Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Karaoke Night (open)  (Read 927 times)

Anonymous

Karaoke Night (open)
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:17:36 pm »
The Drinkin' Hole wasn't quite open yet, though there were people waiting outside of it's door to be let in. They would just have to wait, Colt wasn't finished getting the place set up for karaoke night. The Drinkin' Hole was one of the bars on the huge space station and Colt Masterson was the lucky man who owned it. He loved his job though, entertaining people, giving them a place to relax after a long days work and the people loved coming there. Or at least that's what he assumed by how many people he had coming in every evening.

The bar was very nice, not fancy, but nice. It had a very rustic feel about it, with beautiful wooden tables and chairs and lovely hanging lamps. Colt finally finished moving the stage the way he wanted it and got all the equipment set up for karaoke night. "There, perfect." He said more to himself. Then he turned all the lights and the radio on, for now, and went to unlock the door. A small group of people was ready for the door to come open. "Good evening ladies and gents. Please come on in. It's karaoke night, so if any of you are feeling up to it the machine is right on stage for your pleasure." He welcomed his guest. After making sure they were all in, he stepped up behind the bar and started taking drink orders.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Karaoke Night (open)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »
Vedrit, after having his "housing" worked out with station officials, and his ship docked, decided for a stroll. He hadnt been on the station very long, but it had been a long time since his last real visit. Some had changed since he remembered. A new bar here, a new shop there, renovations in a few places. It felt kinda nice to be in the only place outside his ship he called home, and even better to see it relatively unchanged.

Hands tucked into his pants, the sound of loud music, cheering, and occasional bad singing caught Vedrits attention. A bar offering karaoke. It seemed a bit strange to him. Connecting to the VirCom, and doing some searches, he found this place to be a rising "hit joint"
A bit curious, but without any intention on singing, Vedrit strolled into busy bar. Sure enough, someone was on stage, singing to what was probably one of thier favorite songs.
Sitting at the bar, he watched. Being no particular singer, Vedrit wondered what the big draw was of making a fool of yourself on stage to a bunch of people. Sure, it was entertaining, but still. He wouldnt be caught dead up there.

Looking around the bar, Vedrit had to note the taste. Rustic without feeling run-down, though hanging lamps, in Vedrits opinion, were a touchy subject. But hey, he was no interior decorator.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:56 am »
She didn't drink. She smoked, she cussed, and occasionally had some fun in bar brawls, but she didn't drink. One might ask then, why she would be in a bar, black boots propped up on a table and her chair leaned back, not even a glass of water to quench her thirst. She hadn't been waiting around outside for the place to open, she simply had been walking back to the warehouse basement she lived in in the residential block. It was a lonely night tonight, there had to be someone to catch her fancy, right?

It wasn't even a place to scout perspective clients- these were the citizens who were here because they were born and raised here, or ran here to escape whatever personal hell chased them from their home planets. It wasn't like the bars on Cancer, where in the basements she traded scrap metal shipping parts for antique bullet casings from salvage crews. Hell, Cancer had some real bars, made and run by the oh-so-rebellious "space pirates."

Still, she couldn't say it was a horrible place. It was tacky and old-home, to be sure, and a little too clean to be really exciting, but so far no one had shoved a "no-smoking" sign in her face... or maybe they weren't tough enough to make it through the perpetual fog of smoke-rings she blew. Once upon a time, it wasn't thought you could smoke in space. Angel would've packed up and snuck into Haviah, if that were true. Fun stuff, in that place- so many rules to be broken, yet a strange air that made one not want to really break them...

She brushed long layers of pink bang up and away from her face, a few strands inevitably falling back but the rest settling in back swept layers and blending in with the rest of her hair. She was wearing sunglasses indoors, but she at least liked to think that sunglasses were obsolete in this day-and-age anyway, so it couldn't be any more unfashionable than someone wearing them anywhere in the space stations. If anyone wanted to tell her otherwise, they were welcome to, at their own risk of course.

She was quickly giving up on finding any male companion worth talking to, let alone throwing herself at for evening entertainment.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:31:54 pm »
Colt was busy behind the bar serving out drinks as fast as possible. Two of his servers had finally showed up for their shifts. That was good at least, now he had help to keep the place held down. Karaoke night seemed to generate the most customers and therefore he had more workers on hand to help him. The other two workers made their way in and he nodded at them as they clocked in and got to work. With four people to run the bar, he was free to hang back and do what he liked to do best, talk to his customers.

There was a singer on stage trying their best to sing their favorite song and failing at it. They were having a good time and everyone was cheering them on. Colt walked around from the back of the bar and looked around the room. He always kept his eyes out for anyone that might cause trouble, but he didn't see any of those types as of now. He passed by one man who had his hands in his pockets and seemed to be staring at the stage with a curious expression. "Good evening friend. Let me know if I can get anything for you." He said kindly.

Then he noticed a woman with pink bangs and sun glasses on. Something about her caught his attention, so he wondered over to her. "Evenin' ma'am. Is there anything I can get you to drink?"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:04:18 pm »
Vedrit turned to face the man who must be the owner, or atleast the manager.
"Im good, thanks." he said, and watched as the man walk off towards a woman that was, in Vedrits opinion, pecularly dressed. Sunglasses had been fased out by various techs and implants. Though, Vedrit thought, there were a good number of people who didnt like to use implants. Sunglasses aside, her pink hair was still quite...flashy.
He was begining to remember why he spent so much time in either his ship or the dock. There were too many people that did odd things, and tried to stand out.
"Just a difference in preferences." he mumbled, returning his gaze to the stage, trying not to listen too hard to the singing.

With a distracted sigh, Vedrit turned to the rest of the bar, wondering is he should have something to eat. He couldnt remember eating anything since docking, and could feel more than hear, for obvious reasons, his stomach growl

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:08:17 pm »
M'aam? Ick, that makes me sound so... old...

Angel pushed her sunglasses up, settling them across her head as a makeshift headband. Bright vermilion eyes stared back at the man who had just asked her about drinks. She shook her head, her mane of shocking pink hair moving with her of it's own accord.

"Just waiting for someone." Brief and to the point as per usual- lie and all. Or perhaps it wasn't a lie at all. She took stock of the man in front of her: employee- wait, was he the owner? Maybe? But just because he unlocked the doors didn't mean he was the owner-, a little on the scrawny side? Just as well, because his tone of voice annoyed her. She took a long drag on her cigarette, exhaling the smoke nice and slow while easing her chair back upright on the floor and putting her feet on the ground instead of on the edge of the table. When she leaned forward with her elbows on the table, cigarette perched expertly in one hand, she had a great line of cleavage that battled for attention with her drowning red eyes and even her bright hair.

She sighed and pursed her lips together, not caring at all if her behavior was interpreted as rude. Because it more than likely was, and she liked it that way.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »
One of the women employees walked up to the man at the bar. "Can I get ya something to drink, hun? Looks like you could use something if I may be so bold." She was a younger woman with black hair and gold eyes. She smiled at the man as she wiped the bar off in front of him.

Colt eyed this woman closely. She was an unusual one he could tell. Of course that was what made her so interesting. It was as if she demanded attention and spurned it away at the same time. This was not a woman to deal with lightly, he could tell. "I'm sorry to disturb you then. Please let me know if I can get you anything. The name's Colt." He said, giving her a smile and a wink. Then he walked back to the bar to take care of other customers.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 11:02:53 pm »
Vedrit was never much of a drinker. There were certain aspects of his life that required a clear mind and firm concentration.
"Just water." he said before turning around again, just as the pink haird woman leaned forward, red eyes and cleavage and all.
'Jeeze, does this lady get any wierder?' Vedrit thought to himself, but, despite his thoughts, couldnt look away, though he did manage to look away from the womans cleavage. He wasnt that kind of guy.
Kicking himself in the leg, he managed to get his focus off the flashy woman, though everything else seemed boring and drawl in comparison, though whether it was good or not was debatable.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 11:09:37 pm »
( >< I had a post all made up and purdy-like, but then it got erased when I got logged out randomly. Rawr. Crap-post might be crap as a result)

Ansirus stared up from his drink at the woman across the room. Not at her cleavage(impressive though it might be), but towards the handgun holstered on her hip. He kept trying to get a good look at it and determine a brand or model, but no matter how he tilted his body or head he couldn't get a good look. He stood up, walked over to the bar, and waved over the man behind the counter.

"Excuse me, but do you know what that woman over there ordered?" He nodded in the woman's direction. When he heard that she hadn't ordered anything, two thoughts about why went through his head. One, she might not be thirsty. Or two, she might not drink alcohol. Ansirus decided that the second one was more likely, and ordered a non-alcoholic drink for her. When it was ready, he picked it up and brought it over to her table.

Ansirus stuck out his foot and pulled out a chair at the woman's table, and plopped down into it. He slid the woman's drink across the table to her, and took a sip from his also-non-alcoholic drink. He had a slight smile on his face. "So, what's your name miss?"  He saw the woman about to light another cigarette, and raised his hand. "Please, allow me.", he said in a soft voice, trying not to attract attention from the other bar patrons.

He looked around to see if anyone was watching, and when he saw that no one was, he extended his index finger towards the tip of the cigarette, and moved his hand until his finger was almost touching the tobacco. Then he focused a little(although such an act was probably unseen by most others), and a small flame appeared at the tip of his finger, roughly the size of a lighter flame. He lit the cigarette, and waved his hand like a match to put the flame out. He then sat back in his chair, instead of leaning over the table.

"So," he said, with a slight nod towards her hips. "What kind of heat are ya packin'?"

Ansirus reclined in his chair, tilting it onto the back two legs and balancing there. He smirked. "Come on; I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

(First RP post yay! 8D)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:59:30 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 10:31:21 am »
Angel blinked. Well, her cigarette was lit now, at least. She took a long drag, staring suspiciously at the drink the stranger had just thrown at her. She wasn't phased in the least over a bit of magic- there were stranger things out in the world. She brushed a wave of hair behind her shoulder, before cross-drawing her weapon from her thigh holster.
"You can call me Angel."

With one hand and a quick movement, the clip slid out to lay on the table, and the gun next to it.

"Antique." She took another draw on her cig, balancing it in her hand as she used both hands to slide the clip back into place, the locking mechanism giving a satisfying "click."

"9 mm single-action. It was a rare find; hard to find ammunition for it these days, and it doesn't dent anyone properly armored, but it's cozy."

This was something she could talk about- she adored her weapon collection. In comparison to how she had treated every other patron who had attempted half hearted conversation, it was apocalyptic. Perhaps it was due to the thought of a prospective client- she was always in the mood to make more money.

(If I weren't super tired right now, this post would be better. x_x Forgive me, XD)

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 09:14:29 pm »
((Jeeze....Do I not exist?))

Vedrit was a little miffed at the sudden intrusion, and then the sudden change of complete attention.
Getting up, without the water, Vedrit took one last look around the bar, the singing in the backround. He knew when it was time to make like a super-charged ion engine and get the heck out of there. Beside, the woman wasnt his type, and smoking was a definite space-getter.

However, Vedrit didnt have anywhere else to go, so decided he would just pick a different seating location, or standing location, as people were still coming in.

(Sorry for skiping you Cleoni)

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
"Ah, Angel...", Ansirus said, while desperately fighting the urge to ask how much it hurts to fall from heaven, even if it was just as a joke, rather than actual flirting.

Ansirus took a sip from his cup. "That's a nice name. My name is Ansirus Avengart the MCCCXXXVII.", he said with a slight bow from his tilted chair, as if he was someone regal enough to bow in the first place. "Oh, and don't worry about that drink; it's nonalcoholic. What's the fun in talking to a woman, when the alcohol's doin' all the work, ya know?"

As the gun and clip were laid down on the table, a quick look was all it took to identify the handgun as a ballistic weapon. Ansirus smiled. His favorite kind.

"Yeah, that is an antique, to be sure. 9 mm, you say? What's that equal, around .354 caliber? That's nice, definitely. But I think I might be able to do you one better."

Ansirus re-balanced his chair, reached down to his right hip, and pulled out his gun.

The thing was a behemoth, big enough to snap someone's wrist with recoil alone, if they weren't prepared. "This, my friend, is the Medusa. My pride and joy." He flipped the switch on the side, and the clip came out. He was tempted to let it just fall on the table, but the weight might break the thing. I can't afford a new table...

"This baby's Edani-made, by Cannith Corporation. Damn good, too. Fires .75 caliber rounds at ridiculous speeds, pretty much guaran-damn-teed to take out just about whatever you aim it at. Seems like overkill, at first, but when you get into my business, where people in cloaks and goddamned wizard hats can heal wounds as fast as they're delivered, and orcs can charge my ass like a rhino, I might only get one shot. I gotta make it count, ya know?"

Ansirus chuckled a little. "I'm sure you know that this gun uses custom ammunition. Where else could I find some, ya know?" He swished the ice cubes in his glass around, trying to look suave. "Maybe we could work out a deal, where I can make some ammo for you? 9 mm ammo would be a lot easier to make than .75 caliber, and since I already make my own, I've got the materials. Dear old dad was a gunsmith, and he passed his equipment and knowledge down to me when he retired." Ansirus leaned on the table, so he could make easier eye contact with Angel. "I might even be able to make some special rounds for you, for those guys in armor. Maybe we could work out some kind of deal? There's always supplies needed on a ship, ya know, and I happen to own one in particular need of some repairs."

It was refreshing to find someone who shared his interest in ballistic firearms. Who knows, maybe I might be able to make a new contact? I could always use replacement parts for various things....

((I'm sorry Vedrit! *flail* I didn't mean to ignore you!

Also, try and find all the easter eggs in this post! I think there's around two, but most people probably won't get them.))

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:02 pm »
((Vedrit... There wasn't any contact going on between our characters, you aren't being ignored- Angel isn't going to play stare-down-across the-room, she could care less what she's being thought of.))

"Ansirus... the... 1337? How much did you pay for that little title addition?" Angel still didn't touch the drink placed in front of her. It was extremely stupid to drink anything not mixed right in front of you- extremely stupid. It was another long exhale of her cigarette as the man next to her showed off his personal compensation, a hulking beast of a gun that she had to admit was impressive.

She let her cig balance off her lip, using both hands to lift the clip from the table. It was mighty heavy... Angel herself couldn't stand using bulkier weapons, anything that needed to be held up with both hands due to sheer weight was out of the question. "It can't be possible to efficiently change the magazine. Are you saying you simply never need to reload in combat, regardless of circumstance?" Her scarlet eyes were only for the equipment laid out on the table- regardless of what Ansirus himself was or could be doing to try to man himself up for her attentions.

She laid the clip down, making a one handed motion for him to hand over the gun itself to her. She wanted to feel its actual... substance: the cold hard reality that was guns, that no matter what technological mumbo-jumbo advancements came up, would never change.

"Do you have a single? I want to see the workmanship on your raw ammunition." She flipped her hair behind her shoulders again with a quick wave of her head. It was surprising that she wasn't sitting on her hair, as long as it was, but she was so used to it being there that it didn't seem a trifle to her at all. She gave a quick look around the bar, her eyes shifting in every direction, before leaning down and reaching into her impressively threatening left boot.

"Antiques. I enjoy them." Angel pulled out a snub-nose revolver about the size of her hand, and she hit the hammer with her thumb and spun the barrel.
"I had to repair the springs in this one, but it's an obscenely old design. It's impossible to know how to chalk it up to it's original form, but with the right equipment it can pack a decent short range punch. It heats up really quick if you try to really use it for anything more than novelty, though. It's still a fun toy." She laid this one out on the table as well- as dwarfed as it was by what was already taking up the polished surface... but hell, her own hands were dwarfed by the machine taking up table space.

"I have a junk shop on Cancer. Recycling center, if you will." She emphasized the words "recycling center"- cute terminology to let one know that her activities went behind the backs of authorities. She dragged in heaps of scrap from every area charted in the galaxy.
"I can trade custom work for anything you might find in my collection of interest, but I have no interest in any ammunition except for what I excavate myself."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »
Ansirus showed a look of mock surprise at Angel's accusation of him paying for his title. "I didn't pay for that! I've got relatives going way far back. At least, I think I do....even if I don't, it's something nice to pull out in official negotiations. I think I have a form somewhere, saying that that's my actual name....oh well."

After seeing that Angel was still avoiding the drink he got her, he decided that he would just call for another drink to be brought over; one she would trust wasn't part of some evil scheme. I can't really blame her for being careful. There's a lot of weird people out there...

He watched as Angel examined all of the aspects of the Medusa, and could see at least some admiration in her eyes. "Yeah, the rounds for that thing are pretty expensive to make, so I don't really use it all the time. But when I need to take something down in one shot, or I need some intimidation factor added in? There's nothing better." Ansirus saw Angel feel the weight of the gun, smiled, and showed off a little of his arm muscle to emphasize his next point. "Yeah, it's a little bulky, but I've got the muscle to fire it one-handed, for at least a little while. But, as is to be expected, I'm more accurate when I use two hands. And changing the magazine isn't so bad, either. It holds six rounds, which is usually enough to finish whatever I'm shooting at, but I usually carry around a few more mags with me.

Ansirus nodded, and reached into the pocket of his coat, and pulled out a clip for the Medusa. He popped out the bullet on the top, and handed it to her to examine. A smile then crept across his lips, as he looked at the revolver in Angel's hand. "That's nice; definately easy to hide. I think I might actually have a friend who would be interested in that, but he uses more...'modern' weapons. Plasma-based, and the like. 'More quiet', he says. Personally, I wouldn't use something that can't get the job done quick, but I do own some more...'orthodox' weapons. Although, there is one that is even more strange than the Medusa..."

With a quick hand motion, Ansirus drew, from the holster opposite the Medusa, another weapon. He set it down on the table. "Now, this, is my greatest creation." The object was shaped like a handgun, but with a longer, wider barrel, with a large hole going through it. It was brown metal, with various bits of chrome on it, and vents towards the back. "This is a Caster Gun, and it's got a rather unique job." I love getting to explain this...and who knows, we might go into business together. It doesn't hurt to tell a few facts about myself., Ansirus thought.

"See, one thing that you have probably noticed, is that I have some magical ability. However, one thing that you probably haven't noticed is that I can't control it that well. So, this," he pointed to the Caster Gun, "allows me to focus my spells into actually useful effects. I take a spell, and put it in one of these." He pulled out a small brass object.

It was a cylinder, but it had a large circular base. He handed the shell to Angel to inspect. "That one right there houses a fire spell. Shoots a ball of fire roughly....sixty feet? A pretty good distance, I would think. I might be able to make one that goes farther, but it's a bigger hassle to make."

Ansirus gave a small laugh at the 'recycling center'. One in his line of work quickly understood what those words secretly meant. "Well, it's always difficult to find parts, both for my ship, and my guns, magical or otherwise. Anything you might be interested in buying, selling, or trading? My crew and I don't have any jobs at the moment, so we're up for anything, as long as it pays in some way."

((Has sneaking suspicion crap-post is crap. *hopes that, with more posts, crap-posts will be less crap* ))

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12:41 pm »
((Your posts are NOT crap, Brammy. XD))

"Pfff... no one knows their lineage anymore, so who really cares anyway..." She snatched up the bullet, folding her hands around it like a crafter working with clay. She didn't even notice anything about drinks being on the table at this point- it was business. She handed it back after a few minutes, rubbing her fingertips together to dissolve oil residue.

"Well, I suppose I wouldn't ever want to arm wrestle you, but I can hold my own pretty well- and I'd get tired after one shot with that thing. And I suppose the recoil could knock out a buffalo." Angel ran a hand through her hair, leaning one elbow on the table. A long drag burnt out the last of her cigarette, and she had half a thought to grind the butt against the nice polished table... so she blew out a tendril of blue smoke, and dropped the ashes to the floor, grinding them out with her boot heel.  She frowned slightly as Ansirus started in about his magick mumbo jumbo, something she had no interest in in the slightest. Sure she had a bit of sensitivity about her, but she had no use for sparkling lights and plasma.

Her eyebrows knit together at the "Castor."
"You're beyond my dealings now, sir. I don't have any interest in weaponry beyond the 'ancient' practices." She leaned forward now, chin in her hands and both elbows on the table.

"You and your crew- how about we set up a deal? I'll give you free reign of the junk parts that I've collected, if you in turn excavate and return to me any firearms from beyond the space stations. There're entire worlds out there you know, and I don't have any desire to travel beyond what I've set up out here. I also can't extend my dealings to Edanith or Aedolis, but if you can find a way to get a trade route, than we're in business."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal