Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Leaning Towards Solace...  (Read 697 times)

Lilu

Leaning Towards Solace...
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
Tuesday was going back to her home after a long, but productive day of pickpocketing and working. She actually got a few good scraps from the garbage as well. It was amazing how much food the townsfolk threw out. She found an entire chicken in the dumpster that was only half eaten. Jackpot! Brushing off some of the other trash and it was good to go. Tuesday did eat some of it, but knew better not to. It would be good breakfast in the morning.

She placed it in her worn bag along with other things she scavenged as she walked home. No, danced home! It was always boring walking all the way back were she lived. She might as well make a game of it. She twirled constantly in her pink tutu she was wearing, her tangled yellow hair whipping through the air. She stood on her tip toes in her pink heels and raised her fishnet covered arms above her head like an actual ballerina. Tuesday hummed to herself, not really humming anything specific.

In no time, she was back at her place. A worn down house in the middle of no where. It was extremely dusty everywhere and the paint was far from peeling off the walls. You cannot even tell what color they were before. There were holes in the roof that Tuesday quite enjoyed at night. She could fall asleep to the stars peeking through the holes. Some of the walls were broken down and replaced with colorful sheets that Tuesday stole from a clothing line. The wood creaked constantly when she walked across them, along with the clicking of her high heels.

Plopping her heavy bag onto a plain and worn white mattress with a few knitted quilts on top, she moved it over revealing a hole. It was where she stored all of her food so no one could steal it. Like anyone would anyway. They were all too busy getting fed by people in black and white costumes. Hiding her food, she pulled dirty mattress back over the hole and sat on it. Taking off her shoes, she rubbed her feet through the dark tights. A few of her toes were sticking out of the holes in them. Tuesday wiggled them slowly and sighed.

Fortunately, Naja came from around a corner. She trotted over and greeted her warmly. "Hey, Naja!" Tuesday greeted warmly. Lightly scrubbing the top of Naja's head, she fell back onto the mattress. The big lioness laid right next to her immediately. "Did you have a nice trip into the city? Did you bring me back anything?" Naja plopped her head onto my chest, looking at me with pitiful eyes. "Oh!" Tuesday popped up. "I almost forgot! Thanks for reminding me!" Digging through her bag, she pulled out a butterfly necklace. "I saw this and knew you had to have it." Naja sat up, looking happy to get her present. "I guess it's sort of a thank you for being there with me from the beginning. I wouldn't have made it this far without you." She then placed the necklace on Naja with care. It fit perfectly. "You're welcome..." Naja then rubbed her face against hers, showing her affection. Tuesday rubbed back happily.

Hecate

Re: Leaning Towards Solace...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:08:40 pm »
Blasted desert! Ephriam Ramsey thought as he trudged through the sandy wasteland (as he saw it) in the sweltering heat, sweating heavily beneath his apparel.  He panted and grumbled as his long brown coat brushed the tops of his big army boots as he walked, black leather gloves shoved deep in his pockets.  Every few minutes, his rose tinted glasses would slip down his long nose again, and he would curse and push them back up - again.  All for the sin of his choice in clothing, as well as his stubborn paranoia.

He flinched away as he saw some creature scuttle across the sand nearby and cursed himself and the desert again.  I should have thought this through, perhaps.  A vehicle might have been a better choice.  But he'd been too eager that morning, too consumed in his new idea that required a test subject so immediately.  He'd been in such a whirlwind that Izzy's words on the subject didn't sink in until he was already a hour out.  His thin fingers flexed in his gloves, sweating as much as the rest of his thin frame - by heavens he didn't know a human could sweat so much! - and his eyes scanned the dunes.

He thought the brightly colored ruin was a mirage at first.  Who could really blame him?

Ruins aren't colorful, he groaned to himself, mourning the loss of his brilliant sanity as he threw up his hands.  And walls don't billow in the blasted breeze!

But if he was crazy, he decided, he might as well investigate the effects.

". . .being there with me from the beginning. I wouldn't have made it this far without you."

And now I'm hearing things - lovely!  And little brats, no less.  He shook his head as he neared, his thin red hair swaying a bit in front of his glasses.  And yet, as he trudged closer, he began to discount his previous theory of insanity in favor of the hope of reality.  What he'd thought were brightly colored billowing walls, were in fact sheets, he could see from this distance.

He clapped his gloved hands together and picked up his pace slightly, inching around the corner to find the entrance, a board creaking beneath his heavy boots.

Lilu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »
Tuesday's head snapped in the direction of the creaking. Intruder. Thankfully, her shoes were off so she could go into stealth mode. If she was quiet enough, she would probably be able to steal the person's wallet without them noticing and hide. When they leave, they wouldn't suspect a thing until they were miles away. Tuesday crouched low, a snarl on her lips as she crawled over to the wall. Taking a peak, she saw a big man wearing a huge trench coat. He looked dangerous. She had to be cautious.

Where the man was standing was almost perfect. There was an opening in the wall covered by the sheets. When he gets close enough, she would sneak around until she was behind him. She would then very carefully steal whatever treasures he had on them and hide in her panic room (which was the oven). She was skinny enough to fit in there. Patiently, she waited for him to get just a bit closer before she made her move.

Hecate

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:16:59 pm »
The seeming absence of life threw the scientist off and he frowned, moving to the side to look for the origin of the voice he was certain he had heard just moments before.  He kept one gloved hand in his pocket at all times.  His grey eyes flicked around the room, taking in the small signs of life.  "Hello?" he tried.

"I won't hurt you, I promise," he said after another moment and a few more slow steps.  He wasn't about to mention the syringe in his pocket.

Lilu

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »
When he reached the spot, Tuesday began to go around quietly. Her toes lightly touched the dirty wooden floor silently as she quickly made her way behind him. Taking out her knife, she waited and hoped that he would leave. If not, Tuesday wouldn't hesitate to slit his throat. She began to wonder if she should risk stealing something of his. It would be extremely risky and she shouldn't go for it. Tuesday decided to go back to her panic room. Very slowly, she crawled over to the oven. Opening it slowly, she kept her eyes on the intruder the whole time. She then climbed into the oven and pulled the door closed silently.

Hecate

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 05:33:37 pm »
Ephriam sighed, coming full circle in the ruins.  He stood there for a long moment and just looked around, bewildered.  He had heard her, had heard a voice and he was still fairly sure he was sane.  Or at least not that insane.  After a moment more he simply sighed and sank down onto the bed in the corner and shook his head.  He was too tired to head back yet - he planned to just wait for a while.

Lilu

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 05:47:09 pm »
After a few minutes, she heard nothing. Did the intruder leave or was he being really quiet? Tuesday was too afraid to check. She just stayed in the oven and waited. Being no stranger to being patient, she could wait in there all day. When night came, she would sneak out and if he was still not gone she would figure out what to do when that time came. Unfortunately, it was extremely tiny in the oven and her legs began to cramp. Maybe she couldn't stay in there all day. If only Tuesday could get a little more comfortable. Very slowly, she began to move her legs a bit to try and find a better position.

Hecate

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:51:16 pm »
Meanwhile, Ephriam had managed to fall asleep, slumped over on the bed.  He'd curled up slightly, a bit of drool soaking the ragged pillow.  He looked exceedingly harmless laying there, face smooshed into the fabric and slowly gaining it's grooves in the skin of his face.  It was likely the long walk that had done it - he was a man of science!  Walking so long was foreign for him and his gangly frame was wholly unsuited to it.  The traveling he'd done today was even worse than the time the elevators went out in Thanatos Labs and he'd had to climb all thirty-seven flights of stairs.  At least that had been in the cool of the indoor AC and with readily available water.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal