Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Lupine Fever! *ArooooOOooo* (Dracooooo)  (Read 341 times)

Anonymous

Lupine Fever! *ArooooOOooo* (Dracooooo)
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:14 pm »
The red silky sheet on the bed were ruffled along with the giant fluffy black comforter. Idina sat on the edge of it her red bass in hand. She was always too lazy to make her bed until much later. Sometimes she never made it. Her room she normally kept pretty clean except the bottles of water and crumpled up sheets of music that were always laying around in it. A cup of coffee sat steaming on her bedside table next to a full bottle of water.

Her computer was humming across the room with lots of windows open on it to tabs for music. Leena, her pet Rat was crawling around on the desk over the keyboard and random speakers. Every once in awhile she would stop and look over at Idina wiggling her nose at her. Leena always seemed confused when the room was quiet.

Idina had a pile of printed out tabs next to her. She had been surfing around the internet trying to find the right tabs to some IF music. She was just really interested in their sound, plus practice was always good. Plus, she was supposed to jam with Cory on bass sometime soon and hopefully she could try out some IF with him, and maybe he could try out some Mind Haze music.

The tabs of music had little red marks all over them. The pen was tucked behind her ear. She just couldn't seem to find anything that sounded quite right.

"This is irritating." She said to herself as she tried to strum out a few notes. Leena squeaked at her from over on the desk and Idina looked up at the rat and gave a small smile as it wiggle it's whiskers at her.

"No, I'm talking to you! Not to myself. Doesn't mean I'm crazy at all." She plucked out a few notes on the bars and grumbled looking at the bass. She pulled her pumpkin shaped headphones up around her ears again, and hit play on her iMusic.  IF sprang into her headphones. She moved her fingers up and down the neck of the bass and the frets, she just couldn't grab the notes out of the song for some reason. Normally she could do that pretty well. She glared at the bass.

"I blame you baby." she patted the bass like it was a pet and took her headphones off laying them on the pile of tabs. She swung the bass off laying it on the bed. She stood up and stretched her arms towards the sky and made a little wolf noise. She wore a tight red t-shirt with a band name across it with a random paint splatter design across the back. She wore a pair of plaid blue and green boxers. She often stole them from Ra and Viz, she thought they were so comfy.

She walked across the floor to the computer the hardwood floor feeling cold against her bare feet. She pulled the chair out to the computer and sat down in the comfy chair. She clicked closed all the windows that had the IF tab done horribly wrong her elbow on the desk and her head in her hand. Leena stretched up on her back legs wiggling her nose at her. Idina grabbed her setting her on her shoulder where the rat liked to sit most of the time, though she did end up on top of Idina's head most of the time.

She started to click around on the blog, but gave a large sigh and opened another search window to look for more tabs.

"This is bugging me Leena." She said to the rat as it started to sniff her ear. Then Idina stopped dead and stared at the screen for a minute opening the blog again. You could almost see the wheels turning as she messed with the windows. She slapped her hand against her face and Leena hopped down into her lap. She had Cory's phone number and the address for the house. She could just ask him. They were planning to jam a little anyway! It could be a big surprise her just showing up. She smiled to herself and picked Leena up out of her lap and set her on the desk again.

"Sometimes I feel like a blond Leena." The mouse tilted its head at Idina and squeaked up at her. Idina grabbed her music played off the bed sliding it into a set of speakers as she hopped around the room and got ready. Spinning the dial she turned it to some loud metal music. She started to leaf through her closet and pulled out a black t-shirt with an evil looking red rubber ducky on it with horns. Then a pair of dark blue jeans with holes in the knees. They always made her figure look nice.

She packed up all her stuff into her bag and put her base in it's case. Time to go! She bounded out of the house like a happy puppy grabbing the keys to the van out of a bowl next to the door. She locked the door behind her and headed out to the van. First thing they needed to do when they had some extra money was buy a new van. This one was getting old...and ugly. They needed a pretty one, with their logo across the side!

She packed her stuff in the back in it's spot then settled into the front seat. She slid her music played out of her bag connecting it to the stereo and turning the music up then starting the van. The drive would be a somewhat long one.

The drive wasn't too bad, she thought as she shut the van off in front of their house. IT rumbled a little and quieted. She grabbed her bass out of the back of the van. She started walking away then pressed the button on the keys to lock the doors. Heading up the stairs she looked at the house. It was so big. She felt a little jealous.

Getting to the door she readjusted her grip on the handle of the bass case and knocked on the door. Maybe some of the other IF boys would be around and she could meet them too. Finally!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Lupine Fever! *ArooooOOooo* (Dracooooo)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:27 am »
He’d heard it. Had hoped it would go away after he ignored it for the first second or so, but that was rude and Jace by nature, wasn’t a rude man. He’d been writing notes, so his hair was back in a high pony tail, his waist length black hair falling back like inky water. A white t-shirt tucked into blue jeans and a pencil in his mouth, bite marks on the wood around the graphite. All those years to invent super awesome write-em-for-you pencils, and the old fashion wood wrapped around pre-diamonds was still the best thing.  While Jace got up to go answer the door that was still knocking, pencil in mouth, the frilly apron he’d been cleaning in still around his waist.

The large hand went out to turn the knob and he pulled it open and stared.

Uegh.

A girl.

Nothing wrong with girls, Jace liked girls just fine, but he was unused to being alone with them – Everyone was out at the present moment because Jace had announced it was ‘Cleaning Day’ earlier and then all the boyos magically had plans – Brilliant green eyes stared at the woman. Didn’t have a clue as to who she was, they didn’t have an ad out for a bassist, or a guitarist, they already had too many guitarists. Leaning against the door frame, one arm up, the other on his hip.  Just staring.

With the pencil still in his mouth, tip out, his tongue pushing at the eraser when he spoke. “Can I help you Miss…?” His eyebrows went up and he smiled pleasantly in his frilly pink apron.

(Not much, but it’s a start 8D)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »
A smile crossed her face as the door opened trying to seem cheery. Inside her head her jaw nearly dropped to the floor. Jace... She had seen pictures of him on a few different website while she was looking for tabs but the pictures hadn't really captured his...

He was wearing a frilly apron.

The smile grew a little wider as she noticed that. How interesting...had he forgotten when he answered the door or did he just not care? She didn't know many men who just wandered around opening the door with a pink frilly apron. Well Jess might but she figured this was a different situation entirely. She set her bass down on the step next to her and held out her hand.

"I'm Idina...from Mind Haze." She felt sort of self conscious when she realized that he might not even know who Mind Haze was, plus IF was bigger than them. Underground but still bigger than them. "I love the outfit." She said looking him up and down. She wouldn't let a little strange shyness get her down. He was cute after all, he didn't have to know Mind Haze yet, but he would by the time she left.

She wasn't sure whether she should say she came to see Cory or not. She was sure his reputation was very true and if anywhere they would certainly think here that she was some floozy coming to see him. That was really her only card though...she maybe should have thought about that before coming over.

"I came over to ask Cory about some tabs for your music, he and I were talking about jamming a bit too."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:23:37 pm »
Jace wrinkled his nose at her cheery smile. Ugh, a fan. Jace loved fans, but not when they came knocking on his door. If she asked for an autograph he was going to tell her to find him at a show and ask then. Then she spoke. Mind Haze. Idina. Oh-so-slightly did his eyes narrow, trying to pin the two names together. Ah yes. Mind Haze.  That little band from the bottom level of Haviah, that place Cory went to see.

His mother always taught him to be polite, but this was competition! Oh well, might as well make her feel at home while she was visiting. Jace gave her a pleasant smile and then let his face fall and his eyebrows shoot up when she mentioned his outfit… A shirt and pants, what was so weird about – Apron. Oh damn. Jace blushed lightly and untied it before reaching up and removing the ponytail letting his hair drop down.

”So, Miss Idina from Mind Haze… Even though you know Cory you’re welcome to come in for a cup for coffee and a chat while you wait for Cory. He’s… Not in.” the black haired young man wished beyond all reasoning that this young lady wasn’t another one of Cory’s quickly done up sex toys. He had always found it disgusting how many girls would screw him just to say they’d done someone from a band.

The boy was half snake for crying out loud. Ew. Jace loved Cory like an annoying little brother. But that didn’t mean he had to fathom how he got laid, he knew why, just … Not how. Of course he’d seen them walk out of the house with their bottoms hanging out, so obviously they were of loose taste.

New brain topic.

Jace shook his head and pushed his hair behind his wear, moving aside to let Idina through. “If you’re a good girl maybe I’ll get my guitar and help you with your bass line. I write most of it, so I know all of it.” A pleasant smile, kicking himself mentally for offering to teach another band, a rival band no less, their music.  

Silently he waited for her to step into the house and head towards the living room so he could close the dang door.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:53:30 pm »
God, he blushed and he looked fucking adorable. She blinked a couple times as he pulled his hair down and took the apron. She just wanted to pet it, though that would probably seem a little forward. Which she normally prided herself on! She didn't feel that confidence like she normally did in dealing with men. She even felt a little weak in the knees.

Idina nodded as he said she could wait here for Cory. She picked up her bass, and started to head inside. She had really lucked out in just deciding to come on over without calling. This way she got to spend time with...Jace...or any of the other boys who might be here. She really hoped none of them were there. He was so much more polite than Cory was, though Cory wasn't bad maybe she could just see the player underneath. Takes on to know one she supposed. For some reason she had expected all the IF boys to be the same.

She walked past him into the house and stopped after getting through the door and was a little distance from Jace. She let her eyes look around the part of the house she could see. She tried not to think of a smart ass flirt to say to his comment.

"Well, I'm sure I can be good for at least a little while. Thanks for letting me come in."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:39:18 pm »
“Yeah, no problem.” Jace flashed her a smile and closed the door before brushing past her towards the kitchen to flick the switch for a new pot of coffee. Glad he was obsessive compulsive about having fresh coffee, or at least a clean pot, new coffee grounds, and fresh water all ready to turn into fresh coffee. Shuffling around the kitchen a few more minutes and Jace set out two mugs, pulled out the cream and sugar cubes before returning to the living room.

Assuming Idina was there.

Jace looked around the room for a moment, the computer on with a sheet of un-readable text – Possibly the inner workers of their homepage, Jace didn’t take care of it so he’d just left it as is – He was never much of a computer lover anyway. Sheets of newly written music were scattered on the coffee table. His lip twitched and he quickly sweeped those away, no so much because Idina was here, but because he hated having his unfinished work looked at by anyone other than the IF boys and before they were a few weeks old.

After putting the paper away, Jace ran a hand through his black hair and pursed his lips.

Now what?

Not at all used to entertaining guests, Jace decided to be blunt and to hell with the strange girl hating him. If she gave the right answer she’d probably get brownie points, too. “You’re not fucking Cory are you? ‘Cause if you are, and you’re waiting for him to get back and plow you. I really don’t want you in my house.” Blunt and to the point, Jace kept is hands on his hips and his eyes averted.

Rude yes… But Jace had been so very, very busy… Doing nothing… And the uninvited visitor (at least by him), while a nice distraction, was an unwanted one if she’d been playing Cory already.

Jace seriously didn’t get those girls. The guy was half of a damn snake. It seemed like Jace couldn’t get over the single fact.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:48:48 pm »
Idina went into the living room as she listened to Jace move around in the kitchen. He was damn fine. She grinned to herself. Maybe it was lucky to have just come over, very lucky. Then music to her ears, the distinct sound of coffee making. If there was one thing she loved as much as music and maybe even men, it was coffee. The constant in her life.

Jace came back into the living as she was standing there looking around at it. The house felt good, like it had been lived in, not one of those houses where everything was constantly clean and set just right. Those always drove her nuts, made her feel out of place. She turned to look at him and he looked very confused and out of place in his own house. She nearly collapsed when he asked her about Cory. She broke it off into giggling before she answered.

"No, Cory's interesting...but not really my type so much." She looked at Jace for a minute."Thanks for asking it would have been so weird to have you overtly trying to figure it out the whole time I was here." She sat down her bass and purse on the ground with a smile, then sat down on the couch herself.

"And Jace, nobody plows me, it's normally much sweeter than that."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:00 am »
Oh, thank gods. He wasn’t her type. It took him another moment of standing there and staring at his lovely guest to wonder just who the hell had someone like him for their type. Hm. “Oh.” Jace cleared his throat and turned around again, snagging a hair tie and quickly giving himself a loose pony tail at the base of his neck. “Be right back with the coffee.”

Into the kitchen Jace fled and poured the hot coffee into two mugs and made them exactly the same; Three sugar cubes and a enough cream to make the coffee not look like watery mud. Wrapping his hands around both mugs, a pink one with “Jace-Face” and red hearts written on it and the other a average black mug.

“Idina?” That was her name right? “Got coffee for ya.” walking back out of the kitchen, the guitarist stood there awkwardly before moving over to where she was seated and holding the mug out to her with a nice smile. “ I’m afraid I’m too selfish to give you our basslines, but, I can show you a site that holds a pretty good knock off, that way, if it shows up in your music I can’t sue you.” He smiled again, this one holding a tinge of venom before lifting his mug to his lips and taking a long drink.

“So,” Jace took a seat beside her and placed his mug on the table before pressing his hands together and looking around awkwardly.

(( er, it's made of fail. >_> sorry ))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal