Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Not creepy or anything (Nanami)  (Read 1976 times)

Anonymous

Re: Not creepy or anything (Nanami)
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 06:51:08 am »
Liv hadn't even thought of using the whipped cream as a weapon.  Really, he hadn't.

In retrospect, he wished he'd thought of it first, and edged his seat warily back from the threat of spray.  He did not want to damage his new clothing.  He couldn't resist responding to Loki's absurdly condescending tone, though.

"Really?" he said, clasping his hands to his chest, leaning forward, and fluttering his lashes so outrageously his eyes rolled up into his head.  "Gosh golly, ice cream!"  When he blinked his vision clear he saw that Loki looked somewhat displeased at the display.  

"Okay.  Fine."  He huffed petulantly and picked up his coffee, running active fingers over the sides and wetted rim of the mug.  It had gone a bit cold.  Liv's pyrokinesis was not under perfect control; it had always been and would probably always remain too connected to his wayward emotions.  But he managed to bring enough heat to the spot just above one palm to bring the coffee back to an acceptable temperature.  He sipped at it idly, wrinkling his nose and narrowing his eyes at Loki over the brim of the drink.

Strange.  He felt happier than he had in a long time, tension aside.  Not that wary, paranoid tension didn't vibrate a constant background tone anyway.  

"I'm serious, you know," he said, letting his eyes slide to slits and setting down his coffee.  "Ice cream.  I want something with a hell of a lot of chocolate, Rasmussen, it is not easy to hold to self-control around your beguiling self."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »
Oh really? It had worked? Loki eased up in his seat a little, feeling satisfied. Of course, now he would really have to buy ice cream though if it kept Liv in order until the camera went away then-

“Fine. Just shut up and until she’s gone,” Loki said, tapping the can of cream pointedly. He wasn’t looking forward to the spectacle of Liv possibly consuming his own body mass in ice cream as fast as possible. How was he still skinny? It was annoying.

She stayed for a couple more minutes, taking a few snaps. Loki remained still, staring past her into nothing. Very determinedly being mundane. Then she was adequately bored. She lowered the camera, smiled vaguely at no one, then started walking away. He sighed, relinquishing his hold on the whipped cream.

How much easier would things be without Liv? Strange thought. Not one that he could dwell on much. It kind of skewed naturally when he did try to dwell on it. Onto other, more comfortably trivial matters. Like the ice cream. He toyed with the idea of getting Liv vanilla just to piss him off. Instead, he just threw the menu apathetically at him. They could go back to being childish now that no one was witness to it.

“Take your pick. Did you know acute hyperglycemia can cause impotence?” he said casually as he sipped at his tepid coffee. He set it down and to the side, making a face. “And groin rash.” He leant back in his seat and stretched, with an easy smirk. “So, by all means, knock yourself out.”

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 04:43:45 pm »
Liv caught the menu deftly in one hand, propped it open with his thumb, and skimmed a finger over the possibilities.  He knew what he was going to order.  He always got the same thing.  He only hesitated in order to draw Loki's annoyance out into strands as long and fine as possibly.

"I didn't know that," he murmured, pretending to think it over.  "The more you know.  Well, if I suffer anything--"  Liv looked over the top of the menu, smiling, nose crinkled in an attempt at obnoxious cuteness.  "--you can fix me.  I know you don't want me impotent."  

He set down the menu and matter-of-factly pressed the indicators of his choice: rocky road ice cream, hot fudge sauce, banana.  Then he flipped it shut and chucked it back at Loki, his free hand snaking out to grab the whipped cream from him while he was distracted.  He grappled with the can until he held it defensively, finger poised on the sprayer.

"Hey, lady with the camera's gone, you can admit it."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal