Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Talking about my GENER--LIMITATIONS  (Read 305 times)

Anonymous

Talking about my GENER--LIMITATIONS
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:55:50 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
[For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?]

I’m ignoring the answers, because my answer for this is really, really variable. For the most part, I am not alright with powerplaying, and yet I often do not mind it in a limited sense. I is perfectly reasonable to assume, for instance, that if two characters are walking together, that my character follows the other character where ever the other character goes. It is ridiculous to make that dependent on how I feel about my character walking with the other character, as by writing that action into the roleplay, I have previously consented to allow you, the other player, to assume my character follows your character. I cannot think of any other examples of this, but I think my example is pretty clear.

If your character is doing something to my character which I have not consented to in my actions, you may either write the action in an open ended manner, or ask me about the action. If your character punches my character, do not assume the punch lands, as I should have the opportunity to write the situation in a way that my character does not get hit. This idea applies to all such actions, whether they be kisses, punches, or accidents.

So, in short, don’t powerplay unless it makes logical sense and I have tacitly consented, or ask me about specific examples. I am very reasonable about this issue. I will not assume my character always dives out of the way of physical attack, or anything annoying like that.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:

I realized it was probably pertinent to put my views about mind reading etc here, as we are dealing with psychic characters. My general rule is that anything I write is fair game. What I mean by that is that anything that I state my character is thinking or feeling is a valid thing for you, as the other player, to use in your post in relation to my character. If you character is empathetic, as in reads emotions, and I explicitly state that my character is angry, then it is completely valid for your character to know my character is angry. This applies to thoughts as well--even if I do not write out thoughts, but state that my character is thinking about something, your character can know what my character is thinking about if your character reads minds.

Actually, this same rule follows for non magical perceptions as well. If I state that my character appears upset, then your character can read that visual cue. I do, however, have to state that my  character is physically emoting for your character to know how my character is feeling without the mental abilities to read emotions.

Christ, all that makes me look like such a stuck-up prude! I'm really not as strict as this makes me out to be, I swear. I won't like eat anyone who doesn't take all of this into account. Really, I won't.

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

Will do:
Basic, small injuries are perfectly fine. I don’t mind my characters being battered, bruised, or cut, as long as the injury is not life threatening; however, my rules about powerplaying apply here. If your character attacks my character, the outcome of the action must be left open ended in your post so that I can determine the best way to respond.

Won't do:
Any actions that violate my rules about powerplaying, or anything that results in my character’s death.

Ask me first:
I would like to know if you plan on injuring my character in a way that will dramatically influence the way my character is played. Basically, ask about really serious, life altering injuries.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do:

Well, I’ve never really had a problem with torture before, but I suppose I am open to anything that does not violate my aforementioned limits. I guess if the torture is incredibly twisted and sick, I might be horrified, but I cannot think of a situation which would really disgust me to the point that I cannot reply.

Won't do:

Anything that violates my aforementioned rules, so if my character is being tortured, I have to have some say in the outcome.

Ask me first:

Anything really, really sick, I suppose, and perhaps hyper sexual situations.

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do:

I feel as if someone killing one of my characters disrgards my views about powerplaying, so just do not do it. I cannot think of a situation in which killing one of my characters would not be powerplaying. Ask about life threatening injuries or attempts to kill my characters; I may not be completely opposed.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

I have the same answer as above.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Actually, healing is a case in which I find powerplaying rather acceptable. Feel free to assume that when your characters attempt to heal mine, it works depending upon your discretion. However, if it is an injury which is written into my character and not one which came about during play, please ask my permission first. Actually, if the healing action is a dramatic and impressive one, ask me first.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]
I will admit that I do not write sex well, but I am always willing to try. If it gets too kinky, I will stop it myself, but otherwise, sex is totally fine. I am an adult, I feel like I can handle it.

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Not currently, but maybe something will come up later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal