Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)  (Read 8573 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:14:26 am »
''After so many preperations we finally stole the Galwyn family heirloom.'' a woman with millimetered pink hair at one side and long locks at the right side grinned widely as she placed one leg over the other on the table, lighting a cigarette. She was wearing thick black leather boots with metal straps, torn tights, tight short pants and a black punktop with some belts and large variation of coloured splashes.

''We have it, now how are we going to devide the earnings? The gem will loose value if we shatter it in pieces.'' a man spoke wearing black punk clothes and goggles. ''I do want my cut.''

''We are from the same gang stupid. The head boss decides what we get.'' the woman replied. Six more others joined the table carrying various alcoholic beverages and cheap food which in this case was the best this roadstyle themed house could offer.

''free from the house if we promise not to tear it down more'' A broad man spoke. He wore spikes as accesories on leather straps. His hair was spiky too.

They had preparing it for months; stealing an eggshaped fire opal from a museum. It had not been easy. There were many kinds of protection on this thing. And they questioned wether it was just the jewel and nothing else they needed to grab. Which they thought was odd regarding there were things in there way more valueable then some fire opal.

''Come on show our prize. Laerda'' he said gulping down a pint of ale in one go. ''Ugh... it's like warm piss...'' he muttered but took a second.

The pinkhaired woman took her back and took from it a large eggshaped red gem wrapped in cloth. ''It is ours now.'' she said with a grin.

''It's our master's you mean...'' the spiked man replied before Laerda put the gem back.

Their celebration consistent of booze, and various women whom were taken from other tables did not last long however as authorities arrived.

''Shit...'' Laedra cursed and did not take long until weapons were drawn.

''Forget the fighting lets bail out.'' the spikey one said. ''Lets go to our ship and head to HQ. This ale sucks anyway''

''Grand plan Chronos'' Laedra said and rather then throwing something lethal, a smoke bomb was released before all eight of them made their way out. In their way which indicated shooting their weapons at the ceiling and hitting a few of the police that were there, wounding them so they could not follow and as final, an EMP bomb to make sure they could not call for any back up.

The woman carried the bag with the jewel. It was however not that far; in this forsaken small town there was not much and they had merely landed closeby to get a celebration drink after losing the authorities for getting the thing.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:58:31 am by SilmeriaElemred »
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

Re: Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »
Less than a mile away in the nearest town over, a sleepy little town named Gold Rock as it once had held several veins of gold nestled in many a crack in the ground. However this was long ago, the rich supply that had given the town its namesake had long since dwindled in quantity, there being little if any of it left anymore. But the name like many things here, had stuck as no one saw the need to change it. A remnant or reminder of its glory days the name was, as though it clung to it, reluctant to let go.

It was here a strange otherworldly being resided, as she helped out the restaurant owner with the many tasks that were needed to keep the small establishment in business. The owner of The Black Kettle had long been in need of more help, and since help these days seemed to be few and far between he had really been struggling with the upkeep of the place. There was only him and one other, however the latter wasn't there that much to actually do their part as they led a busy life elsewhere.

In any case, Brian was immensely grateful for the strange alien creature who had so graciously helped him out these past several days without pay. She had told him she didn't need it where she was from. And indeed she was an odd sight to his tired eyes. When they first met, the creature had introduced herself as Evadne, a Flameling as she had called herself. Brian had no idea what a Flameling was at the time. That was until she told him of her true origins. And honest to every god out there, he had completely not been expecting such a answer. A star? In earthbound form? Who knew such a thing was even possible?

But as bizarre as that sounded, he had no reason to disbelieve her as there was no way one could mistake her as being human. The idea was ludicrous at best. Plus the being seemed to radiate an energy so pure and light, it was nothing he had ever felt before in all his fifty one years of life. It was both a haunting and beautiful energy at the same time, something which sparked hope and comfort inside his very soul. Whether she was consciously doing so or whether it was just there regardless, the restaurant owner found he really didn't care much. The energy was peaceful and loving and it always brought a smile to his face when he both saw and felt her coming.

Evadne finished cleaning one of the tables there, simple grunt work for sure, but she didn't mind at all. She was helping someone out after all and that was mattered to the star. About to ask what else she could do to help, Brian came out from the back room then, wiping his hands on a dirty cloth, before coming up to her. "I greatly appreciate all the help you've done for me these past few weeks, but I can't continue to abuse your aid like this anymore. It doesn't feel right to me. So it is with great regret, I must let you go, as surely a powerful being as yourself is not meant to be cooped up here in such a cramped place as this. After all, I'm certain you have much to do with your time here, and that does not include helping out a weary man like myself the entire time."

Evadne had been about to protest, saying it was no trouble, but Brian held up a hand in reply. So it was with that, she was left to her own devices once again. The Flameling worried about him but he had assured her he was looking into the matter of hiring more help and that two people had already expressed their interest in working there. It would only be another week at the very most that he would have to wait.

And so the Star wandered the enclosed grounds nearby, outside the small town of Gold Rock. Nearby another equally small town, she made to enter it to see what other opportunities lay ahead for one such as her. When she had first come to this world, the huge domes had been very stifling for her, as they blocked out the open air of the natural world, even though the lands around it were nothing like they once had been decades prior. The very earth suffered under all the toxic sludge which permeated the lands around it for miles, the people having to separate themselves from it for obvious health reasons. Only the barest whisper of Mother Nature ever sounded anymore, as the planet was dying. Yet life in its own cloistered way, still thrived.

Sitting down on a rock nearby, she moved a hand through her glowing, luminescent hair, the aura around her slightly dimming as she again felt the sorrow of the planet. Evadne didn't know what else there was to do now, but she would continue to travel and see what she was able to. Having been on this earth for a total of two months now during her current transition, three weeks of which were spent adjusting, she hoped to find something of interest soon. Otherwise, she would return to her cosmic home again. Evadne would give it at least another month or so before she did that though.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 03:08:53 pm »
''Come on we're almost there'' Laerda spoke.

They were only two minutes away from their ship that was hidden in the last bit of nature this forsaken planet had to offer.

Chronos stopped first. ''What do we have there.'' he said as he looked towards Evadne.
''What about it.'' Laerda asked as she stopped by his side, panding.

''How often do you see someone with luminescent hair? Let's bring her in.'' Chronis suggested. The other men seemed to agree.

''What for. The ship is small enough as it is for the eight of us.'' Laerda replied.

''Another woman will not be a miss. It is a long trip. We do not mind doing you but you scare the shit out of us sometimes. Besides. The boss likes special things. '' Chronos replied. ''Laerda, go to the ship with Edward, Tedd and Felix. The rest, come with me.''

Chronos grabbed his pulse rifle and commanded the rest to come with him.

--

''Hello miss. You seem lost. Do you need a ride somewhere?'' Chronos asked with his most charming smiles. Which was not enough to maask his intentions fully making it a really weird one.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »
Evadne looked up as she sensed others approaching. A group of men, no doubt some kind of gang up to no good. Evadne counted four of them, all eying her like she was some difficult to acquire prize. No doubt she was, as not too many of her kin were to be seen on any one planet. It was rare enough to find one, more than that really didn't happen that often.

Their intentions were crystal clear to the being of light and flame. Evadne frowned, for she did not want any conflicts or needless deaths to happen. Pacifist though she may be, she would not hesitate to defend herself either. The gun the man carried at his side may not be able to outright kill her, but it would still very much hurt no less.

The Star chose her words carefully. "No thank you, that is quite alright. I am merely deciding where to head next is all. Do not let me trouble your group at all, I am quite capable of finding my own way, rest assured." Evadne hoped that would be the end of that, but somehow she doubted they would give up that easily.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »
''Ahw come on it will be fun.'' Chronos spoke.

''Oi Chronos.'' Laerda said. ''You do need to open the bloody ship.'' the flap of the bag was not closed properly and a small part of the red jewel despite wrapped was visable.

Chronos tossed her the device that would allow her to do so.

''Leave it Chronos... you are horrible with women. And you are surely not as handsome as you think you are. Let us just go...'' Laerda spoke.

Stardancer

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 05:30:39 pm »
The Star shook her head no. "I really must be going." she started to get up, when she noticed the gem-like egg the woman carried in her bag.

That was the egg of a phoenix, she was certain of it. She had seen plenty of them before on her myriad travels.

Yet she turned her gaze away quickly so it would not look like she was interested in taking it for her own. Evadne worried that the unborn fire bird would be treated unfairly if it remained in the hands of these people. Yet there was little she could do, as the Star knew more than most not everything was within her control. Evadne did not want to cause a fight to break out if she could avoid it.

Stepping away from the spiky haired man, she made to go her own way then. Unless the man decided to stop her. Evadne wouldn't be surprised at all if he did try something like that.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 12:23:26 am »
''Ahw don't be like that, it can be fun'' Chronos said and stepped towards Evadne, placing the rifle against her back. ''Or do you need me to resort to this. Remember pretty lady you are all alone.''

Laerda sighed deeply and turned around heading to the ship. Most others were about to do the same.

Stardancer

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 02:07:13 am »
When the barrel of the gun rested on her upper back, Evadne stayed very still and slowly, ever so slowly held her hands up in the universal gesture for peace, her back facing the man. Where the cool metal of the gun touched her, it quickly became very warm to the touch, but not outright hot as the fieriness of her body affected it. However, unless Chronos touched the tip of the gun it would not be noticeable.

"I do not wish for any trouble." the Flameling stated carefully. "There is no need for that."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 04:44:40 am »
''Then come with us quietly.'' Chronos said. He did not remove his pulse rifle though and reached out to grab Evadne.

''Stop following your bloody loins and go before the police shows? This jewel is heavier then you think'' Laerda spoke and opened the ship when reaching the thing that was hidden in the few trees and bushes.

Stardancer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 07:39:18 am »
The Flameling did as she was told, not saying anything more. Her body would feel warm to the touch, more so than a human's would be as though an inner fire burned within her, as indeed one most certainly did. It was not enough to burn anyone or anything though. Part of the transformation to come to any world required such.

Evadne did not like where this was going and she hoped nothing ill would come of it. She was completely aware of Chronos' intentions toward her, and while not terrified in the slightest as she had faced far worse than he, it still greatly unsettled her. Their ship was just ahead, and so Evadne let herself be led towards it.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
''My my feels as if you have a raging fever. Do you crave already that much?'' Chronos said.

Laerda did as if she had to puke and entered the ship as it opened. She swore though noticing something strange. ''Oi Chronos. The gem is glowing...'' she said. It indeed did. Very fainly before dying out again.

''Who cares. It will be the Boss' problem.'' Chronos replied. In his head completely picturing how his little adventure would turn out like with this strange woman.

Stardancer

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »
"It is the same for all my kind." Evadne told him, purposefully not revealing any more than that.

Pondering how she would get out of this mess without causing anyone any harm, plus the fact that the rifle was still pressed up against her back, the Flameling tried to think of a good solution here. This had happened a few times before, so it wasn't completely unexpected. However she had had to mortally wound those who tried, and there had been that one time a group had gotten wholly incinerated. It was to this day not something the Star was proud of, in fact quite the opposite. There had been little choice in the matter though. The familiar guilt plagued her even now as she remembered that horrid time.

Recalling what she had done before to escape similar predicaments, Evadne tried to think of how it may work in this new situation. Just then, the egg started glowing a bright red light and the woman told her companion this. However he seemed quite ambivalent to the whole matter, seemingly only interested in her. Knowing the extreme rarity of phoenix eggs more so than any gem would be, with a few exceptions, Evadne kept quiet on what they actually had in their possession. But she did dare to ask one thing though.

"What do you plan to do with that gem?" Carefully using the word 'gem' instead of 'egg', so as not to unintentionally put the fire bird in any more danger than it already was. Evadne hoped she wouldn't accidentally anger any of them either, but it was a chance she had to take.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »
''That would be our boss to decide. Sell it maybe. Put it on display. It can be cut in smaller pieces to sell as small gemstones would he so desire. I truth be told do not know what he sees in this thing. There were way more valueable things in the museum. Usefull things that would be a lot more easy to sell.'' Chronos replied.

Once everyone was in the ship, the door was closed again in its slow automatic way. It was not a very filthy ship but certainly not one of the cleanest either. There were beercans, bottles of booze and a few things in crates that were most certainly not theirs. ''Ray. Get us to HQ. I need some... alone time with this pretty lady when we are in space.''

''Do not break her like the frikkin rest Chronos? If you want to present her to the boss that is. You do know how he things about taking extra playtoys. We either need to imprison them or kill them.'' Laerda muttered as she sat down in the co pilot seat. Taking out the gem that barely visable hummed in a weak glow. ''This thing is warm. Hey guys I do not think this is a gem.'' she tapped on it a few times.''

Ray who buckled up and looked at the gem shrugged. ''Who cares. Boss wants it, he gets it. What if it is a dragon egg now that would be cool.'' he said with a grin.

Stardancer

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »
At the mention of the egg being cut up into small pieces in order to divide its worth among this group Evadne found herself with, she feared for the magical bird's life then but still said nothing. There wasn't much she could say. Evadne hoped there was a chance they would lose interest in it, but that was really unlikely. And Stars never lied, it was against their very nature so she couldn't spin some tale about it being worthless, even though if she did they wouldn't believe her anyway. The egg's very appearance only pointed towards riches of one of the greatest kinds.

Regarding the Flameling's own dilemma, she stalled for time as best she could. "Where is this ship heading, if I may ask?" Looking around at all the booze, empty beer cans and stolen merchandise, she frowned again, wondering just who all had to suffer in order for this gang to get their hands on everything. It was appalling to her to say the least.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:03 pm »
''We have a bigger ship in the open space. We bring the goods there and we get paid by our boss who then either sells the stuff or puts it in his collection.'' Chronos spoke.

''They should give us a better ship the door won't close. Again.'' Laerda spoke and got out of her seat. ''If you want to take her I suggest to do it while I fix the bloody door.'' she muttered. Grabbing a bag of tools and went to where the door was to see what was going on.

Stardancer

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 06:09:02 pm »
Looking around the ship interior, Evadne considered her options. The egg was still sitting on one of the seats in the cockpit, and she eyed it a little while examining what other options she had available to her. This boss of theirs most likely knew exactly what the egg was as the Star recalled Chronos' earlier words about the museum having much more valuable objects to steal. Add to that, the entire reason they had captured her. Their boss, whoever he was, liked things of a rare and hard to acquire nature, and Evadne fit that bill perfectly as well. Others had tried to capture her for that very reason. Foolish it was though, to try to contain a Star. It was only asking for trouble. Not because her kind were vicious but rather the fact those Stars who could descend were beings of freedom as well as light. To try to imprison one was akin to an attempt to control creation itself. Or at least a part of it.

One thing she could try as she had done so many times before, was activate her Star-Speak ability in such a way that she could command them to stop and change their minds about something. Being a language that was both externally communicated, as well as telepathically sent, one that would sink deep into one's subconscious mind as well, it would take a strong-willed person or at the least one who was set in every way to carry out whatever it was they wanted to accomplish to resist its effects. Still she needed to try, both for herself and the egg they had.

"The gem you carry is a danger to all on this ship." Evadne spoke in her native tongue, the message it conveyed twisting within and around the both of them in surreal waves of mystical ambiance as she directed those words to the spiky-haired man. "You would be wise to leave it behind. Myself as well. Many of your fellow crew mates could get direly injured. I am only looking out for everyone's safety."

While the power of Star-Speak could not be denied, it could also be resisted by certain beings and people. Now all she could do was wait and see what results it would have.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »
''Danger how. Certainly not as much as our boss if we ditch this thing. Oi Laerda did you not say it was glowing or something?'' Chronos asked.

''Do not bother me I am fixing the bloody door. If the girl you wish to bang is so dangerous herself she would've put up a fight don't you think? Now let me work if we are late the boss will have us flayed alive and eat our own skin. Or let us eat our flesh with the last one standing being rewarded with permission to live. No thank you.''

The other pilot took the gem in his hands and studdied it. ''What if it is a bomb of sorts?''

''Do not be ridiculous...'' Chronos muttered and wrapped his arm around Evadne. ''If you are dangerous show me in the bed. Come on... I'm bored and long for female flesh.'' he said with a sheepish grin. His trousers did confirm his words.

Stardancer

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 02:16:25 pm »
The feel of his bulging member against her leg was startling to Evadne. She knew what it was of course, one did not live for as long as she had only to be ignorant of such things. She shoved him gently away from her, not too forceful but enough to take a hint.

"Stop this." she commanded him in Star-Speak. "Do not make me hurt you."

If for some reason her warning didn't work, she would be forced to temporarily blind him with another power of hers. And she didn't want to do that if she could avoid it. She was not going to lay with him or any of his crew for that matter.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 02:37:42 pm »
''Oh fire in you after all. That's the spirit.'' Chronos said grinning. ''Don't worry, you will enjoy it. Normally I take Laerda but she scares the shit out of me'' he dodged a screwdriver the girl threw at him.

''Rot in hell Chronos..'' she muttered. ''You will need to wait bedding that poor soul. Help to fix the bloody ship before we all get screwed. Go outside. Check the wiring you useless goblin. Besides. Our guest is not into women. She seems like a ladies person.''

Chronos muttered and swore something but gave Evadne a peck on her cheek before he headed out.

''I recommend you leave. I won't stop you'' laerda assured.

Stardancer

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 02:53:36 pm »
Evadne did as she was told, seeing as now was the best chance to get away without anyone getting hurt. That also meant leaving behind the egg as well. There was nothing she could do for it, she had already tried.

She prayed for the safety of both parties, the crew against the egg when it would finally hatch, and the phoenix bird itself being imprisoned by that very group. She considered both possibilities as being equally probable, and so with a heavy heart the Star exited the ship and made to leave to go somewhere else. Perhaps this would all turn out favorably, but many times as she very well knew, that was not always the case.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal