Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Playing with fire is fun! (KanKan and Draco!)  (Read 838 times)

Anonymous

Playing with fire is fun! (KanKan and Draco!)
« on: November 10, 2008, 01:38:52 am »
Thousands and thousands of flashing red lights met his sight as Void traveled across the cold emptiness of space.  Stars burned his sight and seared his vision for every second he couldn't recapture.  Sure, time-travel was a neat gift to have when it rendered one capable to cutting down the duration of tediously boring activities.  Like space travel for one.  But there was little the time-shifter could do about that problem but to endure results of some numb nut's experimental time machine.  It must have been thousands of years ago, but Void's time-shifting powers were never the same again.  He went from jumping to different years to always being on guard in case someone was itching to tear into the time stream and play with the events of history.  The past was a sacred thing and he didn't like it when there were trespassers to his territory.  Damn these mortal beings and there bloody machines!

As it was, Void seemingly forgot his other powers that had saved his hide countless times in his own esoteric past.  That was, forgot until he just about passed Mars.  "I knew I should've just teleported there," he muttered with scarcely concealed irritation.  Perhaps he was just too preoccupied with finding this new meddler and giving him his just deserts to.

Void, the personification of the empty coldness of space, cleared his head as best he could as he approached the planet Earth.  The once blue planet, however, was not his destination at the moment and instead he darted towards the great bestial terminals that were the Space Stations Libra and Cancer.  The one to his immediate right was the closest and therefore the one that he would search first.

It had been such a long time since this ash-gray skinned being had been to this planet.  He wasn’t all that familiar with the races of this planet called Earth and, though well aware of the history, he had a faint curiosity as to why humans and other creatures of similar being acted the way they did, with such inexplicable hostility toward one another and little regard for life.  He watched them destroy their planet and wage wars, kill without mercy, and attempt to salvage what had once been a beautiful place.  But those events were in the past. What mattered now was finding the one who found a way to hack into the Time Stream and destroying them before they tried spurred a cataclysmic change.

Stopping mid-motion, Void observed a star ship fly into the hanger bay of the space station nearest him.  He screwed his face in thought before he figured out an easier way of entrance.  Teleporting was a convenient way of avoiding those tedious check points that went with entering certain facilities.  There was no need for him to focus on his destination for it was so near that the only visualization needed was the one of him transporting inside.  He felt his material body begin to dissipate with the space about him, like drifting smoke, until he all but vanished.

In a flash, he materialized in a darkened room.  The walls were closed in around him and the smell was revolting.  Grimacing as he braced both of his large hands to the walls he felt his boot sink into a hole with clear water in it. Yanking it out quickly, his sight soon met bars of light on the bottoms of all four walls (save for the one to his rear), and there was no ceiling to top them.  His head swiveled left and right as the sound of women’s giddy laughter and chattering met his ears with a terrible harshness.  Suddenly it occurred to him that the smell, the watery hole, the bars of light and the lack of a ceiling on either of the four walls were proof enough that he was in a stall.  The cackle of a woman’s voice soon corrected that idea however.  And without further adieu, he knew where he had just teleported into.

A ladies’ restroom.

Void’s eyes bulged wide at the thought and a faint sense of panic was beginning to set in.  He’d never been in a women’s bathroom before and wasn’t gutter-brained enough to take a peek into the other stalls.  “Crap!” he whispered, trying to think of a method of escape that wouldn’t call for him to teleport again.  If he did, who knows where he’d end up?!  But hanging around wasn’t much of an option either.  “Damn.  How am I going to get out?  Aggh!  What are these women talking bout anyway?”  He didn’t have to strain his ears much to catch the conversation.

“But Marci, I was like ‘Ho, no you di’in’t!’ and she was all, ‘Oh yes, I did,’” the woman with the softer voice said.  Her companion was easily distinguishable with her own shrill articulations.

“Ahmigosh!  What did you do, Tor?”

“Well, I got her by the hair and I tossed her against the wall.  She couldn’t take more than ten or twenty shocks from my pulse emitter before she fell on the ground.”

“Really?  Man, I wish I coulda been there.”

“You shoulda been.  That’ll teach the slut to mess around with my man!”

“You said it, sis.”

“You know it.”

The conversation persisted from there, topics ranging from boy-crazy to menial things that made Void’s headache pound with incessant tenacity.  He couldn’t take it anymore!  He yanked opened the door and stepped out of the stall in hopes that he could stride past them unnoticed.  Unfortunately the one with the shrill voice paused to see him emerge and stared like a startled cat.  Anxiety and the need to retreat flooded his veins as he met eyes with the two ladies.  It wasn’t until the shrill-voiced lady shrieked, “Eww! Get out here, perv!” that he darted for the door to his far right.  The girl with the softer voice had her pulse emitter ready in hand and jabbed at him hard in the ribs as he dashed past.  The shock burst throughout his body causing him to bash into the door of a closed stall.  Yet he kept on running and burst out of the women’s room door.  However he was still in range enough to hear, “Yeah, you better run asshole!  That’ll teach you to peek at ladies!”

Void had neither the patience nor the mindset to say anything back and merely kept up pace.  It wasn’t until he reached a corner that he slowed to a trembling walk.  He kept one arm crossed over his waist wraps, bracing his ribcage tenderly and trying not to look like a weirdo as he strode into a nearby café.  As he entered, an automated voice greeted him with a much less vicious intonation, “Welcome to Cyberfé in Space Station Libra, Base Block. Enjoy your stay.”  Nigh breathless, he walked to a booth in a far corner in the back, ignoring the following eyes of every human and alien within the establishment.  Little did he know that it wasn’t every day that a male with ash-gray skin, bright purple hair, and magenta eyes, clad in a sleeveless black tunic with various metal buckles on it, a white sash-like waist wrap with the ends flowing behind him, slimming pants with the sides of the thigh section effectively cut off, revealing a nice hunk of muscle to look at on either leg, and black boots with white trim.  As a matter of fact, he would have been surprised if someone told him that he looked like he just survived an explosion for the ashen gray of his skin, surely would have conveyed such.

Catching his breath, Void leaned against the wall of the booth, trying hard not to glare at the others around him.  Just then he nearly leap from his skin as the sound of another automated voice grasped his attention, “May I take your order?”  A virtual screen appeared before his eyes with various meals and drinks splayed across it.  The projector must have been an older model since the image flickered and buzzed here and there.  “Please pick an item from the menu.”

It was rather obvious, even from afar, that Void wasn’t accustomed to the new technologies of the age.  Star ships and blaster pistols were one thing but this new automated ordering service was quite another.  “Damn machines,” he muttered under his breath as the tingling at his ribs slowly began to dissipate.

“I am sorry, sir.  But that item is not on the menu.  Please select an item from the menu, and then say ‘Complete’.”  He couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

[Gah!  It’s a lot longer than I initially intended it to be.  Oh well, it’s a start =D  Oh, yeah and here's a sprite to get an idea of what he's dressed like.]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Playing with fire is fun! (KanKan and Draco!)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:43 pm »
((Nowhere near as long as yours DX but! Yay! A reply?))

Even though it’d been over a few months, the colour purple still sent shivers up her spine. Mai was an odd looking creature, white blond hair, dark eyes, tanned skin. The soft leather of her boots tapped gently on the ground as she shifted to look at the strange man. Looking a little like a purple fire over the ashes of long ago burnt wood. From the looks of it, he was having trouble with the menu. While she was glad to be back on the space station, she was just as much a country bumpkin as she’d always been before.

Rubbing her left hand, the cloth wrapped around it to hide her missing pinky she quietly licked her lips and stood up taking slow steady steps towards the disgruntled traveller. At an average height, that would be the only thing normal for Mai. As she was a desert dweller, the womans ears were exceptionally long, pointing up above her head at least three to four inches. The hair was soft and looks more like feathers than actual hair, and a long brain trailed from the base of her neck to swing past her hips.

Gently clearing her throat, Mai brought her right hand to her mouth and licked her lips. “Are you... Okay? Sir?” No being too naive this time. The Lucidius did look to be a perfect pick up choice, because while it had been perfectly normal where she was from, Mai wore very little clothing. Being a few feet away from her it was obvious as to why, the womans body gave off large amounts of heat. Dressed in a simple outfit that left much of her sides exposed, but her arms covered with long frilly sleeves.

Mai looked around awkwardly, bending forward slightly to look at the man. A gentle smile was on her face and she rose her eyebrows before continuing. “You look.. Uh... Pale,” could he look pale? What did pale gray skin look like? “Do you need help getting anywhere? Are you lost?”  Here’s to trying to crawl out of her recent shell, she could only hope that it turned out for the best.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 05:42:44 pm »
Fired.

One day she had been serenely at her clipped-clean job, shuffling through computer files out of boredom, checking in people, making appointments, doing normal secretary stuff then... Hell, her boss didn't even bother seeing her in person. She had simply received the e-mail one morning, just before her shift that notified her that her services would no longer be required.

The day after she had received the eviction notice.

The next morning she had packed up her belongings in a big shoulder pack, left her place, and gone straight to the same people that had smuggled her in to smuggle her out again.

They were pretty nice about it, too. They hadn't taken all of her money, and had actually exchanged a bit of it for other currency, so she wouldn't starve right away.

And she'd decided to go where she had never gone before: Space, The Final Frontier.

And now she was hunched over a steaming cup of something she couldn't pronounce, looking like hell. She had  on a pair of baggy dark grey pants, boots that could get her halfway across Mars before giving out (not that she'd make it halfway across Mars, of course) and a black heavy jacket that almost covered over her hands it was so big on her. Bags of sleep-deprivation hung under her eyes, themselves shot with blood. Her blue hair hung limp without its usual shine, half-heartedly tied up in a ponytail to the side, long bangs obscuring her right eye and you know what? She wasn't looking around anyway. The only reason she had actually noticed the man with purple hair, and the woman was that they were between her and food. And she was hungry. Screw this cup of whatever, she wanted food.

She grumbled to herself and closed her eyes, hunching even more over her cup for its warmth. Unlike the heated woman, Ciercel came with very little inside heating and while she was okay with the cool, heat was more than welcome.

Jierra shifted in her mind, coiled up and feeling Ciercel's hold on her weaken. Right now, Ciercel didn't even care if Jierra took control, she just wanted to sleep... Jierra had slept enough. She could take this sleep-deprived body and show Ciercel how it was done. Jierra wasn't as soft and nice as the girl.

As Jierra woke up, a blue stripe faded into existence on both sides of her face, curving up over her cheeks. Other blue marks began to appear, but these were under her clothes, invisible. One blue eye opened and continued to watch the two by the menu.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:24:59 pm »
[Oh that's okay, Draccy.  I tend to be wordy when I start a thread.]

He needed time and space to recover from his first encounter with the beings indigenous to Earth; as well as time to relax the muscles at his side that had been zapped by he pulse emitter.  He doubted it did any serious damage but it never hurt to take precautions.  He continued to stare at the menu, fingering his tingling ribs, unsure of what he could do to make the flickering screen vanish from sight.  It wasn’t that he didn’t understand technology or its reason for being; he was wont to associate such inventions as the progression of a civilization as he had witnessed through the history of different worlds.  Yet advances always seemed to culminate in finding new ways to kill each other.  If beings were given such ingenuity, he couldn’t comprehend why they should exist  if all they did was destroy themselves.

But he knew there wasn’t any time to contemplate inexplicable prospects.  He had business to attend to, people to manipulate and justice to enact.  Perhaps he could find a database that would carry a list of machine’s somewhere?  He needed to get to know this world first before he went gallivanting about asking people about time-machines.  Luckily, he didn’t have to think too long before his thoughts were interrupted by a decidedly feminine voice.

Void was forced to take double-glance at the scantily clad being before him.  Quirking both eyebrows, he was sure he’d seen no stranger creature than this bunny-girl.  Or at least that was how she outwardly appeared.  She seemed to emit a warm aura that drifted off her like the sands of the planet Cycer, millions of light-years away from the docile climates of this space station.  And her attire!  What was this, a beach party—or what such gatherings were known as in millennia past?

Hm, maybe she can help me out, he thought quickly before answering.  Yet there was no need to feign a reaction of uncertainty for Void had a knack for social awkwardness when there were little or no motives involved in the conversation.  “Me, pale?  Not, not at all.  My skin is naturally this color.  I-uh… I got shocked.  My ribs hurt, but I’ll recover.”  He chose his words as carefully as possible; unsure of what to say to an alien he’d never seen before.  Sure, he’d lived for thousands of years but was no excuse to be familiar with every species of sentient beings in the universe.  And the thing about that was, well, the universe was huge and to travel never came easy.

Still, the girl had captured his curiosity and he removed his hand from his ribs and rested them on the table.  “You, uh…look naked.”  Well, if he was going to start learning about the way things worked in this part of the galaxy, there was no better time to start than now.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:23:55 am »
Suddenly everything just became a little more awkward. Quickly she infirmary away and held her hands together, her lower lip tucked safely between her seemingly sharp teeth. Be polite. Mai smiled brightly and moved a tiny bit closer, her instincts telling her there was an odd form of predetor near-by. Most likely behind her since she couldn’t see it, but she could feel it. Taking a few careful steps, she moved closer to the table and towards the ashen man and his purple hair.

“Oh, you’re... Always that colour. Of course.” Mai gave a nervous laugh and brushed her hands down her front, forcing herself not to chew on her lips. It was one thing to be nervous and awkward, it was another to act like a flighty bird. “If you’re hurt you should go to the ... The... Doctor people. Or wrap it up.” Being from a very recently discovered planet that had little to no technology, Mai was fairly unfamiliar with words like ‘infimary’.  A helpful smile and then the man spoke again.

Mai just about turned as red as a tomato. Naked. She looked naked. Her eyebrows shot up and she pressed her hands to the cloth at her chest and looked down. Nothing was showing, and while the cloth was thin, nothing could be seen through it. She wasn’t naked! Mai looked herself over from her chest down to her toes and then stared at the man. Ruffled. “I am not naked! This is.. Is.. Normal for where I’m from! I over heat... And... And... Burst into flame!” Mai made ‘exploding’ arms when she said the last of her sentence and then stood there for a moment before quietly seating herself across from the odd man.

Quietly clearing her throat, Mai reached over and held her hand above the menu. “Do you like Coffee? Tea? Whatever that woman over there is having?” Mai sat up straighter and then looked over to the woman and reached out and waved her hand, the other moving to hide her chest, giving the strange man an odd glance.

“Excuse me? Miss? What are you drinking?”

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 06:15:41 pm »
Well, he did have a point. And, sleepily hearing this, Ciercel was glad she couldn't be considered even remotely naked. Everything except her head and hands was covered. The blue-haired woman yawned, then jerked a bit when she started being talked at.

Since when had anyone ever paid any attention to her? She was just a secretary! Was being a very key word. She looked up at Mai, bloodshot eyes nevertheless sharp and oddly piercing under Jierra's control.

"Huh? Oh.. it's... number 5 on the menu." She definitely wasn't going to even try pronouncing it. It had too many syllables that functioned as nouns. Some old traditional drink. The new age was more sensible about naming things... usually.

((sorry it's kinda short >.< just got in!!)

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 12:26:48 am »
A strange specimen indeed, he thought.  As he was wont to think like a scientist with logistics and calculations so that his plans may be best executed, he now studied this half-naked bunny girl before him as if she were a specimen.  She nigh blew up at him in correcting how he analyzed her attire of choice.  Of course, he knew that she wasn’t naked.  But hell, she might as well have been!

Void’s eyes were saucer-like and he blinked in puzzlement.  So she would burst into flames?  What, like spontaneous-combustion?  His face nigh glowed to be able to see such a beautiful sight as combustion once again.  It had been such a long time and was about to question her on it when she suddenly took it upon herself to sit down across from him.  The nerve!  He shook his head as if in disbelief and was sure to his core that he didn’t remember inviting her to sit down.  Was that a new custom in this part of the galaxy now, to sit at people’s tables uninvited?  Sighing hopelessly as she questioned what he wanted on the menu, he considered his options.  Yet there was little time before the attention of another woman was summoned from the table nearby.

Heeding her advice, he leaned forward and peered at the fuzzy print of the projected menu.  “Number five is…Zecquixkolicjo-gan.  A delicacy on Maiter 13, if I’m not mistaken,” he grinned up at the girl in front of him in minor triumph when he suddenly realized that they had no been properly introduced.  It wouldn’t help if he was going to make her aid him in learning the ways of this place if he didn’t even know her name.  Looking over a few items on the menu once again as the annoying automated voice repeated it’s same inquiry, Void recalled how she had suggested items entitled ‘coffee’ and ‘tea’.  Obviously unashamed at his own naiveté, he quirked his face at her and spoke in an even tone, “What’s ‘coffee’ and ‘tea’, Miss, er…?  What should I call you, Miss ‘burst-into-flame’?”

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:26:19 am »
The tanned girls eyebrow twitched when the weird ashen man said the word. Sounded almost perfect. Not that Mai would know the difference anyway, right? Although, she could still glare at the strange man, glare and leer and puff out her lips and huff. So that’s what she did. Mais hands went to fold against her chest and she turned away from him towards the odd woman. The tired one. A soft smile was sent towards her and she gave the strange man a fleeting glance before turning her head away and using his table and her arm as a head-rest.

Then he had to go and ask a question. It would be impolite to ignore him, so she sighed and sat back up, and blinked owlishly at his question. “Oh... Um... Coffee and Tea is all I can read of this language on that menu...” Mai shrugged and gave a nervous laugh before putting her hands on her lap and letting her shoulders round forward, as if she was trying to sink into the chair behind her. “Coffee is made out of weird bean things, and tea is... um.. Made with leaves?”  The end of her sentence ended on a hopefull note.

His next sentence made her glare at him again and she sat up and held her shoulders back, steady almost black eyes leering into his weird purple ones. “No. And I only burst into flames when I want to. My name is Mai. Not ‘m-y’my, but ‘M-a-i’.” The ‘bunny-girl’ ended with a bright smile and then turned towards the tired looking woman, seeing if ignoring him would get a rise. It had been ages since she teased anyone and while this man seemed serious and grumpy... And perhaps a little pig-headed, it would be fun to poke at him.

“Excuse me? Miss? Thank you for the help. You seem to know more about this place than I do, which... Makes sense, seeing as how I’m not from this solar system...  But Mr. Purple seems to have trouble with... Everything... Could you come help?” Maybe no poking. In a round about way, it seemed like she was trying to be helpful. Scary. “Oh.” Mai turned from the tired woman back to the man. “Who are you? If you don’t tell me I’ll keep calling you Mr. Purple. Even though you’re more... Ashen.”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 12:19:54 am »
Ciercel smiled back. Or attempted to, anyway. It probably was seen as more of a grimace in her state. She watched the girl, taking in the elongated ears that seemed to just keep on going. The nice, soft hair. Much softer than her own, it looked.

"I've only been hear for... two days now. But I've heard about some of the stuff here."

Two days. No sleep for at least three. It felt like five.

From this close, Ciercel could start to feel the heat radiating from the girl. Unconsciously, she moved a bit closer.

Jierra still watched through those blue eyes of hers, but she wasn't as in control. Ciercel was waking back up to carry on a conversation. Go figure, what a social butterfly. The blue markings on her cheek began to fade.

"It's nice to meet you, M-a-i. I'm Ciercel. I can try to help... but I've really only been here a couple days."

She moved as close as her table would allow to theirs, sliding her beverage with her and sipping on it. Watching them over the rim.

'You're so helpful,' Jierra said to her softly, in her head. A quiet murmur, but Ciercel heard it nonetheless. Ciercel caught a glimpse of blue scales slithering in a coil as her other half settled down in her mind, content enough with Ciercel's current rebellious state to leave her be. Yet still she itched to just push Ciercel's half into the other side of her mind, to take over the body and live. But she didn't want to be mean to Ciercel. Perhaps, like Yin and Yang, a bit of Ciercel's softness was in herself as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 04:33:45 am »
“Purple?” he questioned to himself as a rebellious strand fell into his sights.  “Oh, right.  My hair.  Uh… my name….”  Pausing for a fraction of a second, he considered the things that constituted a given name.  In all honesty, he didn’t think he had one.  After all, names were given at birth and there was no recollection of his creation that he knew of.  Through the ages, the only name he’d ever known was the embodiment of who he was: Void.  Considering this and knowing there were no other options he finished, “…is Void.  Considering what I know of names, Mr. Purple doesn’t even begin to describe me.  But nonetheless, it is nice to make your acquaintance, Miss Mai.”

Formalities were his way of keeping up while learning the social customs of this era since it seemed most places he’d traveled to always appreciated manners.  Sometimes, if he was lucky, the mannerisms were more than similar.

“Miss Mai is right.  I guess I could use all the help I can get since I’m not familiar with the ways of mort—uh!—I mean uh…beings from this part of the galaxy.”  He flashed a bright grin in an effort to cover his slip of tongue.

Yet even as he tried to contend with his own blunt tongue, he was pretty much hit head-on by Mai’s bodily heat wave.  It wasn’t that it bothered him; in fact, compared to the cold, desolation of space, he found it rather comforting and invigorating.  As a result, he leaned forward further on the table.

He took his gaze across to the new arrival in the conversation and squinted at the change in her skin.  But that wasn’t what captured his attention the most.  “Uh, Miss Ciercel, you don't look well.  You seem...exhausted.  Doesn't she look like she's about to 'keel over' Mia?”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal