Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Care For Some Screaming With Your Pain?  (Read 3624 times)

Anonymous

Re: Care For Some Screaming With Your Pain?
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 01:27:26 am »
Having only been a vampire for a matter of minutes, Hendrik didn’t understand why Mae suddenly turned cold towards Tetra. He hadn’t said anything that would be offensive at all. How odd.

His eyes had been firmly fixed on the floor as he attempted to act as meek as possible, and he jolted when they suddenly moved to meet Mae’s of their own accord. Being manipulated like a puppet was pretty unnerving. The invisible tethers were bad enough, but such intricate control was scary.

She sighed and looked away, and for a moment Hendrik was trapped in an instruction paradox. If he looked down again she might be mad that he looked away after she’d just made him look up, but if she looked back and he was still looking at her technically that was breaking the earlier instruction of not looking at her. Thankfully his conundrum was replaced by another, that being what precisely she meant about his clothes.

After her making it painfully clear that impure thoughts weren’t to be tolerated he had no reason to suspect she wanted him naked. Then again, you were usually naked for surgery.

He started to think, as instructed, about what could be happening. He could have some sort of chemical castration being tested on him. Or a flesh eating virus like they’d said before. Or being raped by a male horse being itself raped by a bull wearing a green tutu, while classical rock played in the background and women watched while commenting on how terribly droll it all was.

Though….that probably didn’t have much scientific purpose. It was just him panicking.

What was really surprising was that he hadn’t panicked until now, and even as he was doing it, externally he was completely calm.

Inside, he really wanted a hug.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 12:26:35 pm »
Tetra smirked at Mae's immediate transformations from a delighted child to a disapproving mother to a sulking child. Oh, don't take it so harshly. If you get to feed on me, I get to mess with you a bit. Okay? "Alright, fine. I'll choose my favorite one of the weapons they have." I'm the only non-vampire here, now, and quite unused to being the weakest one in the room. You really can't begrudge me a few jokes... He practically slithered down the hall.

He returned after a while, holding a sheet of paper. "They had a shrink ray, and the newest version of the nuclear sterilization machine, hopefully with less fallout this time... not to mention the Protein Unfolder Mach II, which looked unnecessarily painful... but, regrettably, they were all spoken for..." He handed the sheet to Mae. "Here's what I picked out. They haven't come up with a name yet, but it looks wonderful. You see, what it does is, it vaporizes the subcutaneous tissue that holds the skin onto the body." He grinned venomously. "There's a 'flay' setting, too, that makes all the necessary incisions so it just slides right off." He stood up straight, something he rarely did, but that added a few inches onto his height. "They really did need an immortal subject for this one. Management should order a box of these for the surgery rooms... make our lives a lot easier.

"If you're really opposed to it, though," he said, his mood dampening, "I guess I could go pick a different one. However, this is technically one of the tamer ones, considering the vict—er, subject—is left alive. The others waiting for immortal testing are all Exploders and Molecular Disassemblers and such. Rather difficult to piece back together." He kept half his attention on Hendrik the whole time, watching him for reactions.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 12:13:16 am »
A delicate eyebrow rose high on her face when Hendriks thoughts penetrated her own.

What on the TRIM Space station did he think they were going to do to him? Sure they would slowly peel off his skin, but… Horse rape? Green tutus? No. Mae stared at Hendrik with the oddest expression until she caught what he really wanted. Mae smirked and smiled at him and gave Hendrik a pat on the arm. Poor thing. So pathetic.

Mae swished her skirts and tapped her foot impatiently then jumped happily once when Tetra came back with a… Sheet of paper? Mae took it after eyeing him oddly and looked over it, oh, well… Bright blue eyes looked up at him. He seemed so delighted at this ‘flay’ tool for the device, Mae licked her lips then turned around to eye Hendrik, she’d kept him firmly in place. Ah, having these wonderful telekinesis powers were so… Helpful! Hendrik didn’t even need to be chained up. Not with anything physical at least.

Tetra looked very tall when he wasn’t hunched. “You should stand straight more often.” Mae said softly, her head tilted nearly completely back just to look up at his face. She felt insanely short. Mostly because she was anyway. Grumbling silently at the size difference between the two, she huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

”I suppose that one shall do. He can grow back skin quickly enough without losing too much.” Mae turned her eyes to Hendrik, “Besides, he has TWO meals in there which he got form me.” Though, Tetras blood still made up for it.

Mae licked her lips just remembered the warm blood that still pushed through her veins, ah… Such warmth. This warmth would last for a while, and make her look like the little girl she pretended to be, peaches and cream would be a good way to describe it. Of course her eyes remained ancient, but the rest of her looked little.

”Hendrik, you can choose between this, “ Mae held out the sheet, not close enough for him to grab it from her, but close enough to see, “Or one of the other things Dear Tetra describe for it.” A bright smile and she pulled the paper back and looked over it again while swishing her skirts and tapping her lower lip with a gloved finger.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 12:43:29 am »
Hendrik just stopped listening.

They were talking about doing things to him, horrible things. Skin flaying and such. He didn’t need to hear it, didn’t want to hear it, so he did what he’d done back home while he was working.

He’d been a hacker for the Edanith military, working at his computer in a small office cramped with work stations. He shared a cubicle with three other hackers. It was always noisy, the sound of keyboards, people yelling all over the place. Hendrik learned to tune it out, to disappear into a world of code.

That’s where he went now. He just thought about code, wrote a program in his head, and looked for back doors and password keys.

Blinking at the sheet, Hendrik was silent. It took a moment for him to snap out of his stupor and register what she’d said. Choose.

Choice was an illusion, made by those who have power to appease those without. Hendrik had no power here, meaning that Mae was either trying to placate him, which was pointless, or torment him. The choice of having his skin flayed off, for what scientific purpose he couldn’t fathom, or some unknown horror was no choice at all. The guillotine or the noose, you were still going to die.

Not that he’d actually die though. Oh no, not a mighty vampire as he was now. The thought almost made him laugh. He hardly felt powerful.

He looked from the sheet to Mae. She would have become a beautiful woman if she hadn’t been turned. How unfortunate. But he wasn’t going to play her game, so instead he smiled at her and said the first, most random thing that came to his mind.

“Off with his head.”

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 12:59:12 pm »
Tetra grinned as Mae craned her neck to look at him. He reverted to his normal position as she turned away huffily. "Why, to give the medical staff something to do, realigning your spine every week? Besides, you don't like being the short one. I can tell."

He was glad Mae approved of his weapon choice. Truth be told, he would have liked to test the Protein Unfolder, but someone had beat him to it. People like Hendrik always seem to be more tractable when their proteins are unfolded. Not to mention they scream more than they talk. "Good. That means we can do a few runs, to make sure the results are consistent." He smirked ruthlessly. Science will out.

He was rather irritated at Mae's decision to let Hendrik choose his fate, almost certain the subject would be a bad sport and choose the least painful thing Tetra had mentioned. Surprisingly—actually, not at all—he smiled at Mae and gave his idea of a witty nonanswer. Got news for you, sir. Nonanswers are never witty, especially when you're about to have your skin peeled off. "I'll go retrieve it, then. Mae, please take our esteemed guest to one of the testing rooms." He slunk off to claim the weapon. I'll meet you down there.

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2008, 04:36:50 am »
Mae opened her mind widely to take in the thoughts of both males, annoyed she clucked her tongue at Hendrik. “Now, see here. We’re testing to see if it works at it should. It’s no scientific, its testing product.” She pouted prettily at Hendrik then looked over her shoulder towards Hendrik, a soft voice spoke into his head. ‘While pain is hard to come by, it hurts all the more once we can feel it.’ being skinned alive wouldn’t kill him, but Mae knew a few tricks that would make it really hurt. A flicker drew over her eyes, a burst of bright blue around the pupil and she then frowned and blinking at Hendrik.

”Off… With your head?”

If possible, she got paler and took a few steps back, glaring at him. Bearing her fangs she snarled at him and then felt her mouth turn red with blood. Heads. Rolling heads. Mae quickly rushed behind Tetra for a moment, clinging to the back of his lab coat with her face buried into his back before she snapped her eyes open and pushed away. She was a three hundred year old vampires. The mention of the way of killing her shouldn’t scare her this badly.

”I..” Mae looked away and smoothed the front of her shirt and glared at Hendrik. “You’re to never utter those words again. Ever.” The husky purr was back, her fangs a little larger than usual as she glared at him. Blinking rapidly, she looked over her shoulder at Tetra and nodded silently. “Yes Dr. Zarovia.” Her voice had yet to fall out of the purr and she quickly grabbed one of Hendriks hands and yanked him upwards and pulled him out of the room and began to walk him towards the designated area.

”If you so much as sniff in anyones direction… I will personally break all of your bones twice over and prevent you from healing.” A sideways glance and she gently ran a finger over her temple, “And trust me… I can prevent your body from doing many things. It all depends if you’re a good boy or not.” Mae all but dragged Hendrik along, her hand tight around his. It took a few minutes, but they were to the testing room.

”There.” Mae took him to the middle of the room and gave him a mental tether to hold him to his spot, five feet of length before it was clutch at him and draw him back.

Mae loved her psychic powers. Gently she ran a hand through her glossy black hair and licked her lips before she went and stood in the door way, they’d gotten there a little earlier than Tetra, and she wouldn’t want him to go to the wrong room. They hardly got to see one another except for when they were testing on the same subject. More often than not, Mae was sharing her own. Though she so loved his company.

His warmth.

Probably also had a good deal to do with him not being afraid of her. A small smile spread across her lips when she remembered how nicely Tetra accepted her feeding off of him, a girlish sigh and Mae swished her skirts while she waited. A glare over her shoulder and she smiled at Hendrik. “You should prepare yourself for the very worst… Though I’m not sure that will quite cover it, hmm?”

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:53 pm »
Had Hendrik not just been told that he was about to be peeled like an orange, he could have laughed. He’d really frightened her. How odd.

Mae looked like a little girl, cowering as she was, but he didn’t feel the natural pang when another person was scared. Hendrik just tilted his head and stared at her, pale eyes wide. He honestly had no clue what had set her off, well, obviously what he said, but that made no sense.

She emerged, and he stowed the question away for another time. He inhaled, smelling things he never could have as a human. Things like fear. But then again, maybe that was just the insanity talking. The question of exactly how much of this he was faking hung in the back of Hendrik’s mind as his face remained in a giddy grin. Never saying that again was going to be hard.

He was swiftly yanked up and dragged out of the room, stumbling a little as they turned into the corridor. Or was it a passageway? Perhaps a tunnel? Cave? Cove? Pirates!

Hendrik babbled on in his mind as they walked, amused that he was able to be so utterly ridiculous when he wanted to, and again he questioned his own sanity.

The room looked the same as the last, except the floor had a slight slope leading down to a drain that spanned the length of the far wall. Evidently loss of blood was expected.

He smiled back at her. “No, I suppose not.” It was odd, but he could almost see the tether binding him, like a thread, just on the edge of his vision. “So,” he said distractedly while trying to see the thread, “What makes you so afraid of severed heads?”

Apparently her warning hadn’t quite gotten through.

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 06:58:39 pm »
After Hendrik spoke, Mae looked stunned. "Mae?" Tetra asked, a bit worriedly. She darted behind him, clinging a bit shakily to his lab coat. For a moment he was dumbstruck; Tetra was certainly not used to having people cling to him. Then he glared at Hendrik. This is his fault.

Mae detached from him momentarily, adopting a menacing tone. “You’re to never utter those words again. Ever.” There must have been something in what Hendrik said that caused Mae to have such an averse reaction. "You're lucky I'm not in charge of your pain threshold," he said to Hendrik, then left.

-----

Tetra walked down the hallway with an unlucky intern next to him carrying a black suitcase. He would have carried it himself, but it was heavy... and what was a job as a TRIM scientist if he couldn't make the interns earn their keep? He had certainly had to.

"Um, Doctor Zarovia?" the kid said. Tetra looked down at him, not speaking. "Um, which one of the testing rooms are you in?"

He looked tired; the suitcase was heavy, and he was a rather nerdy-looking kid. Not that that was at all surprising... he was a TRIM intern. "No idea," replied Tetra. That answer only made the intern's face go from tired to exhausted. "A little walk never killed anyone. I, however, might have." He spotted Mae standing in the doorway and waved at her. "There's the room."

The two made their way to the room, and the intern set the suitcase on the floor. "Thank you," said Tetra. "If you want, you can watch from the window. If not, go do whatever." The intern left the room, and Tetra swung the suitcase up onto one of the tables, unlatching it and lifting the weapon that lay within. It was relatively small, about two feet long, with a belled barrel. "This is my favorite part," he said to no one in particular. "Put goggles on, or something, Mae. You might benefit from a lab coat as well, unless you want your dress getting stained."

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:23 am »
A quiet hiss left her plush lips and if looks could kill, Hendriks face would be expressionless mount of pulp. Quietly she licked her lips before dragging a nail across the pad of her thumb and pressing it over her lips, the blood beaded against them and clung as a single ruby drop at the middle. Quickly she moved towards Hendrik and planted a slow kiss on his lips, transferring the warm blood. Tetra’s blood. Licking the raining off of her own lips, she pressed her nails on Hendrisk throat and cut.

Four long cuts dragged across his neck, across his throat, opening slightly to see the meat inside. They healed almost as quickly as she cut but she grabbed his face and pushed it back before licking his neck. “If you lose your head…” She drew another long lick up over his chin and gave him another kiss. “You die.” Mae tightened the teather, keeping him in his spot and returned to the spot by the door.

Ooo, yay! It was Tetra. She smiled widely, and swished her skirts while she waited for him to get down the hall. Moving out of the way and dancing around Tetra like a ballerina, her footsteps silent and the only noises coming from her was the fabric as it brushed against his legs and bunched and twirled around her legs. “Hmm? I wouldn’t want to stain my dress.” She decided before quickly leaving the room and getting her labcoat. Hardly used, not a single stain on it.

Just a single drop of blood on the left sleeve.

It took barely five minutes, and Mae returned googled and coated. Her hair ribbon was in a pocket and the goggles were over her eyes. Comical on the tiny vampire. “It’s too big and awkward for me to use…” Mae nodded slowly before tethering Hendrik to the ground, absolutely. Completely. He’d be able to arch back and scream in pain, flail to the sides… Even bend forward a little.

Enough for a show.

“Remember, Hendrik… If you’re a good boy I’ll make it hurt less.”

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008, 12:49:27 am »
Hendrik could only quirk an eyebrow and tilt his head as Mae cut herself, for no apparent reason, then applied some blood flavoured lipstick. The blood sure looked tasty. It was a very odd thing, finding yourself salivating at the thought of blood. It was unnerving, even more so because the thought which should have been grotesque didn’t make him feel at all queasy.

Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, she was kissing him, and all Hendrik could do was twitch. Well, twitch and suck at her lips, devouring the sweet blood. She pulled away and he let out a little, “Aaaw.” The blood was tasty, and the kissing was nice too.

There was no blood left for her to lick off, he’d been rather thorough.

He tried to pull away when she cut him, his face contorting into a look of terror. Why would she hurt him? Hendrik looked on the verge of tears and was whimpering slightly when she pushed his head back, then fell silent again when she licked him better. With his eyes staring at the ceiling and his mouth fixed in a line, Hendrik wasn’t entirely sure how he was supposed to be reacting to the licking, but he kissed back this time. Kissing was fun. The death warning, not so much.

Feeling the restricting leash again, Hendrik tried to see it, again just catching something out of the corner of his eye, making him spin like a dog chasing its tail trying to catch it. When that guy came back in Hendrik froze and looked at him, looked at the big…thingy. What was that guys name again? Tetron? Tetris? Yes, that was it, Tetris.

Tetris jabbered on and Mae left to find her lab coat, he assumed, leaving Hendrik alone with the tall man thing. After a few awkward moments of waiting, and ignoring Tetris, Hendrik brightened and said slyly, “Hey Teeeeetris. She kissed me, twice.” There was just a gut feeling that that would bother him.

Before he could enjoy the mans reaction, Mae came back and he was unceremoniously yanked to the floor. He let out a groan and writhed a little, then stopped when she spoke.

“Yes mummy, I’ll be good.” He grinned, eyes closed. Technically she was his sire, he supposed, but mummy was just as good. "I love you muuuuuummy."

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2008, 03:40:37 pm »
Tetra watched out the corner of his eye as Mae danced excitedly around him, then decided it might be a good idea to put a lab coat on, and left the room. He noticed Hendrik, a feeling of uneasiness about him, kind of frozen, staring between Tetra and the gun.

The young vampire just stood there for a few minutes, quiet and finding things to occupy himself that didn't involve contemplating his impending loss of skin, which was fine with Tetra. He extracted a cloth from the pocket of his lab coat, and set about polishing the weapon. It didn't need polishing that much; the only one to touch it since it had been laid in the case was Tetra himself. Still, he liked the feel of it, the cloth running over cold metal, his other hand holding the rubber grip. He switched it on, and gave it time to warm up. If I didn't love genetics so much, thought Tetra, I'd work in the weapons division full-time.

Of course, the thought of leaving TRIM never crossed his mind.

He looked up at Hendrik's voice, his lips slightly parted in that serious, almost bored expression of his. “Hey Teeeeetris. She kissed me, twice.” His face turned into a full-on grimace, upper lip curled unpleasantly, teeth bared. He was about to retort when Mae walked in, and he turned around. The sight of her in a too-big lab coat and too-big goggles thoroughly ruined his irritated expression. "Haven't you worked here long enough to merit a tailor job, Mae?" he said, in a deadpan voice and a muted smile.

Mae anchored Hendrik to the ground and told him to behave, eliciting a pointy grin from Tetra. “Yes mummy, I’ll be good.” The tall scientist rolled his eyes and stood up from his chair, holding the gun at waist-level, pointed at the subject. "Also, if you can't remember my name, I'll scratch it upside-down onto your retinas myself. Tetra."

He stood back, about seven feet away from Hendrik, making sure Mae was behind the gun as well. "In that case... this still might sting a bit." he grinned and held the trigger down, watching Hendrik's reactions intently as the tissue that held his skin to his muscle was slowly eaten away.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 06:40:25 am »
“I like my big goggles and coat. They cover more.” Mae stated simply before giving a slow twirl to show the men how it slightly dragged against the ground and then smiled over at Tetra and grinning widely. White-blue eyes rolled dramatically and she huffed quietly before glaring over at Hendrik. “ I’m not your mummy.”

Carefully she went and hovered behind Tetra, watching her little pet intently. A cruel sadistic smile on her lips as she watched. Her mind reached out to Hendriks, letting him experience every single string of flesh that got eaten away, of course his body would regenerate almost as quickly as it got eaten away but it would still be nice to see if it worked. “You’re lucky he’s so fresh and new.” Mae commented softly to Tetra, looking up at the back of his head. “ If you pointed that at might I doubt it would do anything… I’m almost like rock.”

Another sweet smile and Mae turned her attention back to Hendrik, waiting for the writhing and maybe even a scream.

((Crappiest post that ever did post, but it's a post! ))

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »
Well this wasn’t so bad thus far. Tetra said that it might sting, but Hendrik wasn’t feeling any-

His spine arched slightly as the pain hit, fire erupting beneath his skin. It cam relentlessly, attacking every inch of his being. Only his eyes were spared, and they bulged as his mouth gaped open in a silent scream. He could feel the two forces working against each other, the weapon and his regeneration locked in a struggle.

Clenching his jaw and tensing his muscles, Hendrik let out a low growl. His eyes searched for Tetra and fixed him with an angry stare as he struggled to get free of the invisible bonds and strike at the insolent worm that dares do this to him.

The pain seemed to go on forever, and after a while, he gave up on struggling and flopped into a twitching mass. Broken laughter started to escape his mouth, which twisted into a grin. Idiots. What a bunch of fools.

He’d done a lot of searching since he’d discovered his magic, a lot of hunting for mages that might halt his demise, and in that searching he hadn’t come across a single mention of any mage who could do what he did. So, with a mage that was probably unique, and now practically immortal, what did they choose to do? Test some silly little gun on him. It was ridiculous, so he laughed, laughed until he cried.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 04:46:06 pm »
A satisfied smile crept across the scientist's face, exposing the edges of pointed teeth. His hands were steady as he held the weapon aimed at Hendrik. Nothing took the edge off Tetra Zarovia like causing excruciating pain to someone he highly disliked. This recently-turned immortal subject fell squarely into that category... all that remained was to define "excruciating".

He looked back at Mae with that smile on his face, making him look somewhat pleasant. "I'm glad it's working on him as well. I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't. Nice of you to let him feel it." He did know what he would have done, actually. He would have held out for a flamethrower.

The corners of Tetra's mouth turned up even more when Hendrik collapsed. Back in your place, insolent rat. they abruptly fell back into the usual disapproving scowl, however, when he started laughing. If there was one thing Tetra hated most about arrogant subjects, it was that. Everyone seemed to assume that the most badass course of action when undergoing an especially (and often deliberately) painful bout of tests was to laugh like they knew something. It isn't badass. It's annoying, and makes us want to hurt them even more. Thoroughly unwise.

"You're laughing. That usually means you're up for worse. Would you like worse, subject?" He didn't wait for Hendrik to answer. "I don't care about your opinion of yourself, if that's what this is about. Neither does Doctor Imajica. TRIM owns you."

"Mae," he said calmly, still holding down the trigger. "I believe it's about finished with that pesky subcutaneous layer of his. There should be scalpels in one of the cabinets. Would you like to skin him before he regenerates, or shall I?" He remained professional, not letting on that he wanted to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal