Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Artificially Awkward (Nemo!)  (Read 1173 times)

Paradox

Artificially Awkward (Nemo!)
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:42 am »
ooc: This thread is open ,but only upon request. Please pm me first if you're interested in joining . Thank you!

This thread takes place some time before Taste Not Controlled by the Law in Cahal's timeline.

Ideally, I'd like this to be a lulzy ,awkward fun times(no , not that kinda fun for those of you pervs whose minds went there)  thread.  That said, don't let posting be stressful for you and don't stress others out over their post! This is largely for the lulz so have FUN!

I can't believe he forgot this year. Cahal glanced at the clock on the wall behind his desk. Two minutes more and he could leave the office. Normally, on this particular day, Murdock would have pestered him by now. For the first time in the four or five years that Cahal had known the man, it looked like this year would be different. He stretched his arms and legs and leaned back in his seat. Please make him forget. Please. Either that or at least give me enough time to run home before he realizes what today is. He glanced at the clock. It was time. Time to go home. Yes! Okay, Reilley. Just act casual and walk towards the door. Don't make eye contact and don't acknowledge anyone. Pretend you hear nothing and don't stop moving until you get home.  He took a deep breath and rose from his desk after logging out of his computer.I can do this. Okay, here we go.

He moved away from his desk , walking with swift purpose towards the door. He was almost there. So close when a familiar voice caused him to freeze .

"Hey, Cahal. Isn't today your -"

"No, you're mistaken. " Cahal cut off his co-worker's sentence icily before the poor woman could finish.

She frowned at his back, "I'm pretty sure it is. Today's your birth-"

"I have to go. Have a nice day, Officer Valerian," He cut her off again and exited through the doors, making his way to the freedom of the outdoors. So far so good. Cahal looked around, searching for signs of his elusive partner. I wonder what he's up to? Oh well, I probably don't want to know. 

He crossed the street and continued his way briskly down the sidewalk, down a flight of stairs and to the subway station to wait for the train. He felt something on his waist vibrate. He unclipped his cell phone from his belt , flipped it open and held it up to his ear, " Hello?"

"Reilley," the cold voice of his father spoke on the end of the other line.

Damn it! Forgot to screen my call again. I don't want to talk to him.

"What do you want?" Cahal inquired,matching his father's cool indifference and fighting to keep any emotions out of his inflection.

"Nothing. I just remembered that today was your birthday. That's all. "

"Really, and since when have you given damn about that?"

There was a brief silence on the other end of the line and then his father sighed, sounding irritated, "You're still upset over it,aren't you?"

"Wouldn't you be?"

"No, not really. It's not that important-"

"To you." Reilley cut him off before he could finish, " It wouldn't kill you to tell me the truth, but I honestly think you enjoy playing games with me and withholding information that I have every fucking right to know. You like having that kind of power over people, I know you so well. "

"Listen here-"

"I don't have time to listen to more of your excuses. I have a train to catch," and he flipped the phone shut, ending the call. He was lying, of course. The train wasn't due for another couple minutes. Fucking bastard. I don't need your help. I'll figure things out on my own whether you want me to or not. 

The train came screeching to a stop in front of him and he waited patiently for the passengers on board to step off before he boarded the one of the rear cars. He took a set beside an peculiarly dressed fellow in tight , vibrant leathers and with wildly colored rainbow mohawk. The kid had to be eighteen or nineteen. He was tall and lanky and a little too awkward looking to be a delinquent.

Much to Cahal's annoyance, the kid leaned over him with his arm extended, holding out a box for him to take in his palm. "Rough day, bro? No offense, man but you look like shit.  I think you could use one more than me. Help yourself."

Cahal took one look at the smokes and then at the kid , "You know those will shorten your life by approximately 7.5 years, right?"

"Pshah! Suit yourself then, pops." The mohawk kid took his smokes away and left Cahal alone for the remainder of the trip.

A couple of stops later, Cahal got off the train and left the station, ascending the stairs and emerging back onto the main street. He continued walking until he reached his apartment complex, a tall and narrow building with about thirteen floors. The door to the complex building was locked and entrance required an audio and retina fingerpint scan. Cahal went through the procedure and waited for the door to unlock before he grabbed the door and opened it.

He took the stairs up, climbing until he reached the ninth floor. He continued his way left and down a hall, passing several doors until her reached his room, "L9, F126". He entered the passcode on the door and spoke today's pass phrase. The door unlocked and he stepped inside," Wallace, lights. "  At his command, the lights flickered on.

"Ah. Good evening sir. Welcome home, " Wallace, his apartment's main computer replied in its usual cheerful tone.

Cahal didn't reply immediately, he shut the door behind him and locked it then removed his suit coat and hung it up on the coat hanger next to him. "Are there any missed calls for me?"

"Indeed, sir. Remington Murdock called three times."

Cahal scowled , " Did he leave a message?"

"No sir, but I think he wanted to tell you whatever news he had in person. "

"Oh really? And how do you know that."

"Well, he's right behind you sir. "

"WHAT!?" Cahal whirled around to find Murdock standing there in his kitchen with an apron on . He was  bent over a bowl with a mixing spoon in his hand. The old man looked up from stirring whatever was in the bowl and grinned, "Heya, buddy!" He greeted cheerfully and waved.

"What the hell are you DOING in my apartment?!"

Murdock stared at Cahal and shrugged, " It's your birthday. I thought I'd stop by and we could celebrate a little more to your liking since those prostitutes I paid for last year made you feel so uncomfortable. For the record though, I paid a lot of credits for that. It was damn good entertainment."

"They were transvestite aliens. " Cahal scowled. ",and they weren't even remotely humanoid."

"True, but they had tentacles and boy did they know how to use them. "

Cahal slapped a hand over his eyes and sighed, "Ugh...please tell me there's no surprise stripper in my cake this year."

The old man laughed, "Naw. I'm making the cake myself! "

"Wait..you're the making the cake? But Murdock, you can barely make toast without burning it.  "

The old man shrugged, "Ah well. I just mix all this stuff together in the package and throw it in the oven. Wallace'll figure it out for me."

"Need I remind you, sir, that I am not programmed for such tasks. A directive is required." The computer interjected.

"Okay, before I even ask any further about that,...how did you get in here, Murdock?" Cahal sighed again.

The old man went back to stirring his cake batter, "Wallace let me in."

"Wallace!"

"Apologies ,sir. Mister Murdock insisted that it was an emergency and that it was imperative that I grant him access to your personal quarters. He said , and I quote, 'his life depends on it!' "

Cahal had nowhere in particular to stare. Wallace was everywhere so he simply glared at his co-worker , "And you were dumb enough to believe him!?"

"You told me that you trust him with your life so I assumed-"

"Oh nevermind. He's in now and there goes a nice , quiet evening to myself." Cahal crossed the room and collapsed into one of the lazy chairs in the small space that served as his reading area.

ooc: I think it'd be amusing if Leill was helping Murdock make cake, but that's me. xD

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:46:39 am by Paradox »

Enkashi

Re: Artificially Awkward (Nemo!)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:50 am »
Leill hadn't been expecting to be bought.

She was a defective unit, and her first owner had made clear she wasnt worth much now. She understood about money and found herself agreeing. She'd been sold to some tech outlet as an exchange up, and he'd gotten a value equal to 35.9% compared to what she'd cost - but, that was better than the price he'd have gotten at value. So that was alright. ... Jerk.

So it was that as she sat in power conservation mode that an elderly human man scooped her up under her arms and turned her this way and that, bought her, got her a new set of power cells, and led her off to 'see her new owner, won't he just be so pleased'! She kept touching her sternum a bit, an the warm hum of her new power cell met her hands like a heartbeat! She blushed when she was asked about this and of course gave an honest reply because that was her directive, and the old man had smiled, said he couldn't give someone a gift with no damn batteries, and paid no further attention to her until he handed her a box of cake mixture, an egg crate, and pushed her into the kitchen without a command.

The Dreel gynoid had stared longingly after him a full minute and a half until she at last considered what he'd given to her. Cake... Mixture. Huh. Well... There's a thing. She wished he'd given her a command - then she would know what was expected of her. But, left to her own devices, she set to it... In her own very special way.

It had to start with the kitchen. The place was a horror picture show, the home of.a man who did not eat in much but was too busy to clean up after himself as religeously as he should. Domestic service was part of her directive, so, feeling on safer ground, the automatonic girl... Got on with things! Top down, she was programmed to clean - from the top... down. The counters were cleared, empty food things tossed, and old papers meticulously organized in two piles - official looking, and 'file under g' ads. She was a blur of activity, taking refuge in the fact that a clean house was something a master always loved! Always always! Everything in her programming said this was so.

And the house computer was very helpful, too - he told her where things were even before she found herself directly needing them! He (she was fairly sure the computer was a he) seemed glad someone was cleaning his master's things...

But once at least the kitchen was clean - pristine, every surface gleamed, she... Examined the cake again. THIS she'd never done before... So she set to work! It went really well! Riiight up intil the point she discovered that the milk was sludge so thick and foul that as she held the jug upside down... It sidn't come out. Curiously, she peered into the opening to be sure there WAS milk.. And unfortunately, this brought her nose into proximity with the opening!

"BLUH!" And her kneejerk reaction saw the plastic jug hurtle into the cake batter that was still mostly dry, flippin the bowl up and onto her face and body, the dampness of it with the eggs the recipe required making her shirt cling tight to her body. The girl stood stock still a moment (or sixty)... And then, very calmly, unhooked the bowl from he left horn, righted the horrifying milk (while keeping her face well away), closed it and wandered into the room where Cahal and Murdock argued.

"M-mister Murdock... I'm afraid the milk is bad..." She said, her voice tiny as a mouse, her elfin ears sagging hugely in her despair! She would be sold again, and her battery would be removed and she'd live on a shelf forever and ever an ever an ever! She was on the verge of bursting into tears, the comic itony of the situation lost on her completely.

Paradox

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:21:11 am »
“…the point is, Wallace, you can’t just let people into my home whenever they want because I ‘trust them’. “

“Apologies for pointing out sir, but one should not exercise words like trust to define individuals whom one is not comfortable with sharing one’s intimate domain with-“

“Dammit ,Wallace! You know what I meant!”

“I’m not so confident, sir, most of my deductions are all hypothetical based on a collection of observations. Such collected data is , while highly precise, still inadequate due to your erratic programming function-“

“I am not erratic and I have no programming-“

“Nonsense. Everything man-made and living that exists contains a basic program. Humans call their program ‘nature’ .”

“That’s not the same-“

“Oh, I beg to differ.“

Murdock listened to man and machine bicker with one another over – well , he hadn’t been paying that much attention. He was the first to take notice of Leill and at her words, he grinned, “No milk , huh? Not to worry, sweet pea. What happened to it? Thought there was a carton in the fridge. “ Then he laughed, “Or did you let it go bad again Cahal?”

Before Cahal could reply, Wallace interjected,“Regrettably, this is a detrimental habit that Reilley seems to have acquired within the last month and three days. He used to be rather meticulous with preserving the utmost state of sanitation and organization in this apartment. It’s quite disconcerting and insalubrious how far his standards have fallen. Had I been constructed with a physical and mobile shape, I would have taken it upon myself to amend this tragedy, but alas, my manufacturers specifically designed me for more basic functions. My model is one of the economical designs. There’s another one that’s nearly identical to mine … WALLACE- 134TXR , “ a metallic sigh, “ and he – rather, they are the top of line domestic computer systems, you see. They even come with their very own mobile arms which they can use to perform so many more functions than yours truly. Think of the possibilities! If I weren’t WALLACE-127TXQ- well, then I could make this apartment immaculate!

I’m only so fortunate that my manufacturers did not possess a cruel sense of humor and decide to fully install a complete system of mock-human sensory programs or I suppose that I would have to suffer the smell. I do not know what spoiled milk smells like and I suppose that I should be grateful. My knowledge database tells me that, to an extensive range of humanoid species, the aroma is bad enough to induce vomiting.

Anyway, in my spare time, I have been formulating an interesting theory about where Reilley’s peculiar shift in behavior stems from- “

“Wallace, be quiet or I’m deactivating you!” Cahal threatened.  Honestly, he sometimes wished he’d found a cheaper apartment where the computers didn’t talk back to him or have any kind of personality. Living with Wallace was almost like having an obnoxious roommate that never stopped watching you or commenting on every little thing that you did. Wallace couldn’t help it though. His world was small, he was too intelligent for his own good, and he was often so very bored with his physical limitations.

Wallace chuckled. It wasn’t quite a human sound, but it was eerily close. About as close as his metallic voice could be, “Only for the night. You will end up reactivating me when you wake to perform your bodily functions. Without my assistance, how else would you wake up on time for work? ”

“Don’t think I won’t do it!”

Murdock cleared his throat, “ Hey, uh…I think I’m gonna go to the store and pick up some milk real quick. In the meantime, maybe you’d like to introduce yourself to the lady here.” He gestured to Leill.

Cahal only now noticed the android’s presence and did a double-take. Why did it look like…something out of a certain game he played? Was that thing REAL or …? And why was she covered from head to toe in flour? Oh…so she’d been helping the old man with his little baking project. “What or who is that?” Cahal stared at Leill, not quite sure what to make of her. 
Murdock grinned, “ Ya can’t tell? “

“She’s your…date? Well, if you two start getting too friendly, you’re not doing THAT here.”

The old man laughed, “No! This is…a uh…er. Forgot whacha call ‘em but I’ll just call her Leill cause that’s what she called herself. “

Cahal blinked, more confused, “What?”

“Well, see…I found her at one of those nerd stores. ”

“Nerd stores?”

“Yeah. Y’know those places ya go when ya pick up new parts to upgrade Wallace with. She’s an android. Anyways, I saw this lil gal and I noticed she looked like one of those blue goat people in that game you waste so much time playing so I thought you might appreciate that, “ he shrugged, “if not she comes with a buncha features that might be helpful around the house or you could use her as a companion. You’re too old to be celibate, Cahal.  Y’know, you could practice on your uh… your ‘technique’ on her since you’re too nervous to try with real women. I found some sexy costumes for that you could have her try on to get you in the mood -”

Cahal grabbed a book from the table in front of his chair and threw it at the old man, “ You sick bastard! Go get the damned milk!”

Murdock dodged the thrown book and headed for the door, “Alright, alright ! I’m going! I was just kidding , Cahal. Calm down!”

“If you could pick up some toilet paper and laundry detergent that would also be most helpful Mister Murdock. We’re out of that as well,” Wallace added.

“Geeze, Wallace is right . You really are off your game lately, Cahal. Anyway,I’ll be back! “

Cahal threw another book though not quick enough. Murdock was out the door ,leaving Reilley alone with Leill or whatever it was.

“Wallace, lock the door and don’t let him back in. “

“But sir , I don’t think that’s-“

“DO IT!”

“Yes, sir.”  The door locks clicked. “Note this as an example of his erratic behavior, Leill. His relationship with Mister Murdock is somewhat unstable. It’s a balance between what humans refer to as ‘love’ and ‘hate’ . It can be quite fickle and you will find many of Mister Cahal’s conducts to be quite illogical and contradictory, but I will do my best to explain each peculiar action or habit of his to you as they are revealed to lessen your confusion or concern.  Example: he tells me to lock the door now with the intention of keeping Mister Murdock out of his home. However, when Mister Murdock returns and announces his arrival, there will likely be an exchange of words and , in the end, I will receive a directive to cancel my initial one and  be told to unlock the door for him, thus granting Mister  Murdock entrance. “

“Wallace, you can stop analyzing me with company in the room.”

“Right. I forget sometimes how self-conscious you are, sir.” 

Cahal sighed and turned his attention to Leill, “ Alright, let’s try this again. I am Reilley Cahal and this is my apartment. Who are you?”

ooc: Poor Wallace. He really has nothing better to do. >>

Enkashi

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:23:17 pm »
Leill was unheeded for a full twenty seconds before Mr. Murdock even turned eyes on her - and she had to admit, the banter between the man who was to be her new master and Wallace was a new, fascinating thing! (Even if it was a little worrisome! Her new master was hard to please... oh, dear...) Turning her head to face him, her bi-colored gaze wide with apprehension at rejection turned out to be unnecessary - She'd never been anyone's 'sweet pea' and his gentle tones gave her considerable hope and comfort, her ears perking a bit as she relaxed somewhat!

The gynoid gave Mr. Murdock a shy smile and bowed formally to him, her tail squirming very slowly behind her. She stood transfixed, still in the grip of apprehension of her own possible denial of battery life in particular, but of home and purpose in general. She didn't want to go back to the store! She was about to ask permission - from Mr. Murdock, mind you, Master Cahal seemed terribly busy threatening poor Wallace with deactivation to notice her, but... then Mr. Murdock mentioned her at last!

He called her a lady! She felt elated at such a referral, flattered and gratified all at once - it made her feel like... a person! She wasn't really... Leill knew that better than anyone - her previous master and the shop owner had made these things painfully clear, but... nobody could take her dreams away from her without a wrench, and she'd jolly well... Struggle! Most emphatically!

Cahal's initial reaction to her made her cringe just slightly, blush bright purple, and stare at her hooves. As she was referred to, and her origin was explained, she tenatively raised a finger (and her gaze) and made to speak a couple times - only for what she said each time to get said on her behalf, making her shut her mouth and lower her finger and gaze once more, eyes still wide with apprehension. She felt... tiny, like a bug under a microscope until at last attention was driven away from her again. She really should have cleaned herself up before mentioning the milk.

Cahal's stern inquiry made her cringe. The gynoid looked as if she was going to burst into tears, but this was a direct command and she came out with her factory blurb in her state of mind-numbing terror.

"I... I'm a Gamertron XPPA 2007617, Dreel edition... Um..." and here her voice slid into the advertisement speech she'd been programmed with. "The Gamertron 'Xtra Powuh' Personal Android is a state of the art gaming machine designed for the middle class gamer, with a slew of features, extended battery life, full residential programming and interchangeable personality modules! Game with style (and a pretty lady!) with the XPPA!" she said, looking like she wanted to die - some parts of that were highly embarrassing!

"I-I'm d-defective but... but most of my functions still work perfectly!" she sounded pleading a moment. "My name is Leill, Master Reiley Cahal... I am v-very happy to make your acquaintance. she said, and bowed low to him, her long elfin ears drooping as she shook like a leaf.

Paradox

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:22 pm »
He stared at her for a bit, blinking. AI could be so weird at times, almost human. It somewhat unnerved him. He elevated a brow curiously ,"Er...first of all, you may call me Reilley. Don't call me Master again. Ever. " Because that was just too awkward. Stupid Murdock and his erotica.

Cahal frowned and leaned forward in his chair, "Second, what do you mean when you say that you're defective? What functions , exactly ,were intended in your programming?"

ooc: so short!

Enkashi

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 11:58:45 pm »
If she was made to appear terrified, ashamed of being covered in flour and egg, awkward in the french housemaid outfit Mr. Murdock made her wear, and uncertain of her fate, the programmer probably was a wealthy man now. She, staring at her hooves, nodded in obedience as he told her not to call him master. The ever made her wince, but she looked up at him and met his eyes as she said "Yes, Riley" and looked down again. It felt odd to call someone by their first name.

"Well..." She responded, ears flicking as she considered and counted on her hand. "I have homemaking programs, medical programs, I can interface with most Networked computer systems... I... Speak and write most languages of the peoples and races of Aedolis... But... My personality module is static, my eye colors won't change, and my personality module has permutated considerably from the Meileen module... B-but when I was..." For a moment, she looked like she'd cry "...traded in, the shop did a full scan and most of my functions remain intact, Reiley." She responded obedienty.

Paradox

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:49 am »
"Hm. Well, since you put it like that , that does sound like you have some practical uses. I don't know...I really don't. Wallace does pretty much everything I need." Cahal frowned, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Except cleaning. This place is an utter disaster area! It looks like someone dropped an atomic bomb here. Twice! Look at that! Unfolded and wrinkled vestments piled on your bed which, by the way , you haven't slept in for for how long now? ! ! And where's Socrates? Did he get buried somewhere in this dump?! Did you forget to feed him again? Or change his litter box? "

Cahal shrugged, "I didn't forget to feed the cat and as for the clothing, I'll get around to it soon."

"That's what you told me three weeks ago, but the pile keeps growing! Oh my, it's only a matter of time before you start forgetting to dust out my circuitry and then I short out and where will you be then? Do you see what I must deal with Leill? The man is hopeless without me! Sir, I implore you, please reconsider. I think that Leill's permanent residency here would be most beneficial. Why, just think of all the functions we could perform with my knowledge and her mobility and physical form, we could accomplish so much! Your apartment can be cured of this plague of filth and be immaculate once more!" Wallace sounded very enthusiastic over keeping the gynoid which was...creepy. He'd never heard Wallace so excited before. It almost felt like this was more of a gift to his computer than it was to him. 

Reilley sighed, "I can't believe I'm hearing myself say this, but fine. She can stay."

"Splendid! You will not regret your decision , sir!"

"Just a moment. I'm not finished. If I find anything wrong with you, Leill. Anything I don't like, I'm returning you. Understand?"

ooc: lol Cahal sounds so mean. Sadly , he's not being very specific about what he means by that but I left it vague for dramas and lulz.

Enkashi

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 04:16:56 am »
For a moment or two, Leill thought Reilley really, really would take her back to the store. She stared down at her hooves as if hoping they would explode, but who should jump in her defense but Wallace! She really did like him - he was very kind to her, he was helpful nearly to a fault, and he was enthusiastic about her presence - really, he was the first person who ever had been! She made a mental note to clean him before Reilley took her back.

But... Then came his unexpected decision! He would keep her! She looked up at him wide-eyed, her heterochromatic eyes full of hope! Even his stern promise that if he didn't like her, he'd return her failed to grab hold of her buoyant spirit! She made a strained, squeaking little noise an her emotive ears perked high on her head! Everything about her looked as if it was saying yay! And so it was with a big smile of sincere joy and a voice that was threatening to explode from all the YAY it contained, she bowed to him, very deeply as if he was a ing!

"Th-thank you very much Reilley, sir!" She squeaked, considering that 'sir' was probably ok - after all it was just punctuation and she looked a moment as if she might catch fire with glee! She stood straight after a respectful moment, and just narrowly caught a battered egg before it fell to his floor. She cupped the still whole yolk like a baby - it was still good, she had no body oils an the clothes were clean. It was even still cool!

"Um! R-Reilley sir, may I have permission to go clean myself? I cleaned your kitchen, sir, And went through your refrigerator... I a-apologize about the dry cake mixture but I think..." She blushed, acutely embarrassed "I th-think the milk tried to eat me. With your permission, I will rectify this." She said, her voice as meek as a mouse - one with an apron and a little frilly french maid's bonnet!

Paradox

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:10 am »
Cahal stared at her, watching her deftly catch a fallen egg with better precision than his mechanical half. Perhaps even his organic half. Damn androids. He shook his head at the mention of the milk trying to devour her,  "The milk tried to...what?"

"Most likely she means that it overwhelmed her olfactory sensory programming, " Wallace replied, never missing a moment to add in his two credits. "I wish I could give you my sincerest sympathies ,Leill , but as you know I possess no capability of comprehending such organic functions. "

"Spoiled milk, right, " Cahal replied with a slow nod and then added," Sure. Do whatever you feel that you need to. Maybe you could change your clothing as well. No offense, but the maid outfit is a little...weird. Did Murdock provide you with anything normal? "

Enkashi

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:44:42 am »
Leill blushed a little and looked awkward "He..." she paused, and considered her next sentence. 'I don't really know', she judged, was not a career advancing thing to say at this point. She considered the outfits he'd given her - a schoolgirl outfit, complete with skirt and.. yes, the blouse and the scarf - blue and white it was. Skimpy, too. Then there was the 'sultry' outfit she could only think of as the 'lacey one' - black lace, in fact, played a major role in the design. Yikes. She felt she needed a whip just looking at it - the fact that this outfit INCLUDED one she did not dare to speculate about!

Then there was the dress. It wasn't substantial, really... but he said the cut suited her well. It even had a hole where it tied in the back where she could comfortably put her tail! What made it all the better was that it was a lovely dark pastel blue-green color, and had a pretty star and moon motif. She quite liked it. So, she nodded. She could probably take the stockings from the schoolgirl outfit, the substantial dark silk undergarnments from the... LACE. Yeah. She could make something nice from this, Maybe even the scarf? She liked it - it was cute! And it went with her skin nicely.

She bowed again. "Yes, Reilley." she said, and dipped her gaze as she moved past him. It was the work of a couple moments to save the poor egg in a little bowl. AS an after thought, she sprinkled a little oil over it to keep it fresh, and replaced it in.. his considerably barren fridge. He would need groceries soon. Later.

Next, she set to sweeping up the mess, her expression intent as she chased every speck of flour from the countertops to the floor, then from the floor to the trash bin. She did what she could to clean up the maid's outfit, and thankfully most of it was on the apron - lace was remarkably good at catching flour, she noted! If her master didn't like the outfit, maybe she could use the lace for something?

"Would it be alright if I used your shower, Reilley sir?" she asked him once this was done - it took maybe four minutes.

Paradox

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 06:57:34 am »
She’s hesitates to answer. I knew it. That pervert!

Cahal watched the android work, feeling a flicker of envy at how she seemed to tackle such a simple task with such eagerness and precision that he simply hadn’t felt in over a month. What was wrong with him? He used to be able to do everything himself without a thought. Now he was putting off everything but work until Wallace resorted to extremely obnoxious behavior, singing sappy love songs(which Reilley HATED with a passion) off-key until it drove his owner insane and he caved in to the computer's demands.

Sighing, he rose from his seat and walked over tiredly to inspect the kitchen. He scrutinized every surface, his dark eyes desperately searching for a flaw so he could point out her flaws, to prove that machines were as fallible as he was. But everything was spotless. She was perfect and he felt inadequate. He looked at her, blinking and looking confused when she inquired about the shower, “ I suppose, but I didn’t know that androids need to take showers. “ He pointed the way, “ Left hall , first door on the right. “

The bathroom, at least, was somewhat clean! 

Enkashi

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:34 pm »
The gynoid bowed to him again in her formal little way and blushed considerably at his comment about the showering. But she still had LOTS of flower all over her, and getting changed was something she didn't wanna do in front of her master. Nothing in her programming supported that, but that small part of her that raised this minor point was a pillock and... A stupid robot-head face! She was not a stupid robot, so she would change in private.

"Thank you Reilley sir" she said, and gave him a shy little smile. As she walked to the bathroom... She saw a pair of trousers! And... A shirt! It was a pretty shade of blue, and pretty clean despite Cahal's best efforts... And it was just lying there. Her things were in his closet... But... But... She looked the clothes over - they would fit her alright... Wouldn't they? Such a pretty shirt... He had broader shoulders than she did... And he was thicker... But... Blue! Such a pretty blue... Biting her bottom lip, she wandered into the bathroom and shut te door behind her quietly with barely a click.

When she came out about ten minutes later, she was wearing Cahal's pretty blue shirt - it was nearly a dress on her, really. His trousers hadn't fit at all, so she tied his belt up as tight as it would go, and, the dirty maid's lace outfit in hand, stepped into the hall, her hooves clicking on the hard floors gently with little clip-clip sounds.

Paradox

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:29 am »
Cahal blinked, his expression mostly blank though the sense of bewilderment was hardly unnoticeable in his eyes, " Er. You're welcome." He was still wondering what she needed to use his bathroom for , but he decided that he'd rather not press for that information.

The moment she had her back turned, Cahal went to inspecting the counter again. He slid an index finger along the 'sparkling' tile, feeling for filth and then, when he couldn't feel any grime, he turned his hand over and glared at his fingertip. Nothing. Damn machines. He went over to the refrigerator and pulled the door ajar. "Hm. It's nearly empty. Guess I need to go to the store sometime." He noted that it looked cleaner, smelled cleaner. The andriod's doing? 

I don't even know what I'm going to do with that thing. What if it malfunctions and burns my apartment down? Or it stabs me in my sleep?

"Don't forget to close the fridge, sir. The temperature-" Wallace started to remind him ,as usual.

Cahal slammed the fridge and turned. That was when Leill came out wearing his clothes. HIS clothes. He stared at her. They fit. Sort of? They were ridiculously baggy on her slender frame. "Those are my clothes." He told her flatly, his tone slightly frosted. He didn't look particularly pleased to see her in his

"I think she looks quite handsome. "  Wallace said cheerfully, "You haven't worn that shirt in two years."

"That's because-"

"Come to think of it, that's the same shirt you wore the day before-"

"Speak another another word , Wallace, and I will deactivate you!"

"Alright. But, I must say ,sir, if you never intend to wear it again then it couldn't hurt to let Leill borrow it."

Before Cahal could say anything, a small, furry head poked out of Leill's pant pocket and made a tiny 'meow' sound.

"Socrates?" Cahal moved forward and plucked the small tuxedo cat from Leill's pocket and held the feline in his arms, "I should have known he'd be hiding in my clothes again."

"I keep telling you that you need to clean this place up." Wallace 'sighed'.

ooc: Just in case you may not have noticed , Cahal is actually shorter than her by an inch. x3 . No doubt though that his frame is likely broa is certainly

Enkashi

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »
"Uh...!" the gynoid said, raising one finger as she opened her mouth to speak. She'd been pinned to the spot where Cahal glared at her since the moment he'd done so, rigid with terror and mentally savagin herself for again, again defying protocol for pretty! She hadn't been able to control herself and it made her even more apprehensive! It was just such a pretty shirt, lying there all sad and alone!

She opened and shut her mouth a couple times during the course of the conversation about (rather than 'to' her, until at last she saw an out she could handle. A dirty house.

"Reilley sir... I would love to clean your house for you... It is... Part of m-my functions and one of my apps that come pre-loaded is housekeeping! " she squeaked, eyes affixed on the adorable kitten. She reached out to delicately pet ocer the tiny thing's head, a smile crossing her features. It was so precious!

"I only want to be useful to you." She began, looked at her shirt again and said "Please forgive me, I saw your shirt and trousers and... You said I should wear normal things, but didn't like what Mr. Murduck bought for me... I should have asked first." She bowed to him, eyes downcast

"Please forgive me, Reilley."

Paradox

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:57:32 am »
Begrudgingly, Cahal conceded, “Indeed. You should have though it is true that I did say that, “he sighed and shook his head, “and seeing as how I don’t intend to ever wear that particular outfit again , I suppose I can tolerate this alternative use. “  She did make logical points that he found would have been ridiculous to argue with machines. They couldn’t understand real emotions or the reasonings behind them. To them , they saw clothing that had been abandoned for some impractical reason. Why not use it? 

They tried to be humans- no, they were simply programmed by humans to have a personality of their choosing. And so when Leill said she didn’t like something, he didn’t believe her. Machines didn’t have real preferences. They liked whatever they were programmed to like or were programmed to like whatever their owner desired them to. The silly gynoid was probably just saying whatever he wanted to hear in order to save herself a trip back to whatever junk shop Murdock had found her in.

But he was curious to know what preferences this programmer had written for this particular droid. He folded his arms over his chest, “ Out of curiosity, what did you think of the …fashion choices of Murdock? Did you like them?” 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal