Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nicky's Limits  (Read 430 times)

Anonymous

Nicky's Limits
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:53 am »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
[For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?]
IM is great for these things. Talk to me and we can avoid all the ‘attempts to punch’ ‘reaches for’ and the like.

Will do: Grab, touch

Won't do: Having other people tell me what my character does (example: Joe stabs Bill and watches gleefully as Bill screams in pain.) My character, my reactions.

Ask me first:I’m open for most things, ask and we can get the details worked out

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

Will do:Broken Bones, stab wounds, flesh wounds…most wounds

Won't do:It depends on the character

Ask me first:Super serious injuries. Normally I like injuring my characters, but it also depends on the character as to how injured I’d like to make them.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do:

Won't do: I prefer to keep it somewhat non-sexual (or implied rather than fully detailed I guess I should say)

Ask me first: Any serious permanent injury (removal of body parts, addition of body parts, that sort of thing)

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first: Always

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first: Always. Chances are, if I want them changed, they’ll be joined that way, but you never know. I might decide I need to make my character’s life more difficult than it already is.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first: Ask. Mostly I like my characters less than perfect, scarred, limping or whatever, but there are good places to toss some healing into the mix.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do: Fade to black, innuendo, mild groping

Won't do: Detailed ‘breeding’ Not really into that stuff (Plus, because I’m not into it, I don’t know how to rp it either :-P)

Ask me first: If our characters are going to be getting this cozy, I would hope we would have talked about it.

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Go ahead and use this section to talk about specific characters. Sometimes you may be okay with certain things happening to one character but not another, so this is the place to get specific whereas the previous section was a more general overview.

Vulcan can be killed as long as you don’t cut off his head. (He doesn’t stay dead, so it’s kind of fun to torture, kill him and then scare the snot out of some morgue worker). He’s also quite likely to catch any punch before it lands on him.

Louhi can be picked up (she’s little) but there’s no telling what might come crashing down around you if you scare her. (she has no real control of her powers)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal