Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: It Was Like Cake, Now It Is Like Owwie.  (Read 312 times)

Anonymous

It Was Like Cake, Now It Is Like Owwie.
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:00:05 am »
If her pants were up normally, you couldn’t see the magical new bit of limb she got. Or know that she had lost it at all. The second she had woken up, Iko had been out of the room as fast as she could go, aching limb with the slight limp be damned. Needless to say Iko wanted to get away from the weird pilot who had turned her leg into a single course meal. The past day was a blur, she could recall very little, but what she did was just down right out of a book. Crazy mechanical woman who flew away and had magical rocket boots.

Panting softly with her eyepatch gone somewhere weird, probably got stolen by a doctor to see if she was really missing an eye. Iko was not. Instead it was rather odd, black with a yellow iris, almost animalistic. Her fangs pressed against her lower lip and Iko shuffled against the wall she was sitting against. As much as the young woman wanted to go home, it was too far, and she felt so tired.

Drained.

A hiss left her lips and Iko rubbed a hand against the newest accessory while leaning backwards and letting her head thump lightly against the wall. Not for the first time in her life was she very happy that there was no natural weather in dome. The safe, safe dome, where there was no sun, no rain, no fall, no winter.

There were however predators behind all the corners, and even those closest to the sun didn’t have it all. Since a few still came down here and ate their meals in a different kind of wrapping.

“Stupid bastard.” Iko huffed before stretching out her good leg and resting her head against the ruined one, the fixed one, the better one. The one that made her just a little more different. Iko assumed that since she got out there so quickly, the man.... Llyn, wouldn’t really bother looking for her. The young woman hoped she wasn’t wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: It Was Like Cake, Now It Is Like Owwie.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:07:26 pm »
Unsurprisingly, Llewellyn loved to be exactly where he was least wanted at any given time.

Natural curiosity and a tendency to rub salt into wounds—they taste better that way, or with a little lemon juice, he thought—brought him unfailingly back to the scene of the crime.

But not exactly. He wasn't going anywhere near there. He wanted to see the surgeons, and Iko. He had made a short trip back to the Citadel to drop off his handy chopped-corpse-carrier and make himself look presentable while Iko was under the knife... a funny turn of phrase, considering the circumstances, and the fact that she had probably spent more time under welding torches and screwdrivers. Now he returned to the clinic, looking less emaciated, better dressed (if possible), higher of self-esteem, and generally healthier. His eyes had a look of satisfaction to them, like someone who was a well-oiled killing machine on the top of the food chain, and knew it.

Llyn did a little psychic scan around the clinic, and was a bit put out to find that Iko wasn't there. So he looked around a while until he located her, slumped against a wall and probably feeling sorry for herself. How cute. He followed her, and was just around the corner in time for her muttered imprecation. "Nice to see you, too."

He paused a few moments, to let the fact of his presence soak in, grinning all the while. "You seem good-natured, for someone in your situation. I mean, at least you aren't mentally damaged from it. Maybe it's because you yourself are one who causes injury."

While he talked, he had moved closer to Iko. "Let me see your leg. It must be very high quality, for you to be running off so soon after installation." He hovered about her, but not too close. He didn't want to make the poor thing mad. Then again, maybe he wanted a fight. Llyn never could tell, with himself.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:28:15 pm »
A dark eyebrow twitched and Iko glared up towards the Pilot. The big bad wolf.  Iko was glad that she didn’t own anything red, let alone a hood or that silly ancient fairy tale would be half true after all. Stupid bastard. “Look, I hate you. Thanks a ton for the leg, but you can go off on your merry little way and leave me alone.” Iko spat at him, her eyes narrowed and glaring up at him. She wished he wouldn’t hover, but Iko was doubtful that she could make him stop it, so Iko just shuffled off to the side on her bum.

Iko wasn’t even going to be curious about how he found her. Probably some stupid psychic shit that no one else could do. Of course.

“Of course I’m not mentally damaged. You’re a sick fuck, but that’s not my problem now is it Mr.Psychic-Face?” Iko smiled up at Llyn and stretched out her legs, the one that had gotten... Upgraded, was begining to hurt, and she could feel every twinge her normal leg was making.

Not rejecting it, just doing a ‘wtf is this shit right beside me?’ Iko hoped that her leg would just go with the flow and grow over it or... Something. Whatever. Mismatched eyes glared up at Llyn and she simply rose an eyebrow, “Didn’t anyone ever teach you how to say ‘please’?”

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:26:21 pm »
Llyn dodged the ill-aimed spit-gob, and his ceramic smile quickly rearranged itself into a mockery of a frown. "Ohhhh, dear Iko," he said poutily, "that's no way to treat a psychopath." He grinned again, pacing lithely around the periphery of her personal bubble. "Besides, I have nothing to do for a few hours yet. How better to spend the time than by causing mental distress?"

The grin never faltered. "Good that your head is alright... rather, in the same condition it was. Normal people would be under great stress because of this. I bet your painkillers are wearing off, too." He knew well enough that her painkillers were wearing off. He was in her head, after all. Llyn was a very good stealth psychic, having first put his abilities to use performing intricate alterations on his own brain. He could, if he tried, make his presence nigh-undetectable, even to a Pilot of his caliber.

Iko was certainly a feisty girl. The corners of Llyn's mouth turned up all the more. "Actually, no. Not when it's not followed by saying 'me', anyway. I generally get what I want with little opposition. If you'd like, though..." his smile by this point was that of a mannequin, or a possessed doll. Certainly not a passable imitation of human. "Please, show me your leg."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal