Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)  (Read 7494 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Re: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:00 am »
''If you wish, we could set the table and bake a couple of small snacks.'' The maid replied calmly.

From a small shed she took a box that contained a pretty decorated tablecloth and matching fabric napkins. ''It is very oldfashioned don't you think? Not that I mind but it is so unfortunate they drag their little girl in it this deep.

She covered the table with the tablecloth and folded a swan from one of the napkinds, slowly showing Evadne how to do it. ''Farren told us you are a flameling. What made you come all this way?''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 03:54:26 am »
Evadne nodded and help her lay out the tablecloth, its designs that of pretty red, white and pink flowers, the same design on the napkins too. At her question, she smiled happily.

"As a Flameling, I often travel anywhere I please, though not all Stars can do so. But more specifically, it is the wish made by Emily that I am here now at this time and place."

She sighed, her smile faltering as Evadne remembered her first starlit vision she had had, before continuing. "I fear for her if her life continues in this fashion. Loneliness and despair for so long without any break in between is far from healthy in any way."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2015, 05:31:29 am »
''I did not know she was that lonely...'' the maid said. Cleaning the porselain cups and polished the silverware.

The table was soon set and the maid guided Evadne to the kitchen which unlike the rest of the house was quite modern. ''I do think regarding Emily the sooner she is away the better. This is no life for her.''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »
Helping with the rest of the preparations, Evadne followed the maid to the kitchen after that.

"I agree." the star said softly, and also a little melancholic still recalling what she had seen from her Star-Prayer meditation. "It is truly unfortunate, but I aim to change that for the better."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 11:11:27 pm »
''We will all miss her though. Maybe her parents too.''

There were many types of food and some things even really hard to get. But together with Evadne and soon two other maids there were fresh scones, cake, chocolates, and fruit, and some kind of small pastries with various fillings. It looked colourful for sure and it smelled lovely. ''This should be enough I think.'' Farren said.

''Let's set for a lavender tea. Grottenbrugel is not in her kindest of moods today. She stays patient for sure but Emily is not that stupid so it will rub off on her one way or another.''

Stardancer

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »
Helping out with baking the pastries and gathering all the chocolates and fruits, in various porcelain and ceramic bowls and plates, Evadne helped to carry a fair share of it to the garden table. There was even a layered food tier with five levels, and so she carefully arranged several of the pastries on each one, even color coordinating them. Blues, yellows, pinks, whites and reds all on their own respective tier. Setting out the glasses too, frosted ones at the bottoms they were.

A good four hours had passed during this time, and so Evadne wasn't sure when Emily's lessons would end for the day. So she asked Farren. "How long do her lessons normally last?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 10:59:23 pm »
''Usually between four to five hours a day. So she should be done soon. She only had a small test today rather then a long one.'' the teapot had been placed on a standard with a little candle underneath so it would remain warm.

True, the teacher arrived first though. ''She graded above average regarding political knowledge. I'm sure that with a few more lessons she can turn it into flawless.'' she said as she looked at all the luxery food. ''I shall take my leave, and next lesson is in four days.'' she let herself out but it still took another good fifteen minutes for Emily to arrive. She had cried and attempted to erase those traces by washing her face but to little result. She smiled brightly though when she saw all the pretty and colored foods.

Stardancer

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2015, 01:08:02 pm »
The teacher was cold in her demeanor, that was for certain. Evadne bade her farewell anyway, even if the middle-aged woman did not hear or acknowledge it at all. She waited patiently with the others for Emily to arrive, just mindfully checking on everything and its placement.

It was obvious the little girl had been crying, her tear-stained eyes were not the only thing that gave her away. There was a definite aura of somberness around the girl and that more than anything is what told Evadne that Emily felt terrible. But upon seeing all the colorful pastries and food, she brightened up considerably. The Star smiled at her.

"Greetings Emily. If you would like, we are going to have tea and scones in the garden area. Perhaps you can discuss the happenings of your day there or anything else you wish to talk about."

Gesturing in the direction of the glass-walled garden, Evadne smiled warmly at her. "Shall we?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »
Emily nodded. ''I would love to mi-lady'' she said making a girlish bow.

''You and Lady Evadne should enjoy it to the fullest. I shall make sure there is plenty of tea and juice.'' Farren asured.

Emily pondered. ''It would be nice if everyone could join in but there are still chores aren't there...'' Emily asked.

The few maids looked at eachother. ''How about we switch roles with Farren once in a while.'' one suggested.

Emily nodded. ''Sounds good.'' she said with a smile. There were so many delicious foods, surely she would not be able to eat it all with just Evadne right?

The maids and Farren decided that he would go first and every fifteen minutes or so places would be changed amongst them so everyone had a turn.

Emily followed Evadne into the garden but did not sit until Farren pulled back the chairs so they could sit. ''It looks delicious.'' Emily said with a smile and rubbed her eyes once more.

Stardancer

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2015, 10:24:05 am »
Sitting down in the proffered chair, Evadne took a small buttery scone and put it on her plate. "Indeed it all does." she gestured for Emily to take whatever she wanted to.

The wind chimes and sun catchers caught the light from outside, making them gleam brightly almost like mini-stars. The flowers and plants all smelled heavenly, fragrant scents of lavender, rosemary, violets and roses among others all present in a non-clashing melting pot of aromatic olfactory bliss.

Pouring a bit of tea into her cup, Evadne handed the teapot to Farren so he could take some for himself. "So Emily, what would you like to speak about?" she asked her kindly. "Anything at all."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2015, 11:11:20 am »
Emily looked at Evadne and thought. Normally she was not really asked any kind of subject and just had to listen quietly.

Farren poured her a cup of tea for Emily who took a cupcake at first. She wanted to talk about something happy but there was not much she could think of. Not after her lessons she just had. ''Farren... when you were my age what did you do? Did you ever break your parent's rules?'' she asked. And then looked at Evadne. ''And you when you were younger?'' she asked the star.

Hearing her asking this made Farren cough a little in his own drink. ''Well..'' he said with a chuckle. ''I may seem like a wellbehaving butler now but I was far away from it when I was a child.'' he admitted.

Stardancer

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »
The star waited patiently for Emily to think of something she wanted to discuss and took a small bite of scone, chewing it before wiping her mouth on a napkin.

When Emily asked about Evadne's 'childhood', the Flameling carefully considered what to tell the little girl. "Well, with stars it's vastly different. Those of us who can become Flamelings do not actually have a childhood, at least not in the sense that most would view it. We age very slowly, if at all and I know I looked the same now as when I first traveled to a world." Evadne didn't mention that that was well over a billion years ago, if not two or three billion years. She didn't want to unnerve or frighten the girl. Perhaps when she was older, she could go into more depth that that.

"As far as family and next of kin goes, its even more complex." Taking a sip of tea before she continued on. "All beings like me are my family, yet at the same time we are all separate from each other. Separate but connected in our own cosmic way. I don't actually have parents in the way most land-races do." Again, Evadne didn't go into any more further detail as her birth into the universe was not exactly suitable for light conversation such as this.

"It may be difficult to fully grasp this as most I've met seem to have trouble accepting something so different than they. However, I have made many friends over the course of my lifetime. Humans, elves, dwarves, and many many others."

Evadne was certain that Emily would have more questions, but she also didn't want to take the spotlight completely away from Farren either. "But first, let Farren tell us about his childhood, if he would like." Taking another sip of tea before setting it down for the moment.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2015, 11:27:50 pm »
''I grew up in the middleclass. Not poor, not rich, just simply had everything we needed. Went to school... and got kicked off two of them for misbehaving.'' Farren admitted as he took a sip of his tea.

Emily using a fork, had started on her cupcake. Looking at him with big eyes. ''What did you do?'' she asked after swallowing her food.

''I may or may have not sabotaged all of the schools computers rendering them useless. The second time was because I was helping a person.'' He replied.

''How does helping a person get you expelled?'' Emily asked.

''Often if you do bad things, or are not as wellbehaving to others you get a negative reputation. I did not really care back then. I did a lot of pranks and sometimes had a short temper. But when I saw some of my classmates in trouble I wanted to help her. And I did. But the bully got to the principal first and lied. He said I started a fight for no reason. I did not have any true friends to back me up so the schoolboard decided it was best not to let me attend anymore.'' The way he spoke though it was clear he did not regret anything.

''Then what happened?'' Emily asked.

''The girl I helped in the end became a good friend and she helped me by teaching me at her house. And we are happily married.'' Farren replied.

Emily had big eyes of admiration. Regarding weddings she only knew those of fairy tales. ''But if you are happily married... why not living with her.'' Emily asked. ''Oh we are. You may not know it but Patricia is my wife. We however decided not to act as such when working. But do not worry young Lady Emily. We are happy here. Till a certain degree that is anyway.'' he was refering to Emily's unhappines of course. He did not mind his job. Patricia did not mind her job either. It was simple yet responsible work. But were stuck here until their contract ended which was until they would get to old. After that, both would get a good sum of money which could be used to buy a house for themselves and live calmfully until the end of their days.

Stardancer

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »
The story was interesting for certain. It may not have started out well, but at least it had a happy ending. As often times many things were like that, and vice versa. Having lived for as long as she had, Evadne had seen many many stories through to their completion. Some good, some bad, some really good, some outright terrible while others were more on neutral ground, not swaying towards any particular side or spectrum. It was all part of the cycles of life.

"That is a really sweet tale of love and loyalty." Evadne commented, glancing at Farren. "You helped her when she needed it most and in the end, both parties were rewarded with a lasting relationship. It trumps over the negative aspects of the situation, for the results in the end were truly beneficial. If only all stories were like that, but sadly tis' not so."

Taking a pink frosted cupcake, Evadne divided it into three parts with a kitchen knife and gave the other two to Emily and Farren. "The universe holds many tales within its cosmic embrace. Some as old as time itself."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2015, 11:37:21 pm »
Emily thanked Evadne for the piece of cupcake and again ate it slowly and neatly after a sip of tea. ''Could you tell one of those stories? Or are they to long.'' Emily asked.

Farren had thanked Evadne for the piece as well. There were more frosted ones but since this time there would be 'servant roulating' sharing them this way was no bad idea.

Stardancer

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »
Thinking for several seconds, Evadne contemplated which of the many stories she knew of that she could share. Finally she decided upon one.

"There is one story in particular that comes to mind. It was of a time long ago when I visited a planet that had been many many light-years away from here. Too far for some spacecrafts to visit if they don't have the proper resources but some very well could. The tale involves one of the peoples who had lived there, of a race of beings called Strikans, their home world having been that of Tushara, a large green planet that was about three times the size of this one."

"This particular Strikan individual, a male named Segora'Ra'Tenya like many of his kindred, practiced a kind of entertainment that was very popular there. It would best be equated as a type of land-whale racing, much like horse-racing, except that land-whales moved much more slowly than horses. It was not encouraged to become attached to these land-whales for they were little more than mounts to his people. A method to entertain the masses through many a news feed. However the whales were treated well and given all the care they needed, except for companionship. The only companionship they were allowed was to breed more land-whales for the Strikan peoples."

"However Segora'Ra'Tenya broke this mold and did the unthinkable. He befriended one and tried to let it escape one day into the great wild lands of the plains that surrounded their many kingdoms. There were some land-whales native to the plains that had not been bred to race in these games for their people. Segora'Ra'Tenya hoped to take the land-whale he had named Moo Lee away from his kingdom and to the vast plains beyond, so Moo Lee could have a life away from the Strikans and their demands and be with its own kind."

Evadne paused to take another sip of tea then before continuing. "Having organized a party to allow him to transport the land-whale unseen by the rulers and competition grand masters, they set out on their journey. Segora'Ra'Tenya would greatly miss his friend and vice versa but he knew it was for the best. This was no life for Moo Lee, he knew this deep in his two hearts."

Stopping here, she smiled and said, "Yes, Strikans possessed two hearts. It was the same for all of them, no matter their culture."

Continuing on with the tale, Evadne spoke again. "However one of the party members betrayed the group and with a hidden contingent of guards and soldiers the group was cut down, all save Segora'Ra'Tenya and the land-whale. However, the Strikan was gravely wounded and would not last much longer. He told Moo Lee to get away as fast as she was able to before more enemies would arrive to stop them, the former having all been slaughtered. He gave her an object to allow her to do so and she was able to make it to the promised destination in time where she lived a happy life with her own kin. But Segora'Ra'Tenya was not around to see this as he died shortly thereafter he had been struck down, his soul leaving the world of Tushara to ascend someplace I know not where. But he died with the knowledge that his friend would no longer have to endure the arduous life of land-whale racing. That she had found her way back to her own kindred where she belonged."

The Star paused again for a moment. "It is a bittersweet tale of friendship and loyalty, that. I had visited the world a few times prior to that occurrence but I had watched the above from afar in my true home and was not actually there in-person to witness it. Nor could I interfere with anything while in star-form. Universal law dictates such."

"I refer to these people in the past-tense as they are sadly no more, this having been many millennia ago. Perhaps more than that, I cannot really say. The world of Tushara was destroyed later on by a huge meteor that swiftly ended all life there. The devastation while horrible, was at least due to natural causes and not some dark foe bent on loss and destruction. But I remember the tale fondly, despite not actually having taken part in it."

Smiling a bit sadly, she added in one more thing. "What the people would be like today if their world hadn't been destroyed is unknown. But it was meant to happen the way it did."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:56 pm »
''It is a pretty story. But also sad.'' Emily said quickly rubbing her eyes.

From whatever her teacher has said and had made her upset earlier, and so many other things. She actually had been on the edge of crying again. But she did not want to. Not now there was a chance of experiencing something fun.

Farren poured her another cup of tea seeing that Emily had finished it and gave her a small puddingroll which she gladly accepted.

Farren's time was over however and soon one of the maids came in to take his place.

--

There was a lot of talking and it was easy to discover Emily did not know a lot about the servants in the household. Mainly because many were afraid to lose their jobs if they got to close to her, and Emily was afraid she would be the cause for the same reason.

Emily finished the teaparty with pieces of fruit and it was dinnertime by then. Although of course Emily was completely full and thanked everyone. She felt a little warm and tired but before she would get a bath and sleep she still had some homework to do. After all. It had been told to her after doing the test that she was not good enough. Something she did have to fix.

Stardancer

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »
Three hours later, the tea party was over with and Evadne thanked everyone for joining her and Emily to eat and converse. The Star had consumed enough food and drink that would take some time for her body to burn it all away. While eating was enjoyable, it wasn't something she required though. Being so far beyond a mortal or even a longer-lived one, it was not all that surprising. But she did feel the human sensation of being full.

Before Emily left to go to her room to study, Evadne called out to her. "I hope you had a wonderful time, Emily." Then noticing her still melancholic expression, she further said, "Do not let whatever was said to you bring you down. You are just as important as any other here. I'm certain you are trying your best." With a smile on her glowing features, Evadne left Emily to her own devices then as the star in turn headed toward the garden again to sit on a bench there. Just to simply be and think about whatever she wished.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2015, 11:11:10 pm »
''It was fun really. I had a really good time. Sometimes it seems though that doing your best and really can not do better is not enough.'' she explained. ''I am sure children my age do not learn about politics and tradestocks.'' she said calmly and gave Evadne a polite bow.

''I will join you in the garden when I am done with my homework.'' she assured and added the word promise before she excused herself and went to her room.

She found it hard to focus on her homework. And she felt tired and a little sluggish. She took off her neat dress and put on something more comfortable. A hidden set of clothes her mother and father knew nothing about and she had sown herself with her nanny. The clothes existed out of a weatshirt and a matching pair of pants.

Stardancer

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 03:59:04 pm »
In the garden, the Flameling sat on one of the benches there and quietly pondered about many things, as well as simply enjoying the serenity offered. While Emily was right about children her age not learning about politics, trade stocks and whatever else her parents deemed necessary for the girl to learn, Evadne did not say such, only bade her a temporary farewell as they parted ways. They both knew it so there was no need to reiterate it.

Looking up at the 'sky' again which only showed various metal platforms, stairways and elevators towering high above, Evadne sighed and looked back down. The view was still on the stifling side and would likely take a lot of time to get used to. The rush of a train was both heard and felt then as it traveled on the nearby railroad tracks, as it went to wherever it was going. That wasn't the only noise she heard but Evadne did her best to tune it out and enjoy the peace around her. People talking, dogs barking, and various machines whirring were also heard, their cacophony was not exactly on the lower end of the decibel range, but it wasn't outright deafening either.

An hour passed and Evadne got up to look around at the bushes. The red roses were the most plentiful here followed by violets, and then buttercups and chrysanthemums followed. Other floral varieties existed as well but in lesser numbers.

There was a small balcony leading outside and Evadne went over to it, opening the glass double doors which led to it. A couple potted plants were placed on either side of the railing and the Star leaned on it briefly taking in a deep breath, surveying her surroundings.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal