Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I'm a master shopaholic [Rina]  (Read 472 times)

Pancake

I'm a master shopaholic [Rina]
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:49:00 pm »
"Hmm."

Sophia had about three different things in her hand right now, and was looking at a particularly shiny line of clothes for a fourth. Being a pop singer and a rock star (also a full-time trend setter) meant there was always shopping to do. Good for her, she really did like shopping. It was an expression of creativity with what she chose to wear, a challenge to find items that work well in outfits together with what she has or with whatever else is in her hands, and even took strategy when there was a special occasion an outfit was needed for.

After this, she needed to stop at another favorite place, one where she shopped for clothes to fit her bassist-princess-persona. The shop she was at right now had more of a broad spectrum of clothes, but none would be much like what she could get further down the mall at "Interrobang".
She didn't even know what that store title meant, honestly. But it sounded cool, maybe they had just made it up? Or maybe it was one of those technical word things no one really knew about nor cared about.

However. She did care about getting a cute outfit together for Roxie's next performance. As a pop idol, she had to be adorable in every possible way. That, and fashion was really fun in general. To that end, she took the pale yellow shiny top from the display -- it reminded her of the pretty and awesome movie heroines traveling the stars in spaceships in its style -- held the other two items in her hand and paired the shiny top with the equally shiny silver-ish tights she had.

"Excuse me," she turned to the closest shopper she found, a woman who looked tall, dark and pretty. Sometimes she wanted to look like that, too. "Do you think this top works with these tights? Or should I find something else to go with it?" she asked, putting on a bright smile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: I'm a master shopaholic [Rina]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:52 pm »
"Hmm?" Zoe glanced up when someone addressed her. Reaching up, she tugged her ear buds out so she could listen, "Well, that totally depends on what you were gonna wear over the tights! That makes all the difference. But I love those tights!"

Zoe always had a weakness for clothes. She loved getting to find cute stuff and malls were a great source of inspiration for her acts. She needed to get some more normal looks for when her regulars weren't in as well.

Pancake

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »
"Well... I have plenty skirts and shorts that would work fine with the tights, but I wasn't sure the tights worked with this top as well. Since two-color outfits alone are a bit boring, what about... a pale red or blue? Or is there something better you can think of?"
Sophia didn't know a thing about color theory, but some stuff like that was just instinctual as to what would look good or not. Good thing her color-instinct was decent. Though she had her makeup artist to consult too, but she didn't go shopping with said makeup artist... nope, she had to pick her outfits on her own, and unless something looked absolutely awful, no one would interfere.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »
"Together? Ooooh. I would maybe avoid too much shiny in one outfit. Not red. Is it a dark blue? I would rock a dark blue, though not navy." Zoe grinned, "Green would be better, but I'm biased. Green is my favorite color. Something dark to tone down the silver and the yellow. Well, unless there was a statement you were trying to make with it."

Pancake

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »
"Dark blue would work even better with yellow and silver, now that I think about it... I don't need to make a statement this time, though." Sometimes she had to make statements, but if that was the case then she would be having a harder time than this. "So maybe a dark blue skirt or shorts or something, similar color boots, and then... I have a ton of accessories so I'm not worried about that part. Do you have any other ideas, miss?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:17:28 pm »
"It's hard to give many without your wardrobe in front of me. Though, you could get a totally crazy mini dress to go with those tights. What kinda look were you going for?" Zoe chewed on her lip, thinking.

"It's got a kinda, crazy retro space feel, so you could totally play that up."

Pancake

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »
"Mini dress? Good idea. Nothing in particular in mind for the outfit's feel yet, but a retro space feel works well with these tights, after all... Hmm." As she said it Sophia looked at the shiny tights and top in her arms again.

"Are you on a time frame here? I could use a second opinion for what I buy today, if you have the time to help."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »
Zoe brightened, a smile lighting up her features, "I can totally do that!" She loved shopping and she always liked finding things for her performances, "It's like playing dress up! Though, now I totally want my own retro space look."

Pancake

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 09:27:00 pm »
"Dress up really was a fun game," Sophia agreed, cracking a smile as well. Hmm, after she bought things here, where too next... ?

"Oh. I'm Sophia, by the way."
Had her hands not been holding clothes, she might have offered a handshake. As an alternative, she offered a bigger smile. Hopefully that would get the message across.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal