not to mention Emily had to be as still as she could and with her body trembling it could perhaps hurt where the stitches were.

Emily wiped her tears. ''I do not know maybe... maybe an amusement park or a festival... I know I can not do anything to existing or physically challenging just yet but I'd maybe like that with the three of you with me...''

''Then we will do exactly that. We could even visit another planet if you'd like. A holiday. You deserve one.''

''Thank you.'' Emily said faintly.

It did not take long for their little peaceful moment to be disturbed however as a nurse arrived with Emily's parents whom entered the room.

''Hello sweety'' her mother said whom had rushed to the bed. ''How are you feeling? Surely you must've quite the scare.''

Before Emily could answer however her father had his eyes on Evadne. Vaguely remembering the woman from the park where she had returned Emily's doll. ''Whom might you be?'' he asked firmly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal