Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Please be okay. [Rina!]  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Please be okay. [Rina!]
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:00 pm »
Curled up as best as he could in a shitty hospital chair, Gabriel half-dozed in the room with Alaric.

Alaric was still out, but he was stable and that news relieved Gabriel--though he was still beside himself with stress. Would he be okay when he woke up? Would there be lingering effects? Well, at least he wasn't at risk of dying anymore; it was still scary to see him there, though, paler than usual (and that was saying something) and still when he was always so lively. He looked dead.

Then again, most people laying unconscious, doped up on drugs and IV fluids, tended to look like shit. He hated hospitals.

And sure, as Pilots, they landed themselves there pretty often, but usually it was for stuff like, oh, a broken bone or some scrapes or something. Outpatient stuff. And that was all in the line of duty. That's what made this even more freaky--this happened off duty. Someone had been targeting them. For whatever reason, someone wanted them high off their asses and out of their minds at a club--and every reason he could think of was one that made him feel nauseous and tense, dirty and violated.

Thank gods Bart had been around.

Alaric would probably be dead if he hadn't been.

Gabriel shoved that thought away fast. Alaric was safe now, in good hands, but just the thought of losing him was enough to make his stomach clench and throat tighten. He'd never worried about that before--wasn't even a possibility! It was Alaric! He couldn't lose him!--and it was terrifying to think of how close they'd come. Not even in a firefight, but at Syn from some stupid club drug.

Please be okay.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Please be okay. [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »
Eventually the meds they had given Alaric to help him sleep wore off and he slowly pulled away from the deep sleep he had been in. He came to carefully, checking everything over. He felt like total shit, like someone had wrung him out to dry. Even opening his eyes felt hard.

Blinking in the light, it took Alaric a moment to realize where he was. He let out a small groan closed his eyes again against the light. But he had caught sight of Gabe and he tried again to focus on his friend, squinting as he got used to the brightness, "Gabe? What the fuck happened?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 02:58:33 pm »
"Hey! Ally!" Gabriel snapped out of his doze as soon as he heard Alaric's voice and reached for his friend's hand, taking it in his own. Thankfully, it was the human hand and not the huge-ass claw. That made it easier to hold.

"Hey, how ya feelin'? We got roofied, man. It was apparently E. You had a really bad reaction but Bart was around he got it all taken care of, nothing happened--you just really gave us all a scare."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:01:14 pm »
"I feel like a butthole." Alaric gave Gabe a weak grin, curling his fingers around Gabe's hand. It made him feel a lot better to have Gabriel there with him, "Roofied?" Alaric shivered at that, feeling very gross and very violated.

"I, uh, yeah. This is why I don't do drugs." All three of his eyes scanned Gabe, his face pale and worried, "Are you okay?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:13:08 pm »
"Yeeeah, ditto," Gabriel agreed, squeezing Alaric's hand. "I mean, I don't even have to worry about epileptic fits or anything, but that...wasn't really fun."

Reaching over, he smoothed back some of Alaric's hair. "Don't worry, nothing happened. The dragons freaked out and Bart came and got it all taken care of. And me? I'm fiiine. I mean, my serotonin levels are all whacked out and I apparently proclaimed my undying love for Bart, but I'm okay!" He grinned, saying that last part to give Alaric a chuckle. "I apparently pet him a lot. And called him beautiful. Yep, drugs are bad."

Truth be told, he wasn't so great. He felt violated and was scared for Alaric and had been terrified of losing him, but he didn't want to say any of that. Alaric was the one who had been through hell and back and almost died, and this was just as violating for him as it was for himself.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:16:10 pm »
Alaric tugged at Gabe, wanting his friend closer. He wanted someone to cuddle against him and just...have that contact for a bit. He felt terrified of what could have happened. He had flashes of pain and struggling for air and seeing things.

"Wow, Bart huh? And here I thought I was your secret man crush. I feel so betrayed." He grinned, though the hand in Gabe's was trembling.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:24:36 pm »
"Don't worry. When I run off and have a hot, torrid affair with Mister Hamilton, you can be my mistress," Gabriel said with a grin, scooting his chair closer. "He's got rank and power, but you'll always be my favorite." He paused and made a face. "Ahaha, okay, I think I need a shower now."

He moved so he could cover Alaric's hand with both of his, feeling the tremors. Oh man. Acting so strong and brave even though it was obvious he wasn't okay. Gabriel wanted to hug him, but was afraid of doing something wrong will all the IVs and beeping equipment.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:27:11 pm »
"Hey, crawl onto the bed with me." He had an IV in, but it was in his left hand and he could keep that out of the way, "I just kinda, don't wanna be alone right now, ya know?"

He wanted that physical contact, that reminder he wasn't dead and he wanted to both hold Gabe and tell him it was okay and he wanted Gabe to do the same to him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:11 pm »
Gabriel seemed to consider it for a moment, and then he grinned and made a shooing motion at Alaric. "Then scoot your fat butt over!"

As soon as Alaric moved, he crawled into the bed with him. Good thing they were both thin. Carefully, he wrapped an arm around Alaric's waist and leaned against him. The nurses would probably have a cow, but oh well!

"You doing okay?" he asked again. "I mean, honestly?"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:45:20 pm »
Alaric rested his chin against Gabe's head, curling close to him as best he could, "Honestly? I donno. Physically, yeah. But...someone roofied us. That makes me feel...I can't even begin to describe. Just...that wasn't in the field."

It was like work had come home with them in a real and terrifying way.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 09:59:57 pm »
"Yeah..." Gabriel trailed off, not quite sure what to say except that he agreed. It was scary to think what could have happened if Bart hadn't shown up. Normally he felt alright, safe, because he was a Pilot and he could defend himself. But that? You couldn't really protect yourself or others when you weren't even in your right mind.

And that it happened on a fun night out, and the person could still be out there, and that it was them, specifically, that had been targeted...

He shivered. "Dirty, I'd say. It's gross."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:02:56 pm »
"Yeah. Just...what the fuck Gabe. I mean, why us?" While someone might have wanted to take Gabriel home, there wasn't any way he was targeted for something like that.

"Was it Gospels or something? Or Edani or, just, what the hell? Who even knew we were gonna be there? It just...I can handle getting shot, but this, was not that same."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 10:37:31 pm »
"I dunno. What could Edani do with us? I mean, we're no big-wigs. Same with Gospels. I mean...it seems like there'd be more efficient ways to get to us than...that. That's just sloppy. And it didn't work."

Gabriel leaned his head against Alaric's shoulder. "It was probably just some pervert," he said after a pause. "Totally unplanned and random, just...us in the right place at the wrong time. But we're okay. You're okay, I'm okay, and nothing happened. Bart was there and just...I dunno. It's fucked up."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »
"That almost seems worse. And people might drug you, but me? No way." Alaric curled an arm around Gabe, "It's just...I want a shower, ya know? Though, gotta say, you look like shit."

He grinned, wanting to try and lighten the mood a little.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »
Gabriel twisted to look up at Alaric and his lips quirked into a wry smile. "Of course I do! I got told I spent the better part of the night petting on Bart! This is gonna haunt me forever."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »
"Yeah. Sense when did you have a thing for Bart? He's all...old. Though, you do seem to like them old." Alaric laughed, "I wonder if your boyfriend is gonna get all jealous you spent the night loving on some other man."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »
"Hey, he's not--uh." Gabriel cut short, flushing as he realized what he was about to say--that Roman wasn't old--and gave Alaric a light, playful nudge. "Hush, you. You know that's never gonna happen. And anyway, Bart was the perfect gentleman."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 10:51:24 pm »
"Why wouldn't it happen? You two are panting over each other. Even I can tell." Alaric then made a face, "Ew. What if you had sex with Bart?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »
"I am not! And he sure isn't. And--and don't even joke about that!" Gabriel said, making a face and shuddering. "Eugh. You'd think I'd remember that."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »
"Uh, you totally are. He totally is and I doubt you would be able to forget that." Alaric changed the pitch on his voice, imitating Gabe, "Oh Bart! You big hunk of aged beef! Take me now!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal