Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Edanith Plots  (Read 665 times)

Paradox

Edanith Plots
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:53:15 pm »
I have a character named Bryant Artair whom I had created for another roleplayer , but said roleplayer went MIA months ago. I am still trying to get in contact with them, but this doesn't mean I cannot play the character.

I'd prefer to do threads (for now) that occur before he becomes a pilot of the Gemini program since Nemo came up with that idea and it feels wrong using it without her.

So, does anyone have a character on Edanith that I could interact with? I'm really open to any kinds of plots here though I do like action-adventure and comedy. :)

Lilu

Re: Edanith Plots
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »
I have Tuesday! She lives in the ruins of Edanith by herself in an abandoned house. She does go to the city to steal and scavenge. I would love to do action adventure or comedies. Those are my favorite. Maybe she could try and steal from him in the city? Or something different. Any ideas?

Brisinger987

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:23:38 pm »
I have Robbie, who is my only valid character at present? He's a robot soldier/mercenary with full AI capacity, and most likely the first fully voice character on the site. I will voice him, because I'm awesome.

Paradox

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »
@ Lilu - My character really shouldn't go to the city. He's not chipped so he'd be in really big trouble with the Edani law if he was discovered. Not that he's about to go casting spells if he visits civilization anyway. He's dumb ,but not that dumb. lol.

I suppose I could find an excuse for him to visit one though. Maybe he needs to buy something that can only be found there. Perhaps medicine for a family member or something like that.  Your character could then steal the money that he was going to use to buy the medicine with. xD So nice! So he chases your character *cue ridiculous chase scene in which a 16 year old girl somehow manages to outmaneuver and outrun a 21 year old man. But , it's believable because I image he's spent most of his life living in a small town. He'd be totally lost in the city and pretty ignorant. Sad. xD

@Bris - Alright, but I'm not really sure though what you'd like to do. You could join Lilu and I , perhaps if either of you was open to that. If not, I'm up for separate threads as well.

There's also probably some work that could be done in Bryant's town. I imagine with them living in the middle of nowhere that they probably have trouble with bandits and such. There could even be a wanted criminal hiding out in the town that no one even knows about that your merc is after .

Siorus does have a militia , but it's small so they could always use extra help and they can pay. Just not nearly as much as folks from the city, I'd wager.

If either of you two have extra ideas, feel free to toss them my way.

Brisinger987

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »
Omg, Paradox, you've had a stroke of genius! I like your idea of the whole "find the criminal plot"!

Here's what I'm thinking: Tuesday is snooping around town, when suddenly, to everyone's surprise, the town gets isolated by a containment field, and Robbie is allowed in, looking for a criminal who is hiding out in town.

The containment field fries organic matter (as demonstrated by a rat which tries to leave or something), and everyone is forced to give up their privacy to allow Robbie to conduct a thorough search.

How does that sound?

Lilu

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 02:15:53 pm »
Whatever works for you! And she's pretty quick seeing as she grew up on the streets. She's tiny and knows how to take care of herself, even if it's only by the skin of her teeth.

Paradox

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:54 pm »
@ Bris- That's fine. Most people don't normally leave town anyway because it's pretty dangerous. I imagine there aren't just bandits but a lot of big, dangerous predatory animals native to Edanith hanging about waiting to feast on the yummy flesh of dumb wandering terraformers as well. >>

The only people who are really going to be inconvenienced here are merchants/traders.

@ Lilu- If you can figure out a reason as to why Tuesday would be out in the middle of nowhere at the town of Siorus then I'd say join Bris and I.  If that doesn't work for you then we can go with a thread in the city.I can work with either of these options.

Lilu

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:11 pm »
She lives there and enjoys wandering around so that's totally doable. :)

Brisinger987

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:54 pm »
Still an inconvenience! I think it would be a good plot

Paradox

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »
@ Lilu- Are you saying both options are doable and that you're open to threading with Bris and I or are you saying yes to the city option only? This is what I'm trying to figure out here.

@Bris- Indeed it will!

Now, I'm willing to manage key NPCs. We haven't decided on who the criminal is yet though so are we going to leave this ambiguous and to be revealed later in which case I'd probably leave it up to you to not only reveal the criminal, but play them as well.  I suppose I wouldn't mind playing the criminal either if you'd rather have that.

Lilu

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »
Sorry I meant the wilderness is doable because she lives out there. I'll try to be more clear next time.

Paradox

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »
Cool beans. Thank you for clarifying!  :)

I guess I'll start the thread off to establish the setting of Siorus. I'll try to have it up tonight or tomorrow after work ; I'll PM you both with the link once it's ready to go!

Paradox

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 05:08:10 pm »
Annnnnd done! I'm so sorry that it took me longer than intended. Just haven't been feeling too well lately.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal