Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)  (Read 8517 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Re: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 01:10:27 am »
''Not really. I refused this job to be honest. Men are good for fun and nothing else. He made me slam 2 of my fingernails off. He does not take no for an answer.'' Laerda admitted. ''Stealing used to be fun but I never got around properly. Razul took me in so I owe him. I suppose he sees me as his property too. Hence the others are so afraid of him. I am the only one without a family he can hurt.''

A loud sound started to fill the ship briefly. ''We're taking off.'' Laerda said softly. It could be felt by the change of pressure too as they started to leave the ground. ''I think I will keep Chronos occupied by assisting in flying the ship rather then me.''

She noticed the little bird had woken up too. It wanted to spread its wings but when realising it couldn't it started to make noises of complains.

''So... a phoenix... anything special about it other then its unusual colors and the fact it survived a hit with a sledgehammer?''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »
Picking up the baby phoenix again, Evadne sang to it some more to calm it down. The song was lilting and melodic, able to soothe many a frazzled nerve.

"Phoenixes are also known as fire birds. They have a very strong tie to fire and are even able to resurrect themselves from their own ashes. Their lifespan is divided into cycles, and each phoenix is different regarding that. Being reborn from their own ashes is the start of a new life, and thus a new cycle. I believe this particular kind also has healing ability in the form of restorative tears. They are a majestic species and one I can relate to quite a lot."

Evadne felt the ship taking off, it seeming to symbolize the point of no return for her. The event horizon if you would. Because now that it took off, her choice was sealed and unless she returned back to her cosmic home now she would not be able to leave until they landed again. But the Star knew her place was here for now, to help watch over the fire bird. And she would do that, come what may.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »
''Healing tears huh? Neat.'' Laerda said with a smile and looked at the bird a little closer. It closed it's wings againn but somehow still seemed a little cranky.

''Let's see if you like this.'' Laerda took a bit of the rehydrated food and offered it to the bird who simply looked at it smelled it, and shivered. ''Please don't tell me we need to chew it and gag it up first...'' Laerda pleaded. It was then though the bird took the piece of presented meat and ate the small piece whole. It did not really seem to like it though.

''Sorry little one. We do not have fresh stuff here.'' Laerda said and took another piece from the glass..
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2015, 03:01:17 am »
Evadne smiled in amusement at Laerda's whine and held out her hand for the food so she could help to feed the baby phoenix. "I do not believe that that is necessary, no."

The phoenix did not seem to like the offered food though, but there was nothing to do for it. The Star coaxed the bird to eat of the pieces of meat lovingly, and with much care. "How far is the journey to the other ship?"

Again wondering how best to deal with the likes of their boss. Most men that Laerda described and that Evadne had personally witnessed or met herself were far from being the most agreeable of sorts, some of the tactics she had used to deal with such were not something she cared to repeat ever again. While she had millions and billions of years of wisdom in her being, she was not all-knowing and besides the fact the future was never a thing of certainty. There were always multiple paths based on each and every decision of the many who shaped such events. Evadne did not need to be a seer to know this, she had her own special knowledge of these things. But all things considered, she would not resort to violence unless she absolutely had to and had no other choice. It was a horrid thing to consider, but she would do what she must.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:31 am »
''A few days.'' Laerda replied. The phoenix gave happy chirps once it had been fed something sweeter. ''I suppise thisonr is either spoiled or a sweettooth.'' She pondered briefly before getting a hidden jar with a thick amber golden liquid and applued some on a piece of meat before offering it.

After eating it the bird chirped happily and gave an exited jump.

''Looks like it loves honey.'' Learda said with a chuckle

Stardancer

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 04:25:20 am »
"It would seem that way." Evadne also gave a slight chuckle. She continued to feed it the meat now applied with honey on it, offering it to the fire bird.

There was no sign of Chronos anywhere and for that Evadne was glad. She did not wish to deal with him. Laerda was far more pleasant to talk to and be around. There was indeed turbulence as the ship sailed through the black reaches of space, sometimes shuddering and jolting here and there as it flew. Evadne frowned at this. "How secure do you suppose this ship is to fly?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 04:50:31 am »
''She has brought us to our destinations thus far but truth be told I always pray that we make it. I am not suprised this thing came from the scrapyard.'' She admitted.

''Maybe I should just break or crash it myself when nobody else is in it''

Stardancer

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2015, 08:02:42 pm »
"There is no need for such dire actions." Evadne told her, a frown on her face. "Surely there is another way."

Contemplating something for a moment or two, the Star went on. "Many times a situation may seem to be hopeless, but one merely needs to see it through. Better things are likely to come when you least expect them to. Sorrow is only meant to be a temporary thing, and is not supposed to last forever."

The Star motioned to the bed then. "Perhaps you should rest, allow your mind some reprieve from your troubles. I shall take care of the phoenix in the meantime."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2015, 01:18:19 am »
''I think I'm good.'' Laerda replied. ''I am not exactly tired and someone needs to keep Chronos in check. He will never come in my room though. As boring as it may sound I recommend you not leaving thisone.''

The phoenix seemed full so she set the food aside for now.

Stardancer

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2015, 03:43:42 am »
"Alright then." The Star sat down on the floor then with the phoenix bird in her lap, comforting it as much as she could. Singing to it in Star-Song and petting its reddish feathers.

"I won't wander then. No need to worry." Evadne smiled at Laerda then. "And thank you."

The ship gave another jolt then, but nothing too serious though.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2015, 04:35:51 am »
The bird purred contend and curled up as much as it could so it would stay warm.

''Is... the bird strong enough to make it?'' Laerda asked. She knew little about animals but always thought young ones were more lively begging for food the whole time.

Stardancer

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2015, 08:29:10 pm »
"I believe so." Evadne stroked the bird's feathers some more, as it cuddled up against her seeking the warmth her body naturally exuded. "Her temperature seems to have gone up to a decent level."

Looking back at the woman, the Flameling grew concerned again. "Are you certain you are alright?"

Evadne was no stranger to stress and its effects on mortals and other races. The woman before her looked like she could use a break of some kind. She seemed worn out, even though she claimed she wasn't tired. Perhaps not physically though, but weary of her situation. Evadne could see why, especially based on what she had said about her boss viewing her as some sort of pet or prize. It was no doubt a tough endeavor to deal with. Plus her earlier comment about crashing the ship. Evadne would also help her if she could.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »
Laerda smiled calmly. ''I'm as good as I can be.'' she took off her gloves revealing two bandaged fingers which was most likely from when she had been forced to remove them in whatever way.

''This life is just not how I imagined it. Stealing before working for someone was fun. My previous party Razul put together was fun too. On the mothership those who are not sent out stealing are there. Majority are men. Women well... most of us don't mind heck, happily start a good lovemaking session. I admit being one of those. But it usually is mutual. This team... Chronos especially...'' she shook her head. ''He is not as bad as Razul but he is no gentleman. Lets keep it at that. The only place on the ship I am remotely safe is here in my room.''

Stardancer

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 06:16:45 am »
Looking at her bandaged fingers, Evadne was not all that disturbed by seeing that. She had after all seen much much worse in her time. But that didn't make it any better. When the woman explained about their boss and the crew some more, the Star just listened and nodded. "If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to let me know."

As to what exactly Evadne could do, well she was a Star in earthbound form. She had her ways of figuring things out and dealing with many situations. She would apply whatever knowledge she could here as well. For her, the phoenix and Laerda.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 06:22:46 am »
''Basicly best is to stay away from everyone I dislike.'' Laerda said calmly. ''Keep yourself and that fluffy thing safe. Maybe it needs a name. Also. Is it a boy or a girl. No idea when it is able to be seen though.''

Again the ship shook. ''I'm going to need to do some maintenance. No idea what your hobbies are but... there is some puzzlebook hidden under my pillow if you feel bored.''

Stardancer

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:00 am »
"This one is a girl." Evadne smiled at the fire bird calmly with a bright expression of care and love.

"As for her name..." Evadne pondered a bit, before replying. "I should think Aeria is a suitable name for her, what say you?" she posed this question directly to the baby phoenix.

The star nodded at the mention of puzzle books and continued to focus on the fire bird, now christened with the name of Aeria. The ship had shaken again with a huge lurch, and once again she wondered if they would make it.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:20 am »
''Aeria... it has a nice ring to it.'' Laerda said with a smile seeing the bird hopped a little in happy circles. She wondered if the bird could even understand what they said and went to the door. ''I should be back in a few hours.'' She grabbed a more special toolbox and left.

Every time the ship shook in the black area named space, the phoenix seemed a littie agitated and it squeeked when Learda left and the door closed behind the woman.

--

Indeed Laerda had come back but it was a bit more then a few hours. More like 8. The ship had not shaken in a good while meaning whatever she had done worked. But when coming back her hair seemed a mess and her cheeks were flushed. Her clothes seemed a bit ruffled as well. Most likely an indication Chronos had a go at her. Or one or more of the other men she shared the ship with.

Stardancer

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:34 am »
"She likes the name." Evadne chuckled as the little bird hopped around in circles.

Saying goodbye to the woman as she left, Evadne contented herself with the phoenix and the puzzle books which consisted of Sudoku, crossword puzzles and word search books. The hours passed by quickly for Evadne as eight hours was nothing for a being who had lived for far longer than any mortal could comprehend.

Checking on the bird's wing again, Evadne looked up as the door opened and Laerda walked back in, clothes and hair looking mussed. It was obvious what she had been doing, but Evadne did not comment on this. Instead, she asked, "Everything alright?" Meaning both her and the ship itself.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:33 am »
''So far so good. The men wont bother you for a good while either.'' Laerda said and rather then crashinf on the bed she undressed and touched a wallpanel opening the shower room. Some bruises were slowly forming on her arms but it was far from the worst she ever had.

After undressing it was certainly clear what had happened but she simply walked in the slower and closed the glass door behind her to wash herself. ''If you want something to eat let me know and I will get it...''

Aeria curious as what water exactly was and the fact Laerda seemed back moved a little on Evadne's lap. After a nap in the warm and comfort Evadne offered and another dosage of food the little phoenix had become a lot more lively and wanted to explore the room a bit more.

Stardancer

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:48 am »
There was no doubt what had occurred. Evadne looked to Laerda then, saying simply, "You are hurt." It was a statement, not a question.

She let her be though as the woman showered and also let Aeria wander the room as she pleased, but made sure she didn't get too close to the shower door. Water was after all, harmful to a phoenix. Plus the effect it could also have on Evadne as well.

Evadne picked up one of the puzzle books again, a word finder booklet and began to look for the hidden words contained within. Finishing one, she reached for another, still keeping an eye on Aeria as the phoenix trotted around the room.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal