Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Modern Kulshedra [WIP]  (Read 431 times)

Offline Draconian

The Modern Kulshedra [WIP]
« on: January 18, 2018, 04:03:20 pm »
The Kulshedra

Kulshedra are an old race on the planet. Starting from humble roots of tribal origins, they've adapted with the ages and are a much more modern version of what they once were. While their culture has suffered for it, some things were lost and others were gained. Missing a fair amount of what they once were, the Kulshedra that grow up in 'clans' cherish what tradition and culture they have left.

As of now, they're doing their best to adapt to what they can. They are a dying race and they've accepted it.

I . Biology
II. Culture
-Aedolis
-Edani
-Libran
III. Fancy Stuff I Guess?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:55:46 pm by Draconian »

Offline Draconian

Basic Anatomy
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 05:49:33 pm »
I. BASIC ANATOMY

Kulshedra are a large bipedal species with a basic humanoid look. Scales, digitigrade legs and a long reptilian tail usually give them away as being non-human. Along with the rest of them.

Half-breeds do not play into these genetics or traits. The added race throw all these out the window and Kulshedra don't breed true. Instead, the genetics adapt and find a middle ground. Therefore, you can have two half-kulshedra children and they can look varying degrees of the scaled species.

Similarities
● All Kulshedra are covered in some degree of scales barring a deformity.
● Hair is black, scale coloured or a mix of the two - Black with coloured streaks.
● They can purr and make various other cute animal noises.
● Humanoid reproductive organs.
● They all have a cluster of scales at the base of their throat, rooted deeply into the flesh, it is harder than anything else in their body and usually survives longer than they do. These are used in funerary rites if available.
● Other Stuff I can't Think of.

Males
●Height is between 6'3-6'9"
●Jaw Split for maximum biting potential.
●Slightly broader

Females
●Height is between 5'10"-6'4"
●Jaw does not split unless genetics play an odd part while inside the parent.
●Slimmer, has breasts and wider hips.

Scales
A quick example can be found here. Eye colours here
● Colour of scales is not hereditary.
● There is no way to predetermine a scale colour in a child.
80% Red, Blue and Yellow ( and varying degrees of intensity)
15% Purple and Green
5%  White, Black, Iridescence's and varying mixes make up the smallest amount.
●The scales on their bodies follow a pattern. Their ears, cheekbones - the cheek split if they have the jaw trait - and then down the neck, over their shoulders and along the back, the tail, feet and hands.
●Comically, the parts without scales are the softest parts. The inside of the arms, the stomach area and lower chest, the genitals and upper thighs.

i. Anomalies
The Throwback
Sometimes, very rarely, one in a few hundred thousand births there is what is called a "Throwback". Believed to be from their more animal ancestors, before the modern age they were culled at birth, considered a bad omen and to bring great misfortune to the tribe. In Modern times, if they are born into more culturally intense homes they are simply abandoned or given up for adoption.
Traits
Quick Example Here
●The Throwbacks always are missing the 'false cheek'. Both genders express this trait.
Usually are a dark version of a base colour. Maroon. Navy blue. Brown.
●A lighter eye.
●They are missing the cluster of scales. Usually their throats and upper torso are bare of scales - hence the bad omen to the more culturally sensitive Kulshedra.

ii. Lifespan
●A long lived race, they are not immortal.  The eldest get to be about 300 and as a hardy race they usually die of old age.

iii. Their's
● Kulshedra rely on their senses and sometimes they find someone that is just... Perfect. Sometimes it's instantaneous. Sometimes it's a slow build up until they realize.
● Traditionally they're called a 'Mine'. It's possessive and plays into their predatory nature. They're each other's 'Mine.'
● Over time, should they bond with Theirs, the Kulshedra becomes addicted to their presence. Their scent. The sound of their voice. The feel of them while sleeping.  As with all addictions, not having their cravings met can be adverse to their overall mental health and withdrawal symptoms have been a thing.
● Should their Mine die, it's a hard pill to swallow. Sometimes they mourn for the rest of their life, never taking another mate and sometimes they accept what happened and move on. This is entirely up to each individual.
● Bonding with non-Kulshedra can be harder if they don't understand the intensity of the bond.
Basically, it's an addiction to someone and they're Never Gonna Give You Up. ((Unless, of course, you don't want them))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:27:34 pm by Draconian »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal