Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Site-wide plots!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Site-wide plots!
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:30:07 pm »
I have decided that we probably need one or two. :3 And on RotE, it can be easy enough to implement one! There are already some plans in the future for a big plot involving TRIM, but in order for that to work we need more scientists/doctors and mage/psychic subjects! A lot more. So that won't be happening for a while. ^_^

Anyway! Back to the subject of big plots. Some possibilities to get things rollin' are:

Uno
An attack on Teinar or one of the outposts by beasts/mutants. Yay seiges! Especially by icky beasts. It would be a plot that would deal a lot with not only the fighting and whatnot, but with pure survival (survival horror genre? >:3], especially if Teinarians were taken off guard, lost equipment, and had to deal with the elements which, as we all know, are in and of themselves nasty because the air is toxic.

Dos
Teinar and the Cancer coordinate with the Gospels to get some people out of Aedolis. It could be fun and tricky, because everyone would have to be very sneaky. >:3 And there would be combat and espionage to appeal to all sorts of players, depending on your preference. It would be a more subtle plot, though, I imagine, and would probably focus heavily on politics and sneakiness. Which is always fun!

Tres
An attack on the Cancer or Libra, either by a new force or by, say, Aedolis or Edanith. Good ol' combat, spacecraft dogfights a-la Star Wars, you know the drill! Gotta defend the home-base!

Anyway! These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there, there are many more of course, feel free to suggest some or expand upon mine. ^_^ I've been observing and noticed a lot of people are joining more independent characters than characters that live in a specific country, and I'd really like to see all the locations interacting more with one another. The game really sets it up so that the interaction between areas is a big focus, so I think we should begin! I'd also love to see more characters that do live in specific countries/colonies. The Cancer is the most popular location thus far, so it's time to branch out a little! ^_~

All just suggestions, of course! Throwing out ideas and all that. What does everyone think?

And of course, for any of these ideas to really work well, we will need more characters from specific areas. Pilots, Mordecai, all that fun stuff! 8D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:21:50 pm »
This may sound silly, but what about an intergalactic plague? Thanatos Inc. could start working on some sort of deadly bioagent, bioagent escapes lab and then starts to wreak havoc on all of humanity. Maybe I'm just a really weird person, but I think that would be fun. The bioagent could have zombie side effects! ^_^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:37:18 pm »
Ohhhh, no, I actually like that idea! *___*

I'm big on plagues and diseases and outbreaks. >_> I think they're so fun to RP. And I think an intergalactic one with zombie side-effec ts would be awesome! It appeals to the side of me that is scared to death of zombies, and yet loves Resident Evil all the same! xDD

And having TRIM release it...that sounds perfect. I like it! *___*

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:22:02 am »
Could always do something with some dark cult and such like that, or could always just do alien invasion.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 01:10:46 am »
Oh Shizzy loves zombie plagues! Spice it up and take a note from Resident Evil 3, use parasites that make the hosts into the walking dead. Say it's an invasion of a new race who sends the little parasites first to wreak havoc and then mop up the mess later (Yeah, sounds also like either the Zerg from Starcraft or the Go'auld from Stargate SG-1! You choose xD)

I personally love parasites and sciency things, and if you know me well, my hate for the Walking Dead knows no bounds. That's right, I'm a Zombist!

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 01:16:48 am »
I'm up for any plots that deal with TRIM, and I'll donate Sephnia to the cause.
We could always combine the two. Say TRIM is working with some crazy Resident Evil/Zerg/generally scary aliens to secretly test some kind of plague or disease, without telling any of the kingdoms, of course. Something to work with, mwahaha.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 04:58:49 am »
Heh...I could always donate my three mutant cyborgs to the cause. They'll probably be residing in Aedoils (reason being, their hidden shrine is located in what used to be Connlaoth--now called Edanith--and Aedolis drove the city out to Mars...have I got the history right? I'll edit it if I don't). Plus, since their god was just revived, he'll be demanding a lot of sacrifices to make a vessel for his essence. They could use that plague to their advantage, since those zombie-esque people would be perfect for either sacrifices or adding to their ranks through the same method my three elites were created (though the zombies would be just minor-ranked, nowhere near as powerful as the three). That could be hidden at first, but it would gradually reveal itself.

That's just my grasp on it, though.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 05:43:43 am »
What about just some ghost pirate robots?

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 06:27:13 am »
i reckon combining the massive plaugey idea with the other elements proposed would make for an ownage massive rp that can incorpoarate everyone, space fighting mutant plauge ridden mutant ghost robot ninja, sounds fun

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 04:05:19 pm »
Ghost pirate robots? That's just too far. Robots can't be spirits, just like there's no such thing as an Orphanarium! Hee...Futurama. Ahem. Still, we'll should start small, with one plot at a time instead of just making some super huge plot that encompasses fourteen things. Trust me, it'll get hectic if we do.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 04:14:19 pm »
no i clearly said ghost robot ninja as in the spirits of machine enhancec ninja. of course we can;t do ghost robot pirates thats crazy but ghost robot ninja are a whole class different :D

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 04:45:14 pm »
So you want...Robot Ninjas or Cyborg Ninjas? This ain't some ghost in the shell here! This is RotE! That's...um....Remnants of the Earth! Not...um...Remnants of Anime!

What was Ghost in the Shell really about anyways?

Actually, don't tell me, I don't want to know >_>

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 07:42:52 pm »
If you can't figure out what Ghost in the Shell was about never try watching Lain.  Your puny mind would melt!

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 07:46:33 pm »
Ghost in the Shell is very hard to understand unless you start from the beginning.  One of the many faults to it...and that it was too confusing for me but...no one is asking but.  Why not just cyborg ninjas?  Robot ninjas would be boring...*siigh* ........at least to me.  XD

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 08:00:04 pm »
The whole parasitic virus thing sounds a lot like Tyranids from warhammer, which in themselfves are stolen from the Zerg. Basically, for any that dont know, they rain down spores on a planet to gather raw materials, specifically food, for the larger aliens to spawn. We could do something similar, have it start out as a parisite invasion that then developed into small conflicts with the larger organisms, seiges and the such.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 08:08:35 pm »
Quote from: "Chocotastic"
The whole parasitic virus thing sounds a lot like Tyranids from warhammer, which in themselfves are stolen from the Zerg.

I thought Warhammer pre-existed Starcraft.  In fact, someone could claim that the idea of the Zerg was stolen from the Aliens movie and that the Protoss are taken from the Predators.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 04:47:38 pm »
Awesomesauce! *___*

Parasites, zombies, plagues...I love 'em all too! And dude. This plague idea could indeed easily encompass all the other plot ideas (of course it would start out small, but I could see the whole thing snowballing over time and sprouting into a bunch of plots as the plague spreads to other areas). So TRIM is working with aliens to test the disease/paraitic thingy, it breaks out, and...well. The plague could of course reach far and wide and I imagine if, say, Teinar's beasties/mutants get infected, that would be even worse for them. >_> And I wonder if a Pilot's Dragon could get infected. o.o And of course AOC's characters could benefit from it, and I'm sure there would be other less savory characters who might also want to take advantage of areas weakened by the plague, pirates and whatnot. :3

Muahahaha. I love it.

Did we wanna go with the plague/parasites turning people into zombies idea? Or the spore idea? Or both? xD

Well, Xxerth! Awesome that we got your support as the one playing the Director of TRIM! <3 So now, where to begin? Is Sephnia going to be the one in charge of releasing it?

Anonymous

<
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 10:44:45 am »
I'd love to make Sephnia the perpetrator. I think that'd be pretty fun, especially when she'd eventually have to come up with some 'bright' ideas to try and get it under control. Of course, any additional help (other scientists, somebody bumping into her when she's carrying a vial of the stuff, aliens that are helping TRIM with the plague, whatever) is always welcome and loads of fun.
Of course, now we just gotta figure out what it is exactly that we want to do.
The Zombie Plague idea is pretty popular and its got my vote. It'd also be cool if alien powers were involved somehow. Thoughts?

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 06:17:38 pm »
I think someone should stop writing in red.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 06:54:19 pm »
I think someone should stop being an annoying little bastard, but you always are aren't you? So, that means Xxerth will continue to use red.

Case closed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal