Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Let the bodies hit the floor  (Read 768 times)

Anonymous

Let the bodies hit the floor
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:04:39 am »
It was the day the mail was delivered to the ATC and the Candidates could come check if they had anything and pick up what they did. Erin went down to check out out of a sense of obligation to act less 'odd' and thereby make himself more likely to be wanted by someone. Nika had been pretty clear that acting or being 'odd' was detrimental to his goal because 'people don't like it'.

Erin knew, of course, that there would be no mail waiting for him. So he went with the intention of simply making it a stop on the way to the larger library center in that part of the ATC. In his arms were two large paper text books that he had to return after a week of scanning each and every page in them for the background information he would need to write a report due in two day's time. His datapad had been utilized in translating the printed words into information Erin could actually process and understand. But because he didn't know where to look in the books and the table of contents had been woefully generalized, he'd had to go through every single page.

It did mean he'd learned quite a bit. But it also meant he had spent perhaps far too much time on the research for that one report which he would have to rush to get written. Which meant another night with only a couple hours of sleep. Which meant he was going to have to fight to stay lucid in class.

Shaking his head as he left the Mail center, Erin paused in the doorway to shift the books into one hand and pick his data pad up with the other to interface with it and remind himself the fastest way to the library. Then he started moving again, his attention on the pad in his hand and not where his feet were taking him. Not three steps out and he found himslef colliding with something or someone and everything in his hands dropping as he fell to the floor.

Looking up, he started to apologize in a soft voice, "I am terribly sorry-"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:51:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Let the bodies hit the floor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
Mail day! Atara loved mail day. Her family generally sent her something, sometimes a letter, sometimes a package, with the occasional letter from her old friends. This time it was just letters, but that wasn't so bad.

Moving through the hall, Atara wasn't paying much attention, reading her mail. Sure, e-mails were so much faster, but there was something cool about paper mail. When the thin form smacked into her, Atara rocked back, steadying herself, "Hey! Watch it you little sh-Shit! What's up with your face?"

There was a creepy red blotch all over the kids face. Gross!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:28 am »
His head lowered just enough to obscure his eyes behind the white veil of his bangs. Another person upset by his appearance. He was starting to get used to it and also starting to hope that once he was able to leave the ATC he'd be able to find someone to fix it for him.

Sitting up and moving to start collecting the books closest to him, he replied, "It is referred to as a 'Port Wine Stain'."

He wasn't sure if he should explain it further and as he debated doing so, his movements slowed and his eyes unfocused as they stared off somewhere behind Atara's legs. Of course, this left him looking like he was staring at her legs.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »
"It's totally gross. You should really get that removed." Atara was a fan of cosmetic surgery. It had given her perfect looks and why other people suffered without it was beyond her. There was just something strange about the kid, he was just...creepy.

Though he had good taste. He was staring at her legs, not that she could blame him. Lifting her eyebrow, Atara tilted her head, "Like what ya see cupcake?"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:57:47 am »
His head lifted and he blinked up at her in slight confusion as his hands began gathering his things once more. Not really sure what she was asking, and also not particularly enamored of the hall they were in or the mess in front of him, he tentatively offered a questioning, "I do not think so?" before dropping his head and responding to the statement about getting his face fixed, "I will consider fixing my condition once I am able to leave the Advanced Training Complex. As a Stage One Candidate, that time is understandably quite a ways off."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »
"Excuse me?" Atara's expression darkened, her hands on her hips, "What exactly is wrong with the view then?" Little shit! He was a creepy little freak and he insulted her? Not going to happen!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »
What exactly was wrong with it? Erin paused again as he looked about the floor, frowning as he finished getting his books pulled together and piled up properly. Then he stood, lifting them.

"Nothing now, I suppose. There is no longer a mess and my books are in order. I have no emotional attachment the scenery beyond that and therefore no reason to like or dislike it."

It didn't occur to him to include her in the scenery - she was a person, after all.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:37:10 pm »
"Scenery?" Atara's expression turned puzzled, "What are you talking about?" She wasn't really irritated much, as it was dawning on her that he wasn't talking about her legs. Giving him a small pout, Atara rested her hands on her hips, "I had thought that you were checking me out. Looks like you have no taste."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:40:04 am »
Erin blinked. Then blinked again.

"Checking... you... out?"

Was that a normal thing? What did that entail? Was he supposed to be doing that?

"Am I supposed to be doing that?"

The boy was genuinely confused. He'd never been in such a sexually charged environment before - he literally had no context for any of that kind of physical/visual stimulation. He probably wouldn't understand what he was feeling if he was attracted to someone in such a manner. So for now, it was just pure lack of understanding that made him look at her with slightly wider than normal eyes, head tilted in expectation of an honest answer about what else he should be doing to be less 'odd' and more 'normal' and therefore more 'acceptable'. More likely to be wanted.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »
"...well, you are a little freak, aren't you?" Atara tilted her head, watching him. He spoke weirdly and didn't seem all there, "What's your excuse? Some Pilot hit you in the head to hard or something?"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 06:39:03 am »
Erin's head lowered a fraction and his eyes went to the floor as the more and more familiar feeling of utter embarrassment washed through him. He shook his head, answering quietly, "No. I have encountered no Pilots directly nor have any served physical violence against me."

He gripped his books a little tighter, shifting them gently in an unsure manner, "I am sorry. I do not understand what you mean by 'excuse'. If you are referring to why I am the way I am... I have no single, all inclusive reason. Nor do I have anything to cause me to be excused from... anything... I guess."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 01:51:46 pm »
Woooow. Kid was a freak. Atara gave him a pitying, dismissive look, "Right. Well, I would work on that if I were you." He was one of the timid ones, flincher. Booooring. Probably was going to flunk out soon anyway. The spineless ones always did.

Leaning closer, Atara brushed a strand of her white hair off her shoulder, "Listen, bit of advice? Get ready for TRIM. Cause you are gonna be getting real cozy there soon."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »
Erin's head snapped up, anger and a bit of alarm clear on his face. He took a step forward in challenge, into her her personal space, and spoke in a voice devoid of anything but absolute certainty, "No. I will not."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »
"Awww. The baby has a backbone." Atara gave a small laugh, "Little babies like you? They don't last. The little stammery, scared ones get eaten by the system and left lobotomized in a TRIM cage." Reaching up, Atara pressed a hand against Erin's thin chest and shoved him back away from her.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 10:26:16 pm »
"I am not scared," replied, voice remaining hard. He allowed himself to move back a single step at her push - returning the original distance between them. "Nor am I a 'baby'. I will not ret-"

He cut himself off and looked away from her, shifting his books in his arms once more. She did not need or deserve to know about that part of his life.

"If you are not injured, then I have no further need to continue speaking with you," he said dismissively, as if she no longer mattered in the slightest, and began to walk past her.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 03:23:44 pm »
That irritated Atara. She didn't like being dismissed like that. Not by some little shit gracie. Reaching out, she grabbed Erin around the neck with one arm and used her other arm to punch him in the kidney, hard, "Watch yourself Gracie. Don't pick fights with your betters."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 05:26:21 pm »
Pick a fight? He'd been walking away!

His books fell from his arms - again - and all that kept him from doubling over into a ball from the pain was Atara's arm around his neck. Any verbal retort he might have had was lost in the oomph that accompanied the hit to his kidney. At least he managed to clamp his mouth shut to reduce the noise and keep from outright yelling. This was followed by a hissed in breath and a cough as he unconsciously leaned against his assailant for support to simply keep standing.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »
Once the damage was done, Atara released the boy, not really wanting to touch the little freak anymore. She moved around him, heading back toward the dorms, "Remember that lesson little Gracie. Watch who you disrespect little boy."

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »
He fell to the floor, arms wrapping around himself in a mostly instinctive reaction to both protect his body and ease the pain. Erin heaved in several breaths as she walked away before gasping out in an admittedly pathetic voice, "Who are you?" He winced as it sounded almost like begging because of how hard he tried to keep the pain out of it.

She never had introduced herself. And he wanted a name to remember for later. To avoid, mostly, for the moment.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 06:32:11 pm »
"You don't deserve to know." Atara didn't even bother to looking back. She neither knew or cared what his name was. The gracies were always so dull. Timid and afraid and so boring. None of them had that spark, that exciting backbone that was fun to poke

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal