Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Site-wide plots!  (Read 1430 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 10:23:19 pm »
I've NJC-ed a pair of TRIM scientists connected to Yuri, who brings research subjects in. Of the pair, Chinara would be most likely to want to be involved with the aliens and the plague. She has a superiority complex and likes to see if she can make other scientists' work sleeker and faster with 99% less saturated fat.

Aliens being involved would definitely be a cool little plot point. It could even be a complete 'oopsie' instead of Assault from Andromeda. Alien warlord x, or even better Alien Rebel Leader x, could have contacted TRIM about a weapon it could use on its enemies and then... d'oh! Bioweapon released.

I've got a doctor I could throw into this plot too. Only, she knows next to nothing about the physical makeup of most races in this solar system, so she might have a few oopsies too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

<
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 03:05:20 am »
Lol, I've always posted in red. Just wouldn't be right if I didn't.

More scientists are always cool. I like the Alien Rebel Leader wanting a biological weapon idea. Makes the whole thing more complicated than a simply black and white evil Alien power/whatever wanting it for their gain, in my opinion.

The plague thing could also easily tie into one of Rhi's attack on a kingdom ideas. After its released and finds its way to one of the space stations/nations, a mass of zombies could attack one of the cities, providing plenty of fun for the local soldiers, lol. Even better, a rival nation could use the zombies as cover (provided they aren't being assailed too) while they launch their own attack at the same time, like Teinar attacking Aedolis when Aedolis is being swarmed, or any combination. Thoughts if anyone wants to go that far?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 11:11:18 am »
I like that idea a lot too, Nighty! x3 Like Xxerth said, less black and white, more shades of gray, and shades of gray are awesome. Good versus evil I never really liked.

Also...love the attack idea! xD If Aedolis got swarmed, that would be chaotic. Some people want out, and it could be the perfect opportunity for Teinar and the Gospels to act under the cover of chaos to do that. Well. Assuming Teinar wasn't too busy with its own problem with beasties and whatnot, and there would be an added layer of complexity with the air being all nasty. An even more complicated layer if, in Aedolis, the Pilots' biomechanical Dragons can catch the plague. That would be crazy. And in the actual cities of Aedolis, soldiers would really have their work cut out for them protecting citizens, since citizens aren't allowed weapons, and any mage or psychic is in the military.

And if Dragons can catch the plague...well...the re would be much calamity. They uphold the Network that keeps Aedolis running, after all, so if they went haywire, Aedolis would go haywire. Power outages, water acting up, stuff like that, and it might effect the Pilots. Pilots are addicted to connecting to the Network through their Dragons, and if their Dragon dies, they tend to go depressed/suicidal/crazy. It would be a stressful, hectic, crazy time in Aedolis.

>_> I love it.

Zombies have my vote as well! <3
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 06:42:35 pm »
Hokay! Let's get this show on the road! Howzit gonna all work out? Who's gonna post first? Where will it go from there? Sry, not too familiar with site-wide plots... :oops:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 07:02:03 pm »
Hm... I suggest not only an outbreak, but a political scandal, as well. People covering up who really did it, placing scapegoats up on the podium, so to speak. Aedolis could use the outbreak as a reason to go after Mars, the Edanith could use it as an opportunity to further blame their lil' mages' magic, and everyone else could be pulling out their hair, not giving a damn who actually did it (being more concerned about their own hides).

Under-the-table deals, bribery, the use of hostages, the infection of Aedolis's systems, and the realization that TRIM just might be one of the scapegoats would be quite entertaining, don't you think? :p

Especially if it's the Edanith who made the malignant infections from magic. That'd be a nice twist of irony, I think- who's got the 'bad magic' now, hm?

...Or you could always have Aedolis initially use a TRIM-created plague on Space Pirates as a sign of power over the rebels. As they use the sickness as a political campaign, the pirates who make it to either Earth, Mars, or one of the interplanetary satellites end up spreading the disease, spreading it like a wildfire through the galaxy. :3 Once the Dragons figure out what happened, they turn the tables on Edanith, claiming that it was they who brought the disease from Mars.

In the end, though, it's the pirates who are blamed- a nice bonus for both empires, considering that the pirates are already considered to be nothing more than scum, eh?

*Shrug*

Edit: Ooh, or there's abundant opportunities of gray in this one...

Have the parasite begin as something that was beneficial- a microorganism that originally helped the soil of the Earth and Mars flourish with abundant life by bringing up nitrogen and other deposits that were lost long ago. The organism, designed to fertilize the soil and help plants flourish into more plentiful food sources, seems completely safe- it gives off no harsh byproducts, is safe to the touch, and is ingestible. It even thrived in Teinar's poisonous soil, increasing its appeal.

As scientists began to try to find ways to increase the effectiveness of the microbe, they inadvertently taught the organisms to seek out any form of dead organic matter and break it down into particles that plants could more easily digest. While botanists considered this to be a blessing, farmers began to realize that, when thrown into the air, the parasites began to attack the lungs when they were breathed in. A disease not unlike tuberculosis sets in, rendering them contagious.

Unlike tuberculosis, however, the infection spreads to the blood, targeting cells in the brain and other nerve bundles throughout the body. Those infected by such parasites find themselves as being utterly mindless, completely losing one's sense of self and becoming only an autonomous unit.

...But, even if they found out what was doing it, would anyone be able to really blame scientists for what they thought was going to help society?

*Shrug*

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:07 am »
You're trying to get our characters shot, aren't you Kurai. >_>

Hmmm, I personally favor what Rhi-Rhi said, with the swarming attack on Aedolis, and then the work of Gospels in the back ground. But if you're going to summon zombies and the dead, I can always see the necromancing members of TRIM surging to the scene, using their skills to increase their profits and powers by controlling the new subjects, and it would be like TRIM to turn their crisis into their profit...

*sigh* I love campaigns with the undead, if it's in the right form. Never trust a cleric that keeps a vampire for an aide.

Ahem, moving off the that dice-rolling memory, while I have a pilot, and I don't want to see the network get infected, it would make a brilliant attack on Aedolis especially, as both the Military heads of the country AND the largest resistance faction are both thrown into complete pandemonium. And then, what choice to the complacent citizens have, but to face the existance beyond their walls that they've been so shielded from?

Of course, on Edanith, even if the mages aren't affected, what can the leaders do when their beloved mordecai turn on them, mindlessly forcing the mages against their masters-

Ooo, let's put them on the space stations. Where power is suddenly gauged by by your access to a ship and your skill with magic or a weapon.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 02:56:46 pm »
I would personally *love* to have the zombie plague ideer. hehe. I always have fun times it seems when I get to play slihgtly-advanced zombies. wheeeee =D

What *I* would do, and others can join in with, is basically this:
Mainly being a responce to Kurai's edited part of the post, the parasite, with mortal beings (even those with extended life cycles/longlivety -- they would just be forced with suffering from the TB-like symptoms for longer than normal human lifespans) does what was stated... however, it begins to hit the immortal. Here's where my traditional zomvamp charries come in... hehe. I love these guys.
Basically, they're stuck in this state of having the occasional symptoms of the disease, due to their flesh being neither living nor dead (or at least in the way I see vampires), it's just immortal. They have descent self-healing powers, since they are in fact immortal. This confuses the virus. Perhaps in the long run it could mutate to take over immortals or just leave them in this state of sudden zombie-like urges spurred on by the vampire's lust for blood (instead of just having humans bleed for them, they find themselves suddenly consuming the human's flesh, if we're going that route of zombie). They'd be with their lover and be in an excited state where their blood begins to rush, thus causing the blood-travelling parasite to bring out the zombie side in them, and suddenly they notice the hicky they were giving is now a rather interesting place of missing flesh...
Basically, the idea of a zombie+immortal is they're in a battle between fighting both urges. And, if somehow there is a way to control the parasite in them (if magic or some technology is involved), they would be utterly confused when they're having the urge to go attack some city they could care less about or the like.
Just some thoughts... if at all possible I will be implementing a character based around these lines, but I'm sure you all could have fun with your own spin on this as well.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:55 am »
Reviving the thread!

Anyway, Pipra, I think that idea would definitely work! And I think that'd be fascinating and utterly...>:3 evil. I love it. And I'd love to see that play out! I'd be tempted to join a vampire just to be evil, ahahah!

Anyway...hmm...so many plot ideas. o.o I think I like Xxerth's idea of the alien rebel leader wanting a weapon and contracting TRIM for it and stuff. I think once the virus is actually released, all the other plot ideas can fall into place and we can probably just see how it turns out from there! Of course, there will need to be a resolution eventually, but I think at this point on the site...we just need to get the plot going, otherwise there will be a lot of talking without the plot ever actually happening. xD

So I think what I'll do very soon is just make a post in the current events forum stating that the virus has been released, and choose an area that is affected first by it, and Xxerth can handle the politics and whatnot! After that...I leave it to the players to go from there. >:3 Spread the virus to other areas and people and let the chaos begin. Once the virus starts spreading, I'm sure a ton of other plots will pop up and fall into place, and we can always refer back to this thread to post new ideas and developments to help the plot along, and to work on other sub-plots of this plot (like if a big ol' battle breaks out as a result! Muahahah!).

But right now, I think the important thing is just getting it started. Whatcha think? Yea, nay?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:32 am »
Aye aye ma'am. *Sigh* I'm gonna get zombified.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal