Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: So are the days of our lives...  (Read 555 times)

Anonymous

So are the days of our lives...
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:15 am »
Maur giggled to himself with the excitement of the news he was going to bring to Elk, he had gotten permission as well as the name of the planet at which Elk was born and they were going to go there for a vacation. He wasn't sure if his parents were still alive or not, but he could see how things would work in his head:

Maur (NOTE: his imagination)stood in the doorway of Elk's parents house, they were in awe to see him, such a powerful Mordecai, (ha, he wishes) not only that but Maur had acted in the upmost respect to them, bowing to the father of his mage and kissing Elk's mom's hand. Of course this was normal behavior on his part, being a sly animal as he was, irresistibly handsome, charming and of course the keeper of their son, so he was not surprised that they were in awe of him. He only smiled as Elk smiled back at him, happily.

"Oh mother, oh father!" Elk told them, hands together dramatically. "Please accept Maurice into our family... I... I love him!!" Elk's hands went to his cheeks, blushing with embarrassment.

"What?? LOVE???" his mother replied, shocked and Maur put a hand to his chest, bowing slightly to Elk's mother, taking her hand in his again.

"Yes M'Lady... I'm deeply in love with your son... Don't worry M'Lord," He looked over at Elk's father, "I'll take very good care of your little precious boy." He flashed him a reassuring, charming smile, one that melted the hearts of those who gazed upon it's gloryness. His father stuttered for a moment, seemingly afraid of what to say or perhaps unsure of what to say. Maur leaned in a bit closer as Elk's father started to open his mouth to speak when--

"OWW!!!" Maur crashed into the wall next to him. Quickly he turned around to recompose himself as if he never faltered a step. "JEEZ!!" he exclaimed, looking at the culprit, a young attractive girl, a mage. He coughed in his hand for a moment and smiled at her, putting his arm around her shoulder, "Please accept my apology, you see, I should have paid attention to where I was standing and probably should have moved out of the way..."

Hand against cheek. "Jerk!" She yelled, pushing herself off Maur and storming down the hallway, leaving him to hold his cheek for a moment completely flabbergasted. What just happened there? He was smacked? He never was smacked before! Except from Elk...

OH! That's right! He was supposed to be telling Elk the wonderful news!! He hurried to his door, though the girl was still occupying his mind for a while, until he reached Elk's room. Taking in a breath for a moment he grabbed the handle and went to open it but it was locked. Typical. RAP TAP TAPPING he knocked on his door. "Heeeeyyyyyy!!!! Half-Moose!!! Open up! I have important information to discuss with you!" Well technically it was important.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: So are the days of our lives...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
Elk had spent the earlier portion of his day reading up on magic. It was one of his favorite subjects, and he relished the time he had to spend with the books. After a while, though, he found himself tired. There was only so much knowledge he could cram into his cranium before he was weary, though he found his mind to be his best asset. The world at large knew how cumbersome his weak body was--even worse that it was so fragile and so feminine. If he was mistaken as a female one more time, he swore to whatever gods were listening that he'd take a knife to their eye. Hm. He rather liked that image.

Setting his book down after settling a piece of red ribbon in his place, he crossed the room and stared down at his bed. He reached forward and lightly touched the material of his blanket. He was tired. He glanced at the door. Just a short nap. He'd take a short nap and get back to work. He made sure to lock the door first, and then he slid his shoes off before plumping up his pillows, grabbing the quilt off the end of the bed, and then climbing into it. Pulling the quilt up over his shoulders, he curled into a fetal position and not five minutes later, he was safely carried into the land of slumber.

BANG BANG BANG.

Elk jolted awake, eyes staring without really seeing anything but the soft watery colors of a dream fading away. His hair fell across his eyes, and he blinked, tucking it behind his ears. More banging was followed by shouting. In an all too familiar voice. Frowning, Elk settled back against his pillows and closed his eyes, bringing a hand to his face. Please just make him go away. He hated that stupid name. Moose. Half Moose. Whatever. Like he'd named himself Elk just for the shits and giggles. Kicking the quilt off, he shoved it over to the side of the bed and sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and slipping his shoes back on. He took a quick look at himself in the mirror. Half his face was still pink from where it had been pressed against a pillow. And of course, his hair and clothing were disheveled.

"One moment!" He shouted back in an irritated tone as he straightened his clothes, then pulled his hair back and raked his fingers through it. His hair was very fine, difficult to keep maintained even with a brush. For a moment, he seriously considered cutting it off. It wouldn't be the first time. But something stopped him. An image. Maybe a dream or a delusion. But something kept him from doing it.

Grabbing his brush, he tried to brush it to the best of his ability in such a short time. Usually, he had a few hours in the morning to himself to be properly ready. And did he do this to impress Maur? No, actually, he did it because of his own extreme fussiness. He didn't like having a hair out of place. He liked to appear elegant, it gave off the illusion he was in full control of himself. He would be, too. If it weren't for this blasted country and their blasted laws.

Still not fully satisfied with his appearance, Elk let out a little huff of breath before going to the door and unlocking it. He didn't want to open it, but he did--flinging it open and glaring at Maur.

"What? could possibly be so important that you deem it necessary to bang on my door and shout down the hallways?" He raised an eyebrow and peered down the hall. There was a girl and an old scholar. Both were pretending they weren't listening. Elk wasn't fooled. Lowering his voice, he grabbed Maur by the arm and dragged him inside before shutting the door behind him. Taking a step back, he crossed his arms. "Hurry up and say what you have to say. The sooner you say it, the sooner I can throw you out again."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:38 am »
Maur ceased his knocking on the door when he heard Elk's voice inside telling him to hold on for a moment. He smiled, he wondered what was going on inside of the room for Elk to tell him "Just a moment" something dirty? Something... forbidden? He wondered and pressed an ear to the door as if to hear what was going on better than he could just standing there. When he leaned in closer the door was pulled open and he almost fell inward, but he caught himself just in time and stood straight up as if he were standing and waiting the entire time.

Smiling widely, he opened his mouth to answer Elk when he was pulled into the room, the door shutting behind him and he couldn't help but let out a small giggle. "My my, aren't we the feisty one today..." He grinned and placed his hands on his hips. He ignored the last bit about being thrown out of the room, pfft, as if Elk could possibly throw him out of the room.

"Well," he lifted a hand and let it fall over a bit in the air, "I came by to tell you that we were going to be heading to Nastirith for Vacation." He held his grin, "and we're leaving tomorrow, I'm sure you'd like some help packing right?" He walked towards Elk's dresser and opened a drawer. It was a randomly opened drawer but he couldn't help be impressed with himself that he just happened to open up the drawer with his undergarments in it. Not saying to himself that he was a dirty pervert because well, facts were facts, he was a dirty pervert, but it seemed he could just... smell it out? Or no, maybe that wasn't the right wording...

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 07:10:36 pm »
Maur wasn't fooling anybody. It was obvious he'd been listening in at the door for some reason. Elk's eyebrow twitched slightly. What the hell did he think he was going to hear, anyway? Did he think Elk had somebody hidden away in his room? Some sort of secret lover? Elk had few "lovers." He was a sexual being; but he was very picky and he always seemed to find a way to throw people out before there was actually any consummation. He didn't know why. He just felt as if he were missing something. Passion, probably. He did lack passion for many things.

He grit his teeth as Maur called him "feisty," throwing a glare his way. He hated that word. He hated being called that word. That, however, fell completely away to a different kind of irritation when Maur kept speaking. Vacation? Tomorrow?

"Could you give me less notice? Why are we going to Nastirith for a vacation? Why are we going tomorrow and--" Elk crossed the room and slammed his underwear drawer shut. "Why are you getting into my underclothes? If I'm to pack, I can do it on my own, thank you."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:05:07 am »
What was he talking about? Didn't he just tell him before that he was thinking about going on a vacation, Elk should have been prepared to go hours ago. He should be used to Maur's spontaneous actions by now. How long have they been partnered up together? Seriously!

"We're goign to Nastirith because the name sounded interesting and I want to check it out, besides---" he pulled his fingers out of the way of being crushed as Elk slammed his underwear drawer shut. "Hey, I didn't intentionally open the drawer that you kept you unmentionables in, it just happened to be the drawer I opened." It was the truth, but he knew Elk wouldn't take it as that and think Maur had some sort of x-ray vision to be able to see through things and want a better closer look at his undies. Maur stuffed a hand in his pocket. Bahahaha!! He would never know that he had taken one of his pairs of frilly things.

"Well, if you're wanting to pack on your own, then hurry up and pack, I want to leave first thing tomorrow morning. Also," he turned around from where he was walking away a bit, "It might be best for us to sleep in the same room tonight, that way when either of us wake up we can wake the other up to leave." He smiled innocently as if he wasn't going to try anything tonight. No, he'd wait till they were on Nastirith before trying anything with Elk. Maybe he'd do something that would turn Elk's opinion on him around? Like that could happen anytime soon.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »
Elk couldn't say no, he didn't want to go, because he had no choice. However, in his mind, the idea of "vacation" didn't sound like a vacation at all. It sounded like work, because he'd be stuck alone with the king of perverts. He obviously had ways to overpower him, though magic was incapable of being used, but he wished he didn't have to resort to it. Actually, he kind of wished he did. He wasn't a sadist by any means, but he might get a bit of savage joy in causing him harm.

"I don't believe you," Elk said with narrowed eyes. He noted to himself that he'd have to keep his undergarments in a less obvious drawer. Like the bottom-most one. He kept his hand on the drawer until Maur moved away from it, and only then did he deign to lower it, gaze still locked suspiciously on the mordecai. "And absolutely not. I'm not sharing anything with you, let alone my room."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:51:15 pm »
Maur gave Elk a sullen look for a moment. "Fine, don't believe me, but I didn't." He crossed his arms. "I mean, I don't have x-ray vision or..." he started to laugh almost in hysterics. "Hmm... hehehe... if I did have it, I could see what you're wearing under those clothes of yours." He grinned.

Sighing he put up his hands in defeat. "I see, well, expect me to be here early then to wake you up, I know how long it takes you to get awake. And don't bother locking your door either, I can just pick the lock." He winked as he started to walk towards the bedroom door.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 03:54:51 am »
Leave it to Maurice to think this was hilarious. Elk's eyes narrowed, his lips pressed into a thin line. There was no rule stating the two of them had to be close in any way. Just because it was normal for that to occur didn't make it law, damn it. And Elk would sooner sidle up to a grizzly with steel claws than Maurice.

"Apparently, you already know what I'm wearing under my clothes," Elk said in an icy tone. Given the fact that he'd just been found rooting through his damned underwear drawer, it kind of said it all. "And I'm locking my door. If you so much as think about..." A thought occurred to him then, and he turned from Maur. "Never mind. Nothing I say will stop you from doing what you want." And nothing would stop Elk from booby trapping the door should somebody try picking the lock.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 10:25:07 am »
Maur kept his grin on his face as he reached for the door handle and turned his head to look at Elk. "Ditto," he told him, though it had been an accident, he really didn't think Elk would see it as that. Sometimes though, he did wish he had x-ray vision, maybe he could see what that guy was thinking most of the time. Just because he was pretty didn't mean that Maur was going to listen to everything he said, and he was sure, vice versa. But really, to pick the lock or to not pick the lock? that was the question at hand so far. Maybe he'd just bang on his door loud and obnoxiously in the morning to wake him up. Haha, make him fall out of his bed.

"Well, see you in the morning then." He smirked, winking and going through the door to the hallway. He had a lot of things to do. Find the maps and pack those. Vacation wasn't a word that Maur really knew, but he'd like to know what a real one was sometime in his life. Yes, this whole trip was going to be one giant work load for him, a secret project that he'd been thinking of since the first week he was assigned to be a Mordecai. The only thing was, would Elk help him or not? He was more than positive Elk wasn't happy, in fact, the scowl he had on his face one hundred percent of the time told him that much. Maybe he'd be nicer if Maur was able to do what he was hoping he'd be able to do? He hoped the information he found wasn't false.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 01:41:31 am »
With Maur gone, Elk could finally breathe again. He glared at the door, as if the man was standing right behind it. And then he went to his underwear drawer, face turning red. Stupid pervert. There were some things that should be kept private. A person's underwear were one of them. Staring at the drawer, his hand on the knob, long, slender fingers, pale skin. He wondered, not for the first time, why people thought such things were a blessing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Too bad this beholder found beauty in him. It was becoming quite pesky. And just what was this vacation about? The only thing that came to mind was that Maur somehow was under the delusion that they'd be fucking. He smiled grimly at that. Only in your dreams, Maur. Only in your dreams.

X x X x X

He woke up feeling as if the wind had been knocked out of him--gasping for breath, he raked his hand through his long hair and drew his knees up. Leaning forward, he tried to get some air, chest heaving. He kept having this nightmare. The one where he died. He always died at the end, and it always came as a shock. There was a man. Tall. Dark hair. Clear eyes. There was another man. One who looked suspiciously like Maur, now that he thought of it. But there was no lust in his eyes. No interest, even. Just irritation. Annoyance. But he did share that smug streak with Maur. Squeezing his eyes shut, he ran his hands through his hair, slowly. It made him feel better, somehow. Eventually, his heart stopped racing and he sat up, looking around the dark room and then at the clock. Soon. He might as well get ready now...

Swinging his legs over the bed, his bare feet touched the cold floor and he shivered. Dragging his covers with him, he went over to his wardrobe and pulled a few things out. He hadn't packed. Even after Maur had left. He supposed he was still hoping that nothing would come of this. He would have appreciated more time. And now here he was, still not packed. If it was really happening, it would be him holding them up. Although, to be honest, this wasn't new. Elk did have a penchant for vanity. It wasn't exactly that he was so absorbed with his appearance that he loved himself. More that he wanted to appear pleasing to others. And he didn't know why, since even when he did gain attention, he spurned it. Then again, when he needed it, he used it to his full advantage. Maur might be surprised at the things Elk was really capable of.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal