Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: New personage  (Read 522 times)

Anonymous

New personage
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:46:27 am »
A divine entity pointed me towards this place, and lo, I am here... or something.

I'm guessing this is where I plead on my hands and knees for someone to play with the new guy. I may even go as far as foot kissing, but only if they've been washed.

Only character I have up so far is D472, a sarcastic, mocking android with an almost complete disregard for life (In that he wouldn't really care if people started falling dead around him, regardless of whether he killed them or not, and not that he goes around trying to find people to kill).

I haven't finished the profile completely yet, so I have yet to put it in, but I'm going to have something so that means anyone who wants to can wipe/reprogram his memory, and upgrade his systems if there are characters who would want to, and still be able to restore his memory at a later date.

I'm open to most suggestions. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes an interest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: New personage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:51:30 am »
I know that my Character Aryte on Libra might be interested in reprogramming robots and things but I don't know how healthy it would be for your charrie. I also have Giselle who works at TRIM who might fit the
bill as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:00:48 pm »
You could always go Biblical and just offer foot-washing.  Then you'd not have to worry.

Anyway, hi.

I'm a little hesitant about playing with a character who's based on a fandom, if that makes sense?  But I've got a crazy space pirate who might, um.... do something with him.  Other than that I'm a bit at a loss.  My Edani senator probably doesn't have time for emotionless robots... Libra's military commander likewise.  I really do need more wanderers/independents, but for now I've got Rune, space pirate.  He's a complete wackjob, so I could play him with anything, really.  Haven't gotten to yet.

So.  Yep.  Welcome!  Sorry you've not gotten more of a reception--I know I'm just a bit busy with Thanksgiving and a little unsure how to incorporate your character in things.  But I'm sure it'll work out for ya. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 01:03:17 pm »
Well, the thing I had in mind was 3 memory cores. They're memory, core, and current.

The 'core' core has the original prgramming stored inside, which can't be accessed by anything but the 'current' core.
The 'memory' core holds all past experiences, which are backed up every so often from the 'current' core. It also can only be accessed by the 'current' core.

The 'current' core can be accessed by anything, but when this happens, all access to the other two memory cores is cut to prevent them being altered. A diagnostic is run on any reprogramming. Unfortunately, the diagnostic system is inefficient, so it can last as long as is needed =P
Once it's all been checked, and nothing malificent is found, then access is restored to the other two, and any new programming is archived in the 'memory' core, and if it has been deleted, the files from his 'core' core are copied back into the 'current' core.

To make a long story short - He can be anything you want him to be, and whilst he is, he won't remember anything but what you program him to. And if you make him do anything demeaning, once he has his normal personality back, he may attempt to kill you.
Of course, the rest of him isn't as easy to restore. Although a robotic leg is probably easier to fix than an organic one. Repair nanites would fix that, but that just seems too easy.

I'd say, whichever one you'd like to RP with more, I'm fine with.

Edit
- Sam

Yeah, I usually don't like copies from other things, which is why he's only based on, and not a direct copy of. And even then, it's just really his personality that I'm copying, since I just thought that sort of character would be brilliant here.
Everything else I'm putting in is straight from my deranged imagination, and any future characters will be purely from there as well.
I mean, nothing is truly original, and something is always inspired by something else. I'm just stating where my inspiration came from straight off the bat.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »
I have some characters who may work. x3 But do you have any plot ideas or anything? xD
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »
Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"
I have some characters who may work. x3 But do you have any plot ideas or anything? xD

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of someone else, or some others, find the android floating amongst some debris, or on a wrecked ship, deactivated, and depending on  who it is that finds the wreckage, tries to reprogram, reactivate, take it back in an attempt at selling it and/or loot it for themself.
I'm also open to suggestions, if none of you think that would suit your characters.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:51:59 am »
Aha. x3 Well, I have a space pirate named Key, so he'd be likely to try and activate or sell it. xD So if you wanted to do a thread, I'm up for it!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal