Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Finding Nemo-er Edyth. >.>  (Read 629 times)

Paradox

Finding Nemo-er Edyth. >.>
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »
I'm making this thread as a means of discussion for the possibility of continuing from Ground . Some of our ideas were expressed towards the end of this thread but since I made the final ic post, it seems inappropriate to continue discussing things there.

Anyway, I stand by my suggestions because I wouldn't know how else to bring everyone back together again in a believable sense for the simple fact that this is Midhaven that we're talking about.

If anyone has any ideas of their own, then feel free to share them here. :) 

FYI, though I am excited about threading with you guys again, I'm not trying to push for any immediate threading. ^^; I just figured I'd get the discussion rolling. *sage nods*

Roxy

Re: Finding Nemo-er Edyth. >.>
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »
Out of your suggestions presented (if y'all still want Bébé to be involved) I liked the “tracking down the same criminal to Midhaven; running into each other and Edyth” idea because, while very coincidental, I think it’s so far the most plausible.  The said crook should probably be of some notoriety so that it’d attract a wider range of police attention (hence, where Bébé might come in).  On the other hand, though, I don’t know if there’d be much for them to do once they do come across her, considering the point you made of them being outmatched, unless one of them was conveniently partnered with the psychic NPC idea you mentioned.

BUT!  I'm fine with whatever y'all would prefer/decide upon.

Another thing I’m interested in is whether or not Cahal’s gonna honor Edyth’s request, if he’d be able to.  If Nemo wants, and this is just a stray idea y'all can throw away or explore, Edyth's parents could either be questioned or put under surveillance for a short period of time (assuming if they’re still alive and nothing happened to them between Edyth being taken to TRIM to now), just to rule out whether or not they could be harboring Edyth.  That’s up to you and Nemo though (as Bébé wouldn’t be involved), anddd has nothing to do with this topic at hand xD
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:18:49 pm by Roxy »

Paradox

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:08:22 pm »
Convenient Psychic

Now this might be pretty far out there ,but the Chief (who still has no name) is a psychic. Now, he's NOT likely to be on Edyth's level , but I think of him as being of significant ability and would be a lot better suited for , at least, a proper defense. He does not engage in as much field work so that would be where the problem lies.

Promises
Hrm. I leave Cahal's promise to Edyth open to interpretation. Unless Nemo would like to play this out, I wasn't considering mentioning it again. (Plus, I didn't know whether or not we'd have these characters encounter one another again or not. )

I do believe her parents ARE indeed alive (sure I read this in Edyth's profile). The thing is Cahal , at present, has a LOT on his mind and something like this would not be a top priority since ,as far as he knows, he will never likely see Edyth again anyway.

That is a fair point about the parents and it was something I'd been considering IF Cahal (for whatever reason) was sent to investigate Edyth's background, I really couldn't see that happening though UNLESS Edyth was somehow connected to a case that Cahal might be working on. It could be indirectly , but her link would have to be significant ,I think, to warrant any sort of in-depth investigation.

Dysfunctional Duo

The guy Cahal is trying to track down is linked(though loosely) to something pretty serious (or at least it will be).It's just the the full gravity of the situation hasn't quite sunk in for everyone yet.

In brief:  Four somewhat high-ranking government officials have been  murdered within a fairly short period of time and within close proximity of each other. The most recent among these murders was at the Citadel itself which is,as you can imagine, pretty darn serious. 

All of these SEEM like isolated incidents. Random, unfortunate happenings committed by madmen/women. Oddly though, there's a pattern to these murders (very serial-killer like fashion) as though one person is committing them though each murder ended in a murder-suicide. Four different murderers using the same methods. Now , it could be the work of crazies orchestrating something or it could have simply been a series of really good copycat murders ,but Cahal isn't so sure. Something feels very off to him (and possibly some of his fellows) so he's not quite ready to just write this all off so easily and close these cases. And so he and Murdock have been talking to various witnesses and anyone remotely involved with the murder victims and the murderers themselves. 

This current 'criminal' I was suggesting on having them hunt is a man related to the guy who murdered Senator Cartwright (in another thread of mine). He's someone dangerous, of course, but not going to be as awesome as Edyth. He IS someone Cahal or B.B. (or perhaps the two of them together) could beat the crap out of.

OR it could be a different criminal, but right now my mind is tapped out so if anyone has a different idea then please do share!

Anyway,I am thinking that IF the cops crossed paths with Edyth, it wouldn't be voluntarily. What would happen though? Mmmm... I really couldn't say. I don't think Cahal would want to fight/try to capture her. lol...

Enkashi

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
I might be able to help a bit :3

Edyth's father is a policeman - praps a different part of the city, and he's... probably not got any psychic powers or rank to speak of, but it could well be that he's in a spot of trouble over all this, being put under suspicion and all that - something like this raises questions. I doubt he'd know about the bounty and all that, just that she's gone missing etc

Her mother is in real estate development (probably like mid-low level city management, a paper pusher and someone who organizes). and as a city official it could raise some trouble for her too - especially if she gets to hear about this - remember, they think that Eddie has been MIA!

Given that I agree and those two probably couldn't stop her without some backup, I do believe that Thanatos INC has a major branch in Heivah - They want Eddie back rather badly, her powers could well be the gateway to a number of useful technologies that could net them major profits and additional power - and that kind of thing is what the corporation is all about. They might - are perhaps even likely - to take in interest in the events in Heivah. They could well send a couple of their agents, either with Cahal and Bebe or on their own to hunt them down - and again, there is a huge level of corruption in Aedolis where TRIM is concerned - the corporation is a power in and of itself and its likely they could bribe someone up the food chain and get two agents who saw her and her powers first hand to help them with their inquiries >:3

I mentioned to Paradox in a chat session that Eddie needs weaknesses; to that effect, I would like to take suggestions from you two, but I have a couple to forward:

Her powers consist of absorbing/reforming materials and machines/devices, forming a MYSTERIOUS BLACK METAL, and hardening materials with the energy she produces.  SO, something that distrupts her ability to hold stuff together - an EM pulse might mess with her a bit. I've mentioned that there are antipsionic gasses and poisons, and she's psionic - so there's a thing there, though its rather implied these things don't work well on her. Any suggestions?

Roxy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:41:08 am »
@ Paradox – Ahh, ok, and that’d be a neat little connection insofar as the other criminal goes.  I could go with that!

@ Nemo – Ooooh that’s very interesting about her parents!!!  Hopefully that can be explored a little bit, then :3

Forgot about Thanatos Inc. in Haviah…in which case that’s another good plot idea. Dx  I’m torn, can somebody flip a shark a coin plz?  Or just merge the ideas together.

As far as weaknesses go, are there any (bad) health side effects of using her powers?  You mentioned in your prof. that there’s a limit to her endurance, just curious to know what that said limit is.

Also, could she have any elemental weaknesses?  As I get the impression that she mostly absorbs/uses metallic objects, I was going to suggest a pyrokinetic to go toe to toe with her, if not a hemokinetic (though that would be…um, too much I would say?  Since the impression I get from hemokinesis is that it’s RoTE’s brand of “bloodbending” >_>).  I admit I’m not going by scientific knowledge…more like…Pokemonz knowledge lol.

Enkashi

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:17:41 pm »
Roxy:

She does have limited endurance - After her training and all the prodding she got from TRIM, its a pretty high limit... but she does tire out eventually! A body can take only so much. As for negative side effects to her powers being used too much, who's to say - it stands to reason that this could be so, given that a side effect of her ability is that it reinforces stuff's material structure. What if she couldn't turn it off? What if she gave off too much power and stuff around her started getting superhard that she didnt WANT to be? Stands to reason.

Her mutation is a variant of electrokinesis, a mutated deviation - it could be that her mutation could progress the more she uses her powers - who knows what could happen?

As for elemental, psionic, or magical weaknesses, she's especially strong against stuff like lightning bolts etc, though I'd bet money some magnetic effects could play merry hell, and the EMP pulse like I said stands a strong chance of messing with her as well. She's resistant to psionic effects used against her - but fire, ice, acid, they are what they are - telepathy would be one thing, but an element? Thats not something you can just shrug off as easily - its there. She's... well, she could be outstripped in blasting power by somebody more experienced. What happens when the perfect spear meets the ultimate shield?

Something less straight up from another Electrokineticist might work - the blasting might be a bad plan, but trying to mess with her indirectly, like... magnetize her, or weaken the bonds that hold the metal plates together, or using reverse charges, hehehe... Could work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:20:51 pm by Nemo »

Paradox

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:19 am »
Oh boy. My brain just isn't around lately. >.>  I missed the last two posts for some reason. My apologies.

*sigh* Where shall I begin?

Weaknesses

I have nothing to offer. Most of this conversation is going over my head and I barely understand how an EMP works. All I know is from what little about it I've read and that is EMP stands for an electromagnetic pulse. It's a burst of electromagnetic energy that can either disrupt or destroy electric equipment. That's it. >>

I won't deny it. I'm slow upstairs. *taps the noggin*

"Cooperation" with Thanatos INC.

This is a fairly believable option and I'd be open to it. My character probably won't be too thrilled about it though. Hehe.

Merging Ideas

I think this could be done though I don't think Thanatos INC. would appreciate it if Cahal put the Citadel case before theirs (or they might see it as a way to get the government to owe them a favor by helping idk.). I can't say anything much yet but the real antagonist for the Citadel murder (technically murders) is a lot more threatening than Eddie is just on the fact alone that this serial-killer is fanatical, intelligent (well, they're smart enough to not get caught so far so it counts for something)  and very very insane (which goes without saying considering they're cutting people up and keeping/hiding random body parts. >> )  Naturally, Cahal doesn't know this yet...(no could possibly know that ) but Cahal has somewhat of an OCD and is like "Why don't you get someone else? I'm already working on a very important case and I DON'T want to be interrupted..." >> Hehe.

If that's too much to throw together I could put these cases on hold for later and this event with Edyth could happen while Cahal is waiting to hear back from the med lab about Cartwright's and his murderer's autopsy report.

(*forgive me if this doesn't make sense. Ugh. Sinuses are making my brain foggy and it has also significantly lowered my intelligence. Anyway, this is just my obligatory post saying that I like the ideas presented so far and  I support.  :/ ) 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:14:35 am by Paradox »

Roxy

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:33:08 pm »
All righty, so we've a definite basis for all three bumping into each other again courtesy of Thanatos Inc.  B.B.'s not gonna pleased that's fo sho xDDDDdddddddddd

Anyway, outta curiosity, Nemo - why's Eddie going to Midhaven?  Lack of other options for transportation out or is there another reason?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal