Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Faulty programming [Clairvoyant]  (Read 1367 times)

ARAD V1.0

Faulty programming [Clairvoyant]
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:27:20 am »
Arad let out a soft, mechanical huff. People alwaysbassumed that he was a guard droid estranged from its master. More than often had he been the victim of people trying to turn him in or report him, others became more direct and barked for him to power down. And the most ennerving of all, little shits who thought it'd be a goo idea to scavenge him for parts while he was still walking.

And boy, did he prove them wrong.

But all that paled into comparison. The former human needn't nourishment or fluids to survive. He needed electrcity. And lots of it.  So, he was currently busy plugging bis core system to the small electric station. People could survive without electricitybfor a day. The hospital always came equipped with a back up generator.

A loud spark and chittering resounded as the combat droid felt his systems charging again. He powered down with a soft buzz, the submission programming slowly flooding his consience again. The demons and monsters that formed as hallucinations coming for him, his mind became distorted, in conflict, two sides fighting for control.

Clairvoyant

Re: Faulty programming [Clairvoyant]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »
It was quiet as a hooded figure made her way through. She did not have any real destination in mind. She was just trying to find a place where she could observe other life. That was what she was designed to do . Of course she had found that there were lots of different ways to observe others. Her favorite was to just sit quietly and watch them. Let others come to her. It was better that way in her mind.

As she was moving through now she felt something interesting to her. She felt what she thought might have been the presence of some sort of robotic creature. Though she wasn't sure what kind it was. Shefrowned wondering if it was worth her while to follow the slight presence. 

She moved in that direction deciding that maybe she would find something interesting. She paused as she came closer to where he was. Unlike him she was powered by an advanced technology that recharged itself every so often. She did not have to plug into anything.  It was very concivnent if you asked her.

She stood a bit away from the other robot now. She did not want to get too close in case it wanted to attack her. She could never be certain who was friendly here. So she always used cation when dealing with other beings.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »
Proximity sensors alerted the combat droid of a presence close, he powered up again, pulling the wires from underneath his armour plating, before looking up at the newcomer, who was wise enough to keep her distance.

A low, feral, yet mechanical snarl came from him. "What do you want," he asked with the same snarling, the red lights pulsing ominously.

Clairvoyant

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:28:18 pm »
As she was watching the other robot she noted that he must have noticed that she was nearby. He robotic eyes glowed slightly as she stood there. She did see that he did not seem very friendly. Well she knew that some beings were like that. She wondered what she should or rather could say to him so that she did not seem like a threat.

"I am sorry to disturb you. I was mearly observing you. I do not mean any harm." She said  in a very soft robotic voice. It would be obvious that she was a machine. She did not dare to get any closer to him. After all she was not programmed for combat.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 08:57:02 am »
Arad snarled softly, tossing the cables away. "You're an emergency response droid?" He inquired, approaching the other robot. "If so, power down and report an EMP blast. I'm not in the mood to deal with the city folk."

Clairvoyant

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 09:47:55 am »
Avian frowned a bit when she heard his question. She frowned knowing that most made the mistake of thinking she was made to serve humans. However that was certainly not the case. " I am not a droid of any sort. I am not a servant for humans. I come from a place far from here. " She said to him with a frown.

She then stared at him the added. " I am programed to observe life on this planet." She kind of backed away as he came closer. She was a bit afraid of him.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:01:29 pm »
Arad sighed softly. "Why are you here then? I obviously am not alive," he answered with a snarl. And as she backed away, Arad seemed to disspate, before reforming infront of her, within the blink of an eye. "You can't outrun me. So don't try."

Clairvoyant

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 05:31:22 pm »
She looked at him with a slight frown on her face. She wondered if he had intentions of harming her. Her politics blinked off for a second then back on again. " Life does not always have to be alive. At least not to my people. " She said to him with a frown still on her face.

She blinked when he disappeared only to reappear right in front of her. Well there whent her plan of getting away from him. " Do you intend to harm me? Because if you do just know I am not made for fighting...." she said looking down for a second then back to him with a frown.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 04:24:11 am »
"I do not intend to harm you just yet," Arad answered with a soft snarl. "Did the Syndicate send you?"

Clairvoyant

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 08:34:22 am »
Avian frowned at what he said. She knew that the words 'just yet' implied that he might change his mind. She really needed to find a way to ensure that she would not be harmed. " I do not know who you speak of . As was stated I am a observation bot. " She said . He tone was a bit nervous. Almost as if she was hiding something. Though if one knew the female robot they would know that this was just the way she spoke.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »
"Observe," he answered, snarling softly. "Observe for whom extactly, then?" He asked, stepping closer to Avian.

Clairvoyant

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 04:04:28 pm »
Avian looked at him with a slight frown. She made a sighing sound then looked at him. " The leaders of my home planet. I come from a planet far from here. I think I may have mentioned this before." She said frowning. She then moved back when her tried to move closer. She was still afraid of him.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 04:19:31 pm »
"I asked -who-," Arad snarled. "I didn't want a vague answer like that."

Clairvoyant

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 04:29:44 pm »
Avian was quite for a second . She was not quite sure what to tell him at this point. Then it struck her that maybe he wanted their names. " Oh you must want names. The king of my world is lunas and his mate is lanna. They are who I serve." She said hoping that she didn't tick him off further now.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 04:07:48 pm »
"King?" Arad inquired. He never heard of any kind of king. Mostly it were lonarch or ministers these days. The word king was something he'd never heard when one assumed a position. He shook his head with a shrug, turning around again. "Go observe elsewhere," he snarled.

Clairvoyant

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:36:03 pm »
Avon just nodded at his question. Her race was an odd one that was for sure. They used some words that were never used anymore. It came from being in advanced in the way they spoke. " We do not speak like most races." She said to him with a slightly condescending tone.

She then glared at him a bit. " That's kind of rude you know. Being nice does not hurt . "She said to him. Though she did hope that did not upset him too much. She was mearly telling the truth after all.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »
"Ah, yes," he answered with a snarl. "Bein' nice got me my real body back already. Being nice," he tapped his metal skull. "It removed this submission programming that's fucking with my mind." He let out another snarl, this one was rather frustrated and irritated.

Clairvoyant

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 05:09:11 pm »
Avian frown hearing what he was telling her. It sounded like this being was a tormented one. She was quite for a few moments then looked at him with a softer look . " I am sorry that you are troubled . I know that you probably don't trust others but I truly feel for you. ." She said to him. She was made to feel emotions much like the beings on her home planet. She always tried to be kind to others. It was just hard to show this.

" Being tormented by bad feeling is a horrible thing to go through. I could not imagine your pain." She said with a sigh . She knew the pain of being separated from her kind. Though that was much difference from his pain. "  But I do wish to help if you want" she added now.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »
Arad snarled softly, before sighing. "You indeed don't understand," he waved his hand dismissively, before turning around and heading back to the small powerstation. "So don't try to pity me, it ain't gonna work."

He did however glance over his shoulder at her as she offered help. "How would you help me?"

Clairvoyant

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 04:28:47 pm »
Avian just gave a soft sigh. She knew there was no sympathizing with some creatures. She figured that it was best to just let him be. Then he asked her his question. She frowned then looked at him. " Well I guess the question would be what is it that you require help with?" She asked before adding " Among being a science bot I am a repair bot. I have a couple of other skills such as intelligence and navigation skills. I don't know how that would help though. Just thought i would offer."  She said ending her statement at least that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal