Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Back to Earth~!  (Read 638 times)

Anonymous

Back to Earth~!
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
It was a bright luminous flash as if seeing a distant star shine just before vanishing in the black of a night sky. Following the glow was a ripple looking effect appeared in the air just above a billboard before what looked like a traversable wormhole formed. At the center of the wormhole it reflected it's other side; a lush green forest that seemed full of life and a blurred white and figure coming out at high speed.

There was a thud as the now feminine appearing figure landed on top of the billboard just seconds before the wormhole vanished out of sight. She tumbled down onto the building top with a luminous glow shrouding her, hitting the metal poles and bars that held the very structure up upon the building top. After a few quick moments of tumbling downward she finally hit a halt as she met the straight top of the building's roof.

"Ugh...Ouch, talk about rough landings..." The woman groaned as she struggled to pull herself up into an upright position.  She rubbed her head as the luminous glow shrouding her began to waver and fade. Her head turned towards the billboard beside her as she shook her head pulling herself up into a stand with slight stagger. "Lucky me, to think I'd be dead if I didn't have that defensive spell up..."

She sighed with a slight shrug and scanned the area of the rooftop with her odd pair of pupil-less crimson eyes and made her way towards the ledge to look down. To her amazement she stared blinking before rubbing her eyes. "Am I dreaming? This doesn't look like the planet I've come to known as Earth..." She turned away from the edge of the building crossing her arms and closing her eyes trying to make heads and tails of her situation.

If this wasn't the Earth she was familiar with, then where was she? For how long was she asleep this time? Mae was never one to know the time, in her eyes her surroundings were always a haze of orange, as if time was forever in twilight.

Finally, in her defeat of thought, she sighed stroking her bangs back before opening her eyes once more. Well, one thing was for sure, she first had to get off this building. Looking down the sides of the building she shrugged, "I guess I'll just levitate my way down." She whispered slightly to herself as she made sure no one was looking towards the slim crack of an alleyway between the buildings.

There was something in the back of her mind that seemed to tickle at her thoughts, but she couldn't put her finger on it. As she leaped slightly off the side of the building it became more clear; she was going down a lot quicker then she would have expected. This threw Mae into a slight panic as she struggled with her magic and thankfully landed roughly on her bum. Another rough landing, but at least she was still alive.

"Ouch! I guess this really is somewhere I really shouldn't be.." She whined as she stood back up rubbing her rear end before dusting herself off and walking into the crowd of people. At least her clothing didn't make her stick out much by the looks of what others wore. All she could do now was hope to gather information of where she was, and pray no one saw her little entrance onto the planet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Back to Earth~!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:50:53 pm »
Sweet, sweet take-out. Little was better. Sure, Gabriel could have gotten something better up here on the Upper Level, gone to an expensive steakhouse or something, but little beat cheap noodles and fried rice and it was even better up here. He had a plastic bag in hand and was on his way to catch a shuttle back to the Citadel when he saw it: some chick wandering around in...was that a lab coat? Looked pretty fancy, like something straight out of a video game or action show, but he couldn't recognize the series. Maybe it was something new? Maybe there was some sorta convention going on he'd missed out on? (Which would suck.)

Only one way to find out! And hey, he had to give props to anyone ballsy enough to wander around in full-on cosplay.

"Heeey! Sweet cosplay! What're you from?" he called, falling into step beside the girl, never one to be shy. He peered over at her and grinned. "Jeez, contacts and everything, huh? You sure went all out. There some con going on or something?"

He hadn't seen anyone else in costume, but who knows? It could have been one of the smaller ones. Or she was just a geek. Which was cool, too; he was an obvious one himself, with a World of Warlocks tattoo on each wrist (one for Host, and the other representing his and his BFF's guild), neon-accented black bondage pants, and an Angry Llama shirt, stylistically tattered. Geeks represent and all that!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »
Mae continued to walk aimlessly down the street trying to make herself fit in as much as possible. Still with all her focus in her attempt to fit in and keep a low profile something still tickled the thoughts lingering in the back of her mind and then she heard it. Someone was calling out to her from behind or at least she thinks it was to her. No surprise, apparently she was that very someone the excited man was referring to.

She slowed her walk as she turned her attention to him with a slightly shocked and confused look on her face. "Cost-play?" Her dialect was obviously otherworldly and it didn't help in her case that she's never heard of the word. She was quite flustered with the sudden bombardment of questions and terms she hasn't heard of before.

"What am I from..?" She parroted as she walked slowly blinking in confusion. "Uhm...I'm not sure I quite understand what you're talking about--" She paused for a moment as the thought came to her. How could she be sure what to say and how safe this place actually was? After all, she didn't even know what planet she was on.

"Y-yea...Some sort of con. I'm from something new and unheard of--and...Uhm.." She looked around by the side of her eyes then back towards him with a slight uneasy smile. "I have plenty of contacts?" She had no idea he had been referring to her eyes, but she had to give him something to answer his questions.

She laughed a bit nervously as she turned away from Gabriel nervously and her stride began to hasten a bit. So much for playing it cool.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »
The girl was surprisingly nervous and fidgety for a cosplayer. Didn't most people do it for attention? Then again, geeks weren't really the most...socialized bunch, and just because you wanted attention didn't mean you knew what to do with it once you got it. Gabriel knew, his friends were geeks and he worked with freakin' techies; he was just one of the more social types.

"Yeah, I bet," he went on cheerfully, not at all phased by her awkwardness. "Most serious cosplayers stock up on those things. You do a lot of--" He cut off. The girl had turned to high-tail it. Okay...? That was kinda rude. Well, could be she was just in a hurry, but she'd gotten him curious.

With a start, he picked up his pace to match her, quickly catching up. "Hey, wait! You never did say what you're from!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:13:49 pm »
Mae twitched as he still followed her. Okay, so this wasn't working out so well. She slowed her pace to walk beside him and looked downwards using her bangs to cover her face. "I-...I'm from very..very far away..." She said in a hush voice in hopes that only he could hear.

Taking in a deep breath she sighed continuing in her hush voice, "Look, please don't make such a big scene...I don't know what this con thing is you're talking about, or cost-play or what you mean by contacts...I surely have no contacts around these parts." Her voice sounded nervous as a chill went up her spin. She didn't want to have to use magic in broad daylight in an unknown world that looked, well, rather different.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal