Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The thread thread!  (Read 1490 times)

Anonymous

Re: The thread thread!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »
"Anytime!" Alaric beamed, unable to keep his excitement from his face. It was so rare for him to actually find someone he could talk to. Most people never saw past the awkward first encounter and the alternative gender thing. It made the alien a little desperate for contact.

"You should stop by my place sometime. I'll make you dinner and we can watch cartoons and knit." Alaric froze then, not sure if that was too much. Maybe she didn't really want to hang out with him that much, "Or something..."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 12:41:26 pm »
The alien's awkwardness was clear to see this time, not that Gauri could work out what he had to be nervous about. They were totally friends now, right? Grinning hugely at his suggestion, she squealed, “That sounds amazing! Yeah, we definitely have to do that!” Quickly, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and thumbed through it, checking her diary. “Ooh, how about next week? I got weekend plans already, but I can come over Monday or Tuesday or really whenever, whatever you want, man!”

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 06:08:12 pm »
((omg D8 I thought I replied to this! I FAIL YOU FOREVER!))

"That's fine with me! Uh, really any day will work." He could move his work around to make a day work, "What do you like to eat? I can make most anything really."

He wanted to impress her, and it was always tricky with someone he didn't know. What if he made something they didn't like?

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 08:26:07 am »
((Haha, no worries, I just wasn't sure if we'd finished or not XD))

“Awesome! Expect me on Monday, then,” grinned Gauri, quickly noting it down and then stowing her phone back in her pocket. That was a good day to get a proper meal in her; after the nights out she had planned, she'd need something nutritious. Sunday was not going to be an eating day. “Ooh, what can you do with mushrooms? I've kinda been craving them, but all I know to do with them is put 'em on pizza.”

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »
"I can do stuffed mushrooms or I know some really great recipes with some veggies and stuff in a spicy sauce. Do you have any allergies or anything?" Alaric loved getting to cook for people, showing off what he could do with them.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:00 pm »
“Allergies? Naw, I don't think so...” Gauri tilted her head and furrowed her brow as she thought about it. If there was anything she was allergic to, she just hadn't tried it yet. She was probably all right. “Oh, I don't like gettin' sweet in my savoury though, so don't go puttin' pineapple in stuff. That's just weird.”

As she spoke, another customer brushed the back of her head, squeezing between her and a display of crochet hooks on their way out. They'd probably picked the second most awkward part of the store to have their conversation, she realised, only just better than standing right in the door. Laughing, she pointed to the exit. “We should probably...”

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:46 pm »
"Okay. No pineapple or sweet things. How are you with spice?" When he cooked for himself, Alaric liked to make things hot enough it made him cry. His whole family was like that. But he had gotten used to cooking for people who weren't raised on it.

When he realized they were blocking traffic, he flushed, his blue skin going a little darker blue, "Right. Sorry." He moved to the door, holding it open for Gauri.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 01:58:12 pm »
“Oh, that's fine! No, I'm really not that picky, I'm easy to cook for. Which is good for you, huh?” Gauri grinned up at the alien. If she did have more particular tastes, she probably wouldn't have taken him up on his offer of dinner. After all, it was a little bit selfish to go to someone's house and have them make her something they might not even like.

Moving with her usual lightly bouncing gait, and with her bag held in front of her, she passed through the door and smiled at Alaric again. “Thank you!”

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:46 pm »
"No problem. And I'll look forward to dinner." He stepped out of the door after Gauri and held up his bag of yarn, "Thanks again for the help picking the yarn out. I really need to get better at knitting. My mom is great at it, but, well, I haven't quite picked up the knack yet."

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 09:11:03 am »
“Well I guess the big old claws can't help!” Gauri laughed, then immediately stopped with an awkward grin. That was... Just a tiny bit insulting, wasn't it? Quickly, she moved on, trying to act like the comment hadn't happened. “Um, hey, if you ever want advice, or ideas for patterns or something, I have this little website, Knitsnbits.com, I dunno if you've heard of it? And y'know I'm always open!”

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:52 pm »
"They do get in the way. Video games can get tricky too." Alaric didn't mind, he was used to his claws and they were...hard to miss. He smiled brightly, "I would like that. I'll have to check out the site. I donno if I'm ready for anything fancy though."

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 01:36:13 pm »
Giggling in relief, Gauri ran a nervous hand over her head. Well, at least Alaric was okay with her comment. It would've been all kinds of embarrassing if she'd run off a new bestest knitting partner ever with a couple of careless words. Always happy to talk about her site, she grinned right back up at him. “It's cool, we love beginners! All the regulars run lessons and workshops and post tutorials all the time, I mean, it'd be sad if nobody new ever showed up, right?”

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »
"Really? Like, in person? That's really cool. I've always wanted to try cable knitting." He smiled again, "I'll look forward to dinner. It was nice running into you." He gave a small wave, then headed off, wanting to do a little more shopping before he headed home.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
“Totally, it's awesome!” she beamed up at him. If she could get Alaric on side, maybe this could be the start of an all-Pilot knitting circle... No, that'd just be weird. She shook her head and turned back to the alien, but it seemed like he had other things to do right now. Ah, well. It'd been fun!

“Oh, yeah, sure! See you then!” Gauri grinned and waved back, continuing on towards the Citadel. This was all the stuff she needed to get for tonight. She already had a microwave meal in the freezer and an open bottle of wine in the fridge, and now with her yarn she was set. She was going to make so much bikini! It was gonna be great!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal