Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Petting Zoo!  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Tally

The Petting Zoo!
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:43:53 am »
It's Military Appreciation Day at the petting zoo!

All military personnel get in free, and can enjoy the feedings and llama rides absolutely free as well!

For your safety, please adhere to these Petting Zoo rules:
  • Keep posts short and sweet.
  • Don't worry about posting order.
  • If you find yourself posting rapid fire with one other person, consider splintering off into a private thread!

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The Petting Zoo!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:04 pm »
"Whoo yeah! Look at that! First in line, motherfuckers! Suck it!" Trixy shouted as she raced toward the double gates leading into the petting zoo, only to be stopped by one of the attendants who informed her that there was no running permitted.

A ways behind her, Lexi sank her face into her palm with a long-suffering sigh, shaking her head, as Trixy was lightly lectured before being allowed in through the gates. Unlike her fae friend, she was inclined to walk, like a civilized human being, through the gates and into the petting zoo, pausing only to apologize to the poor attendants who would, more than likely, be having their hands full today.

"Oh my god there's fuckin' llama rides!" Trixy squealed, bouncing in place like a kid in a toy shop after having won a free shopping spree. "Fuck it, I'm riding the llama! I'm gonna do it, Lexi, I'm riding the llama! That one's mine! Black and white! I called it!"

"He's all yours, Trixy," Lexi said with a roll of her eyes, stopping as a couple of goats came up to her and started to nibble at her clothes. Smiling, she knelt down to pet them. "Hey, guys. How's it going?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:53:52 am »
Trixy caught Ronen's shoulder as she zipped past.

"It's not a race!"  Ronen shook his head and waited his turn like a grown-ass adult.

Once he got in there, he had to admit the llamas looked pretty cool.  Not that he was going to jump up and down and start squealing like Trixy.  Had to maintain that maverick image, right?

That, and...it was a little nerve-wracking still, with people staring at him when they thought he wasn't looking.  They stole these glances at him, like trying to see if he was okay or not.

It had been three months now since his little brother was declared MIA.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:57 am »
A llama. Drake Morgan, captain of the Warmonger. Scourge of the Ophiacus. Wanted in multiple systems, as well as throughout the Draconian Empire. Pirate leader. Ruthless pirate leader. Scoundrel, badass, and one of the most dangerous men around. Was riding a fucking llama. In a petting zoo. "Why the hell am I doing this again?", Drake growled, glowering at the fuzzy, smelly animal as if doing so would turn it into something more suitable to his tastes.

"Because I asked nicely.", the blonde on the llama next to him quipped, grinning as she watched her technical superior's discomfort, knowing full well they both knew who was really in charge.

"Right. Because you asked nicely.", Drake spat, "Don't suppose you could ask nicely for something a little more... I dunno... fun to ride?", he continued. As if to emphasize the remark, the llama spit at the ground.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:57 am »
Ronen joined the line for the llama rides.  Why not, right?

He leaned over to look beyond the line at...at whoever that was riding it.  He sure didn't recognize them.  The llama hawked a big one right into the center of the ring.

"Watch where you aim that thing!" he called out to the riders.  Not that they had anything to do with it, but he felt like some good-natured teasing.

Offline Nix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 02:07:22 am »
Yeah... Veda had no idea who those people were... but he did recognize the rest. He couldn't help but chuckle at Trixy getting all excited over a llama ride-

Damn that did look cool actually.

Right, time to get on line... or cut in front of Delacroix since he could do that.

Offline Tally

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »
The line to the llama ride was getting long.  Apparently everyone wanted to ride that slobbery thing!  Even the soldiers.

Aaaand there was Fleet Admiral Veda.  And there was Fleet Admiral Veda cutting right in front of Ronen.

"You up for riding the llama, sir?"  He raised an eyebrow at him.

Offline Nix

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:14:57 pm »
"Yeah I mean do you see how sweet these llamas look? Truth be told I am more of an alpaca guy personally but I saw you here looking all lonely and I figured if Ronen Delacroix is going to ride a llama I better too. I mean honestly I can't be outdone by you, that would be me setting a bad example."

Fleet Admiral Veda Erdtris  knew very well that Ronen's little brother was missing, he knew and he saw it as a failure that they had not been able to find him, and as Fleet Admiral that meant it was ultimately his failure.

Still he wasn't going to stop picking on Ronen because of it, that would only make things worse.

"You should ride one with me." He grinned.

Offline Tally

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »
Ronen mused on that for a second.  "What...actually is the difference between an alpaca and a llama?  And a camel for that matter?  Anyway, sure!"

Over in a huge coral of hay, some other soldiers were petting baby goats.  Ronen's heart gave a little tumble.  Damn those things were cute.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »
When Veda cut in line, Trixy turned and gave him the stink eye. He hadn't cut her, so that was okay, but he was treading awfully close! And while she respected mister Fleet Admiral, right then she didn't care if he was the fucking Captain. No one cut Trixy when it came to llama rides!

Overhearing their conversation, though, she couldn't help but cut in. Rolling her eyes dramatically, she heaved a sigh and put a hand on her hip. "Camels have humps! A-duh!"

Meanwhile, Lexi was among the soldiers losing themselves over the baby goats. Gods, she wanted to just eat them all up and take them home and have like a million of them! She didn't even care that they were nibbling on her clothes.

"Ugh, it should be illegal for you to be this cute," she said, giving in and crouching down to be more on their level as they pranced around her. This? This was heaven. This was where she wanted to go when she died. Fluffy baby animals everywhere. She scratched one behind the ear. "Not that you'll be cute forever, you're gonna grow up into a smelly farm animal, but--OOF!"

She hadn't noticed its mother behind her, but she did notice when said mother rammed her right in the ass and sent her pitching face forward onto the ground.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 06:00:31 pm »
Knight, Leslie Vine, former fighter pilot, and highly decorated member of the Libra Space Fleet, known for his stern, intimidating expression, and rough attitude, was wearing a silly looking knit cap that his mother made, while petting a little goat. His mother had urged him to visit the petting zoo for Military Appreciation Day, so that's what he was doing. He was a good soldier, and a good son. As he was petting the goat, he heard a voice that he would recognize anywhere, Fleet Admiral Veda Erdtris. Being the rigid soldier type he was, Les quickly came to attention, but the Admiral didn't even notice him. As he stood there erect the girl next to him, tiny compared to his stature, fell over when a mother goat rammed her.

"Perhaps you should be more vigilant," he said to her, offering his hand.
Isoyutare  //  Pierce Aubade Zephyr  //  Laurel Concord  //  Fera Vile  //  Leslie Vine  //  Flumenalt Lauthlet

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 11:40:29 pm »
Lexi really hoped the mud she landed in was just mud, because it was smeared all over the left side of her face.

Swearing vividly, she pushed herself onto her knees and was just about to try to slip away while everyone was distracted, hoping no one had seen, when a voice caught her attention. Freezing, she noticed the guy's shoes first, and followed them up to his face.

For fuck's sake. Of course she had a witness. And of course it was another Knight. One of the big players, too. Ugh.

With a sweet smile, she wiped her cheek off on her sleeve and then clasped his hand with her own muddy one, making the mud squelch between them.

"Great advice! And only two minutes too late."

She hauled herself to her feet and gave him a quick once over. "Really diggin' the hat, by the way."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:46:44 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 01:18:44 am »
Les smiled proudly at the feigned compliment. So the hat didn't match his all black battle dress uniform (BDU). His mother had given it to him and he was proud to display to everyone that he was a good son and his mother loved him. At least the yellow and brown yarn didn't clash with his clothing.

Hand freed of Lexi's, he shook it vigorously to release as much of the mud as possible, and then held his hand away from himself. He'd pick the mud off after it dried and he didn't want to muck up his threads. It was bad enough that his boots were in the sludge. You'd think a Petting Zoo would have more saw dust and hay on the ground to absorb moisture. His expression returned to the usual stern look he was known for.

"I believe I saw a hand wash station just outside the pens," he said with a half grin that looked more like a snarl, "you could clean a bit of that muck off of your face and clothes."
Isoyutare  //  Pierce Aubade Zephyr  //  Laurel Concord  //  Fera Vile  //  Leslie Vine  //  Flumenalt Lauthlet

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 09:23:00 pm »
Finally, one of the llamas was free for Trixy to ride.  And thank the gods for that, cuz Ronen thought she was probably about ready to leap the fence and hijack the thing.

A moment later, the other llama was available too, and the attendant ushered Ronen and Veda up to the animal.

"Front or back, sir?"  As soon as he said it, he knew it was a mistake.

Offline Tally

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:51 am »
Ronen paused right before climbing up on the llama.

"Did you hear that?  Was that...screaming?"

Nah, couldn't be...

Offline Nix

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 08:39:12 am »
Veda was not about to admit he had no idea what the difference between an alpaca and a llama were. He was about to string together a long line of bullshit when Trixy explained how camels have humps. Well duh is right.

"Wow Ronen were you never educated? How did you end up in the military again? Don't even know the difference between a llama an alpaca and a camel? See Trixy gets it. She knows what is up. This is why I like her better. She even ironically gave me a stink eye Ronen. Gods why can't you be more like Trixy? She is obviously top notch which is why she gets to ride on a llama before you. You need to be more of a go getter Ronen." He chuckled a bit and looked around at some of the others as he ruffled Ronen's hair like he was a little kid and not a soldier.

Leslie and Lexi were petting those hella cute little goats and ... shit... poor Lexi. You don't mess with a momma goat's kids. Even if they do all have those weird sideways almost rectangular pupils that start to look creepy if you stare at them too long.

He turned his attention back to the llamas and Ronen when it was their turn to get on. Front or back? "Well I go both ways Ronen but since you don't even know a llama from an alpaca perhaps it is in both of our interests if I take the reigns on this one."

He had just mounted the fearsome cute as fuck llama when Ronen asked if he heard something. Ever alert and on guard despite how amazingly awesome and chill he was off duty, he had in fact heard the noise and his gaze narrowed behind his shades as he sought out the source. "Get on Ronen..."

Offline Tally

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 11:26:38 pm »
Ronen dearly wished this was the first time he'd had to listen to a lecture from Veda.  An ironic lecture?  Who knew, and he couldn't exactly ask.  That would be way too genuine and not ironic at all.

Wait, though.  That definitely sounded like a scream that time.  He couldn't see a thing, not from way back here in the petting zoo.

"Yes, sir!"  He didn't see what help the llama would do, but he wasn't the Fleet Admiral here, now was he?

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
"Trixy, something's going on."  Ronen didn't stop to think.  He leaped up on the llama and jerked the reins away from the attendant.  "Let's go!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
Trixy had just climbed aboard her fluffy black and white llama when another scream rang out and Ronen spoke her thoughts. "Don't have to tell me twice!"

Yanking her own reins free from the startled attendant, she did what she had always dreamed of doing. Always.

She snapped the reins, threw her fist up like she was riding a bronco, and yelled, "YAAAH!"

Off the llama went, probably more startled by her yell than actually obeying any command, at an awkward, agonizing trot in the wrong direction. "No! Fuck you, llama! It's the other way! The other way, dummy!"

It took some maneuvering, but finally she got it turned around. With a flip of her hair, she cleared her throat. "Ahem. Take two. YAAAH!"

And off they went, trotting not quite into the sunset, but toward the monkey exhibit, at least.

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:20 am »
When you see your boss rush off toward screaming civilians, the best course of action is to follow suit. Leslie did just that, he ran at full speed toward the monkey exhibit. Maybe he could shoot something. That was always fun, and he had his flechette pistol on his hip. One could only hope to be so lucky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal