Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Gates and Monsters for Daring Adventurers [Open]  (Read 2099 times)

SuperMachinegun

Gates and Monsters for Daring Adventurers [Open]
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:52 am »
The sun burns through the cloudless sky of the Frontier, powerful gales of sand and heat sweeps the outskirts of little towns in the barren land where adventurers try their luck in finding treasure rumoured to have been left by ancient travelling hunters. People wandering in these parts have different intentions in battling though its environment. Though some hunt for treasure and for fame, some have been travelling though its complicated terrain for serious quests.

"It has been days since the last time we were on a small town in the Frontier," an adolescent girl with long black hair sighed out loud as she walked though the sandy road that crossed the middle of the town. The air was gentle to the skin but it flew on the ground violently bringing tiny swirling clouds of dust and sand about her cow girl style boots. "We should rest for a bit. This gate hunting sure is a killer on my legs and days of sleeping in caves do not even help with it. Even Helos' fur is getting all mucky and disgusting from what we've been doing. Boy, am I glad my hair did not get as bad as that! What do you say, Iedomee, wanna settle down for a few days?"

She looked with curiosity on the man walking along side her. He did not seem to pay much attention to her rant nor did he even respond to it. For one thing he did comb through his Goromutt's hair. The giant dog's beige mantle was darkened and stiff from all the dry and dusty weather in the open Frontier. "Yeah, Helos would really need a bath. I wonder if they have a stable I could borrow to wash Helos." Iedomee said as he looked around the town carefully as they walked though with patience.

"Could I help with the washing, Iyee?," A little girl asked Iedomee, creeping up between the brown haired man and the girl from behind. "Tara can help too!"

"Say what? I am not going near that thing if it still smells like Rotolisk dump," the girl quickly protested as she crossed her arms around her chest. "Iedomee can do that himself anyways. Lu, you and I should go around and take a look at some souvenirs, I mean we're here now! Might as well get something from this place. Oh we should get ourselves some cowgirl hats! You would look absolutely adorable in one!"

"We should get one for Helos too," Lu laughed as Helos nuzzled her bright green hair. "I think Iyee would like one too!"

((OOC: Open thread for absolutely anyone and whoever who wants to take part in an adventure! ))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:56:13 pm by SuperMachinegun »

paganchick

Re: Gates and Monsters for Daring Adventurers [Open]
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:49 pm »
Madaline was thankful she had found the small town, and the people in it had taken her so warmly. The people there didn't ask about her scars or where she came from, they had just accepted her as if she had lived there her entire life. She was charging a batter when she saw the people.

She knew she shouldn't judge people by their looks, or be weary of strangers, the town had accepted her so she knew it was only right if she did the same. Still, with her past, it was extremely difficult. When she saw a stranger she just remembered the beatings and the restraints, and all the negative things she dealt with while growing up. Still she knew she should welcome them, or at least ask them what they wanted.

Madaline took a deep breath, wiped her hands on her black cargo pants and walked towards them.
"Hey! Y'all need'n some'em?" She called out with a wave.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »
The trio and Helos walked towards the girl. Her short hair picked up by a quick gale that passed through town. Lu was first to approach to say hello to the girl while their large Goromutt sniffed Madaline.

"Hi there!" Lu said happily looking at Madaline in the eyes. "You're from around here, right? I'm Lu by the way!"

Iedomee and Tara followed after Lu who ran off to meet the stranger who waved at them. "Is it alright that we just let her talk to anyone? It's not safe if anyone just found out. Especially if that someone was a Mordecai." Tara whispered to Iedomee.

"Lu knows how to keep her secret. No one is going to find out." Iedomee whispered back while they walked towards Madaline.

"Hello miss, would you know any stables around for my Goromutt?" Iedomee asked Madaline.

paganchick

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
Madaline nodded at Lu, the girl was much more energetic and more forward than herself. She seemed so happy and carefree, something Madaline envied.
"The name is Madaline," She spoke before looking up at the girls companions.

Madaline placed her hand on her hip after the man spoke, running the other hand through her hair, forgetting about her scars and how obvious they were. She looked from the man to the large dog several times, thinking.

"Well we don't have a stables for a Goromutt, per say, but we do have a stable for horses, which I am sure could serve the same purpose," She spoke after a few moments of silence. She then realized her scars were showing so she quickly moved her hands behind her back.

Around the village she didn't have to worry about her scars, no one would ask, but when new people came around she would hide them with long gloves or long sleeved shirts. Since she was not expecting new people to just wander into town, she hadn't bothered to cover them up.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »
"A horse stable would be alright," Iedomee replied casually. "I'm not sure the horses would like a large canine so close to them so a nice secluded stable would be alright. I just need to wash him is all."

Iedomee just finished his sentence when Tara butted in form behind him, shoving him to the side.

"Oh, Madaline, where do you think I could get some good ol' cowgirl hat? I need something that would go well with these boots. If you could talk a discount out of one of the sellers I'll be really happy about it! Oh and do you mind just taking us around here for a while? See I don't have much money on me and we haven't been around so many towns lately. Hey, if you could get us a decent place to stay I'll be more than happy to give you some of this guy's magitech stuff!"

paganchick

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:09:42 pm »
Madaline put up her hand as the girl started babbling, her head releasing a small spark as she did so. She quickly jerked her hand back, not meaning to use her power.
Madaline's face turned bright red as a dark blush burned her face.
"Sorry," She said softly, "You just, need to slow down," She added looking at the girl.

"There is plenty of room in the stable, and I think that needs to be dealt with before your shopping trip," Madaline said before turning.
"Follow me," She said as she headed towards the stables.

It didn't take long to get to the stables, the town wasn't very large.
"Oh, and I don't use Magitech stuff," She added, looking over her shoulder.
She turned, leading them into one of the larger buildings of the town.
"Here we are," she said as she walked in, looking into the stalls to find the best place for the canine.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »
"Thanks," Iedomee said as he led Helos inside the stable. "It'll take a while to clean him. You can wander off if you want."

Tara clasped her hands in glee. "Thank you so much, Iedomee! By the way, the money's with me! BYE!," She quickly pulled Madaline and Lu out of the stables and back into the road. "So shopping it is, girls!"

"Tara," Lu said looking up at her. "I don't think we should spend it around so much. I think that is what we all have."

"Ah Lu, you and Madaline have yet to see my skills in gambling!" Tara confidently said as they walked through town. "After we buy our hats, we are going straight to a bar and see how I roll! Speaking of, You have any good bars with dumb brutes around here, Madaline?"

paganchick

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:01 pm »
Madaline turned to say something to the man that accompanied the two girls, but was drug away before she could get out whatever she was going to say. She turned to the girl doing the dragging with a slight frown.

"Unless there is a cowboy in from the frontier, no. Most of the men here won't gamble. I didn't see any extra horses in the stables so I doubt there are any cowboys in," Madaline said after pulling her hand from the girl, not recalling her name.

She looked at the girl, she seemed very pushy and Madaline wasn't one to be pushed around. She had had enough of all of that when she was a slave. The last person who told her what to do had died at her hand.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:56 pm »
"Damn!" Tara said as they eased on with the walking.

"By the way, Madaline?" Lu asked. "What does everyone do here? Do you hunt treasures like most people do in the dessert?" Lu smiled as much as she could to Madaline she liked her very much, though she didn't know why. She knew making friends with this girl was something good.

paganchick

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 08:55:54 pm »
"The town is a midway point for a path that most cowboys take as well as adventurers as yourself. We sell supplies and have an inn and stables. We also farm here. Well, as much as we can manage, though, we seem to be able to keep our generators powered enough that we don't have much trouble," Madaline explained slowly as they walked.

"We do have a shop, a general store, I am sure they will have the cowboy hats you seek," She added as a side note.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 09:18:03 pm »
"So people come and go in here," Lu said as she looked at Madaline with sparkling grey eyes. "How about you, Maddy? Did you grow up here?"

The two of them walked behind as they let Tara take lead. Tara was too preoccupied with looking all over the place, as if she wanted to go every little store and property in the place. "Why can't L'doreth ever have shops like this? I bet if L'doreth had neat stores like these, we would have lots of people comin' around there!"

paganchick

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »
"No, I wandered here, just like most of the people that reside here. That is why the town so welcoming and doesn't shun outsiders. Almost everyone here just happened to wander upon this place, and stayed for one reason or another," Madaline explained, watching The woman in front of them with a raised eyebrow.

The woman was a curious one if she had ever seen one. She seemed like she had way too much caffeine or at least that was what Madaline thought.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »
"I see you seem to be curious about Tara," Lu said as she looked to Tara who was a few paces ahead of them. "She's really loud. Some of the people around L'doreth find her annoying. Iedomee is childhood friends with her so he can tolerate her. But I like her very much, she's rubbed off on me since we meet a few months ago."

"AH!," Tara squealed as she ran to a store's window to look at animal pelts. "Those would look so nice as a new jacket!"

"You will learn to like her, I guess" Lu smiled to Madaline. "She is really a nice person."

paganchick

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 09:41:59 pm »
Madaline let out a little laugh. They talked as if they were going to stay around for a while, or at least the girl did.
"I can see why people would see her as annoying," Madaline said, reaching up and rubbing the back of her neck.

"I'm not so sure, she is very... High spirited," Madaline said, choosing her words wisely, trying to be as nice as she possibly could while still being honest.

"So what are your names again? I didn't catch all three."

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »
Lu's eyes widened when Madaline asked for their names. She seemed flustered that she forgot her manners. "I'm so sorry about that. She's Tara. The boy we were with a while ago is Iedomee and that was his giant dog, Helos. We all ride Helos to get through the Frontier. We all came from L'doreth, around a week's travel from here. And I'm Lu!"

paganchick

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »
Madaline nodded, repeating the names to herself one time to make sure she remembered them.
"How long do you think.. Tara will want to shop? Is she like this all the time or did she drink something overly caffinated?" Madaline asked turning to look at Tara.

"I'm sure ya'll want to get a room at the inn," Madaline added before turning to look back at Lu.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:25 pm »
Lu giggled at Madaline's comment. She really liked her company. "You should see her when she's with boys, she's got twice the energy challenging them with dares! You can say she's one of the boys."

Tara faced and smiled to them. "So, You guys wanna see some hats? I think this the one Madaline here was talking about. I'm thinking a pink one for you, Lu. How bout you Madaline, wanna try on some hats with me?"

paganchick

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:36 pm »
It didn't sound like one of the boys to Madaline. To Madaline it sounded like Tara was trying too hard to be one of the boys, like she was trying to impress them because she felt like she had to or something. Madaline didn't know, just what it sounded like to her. She was sure she would find out before too long.

"Umm, no. Hats aren't for me, you two can have fun. I think I am going to head to the stable to see if Iedomee is fairing okay," Madaline said with a slight wave as she turned to start heading back to the stables, hoping it would be a bit quieter there.

SuperMachinegun

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:19 pm »
A crowd of girls ran past them. They seemed really excited. They were laughing and giggling... and blushing. They were whispering about a foreign cowboy in the stables and somehow the word 'shirtless' was blurted out by one of the girls. Lu and Tara were left staring blankly at the girls who were giggling amongst themselves.

Tara's face curled into a frown as the girls disappeared behind the dusty haze. But she turned around and went into the shop with Lu. "Okay, Madaline you go ahead and tell Iedomee we'll be there in a few minutes."

"See you later, Maddy!" Lu waved as she walked into the shop.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:29:46 pm by SuperMachinegun »

paganchick

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »
Madaline waved and walked to the stables. It didn't take her too long, a small smirk still left on her face from the girls and the expression they left on Tara's face. Was that jealousy she saw on the girls face?

As Madaline entered the stables she knocked on the outside of the stall Iedomee was in so not to surprise him. She then walked into the stall, a smirk on her face.
"Seems you have already made a big impression on the local girls, Tara didn't seem all that happy about that either," Madaline said, leaning against the wall of the stall. She appeared relaxed, she clearly wasn't afraid of being alone with a stranger, knowing she could fry them if she wanted to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal