Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Codebreaking and Entering (open)  (Read 840 times)

Anonymous

Codebreaking and Entering (open)
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:15:23 pm »
Coronis slipped behind a ship's landing gear. Time for my best theft since I arrived here... the Draconian thought as he triggered his camo-field. Once his suit bent the light around him, so he was invisible, he slipped into the elevator and dropped to the lowest supply room. He came to one of the locked rooms. No keyhole... go figure... he thought before typing in the master code into the keypad. The light flashed red. "What?!" he exclaimed before hitting his suit's mute option. "Impossible... Time for a codebreaker, I suppose..." he muttered, now safely muted. He tapped behind the casing of the pad, sending in a small electric charge to make way for the breaker. Once it was prepped, Coronis placed a small gyro-spider onto the wall and it slipped into the pad, starting up the codebreaker system. Come on... hurry up... He hissed in his head before the codebreaker exploded in the pad, setting off a major electric charge. Screaming, and still muted, the Void Draconian was blasted into a wall, his camo-field deactivating. "Ooooh..." he groaned, his helmeted head rolling on his shoulders, dazed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Codebreaking and Entering (open)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 12:00:21 am »
In the hangar, a section sealed from the vacuum of space, Marimana did her best to shut the hatch to a small skiff. Work was scarce - She took what she could, and a kindly old miner, fresh from a haul and lonely was her favorite kind of client. People like that... they were interesting. Beauty of the body had little to do with it - Miners led a rough life, and a rough gem was often the most beautiful... at least in Mari's eyes. She still had a bounce in her step from the evening with him... what a wonderful person! The fact that he'd treated her so well and shared so openly filled her with light she could scarce contain.

She gave a small shiver and exhaled a little - the miner's vessel had been so warm, so inviting... but like it was when she went inside, the hangar was freezing at almost below zero. The silver vixen tugged a heavy, long jacket over her back, hastily working her arms into where they went and pulling up the hood, shielding her from the cold of the space station hangar to some level of comfort. She'd have thought that fur would help her in the cold, but it just wasn't enough, and her fur wasn't meant to, besides.

Mari moved with purpose - she knew just where she was going. She'd looked around some before she came on... and she didn't forget things. She made note - the small comings and goings, a quiet hangar awash with light and bustling with activity most people never noticed. She questioned every billow of steam, every clank of metal against metal, explored every crevice with her eyes. Nothing escaped that curious gaze, her feet leading her where she was going even as she spun, drank it all in. To her, this place was like a forest, a beautiful thing.

It was a good thing she looked forward when she did, her step freezing before even contacting ground as a heavy, dark form whizzed past her at frightening speed, the bioroid's eyes widening greatly as she caught whiff of metal, of singe, of ozone. She winced, ears splaying backward at the crash, the figure impacting the wall. She didn't think - she didn't have to. Her feet carried her without being told to do so, and instinct kicked in. Why, someone was hurt!

Marimana skidded to a halt a foot or so from the person - male, her nose told her, inhuman - and resisted the urge to touch him. His body crackled strangely and little arcs of energy made her skin tingle... but he was hurt! She had no inkling that he could be dangerous - she was trying to help him, surely that mattered for some reason, did it not?

The bioroid introduced herself with a "Heey! Are you okay?" with no regard for quiet - if anything, she was also calling for help, reaching out to touch into the Libran communication network. Public servants should know of an injury like this in the docking bay - who knows what else was damaged?

"I've called some help - they'll be here very soon... just hang in there, ok? you're going to be just fine!" she reassured the draconian, putting a hand on the male's shoulder.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »
Coronis shook his head and realized a female was near and had a hand on his shoulder. He said into his mike and "Unmute." Then he looked around and saw the vixen. "Wait... You called for help?!" the draconian gasped, stunned. "Oh no... This is bad!" he hissed to himself and rose, towering over the small bioroid. He saw the doors were open and he smiled. "Well, at least part of this was a success." Coronis laughed and darted into the room and grabbed several boxes. He sprinted back into the main section and paused. "Well... While you should have called for help to catch a thief... I really doubt I could leave you behind." The Draconian thought for a moment. "Hm... Do you want to explore the solar system, dear? I have room for one more on my ship." he asked.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:20:59 pm »
Marimana nodded when she was asked whether or not she'd asked for help. It was bad? He was hurt and it was bad that she called for help? She had to blink in disbelief, trying to fathom why in... then he took a couple boxes, leaving a very confused vixen girl staring at him as he did it, doing her best to piece it all together.

Oh. A thief. Marimana didn't believe in thieving - it was... irrelevant. Now he was almost threatening her. And offering her a trip into the solar system. Marimana, being the honest creature she was, had to give it thought. One one had, it would possibly be a chance to see the world around her, to get out, to see it all... on the other... she didn't believe in thieving, didn't understand why on earth anyone would live like that, on the backs of others, stealing what they need to survive when there's work available and... She just couldn't get honest folks like the Miner out of her head.

She bit her bottom lip, and shook her head at Drae, standing and dusting herself off. "No... I'm sorry, but I won't go with you... and you won't go either, actually!" she said, matter of factly as she then pointed a blaster in his face. His hands were full, she was close range, and she was outside of his arms' distance. This was kill range.

"Before he left, my master taught me how to defend myself... and what you are doing is wrong. I keep this weapon in perfect working condition, I'm afraid... and I won't miss at this range. I really... really don't want to hurt you, but if you move one more inch..." she swallowed nervously, but her hand was steely steady - being artificial had its perks.

"You can get caught in one piece, or one smaller piece and a buncha' lil' bits... Its really up to you. Please, PLEASE don't throw your life away for some... junk."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »
The Draconian chuckled, setting the boxes down and cracking his knuckles through his armor. "Oh really? And do you honestly think your little blaster can pierce my armor?" he asked rhetorically. He flicked his arm out, triggering his psionic blade and, in the same motion, sliced the blaster in two, rendering it useless. "Now come on... Surely you don't want to miss the adventure of a lifetime? I don't want to hurt you, I really don't. I may be a thief, but I still have a sense of honor." He flicked his arm again, shutting off the psi-blade and leaning against the boxes, his wings stretching and refolding behind him.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:30:04 am »
Marimana didn't register at first that the gun had been cut. It took her a second, but to her credit, she didn't freak out - when the barrel and a bit of the stock collapsed to the ground. She took a good second to compute.

Then holstered what was left of her gun in her bag. Boy, he didn't fool around, did he? Good thing for her, Marimana had programming for this sort of situation. She didn't have much choice but to follow him, did she? Be destroyed, follow him... be destroyed, follow? Doom, doom... Neither option was all that appealing... but at least she'd have a chance to escape and survive.

"Well since you put it like THAT" she said, pouting at him. She was at least 70% certain he'd cheated somehow.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 11:58:05 am »
Drae smiled in his helm. Slowly, he pressed a button and the helmet rose in sections before descending into the neck of the armor, revealing the gray draconic face underneath. He was handsome, as far as dragons were concerned, but the smile showed more knowledge then what he appeared. "So, are you coming? Don't worry... If I get caught, you won't get in trouble, I'll make sure of it." he said, eyes glowing.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:51:46 am »
Marimana frowned at Drae's helmet. The least he could do was show her his... face. It was almost like he could read her mind - she honestly hoped it was just a co-incidence, but it was a relief to at least see her captor - in her mind, thats exactly what he was - face to face. He was rougish, handsome. Figures.

The vulpine woman sighed. "Like I said, I don't have any choice - I don't want to get sliced, and I'm the only one who's seen your face - I'm a loose end. I know how it works. Just..." she looked up at him again, and moved to follow him. "... just don't kill me anyhow, please... I rather like not dying." As for his promise to keep her away from legal harm, she actually believed him, to a certain degree - she was a hostage, or something like it. Insurance for them both - she goes with him, he doesn't have to worry about his escape plan, and she doesn't have to lie in a pool of her own blood for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:44:10 pm »
Coronis smiled and said, "There is no way I could kill you." He turned around and grabbed the boxes. "Now come on. We have to get to my ship." He started walking and he triggered his helmet again and it slid into place and he disappeared, the boxes too. Thank you, camo field... he thought to himself, waiting for the vulpine bioid.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:27:22 am »
Marimana didn't buy what he said a lick. But at least he was enough of a gentleman that he didn't want her to worry about it - that, or he didn't want a panicking female running around screaming. Probably a bit of both - he HAD shown her his face deliberately, after all, he'd made a point of it.

As she mulled over this, she started a bit when the mask again closed over his face and he disappeared - boxes and all! Bloody hell, so thats how it worked out for him? He was able to become... she peered... pretty acceptably invisible. She knew he was there - her eyes were such that she could tell a difference... but she would not have been able to, were she not looking specifically for something like that, or hadn't seen him cloak.

She took a mental note of it, memorized what that looks like quite deliberately - It was a neat trick she didn't want to be on the receiving end of... besides, she noted, following him as best she could, this wouldn't be the last time she probably saw this ability.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 12:08:44 pm »
Drae gently laid a metal claw on Mari's arm to guide her as he led the way to the Shadow Spear. He was careful to avoid people and had to move away to prevent getting found, but he moved fast enough that his guiding claw left for a few seconds only. He set his PA volume to minimum and said, "We're almost to the Shadow Spear." He looked around and triggered his strange ship's loading ramp. The ship had a long body with four wings that looked like dragon's wings, but Coronis smiled because to Mari, it would look far different than what he saw, thanks to the stealth ore that the ship is constructed of. "And here she is."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 09:48:00 am »
Marimana blinked at... what was she looking at? It looked... well, it looked like an empty hangar - He could turn invisible, though, so why couldn't his ship do something like that? She almost took a step forward, but the loading ramp, made of visible material, opened wide and revealed an interior... that made no sense to the eye. On either side of the door, she could see the hangar, but looking into the opened door hovering seemingly mid-air, she saw an interior.

Going with the flow, Mari earflicked and pointed at it, then vaugely where she thought Drae was, mouth agape with surprise.

"Ship."

she said. Her mind wracked itself for understanding, and decided that shutting up and getting on board was in order. She had to give credit where credit was due - it was a neat not-lookin' ship!

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 02:59:01 pm »
Coronis smirked and, when Mari got into the ship, he closed the hatch and shut off his camo-field. Unsealing his helmet, with a hiss from the mechanism, he smiled. "This is the Shadow Spear. She's my home, essentially." he said, setting his boxes on the pad in the center of the room. With a sparkle of the air, the boxes dropped into a hole and a voice said, "Sorting through claimed items." He sighed and murmured, "It's been so long since I've had a passenger, willing or not." He entered the cockpit and started up the engines, causing the ship to jolt slightly as it rose and he expertly turned the ship around and into orbit around the station itself. "Well... It's time to go. If you have anything to say to the station, say it now, because we won't be coming here again for a while." the Draconian said, slight humor in his voice.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:24:34 am »
The fox jumped a little when the hatch slowly began to shut behind her, letting her cast one longing look backward at the vessel of the thief, where she'd be for an untold amount of time. She didn't like the idea of being stuck with this one for that much time, let alone being kidnapped by him. She sighed and --"Wah!" when the ship jolted, she fell to the ground in surprise, being the only free object in the cabin not restrained by something.

When at last in microgravity, when the ship wasn't trying to paste her against the wall like a wad of chewed bubblegum, she at last collected herself, bruised and startled by the whole ordeal. "M-mul...berry...!"

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 02:40:20 pm »
Coronis chuckled slightly before turning the ship away from the station and into the vastness of space. He set his ship on auto-pilot, letting it steer them into an orbit around the sun while he worked. "So..." he said, entering the cabin. He saw the bruising, sort of, and slipped a small pill out of his armor. "Here. Take this and the bruising will fade." he instructed, tossing the pill to Mari. Suddenly, a voice stated in monotone, "Items organized, Project Freeze is near completion." The Draconian groaned and muttered, "I forgot to mute... again..." The cockpit door closed and he stepped onto the pad, descending into the bowls of his ship. "Do whatever you like. You can't access much without my master code, though." he said, fading.

In the cargo hold, Coronis approached his worktable. A small device, like a coil of wire, was near a larger, more gun-like, one. He slipped the smaller one into the large one and pressed a button, causing it to seal up with the same material as the Draconian's armor. He picked it up and attached it to his shoulder, and his suit beeped. "New weapon aquired. Syncing." After a few minutes, the gun folded and slipped into his suit. "Weapon calibrated." With a chuckle, he stretched and began to put everything away, so Mari can enter the cargo hold and won't know TOO much about what he does.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal