Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Serene  (Read 2662 times)

Anonymous

Re: Serene
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:44:33 am »
The bearded man shook his head Lorimar, "sometimes greatness is thrusted upon you young one, don't let this oppurtunity fly by, you do know that the captian must like you if you're put in this position," he boomed, pulling out a large cutlass type blade and swinging it at the creatures. The lizard man shook his head, "well if you ain't smart 'ere then I'm saving myself," he screeched, pushing Lorimar and running down another hallway. The cat-man looked at the creatures carefully while the fighting took place, "I say these are just spawn, the mother must be back in the wreckage mateys! Good ol' Diitcha will hand the matriarch over yonder on the ship," he cackeled, firing madly at the creatures.

Diitcha cupped his hand over Rastaban, "aye, I ain't leaving 'em, you're going to get them while I'll distract the beasty!" he laughed throwing the bladesman through a door and then locking it. There was a crashing sound on the other side of the door and Diitcha calling taunts towards the creature. There was another loud thump and then a scream, this followed by a loud screeching roar. Rastaban was alone in the hall, in the darkness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 06:46:14 pm »
Whoa! That was unexpected. He really should have seen it coming, the Captain being a little crazy as he was. Stumbling into the darkness, he felt a chill run over him, even through the spacesuit. Looking back over his shoulder, he thought for ten seconds about turning back when he heard the commotion--and that spurred him forward instead. Running as fast as he could manage, he went around in what felt like a square formation before he finally found himself looking up at the hole he'd dropped down from. He glanced first one way, then the other, ensuring the monster wasn't near him before calling up: "Guys! You still up there?"

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »
He couldn't help but feel that the bearded man wasn't the best person to give advice to people, especially to the doctor who heals injured people and gives out drugs. Not to mention he had a horribly bad hangover from the previous day that was still there. Did he really care that the captain liked him? Maybe, he did have a pretty good job and he would most likely be fired by any other employer for what he did with the medicine and the alcohol on the ship.

When the lizard guy shoved past him, he could feel himself starting to feel faint from the pills finally taking what seemed like full effect. "Did you want to take leadership?" Lorimar asked the cat guy, "I feel like I'm going to pass out any moment," he put his hand on his head, surely he would take his spot? Right?

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 01:52:02 pm »
The cat guy looked at him, "ya' pass out and we leave ya', babysitting a knocked out junky could cost more lives, work it out," he growled, "and I will take incharge then, ya' stay awake matey and shoot the blighters!" he roared, grabbing Lorimar by the kneck, it was no time for a sick day with all the creatures that were mauling anyone in their wake. The large bearded man looked at Lorimar and back handed him, "that should keep you awake for now," he laughed in his booming voice.

The four called back to Rastaban, "aye we're alive fer now!" one of them called, throwing down the line for the swordsman to climb up with. "Wut doo we doo neow" blurted one of them, shaking in his suit while trying to keep a good hold of his weapon. " 'Ooo were ya' speaking with?" said another, stepping forward and eying Rastaban suspiciously, "are you in with the monster... it's a sirene aint it! She's got the guy under the spell and will lead us all to a grave!" he assumed through his simple superstitions as a pirate and listening into old space-faring stories.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 03:37:08 pm »
((LOL, apparently I need to not write when I'm tired.))

"As fun as that sounds, I swear no siren has got to me!" Rastaban called up, he looked around for something he could use as a makeshift rope and grappling hook--cursing himself for not bringing such things along with him. And then a rope dropped down before him. He felt relief at their insight and he grabbed the rope and climbed up.

Once he was up, he looked around at the others. Then back down into the hole. They were up here, safe for the moment. What about the Captain, though?

"None of you would happen to have a good distraction on you, would you? Like a firecracker, maybe...?"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:08:46 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 05:09:41 am »
OOC: already got a rope for ya to climb up with lol

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »
Lorimar couldn't really hear what the cat guy was telling him, but he was being shoved one way and another way. Something about staying awake and not letting the pills get to him? His headache was going away, yay! but now... Someone grabbed him by the neck and dragged him somewhere, the world around him seemed to become more dizzy as it happened, then something else happened. He was hit by some man, back handed against his face.

"K-keep me awake?" He asked, holding his cheek. Seriously! These are the people he makes sure are healthy! Wait a minute... was there something on the ship?! "Somethings on the ship?!" he sounded his thoughts in almost shock.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 07:18:28 am »
The cat guy looked at the bearded man in disbelief, "look's like the lad's getting it now," he laughed. The man ruffled his beard, "aye me lad, so if you don't get it together you're going to be a fleshy feast for the creatures," he bellowed to Lorimar, he was a very loud man ofcoarse, but this was due to the roars and screams around them. "Torg! Take him to the infirmary and detoxify him," the burly man ordered, this was the first time the agressive felines name was said. "Ah yer said me name! You've told him me name!" Torg growled, putting the doctors arm over his shoulders to carry him to the infirmant section of the habitant deck.

The four looked at Rastaban for a moment. One shook his head, "sirenes ain't fun!" he whined neurotically, only to get slapped in the back of the head. "Shaddup idiot! He was joking..... I think," the other said, scratching his chin. The smart one of the four, well smarter than the other three stepped in after being silent for most of the ordeal, "ah right, here's a solaris cartridge..." he held out a capsule that shook slightly, "Diitcha created it, it uses fusion star tech, he don't sell them though because only the insane or genius can use them properly me thinks,"  he looked at Rastaban, "right, may aswell say our names before we all die then, I'm Suuta, that scaredy cat is sphink, the folklore luvving one is Rez and then ya got the who's shouting, Tookra" he gestured to each one with a nod. "Now your name...."

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »
"Rastaban," he said promptly, nodding at all of them as they were introduced. The names gave them solidarity. "Five for one, and one for five!" Then he looked at the capsule that had been held out. He finally took it and looked it over himself. "Do I count as insane or a genius?"

He grinned for a moment, looking the thing over again. The capsule was shaky. That meant some sort of chemistry going on in there. The more he looked at it, the less he thought one had to be a genius. Maybe insane was the word, because he had no idea if this was going to work, and if it did, they might all die... He shook the thing like a soda can and then threw it down the hole.

"Run, run, run. Back up, away from the hole!" Even as he spoke, he was dragging a couple of them with him. Once they were a safe distance away, he clapped his hands over his ears and cringed, waiting. And waiting. And waiting. He opened first one eyes, then the other, looking at the others. "Okay, okay, lemme see what went wrong here..." He went over to the hole and then...

BOOM.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 07:59:53 pm »
"Look..." Lorimar backed up a few paces, "How about this... I go and lock myself in my cabin-infirmary? Sound like a plan?" He heard the one man yelling about taking him to the infirmary to "detoxify" him. Well, he needed these drugs, and there wasn't anything in there that would take him out of his current state either. So burly man telling Torg to take him wasn't going to do any good. Well that was unless Lorimar locked himself into the room. The two seemed to be arguing when he felt his arm being pulled over a shoulder. "Heey! I can walk just fine!" he yelled, yanking his arm back and starting to walk down the place a few steps before almost falling flat on his ass. Maybe he did need help after all. He sighed, just his luck.

(ooc: Sorry for the lateness of this!!)

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 10:08:28 am »
Torg growled at Lorimar, "it's the fact you can run which worries me!", he pulled Lorimar on the arm again. "And seeing as you love mutilation so much, why don't I cut you up if you're ready let everyone die while you shine your arse with your shivering tongue!" he roared, pulling out a shot gun and blasting one of the monsters in the face. The fact his crew mates were dying and the doctor not caring angered him deeply. "Look, okay, you lock yourself up in your little office but I ain't staying to protect you from those blighters," he said, picking up the twisted monsters almost shattered head, it's teeth was long and pretruded in all angles with deep black eyes tinted with green.

Suuta was the first to get out of the hall and slid into cover, Sphink screeched and doved under a tattered desk. "Ahhhhh god!" yelled Tookra tripping over buckets and scrap metal. Rez the large burly, supasticious man caught Rastaban who flew backwards and quickly ran out of the hall with white outgrabbing light that seemed to desintergrate anything that touched, following it was a large U.V that went futher than initial blast, burning anything that was in it's wake. Suuta looked at the dizzy and slightly shell shocked man, "well we can certianly say your insane enough to use the Solaris cartridge," he laughed, while gasping for breath. Suuta looked at a watch on his wrist, "we got about an hour depending left," he said, tapping it just in case it wasn't working.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 04:31:31 pm »
"Hoooly smuckers." Rastaban blinked in astonishment. He'd be dead if he hadn't been caught by one of the men. He looked up at him. Rez. The big one. He sank against him in relief. He hadn't expected what had come out of that small little thing. After a moment, he was sitting up and a laugh erupted from him, the laugh of a madman nearly dead in his tracks. After a moment, he slumped over against a wall and shoved his hair out of his face, a grin slowly growing.

"Just an eency weency bit insane." He knocked the side of his own noggin. "Don't think there's any genius in me..." He was also as breathless as the others, despite not running for himself. His laughter and shock had taken it all away. Finally, he grabbed onto what was left of the wall and got to his feet, still slightly shaky, but feeling good he was alive. And then he remembered. The Captain! Uh-oh.

"The Captain. The Captain was down there." He looked from one man to the next, wondering what their next move should be. He hoped the man had managed to move out of range on time. "Do you think there's anything else here worth looking into?" He was about to suggest leaving and going back to the Serene when he heard it. A tiny rattling sound in the walls, like bad AC. But it was getting steadily louder. "What the hells is that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »
"If you cut me up, then how would I be able to fix anyone up?" And what did he mean shivering tongue? He was getting increasingly mixed from this Torg guy. Hmph, he would do just that, lock himself in his office and save himself, a doctor had to make sure that he was safe before others after all. If he died then they wouldn't be able to be saved if they could be saved. And besides that, he didn't really like those regular guns, and he had left his Gravity Rapier back in his room, so even if he was in good shape to fight, he wouldn't be able to.

Suddenly a crack off to the side could be heard and one of the creatures busted through the side of the wall, hissing and snarling at Torg and Lorimar. Great, just what he needed, to be face to face with one of the freaks. "Shit, we're too far away to be safe." Lorimar muttered.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 04:45:45 am »
Torg got slashed in the arm by the monster and just before he could shoot, the beast sent him flying to a wall, causing him to drop his gun beside the doctor. The monsters twisted roared loadly then arched his kneck towards Lorimar and began to circle him, creeping on twisted, spiked limbs that seemed to be made entirely of its claws, reaching from it's body and to the metal floor. The monster could sense a kind of, anguish and lack of will with in the doctor and decided to toy with him.

Rez placed his head up against the wall but jumped as empty bullets trickled out of the little by in the hull. Then it losted it's integrity and collapsed, followed by a figure in a longcoat to fall out with a burn un-human arm his hand. The figure looked at the four and grinned wildly, "aye mateys, me and the beasty made a deal, she took my arm.... I took her's!" ofcoarse, it was Diitcha but his arm was missing and where it used to be was nothing but a ripped and chewed lump with legiments hanging out, dripping blood on the floor. "Aye, then I had to dodge the solaris blast by jumping into a vent and got sent flying upwards to you mateys with the burnt monster following me, managed shoot at it a few times and crawl through this here hull and then reloaded my gun only to fall over and back into the warmth of me mateys!" he said triumphantly.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »
"Captain!" Rastaban smiled and crossed his arms as if he'd known all along that the man would be safe. "I was pretty sure you'd make it out alive, but..." He'd been about to ask about the arm, but the Captain told them the story. He nodded. Well, that was a relief. If it had been the solaris blast that took it away, he'd surely have heard an earful about how reckless his behavior had been. "So... Monster equals burnt, then? Does that mean it's dead?"

There wasn't much of a ship left to explore at this point. Rastaban wondered what had happened here. What that monster really was. And if there was any sort of treasure to be had. He wasn't technically a pirate or treasure hunter, but he had a little of both traits living inside him. Namely, a shiny object or two to pocket would make this man one very happy camper. He had a little hoard of little shiny things, not all necessarily of any value, either.

"Captain, what are your orders, sir?" Rastaban raised his eyebrows in anticipation. He had no argument whichever way they went. He'd just found a burnt up screw on the ground. He picked it up and rubbed off the char with his thumb. Shiny.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »
Lorimar had jumped back when the creature started to attack Torg, not scared, just surprised and even more surprised when Torg got knocked back and his gun, OF COURSE IT HAD TO HAPPEN THIS WAY, skidded over to him. Of all the things and of all the days that he didn't have his weapon readily available. He hated this already. He couldn't just let himself die (hey, who would fix the mutilated guys?) He slowly bent down to pick up the weapon as the monster started to snarl at him, circling around slowly and lowing it's head to growl and try to snap at him.

Lorimar held onto the gun with one hand, snaking his finger to the trigger hole and holding it tightly so that he could try to get a better grip and make sure that he'd not miss the target. another thing that he hated about guns; he hated how short they were. With his Rapier, at least the nose of the gun was long enough for him to really be able to hit the target better. Being a laser gun, as the one he picked up was, it was fast at reloading to be able to allow him to hit more times than one of those... antique things that some of the men liked to collect. He pointed the gun at the creature, the laser pointer right in it's forehead but as soon as he pulled the trigger, the moster moved and his shot missed. Dammit!"

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 03:11:06 pm »
Torg squinted as his arm had a deep chunk incisition ripped through his skin and flesh. "Y-ya can do it doc, just think of it as some kinda operation, precision is the key and all that -arggh!" blooded seeped out his arm like a stream of pain and crimson. The beast flipped up onto the ceiling and screeched in appeasement, the man didn't have the hands of a killer, only ones of a healer. It's obsidian eyes narrowed on Lorimar and dove straight at him....

Diitcha grinned, "no shinies here me lads, nothing but bones, skin and mutilation.... but we gotta take back our own ship before we find out that mother beastie is alive and well," he cackled in his gruff piratey fashion before limping down the hall, followed by Rez, Sphink, Suuta and Tookra. "We gotta hold our breathes in the jeti though, someone's been ripped to shreads, one of yours I presume...." he smirked but had a sad expression underlying his expression, he was on about the young cowardly scavvy who died while running away.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »
"Sound advice, Captain," Rastaban said cheerfully, although he had to admit, he was disappointed in how this ended. Sure, he'd found something useless and shiny, but in the end, their exploration of the ship ended with no treasure and a dead mate. Not the best news of the day.

"Are we leaving the way we came in?" He looked that way. It appeared to be a clear shot back to the Serene...

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:59 am »
He fell flat on his ass as the monster dove towards him, he held up the gun with both hands and shut his eyes as he pulled the trigger multiple times, sending a stream of monster blood all over himself and splattering towards Torg. The creature's dead body landed only centimeters from Lorimar and the nerves still twitched slightly before finally stopping. Lorimar started at it for a moment before pushing himself up to his feet, using the side paneling for support, he could feel his last meal, whenever that was, starting to churn up in his stomach, a small burp came up almost placing vomit on his tongue. Bleh!

"I think a nice drink is in order..." He murmured to himself and looked again over at Torg. "You okay?" He asked.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »
The gruff feline grinned wildly, "aye, now that was a blood bath of a kill," he laughed, climbling groggily to his feet. "Bahh, I'm fine... just a flesh wound in me opinion," he replied to the doctors question, squinting slightly and whipping out a pistol while is other arm fell limp. "We gotta get you 'em pills anyways," he smirked at the doctor before limping onwards, "you ain't such a rubber glover after all mate," Torg chuckled, gesturing Lorimar to follow.

Diitch patted his insane crew member, "aye, me ship didn't agree with me landing into thee trash duct," he cackled before strolling onwards with the other survivors, "I hope you don't mind mutilated corpses though.... if ya do.. then we're outa luck matey!" he grinned at Rastaban and pointed at the stream of blood, most likely belonging to the one who ran off in the early part of the attack.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal