Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Utterly Lost  (Read 1192 times)

Anonymous

Utterly Lost
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:43:21 pm »
Endor walked over the next knoll, and looked back at the pathetic excuse for a map he carried with him. He found his current position, and then the position of Lorilei, the village he as trying to get to. Somehow, he just continued getting lost, this time ending up further from the village. He shook the small console, and studied the screen.

Grumbling, he shoved the console back into his bag, and climbed back into the UAS. He rebooted the systems, and resumed his task of gliding across the surface. He went quickly, following the blinking dot, which he knew as Lorilei. Finally, when he was on he outskirts, at least on the IPPS. He opened he cockpit, and swore when he saw the chaos before him.

The entire village was burned to he ground, not a single building or person as spared.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Utterly Lost
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:28:32 pm »
Dier sighed and turned his spear round in his hand absentmindedly. The village of Lorilei was not a pretty sight, completely razed to the ground with not one survivor human or animal. Even the buildings had gone. Dier had passed through here not that long ago and the village had been fine, it puzzled him as to what had happened. Why attack such a small village?

Caros had gone off to look for survivors, claiming he had smelt something but it didn’t look like anything could have survived the destruction. Then again, the panthera’s nose was rarely ever wrong.

As he scanned across the village again it seemed Caros had not been wrong about smelling something, there was some kind of craft landing at the outskirts of the village. A few moments later the cockpit opened and a man looked out. Fortunately, if his ship was anything to go by, he was not Edanithi or Aedolian. If Dier were ever to be discovered by one of them he could kiss his freedom goodbye. He used to work for TRIM an organisation closely linked to both countries. And he was notorious for hacking into TRIM’s network and providing several information dealers with information. His hacking abilities were unsurpassed and they weren’t his only abilities. Like his panthera partner he had animal like senses and strength, very handy when you were trying to avoid TRIM. Anyone that worked there was easy to spot; they smelt of blood.

Dier got to his feet and started walking down the hill to where the ship was, hoping the pilot didn’t think he burnt the village down and shoot him.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:08:01 pm »
Endor looked around. He was sure that he had heard movment. He drew his guns, switching off the safety, activating the Drones. He held them out in front of him, and walked to the source of the noise, time creeping past. He hid behind the burned part of a wall, listening to the breathing of what he assumed was a human, which he assumed was male.

He jumped up, shouting, "Freeze! Don't move, or I will shoot!" He pointed both guns at the man in front of him, saying, "Who are you, and why are you here? Answer me!"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:46 pm »
The guy was certainly jumpy, but then again considering the state of village it was natural. Dier lifted his hands up in a peaceful gesture.

“My name is Dier Fenrir, and I’m I was just passing through.”

It was true, he and Caros were on their way to Teinar and to get there you had to pass through the Triadic Mountains. And since traversing them was harsh it made sense to stop at Lorilei. The problem was it was now burnt to the ground.

Hopefully this guy wouldn’t do anything rash if he didn’t believe him and shoot Dier. Though it seemed that Caros might have it covered. As immature as the panthera could be stealth was one of his strong points and he was currently sneaking up behind the gun-toting man.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 01:53:48 am »
As the man stared down the barrel of his gun, Endor listened to his words. Endor dared to look him in the eye, and what he saw shocked him. He gripped his gun tighter, and said, "Call off your animal. This gun can shoot both of you, if need be. Don't force me to do this." He belted his gun, standing straight, and clapped his hands, morphing into a huge wolf. Endor growled at Dier, and then turned on the huge cat behind him, barking at it.

Endor barked three times in quick sucssession, and he morphed into a strange being, it was humanoid, with long arms, ending in three claws and a thumb-like claw, and reaching down below his feet. The face of the being was with four slits on the sides for eyes, and a long slit for mouth. The thing wore nothing, yet it did not appear to be naked, per se. The things looked a Dier, and spoke in a mechanic tone, saying, "I do not want to have to kill you. Do not make me."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 12:05:56 pm »
Caros frowned, or as close to a frown as he could and growled, “Excuse me, I am not his animal! I don’t belong to anybody.”

Of course the man wouldn’t understand this unless he could speak panthera. Which was pretty much what all large cats ‘spoke’. Dier understood but he wasn’t going to bother translating for a guy who turned into weird shit because he was jumpy. Turning into a lethal looking creature like that was just going too far.

“I can’t call Caros off,” Dier said, “He doesn’t listen to me.”

“Damn right I don’t,” added the panthera, “I’m not nobody’s pet and you my friend are truly freakish.”

Dier rally hoped the …creature couldn’t understand Caros. Sometimes that cat was an idiot…Actually in fact most of that time he was an idiot.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:46:10 am »
As Endor turned to face the large cat, he looked into its eyes, and said, after a time, "If you are not a pt, why do you follow him? In my world, that constitutes a pet. You have not attacked him, therefore you are not predator. He has not attacked you, therefore you are not prey. Therefore, you are pet." Without waiting for some kind of reply from the cat, he looked to Dier, and stared into his eyes for a long time, unblinking.

He finally grinned, laughing. "You think this lump is lethal?" He lifted a claw, and said, "These are about as sharp as a fire is cold. It is only dangerous to get in front of these when they dig, but even then, only if you stand right in front of them." But, immediantly, he stopped laughing, becoming grim faced. "However, finding you here may constitute you being a thief. A grave robber. A vandal."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 10:59:33 am »
Caros roared angrily, “You certainly are closed minded aren’t you? Just because I’m not human means I’m a pet? How do you know Dier isn’t my pet? I am a panthera but that doesn’t mean I am inferior.”

Dier meanwhile was shocked as to how the creature in front of him knew exactly what’d he’d been thinking. That could mean he was psychic. He was pretty sure the ‘man’ wasn’t from Aedolis though. So what was he?

“Telling me your claws are mostly harmless is pretty foolish don’t you think? What if I’m not a thief, grave robber or vandal? What if I’m something else, something worse?”

Perhaps the creature would read his thoughts and determine that Dier was no threat to him. But if the other man was psychic then surely he would know Dier meant no harm to the village as well. If the man still didn’t believe him then his powers had to be limited or possibly he was of the habit of only hearing what he wanted to hear.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 01:40:25 pm »
He looked at Darius, who was asking what might have happened if he was worse than a thief. "If it comes to that, I have other transformations, more deadly. And if somehow I cannot morph into them, I can always use my previous one to bludgeon you." He paused, and he looked into the eyes of Darius, and waited. After several long moments, he said, "You cannot harm that which is already destroyed. Therefore, even if you are an evil person, there isn't much worse you can do here besides, maybe pushing over on of the still standing walls that would fall over anyway."

Then, Endor looked over Darius's shoulder, and swore loudly. He ran back to his machine, and shouted, "Flee! The Black Scourge!" He leaped inside, and began to set it up to battle.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 11:15:21 am »
[OOC...My character's name is 'Dier']

Dier was surprised when the man suddenly ran back into his craft before shouting something about ‘the Black Scourge’. Upon turning round it appeared to be some kind of ship.

Well he wasn’t going to get caught up in it. He simply turned back round and started heading off. This was a fight he was not involved him and didn’t want to be involved in. At least the other guy had turned his attention away so he could leave.

“Come on Caros,” he called to his partner.

The panthera joined Dier and they started heading away, let the shifter and the ‘black scourge’ deal with each other.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 04:55:59 pm »
Endor began flipping switches inside the machine, and waited for it to start up. He smiled, as machines began whirling, and the air inside cooled down. He gripped the numerous "points", small tokens that stuck to his clothing. With nearly a hundred, it took him a good while to start it, and activate them all. By the time they were all on, he could see a strange airship on the horizon. He flexed an arm, and the huge metal arm of the machine, lifted, and the palm opened.

He began to run, and leaped onto the huge cockpit of the airship. He smiled when he heard screams inside the cockpit. He punched a fist inside, and fired off a single drone. However, it didn't fire. Removing it, he fired again, and the yellow beam flew straight into the cockpit, blasting a huge hole in the fuselage.

[OOC: Sorry.]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal