Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Drinkin' 'till the night's gone. (Paradox members/open)  (Read 528 times)

shinigamikitsune

Drinkin' 'till the night's gone. (Paradox members/open)
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:50:53 pm »
It had been a few weeks since the bar fire, and the first time that Smash had felt like leaving the citidel. Though it really wasn't for the best of reasons. He still didn't feel social, nor did he have any motivation for his music. It died when Jas and Tao died. Tonight his sole intention was to drink himself stupid. As a curtesy, he'd left a message on the pilot forum to see if any wanted to go out drinking. He didn't really expect any of them to come out.

He'd managed to clean himself up, and slip into something that would be fit for clubbing, since there was no point in looking like a slob. He sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. He wasn't sure he was up for this, but he knew that he couldn't sit in this room anymore. Plus at least at the bar, there was no risk of running out of alcohol before he was drunk.

An hour later found him at a bar. He'd already had a couple shots, and was working on his second drink. Smash wasn't really paying much attention to the people around him in this place, just mostly staring at his half finished drink.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Drinkin' 'till the night's gone. (Paradox members/open)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 07:18:17 pm »
Kuro was a little nervous. He was always a little nervous before he preformed. And it was always a little hard at these small gigs, people weren't that into drummers. And while he sang as well, he didn't have the best voice. He was more about the drumming.

And looking rather like a freak didn't help much any either. Kuro's skin was a pale, almost bloodless white color and his hair was a bright white color as well. His eyes held most of the color on him, the left one had bright silver iris, with purple where the whites would be and a dark red pupil. If one looked closely there was a small white skull in the center of his pupil. The right one was more normal looking at first glance, until you realized it changed color depending on Kuro's mood and the season.

The weirdest thing by far about the pretty looking man were the two mismatched wings that came from his shoulder blades. One was a soft and beautiful feathered wing, delicate and snow white. The other one was a leathery bat wing, dark and unwholesome, a red tinted black color.

He was dressed in tight black and gray stripped pants, with some delicate chains hanging from them. A tight red shirt under an elaborate jacket covered in straps and some knee high leather boots finished the clothes. The jacket and shirt had been awkwardly modified in the back so there was a hole for his wings, some darts put in to help keep the shape of the clothes.

His pretty features were made up in elaborate makeup, a bit heaver then he would normally wear so that it showed up on stage. It was time. He was announced and the drummer moved with a sleek, elven grace to the stage. Despite his dark clothes and the bat wing, there was an odd sense of purity about him.

Taking a seat behind the drum set, Kuro introduced himself then started to play, his voice a little to pretty and high pitched for the songs he liked to play, but there wasn't much to be done about it. Someday he would find a band to play with.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:16:23 pm »
Smash wasn't paying all the much attention when the drummer got up on stage. Normally he would have been at least curious as to the sound this person could create, however his drive for music had died that night back in the fire. A frown came his face at the thought and he downed the last of his drink, flagging down one of the barmaids to bring him another one.

He settled back into his seat a bit more, tunning most everything out until his drink was brought. He shifted forward to pay the girl, once again bringing himself back to the here and now.

After she carried on her way, Smash's ears perked to the music coming from the drummer. It wasn't that bad, actually it was pretty damned good. He kicked himself for not noticing this sooner, and sat up so that he could listen and focus on it. The spark of music slowly starting to light up again within him.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:43:57 am »
Ragnor stretched out as he sat at the bar, only two seats from Smash Cat, the one between them vacant.  He'd been in a good mood for once, and had gone out for a drink, bringing his guitar with him.  He wore some normal clothing, not bothering to hide the sparkle caused by light hitting the microscopic crystals embedded in his skin.  He'd gotten a few odd looks, but no one seemed openly disturbed by the fact that the black-haired man at the bar was sparkly.  He was on his third drink, but he'd drank the first two so slowly that it was unlikely that he'd feel much until the next day anyhow.

When the drummer started playing, he began to finally pay attention to the music.  He wasn't bad, as far as drums went, but his voice... just didn't fit.  "Eh... and there's why most drummers don't sing..."  He commented to himself.  He kept listening, though, more than happy to listen to the drummer.  As he listened, his mental gears began to turn, breaking the music into the individual notes, trying to find a time signature, and other trivial things.  He always did this.

He turned back to his drink after a bit, still listening, though some people, obviously a little tipsy, were mentioning him in unflattering ways not too far away.  He kept himself calm, eventually screening them out.  Let them talk.  If they want to do something about it, then we have a problem. He thought, a fist lightly clenching, then relaxing as he controlled his emotions.  No need to explode here.  Not now, at least.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:38:53 pm »
After a few songs, Kuro's set was over and he got up, thanking the audience for their time and made sure to mention where they could find more of his music. He really need to find a band. Soloing with drums was just not what he wanted to be doing. And he didn't enjoy singing much. Not along with his drums anyway.

It took a few minutes to take his kit down and get it packed up in his car before he went back into the bar for a drink. He sat down at the bar, a little shy now that the thrill of the performance was over. And there was a rather good looking red headed man a few stools down that had been watching him a little intently toward the end.

Sipping his drink, Kuro started to doodle on a napkin, going over his performance in his head.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 06:08:13 pm »
By the end of the set he's long forgotten about his drink. His fingers finally starting to twitch that weird way they do when he hasn't played for a while. While Kuro was tearing down, he started glancing around the bar. His blood red ruby eyes settling on the man a couple seats away from him. He must have really been out of it to not notice another musician sit to close to him, and he idly wondered just ho good he was.

The spark of music was flowing again, and his mind was going over the rythmes and melodies he had pushed aside.

When Kuro came back inside, he hopped off his stool and moved over to the drummer. "I enjoyed your performance. Your style is exactly what I have been searching for." He offers a hand to the man. "My name's Smash Cat, and I'm..." a slightly pause before he continued. "Well I guess I am currently the only member left of Paradox...." How depressing was that......

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 11:29:28 pm »
There was a moment as Ragnor simply let the music sink in.  He had to admit, the drumming wasn't bad.  But then again, what would he know of drums?  He'd never played them.  Too noisy.  If he wanted to lose his hearing, he'd do it the good ol' fashioned way: turning his guitar amp up WAY too high.  Not that the threat of hearing loss affected him much.  It took a lot to harm his hearing, as he'd found out the last few times he'd gotten really, really angry.  But then again, he was always angry.  He just kept it hidden.

The person near him, though, the red-headed one... he seemed like he enjoyed it almost too much.  Who knew, maybe that was something that just made him feel better.  He couldn't help but overhear, since no one was going up at the moment.  Perhaps a break in the bands.  He prayed to some higher power that it wasn't going to be an open play night.  Gods, he'd heard playing during those that rivaled steel claws on a chalkboard, and that was usually on good nights.

But back to the overhearing.  Smash Cat... What an interesting name.  Nickname, perhaps?  Probably.  And part - the only one, too - of a band.  Paradox... He'd heard the name some time ago.  It didn't completely register with him, though.  This peeved him off, because he would now inevitably wake up in the middle of the night remembering whatever the heck it was.  And he'd forget what triggered it.  Which would keep him up again another night.

He shrugged.  He went back to his drink.  Not anything strong.  He didn't like getting drunk.  He was a VERY angry drunk.

He heard some of the unflattering comments again from nearby once more, and this time, he full out turned towards the group, giving them a stare which, if looks would kill, would have had the lot of them on the ground bleeding from a thousand stab wounds each.  There was a few moments of silence from the group before they changed the subject.  He growled, and turned back to his drink.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 11:55:07 pm »
Kuro glanced up from his drink, startled when he heard the voice. He smiled at the good looking black haired looking man, reaching up to brush a strand of pale hair from his strange eyes, flushing a little, "Ah. Thank you! You liked it? My voice isn't very good....but it always feels a little odd to just play drums."

The man's next comment got a small frown from him, "Oh. I'm...really sorry." He winced slightly. That was such a stupid thing to say. But he wasn't sure how else to respond.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 11:12:46 pm »
Smash just nodded a little at the implied condolences, not that he wasn't appreciative. Just that he really couldn't think too much on his deceased bandmates without falling into deep dispair oncec again.

"I'll admit that wasn't focusing on your singing voice all that much. Your drumming is what sparked my attention initially, and I must admit that I was impressed." He slipped onto the stool next to Kuro. His fingers still twitching, though he calmed them a bit with tapping them against his knees in a secret rythme. He cast a glancec towards Ragnor and his guitar, and wished like hell he had something to play at this moment. Then quickly turned his attention back to Kuro.

"Would you be at all interested in joining a band?"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »
Ragnor sighed softly to himself.  He was still trying to think and remember Paradox.  He knew that he knew at least something of them...  It just annoyed him now, and so he shoved the thoughts aside, keeping himself in check.  No point in losing his temper here.  Instead, he fascinated himself with his drink, which wasn't all that interesting anymore, probably because it was almost empty.  He let out a sigh before ordering another.  It was always good to get some relaxation time.  Finally, boredom overcame him, and he decided to go outside, where he could perhaps hear himself.  He brought his guitar with, and as he moved away, he paused, and sat, pulling out his guitar and playing.  He closed his eyes, and began to play a simple rhythm at first, before adding more flourishes to it.  He didn't perform on stages, well, not often at least.  However, he didn't mind performing out on the street.  He'd made a few bucks off it at times too, which was nice.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:29:10 pm »
"Yeah." Kuro nodded, pale skin slightly flushed at the praise, "I'm not much of a singer. I love drums though. And, to impress someone like you is really amazing." He glanced down at the table, feeling shy, his wings fluttering nervously.

The question got another nod from Kuro, "Oh yes. I've been trying to find a band, but I haven't had a lot of luck. So I do some solo stuff to get work, but, drums are hard to solo."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »
Smash caught Ragnor leaving out of the corner of his eye. He made a mental note to track the guy down once he had settled things here with Kuro. He just got the feeling that the guy might be another that would fit in with what he wanted for Paradox.

With his attention back to Kuro fully, he smiled to him. "I would love to have you as a member of Paradox, if you'd like. As I said, your style and sound is exactly what I have been searching for... I'd almost completely given up before tonight."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal